Mark Cerny: PS4 almost used X1 style architecture. Great Video!

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Starts at 39 Minutes.

http://youtu.be/JJW5OKbh0WA?t=38m55s

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
I could listen to him talk all day. Sony should use him more.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Factual information that System wars forumites chose to ignore and base hopes on clouds and theories.

Thank you Sony for building a console for the best quality games, and not TV or Kinect.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Factual information that System wars forumites chose to ignore and base hopes on clouds and theories.

Thank you Sony for building a console for the best quality games, and not TV or Kinect.

Douevenlift_bro

Yeah but... I mean have you SEEN TitanFall?

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
40:45 - He says that a large cache + RAM setup, like that in the XBox One, would actually allow developers to fully utilize the hardware, and that a large shared GDDR5 memory pool is easier for developers to utilize. So, Sony just said that Micrsoft's approach to the RAM is actually better for performance :o
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

Obviously_Right

Oh shit. You're right.. That changes EVERYTHING.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

Obviously_Right

you mean that game that looks like a slightly upgraded CoD? yeah i seen that ugly ass game
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Starts at 39 Minutes.

ShadowDeathX

So, he basically said that if you know what you are doing, the XB1 architecture is actaully faster, but you have to take that learning curve into account. Whereas in the PS4's architecture, it is easier to fully utilize the hardware of the platform from the get go.

A lot of cows are going to be upset about that.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

xboxiphoneps3

you mean that game that looks like a slightly upgraded CoD? yeah i seen that ugly ass game

But have you SEEN TITANFALL?!?!?
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StormyJoe

40:45 - He says that a large cache, like that in the XBox One, would actually allow developers to fully utilize the hardware, and that GDDR5 is just easier to for developers to use.. So, Sony just said that Micrsoft's approach to the RAM is actually better for performance :osuperclocked

Yes he did. Sony went for an achitecture that was the easiest to develop for in their minds.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
4:45 - He says that a large cache, like that in the XBox One, would actually allow developers to fully utilize the hardware, and that GDDR5 is just easier to for developers to use.. So Sony just said that Micrsoft's approach to the RAM is actually better for performance :osuperclocked
But you need to put in a lot more work, drive the costs up and it produces much more heat. It's not worth it for having a theoretical bandwidth you're never going to hit. show me one game that needs 1000+ GB/s of bandwidth to run. The XB1 has an already gimped memory set-up that can only be up to par by using that esram efficiently. The esram is going to be the cell of this generation, third parties won't care developing/coding for it.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

Starts at 39 Minutes.

StormyJoe

So, he basically said that if you know what you are doing, the XB1 architecture is actaully faster, but you have to take that learning curve into account. Whereas in the PS4's architecture, it is easier to fully utilize the hardware of the platform from the get go.

You just don't get it do ya?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StormyJoe

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

Starts at 39 Minutes.

Douevenlift_bro

Apparently you don't. It wasn't like he was speaking latin...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StormyJoe

[QUOTE="superclocked"]4:45 - He says that a large cache, like that in the XBox One, would actually allow developers to fully utilize the hardware, and that GDDR5 is just easier to for developers to use.. So Sony just said that Micrsoft's approach to the RAM is actually better for performance :oDrTrafalgarLaw
But you need to put in a lot more work, drive the costs up and it produces much more heat. It's not worth it for having a theoretical bandwidth you're never going to hit. show me one game that needs 1000+ GB/s of bandwidth to run. The XB1 has an already gimped memory set-up that can only be up to par by using that esram efficiently. The esram is going to be the cell of this generation, third parties won't care developing/coding for it.

Or, as with most MS's dev tools, the SDK makes it easy to do.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts
Wouldn't developers already be accustomed to this as the 360 architecture was similar? Sounds like a positive.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StormyJoe

Apparently you don't. It wasn't like he was speaking latin...

He said at the end of the day 176GB/S is faster because it's readily available.

Why on earth do you wanna spin that?

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="superclocked"]4:45 - He says that a large cache, like that in the XBox One, would actually allow developers to fully utilize the hardware, and that GDDR5 is just easier to for developers to use.. So Sony just said that Micrsoft's approach to the RAM is actually better for performance :oStormyJoe

It's still an overhead for developers that have never worked with esram before, doesn't matter how good the tools are. Microsoft might've had an edge with eDram but they cheaped out an spend the budget on Kinect 2.0. Don't forget the gimped GPU only capable of 1.1 TFLOPs.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

Starts at 39 Minutes.

StormyJoe

Sounds like the Cell. Seems like Sony learned their lesson.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
#ThankYouBasedCerny  :cool: You are a god amongst men. You destroy your competition and lay waste to whole armies. May your continued guidance and philosophy of Live, Love, and Learn continue to carry Sony to new heights of domination. :cool: SDC. #ThankyouBasedLordKaz
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
Yea, I've been saying MS took the better approach to memory for awhile now. BUt memory isn't going to be a game changer this gen. But the fact the x1 gpu has 50% less shader cores is going to extremely hard to overcome. PS4 is no doubt stronger, just how much stronger has yet to be seen.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

Starts at 39 Minutes.

lx_theo

How you got to this conclusion completely baffles me.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] But you need to put in a lot more work, drive the costs up and it produces much more heat. It's not worth it for having a theoretical bandwidth you're never going to hit. show me one game that needs 1000+ GB/s of bandwidth to run. The XB1 has an already gimped memory set-up that can only be up to par by using that esram efficiently. The esram is going to be the cell of this generation, third parties won't care developing/coding for it.DrTrafalgarLaw

It's still an overhead for developers that have never worked with esram before, doesn't matter how good the tools are. Microsoft might've had an edge with eDram but they cheaped out an spend the budget on Kinect 2.0. Don't forget the gimped GPU only capable of 1.1 TFLOPs.

That would be an extremely small group of devs, since the 360 took a similar approach to memory.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts
The Xbox One's eSRAM doesn't have a bandwidth of 1TBps; not even close.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

Starts at 39 Minutes.

StormyJoe

LOL

And we know with Microsoft superior software tools, it'll be a breeze for devs to take advantage of that power

TCHBO

Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
I remember when cows were saying that a harder to develop for system is better because that way graphics will get better over the years as opposed to maxing it out from the get go.. oh those poor saps.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 I_can_haz
The Xbox One's eSRAM doesn't have a bandwidth of 1TBps; not even close. Nonstop-Madness
^ ^ This. Lems are idiots. Also I'd like to add that readily available fast RAM>>>>>Theoretically available fast RAM :cool: PS4 wins
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

FPSfan1985

Better performance, more difficult and tricky to program effectively for. Same description can easily be applied to both. Its a pretty short logical followthrough.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

Starts at 39 Minutes.

lx_theo

The One will be this gens PS3. :P

straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 straightedge_X
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts
Ken Kutaragi sat alone in his luxurious office, feet propped on his massive oak desk, and sipped Henri IV Dudognon Heritage cognac from a fine etched crystal snifter. He had put in a long day of f*cking up Sony's PR campaign for their new PlayStation 3 console, and he deserved a break. The building was mostly empty, save for some janitors and a few kiss-asses putting in extra hours in a vain attempt to be noticed when an executive position opened up. Susan, his eager and naive young receptionist was one such ass kisser. "Maybe if she ever puts her mouth to better use than just answering the damn phones," he chuckled to himself. The door to his top-floor office burst open suddenly and he nearly spilled his drink. Charging toward him was Mark Cerny, a bright young programmer working somewhere in the company on game development or some such nonsense. Ken was too busy driving the bus off the cliff to pay attention to what the passengers were doing. Ken stood to meet his visitor, but before he could react, Cerny had him by the throat. "You f*ck up, Ken," he spat between gritted teeth. His breath reeked of cigarette smoke and rage. "The PS3 is a f*cking mess. Developers can't get the damn thing to work right and the price is too goddamn high." Ken wriggled beneath Cerny's iron grip, sweat pouring down his brow. He managed a wry smile, attempting to show a confidence instantly betrayed by his trembling lips. "People w-will work a second job to--" Cerny's free hand swept through the open air and connected with a smack across Ken's face, his wirey frame giving no indication of the strength within him. "No more bullshit, Ken." Ken swallowed hard. Fire burned behind Cerny's eye, and Ken knew he meant business. "Mark," he choked, "you don't know people the way I do. They'll happily pay whatever price we set. We're Sony, for **** sake. People trust us because people are idi--" Before he could close his mouth, Cerny jammed the end of a pistol into it. "Be real **** careful about the next words you speak." He stared into the endless black of Cerny's dilated pupils. The only sounds in the room were those of his heart pounding and his teeth chattering against the gun's muzzle. Cerny was right to be angry and there was nothing he could say to fix what he had done. So he started to cry. Cerny relaxed his grip and holstered his gun. "Get out of here," he said. "You want me to leave my own office?" Ken asked, still sobbing. Cerny took the open bottle of cognac from Ken's desk and shot back a slug. "No Ken," he grinned, "I want you out of MY office."
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts
LoL PS4 easier to develop for but Xbox One has more potential once they learn how to use it. So once developers have learned how to make the best out of memory, cloud and Kinect, Xbox One games will look as good as PS4 but play better with Kinect and the cloud. This reenforces my correct decision to buy Xbox One
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Ouch, see cows are busy with the damage control. The idea X1 has a comparable, and in some situations even better RAM than the PS4 stings after all that "GDDR5" nonsense, huh? ;)

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] Sounds like the Cell. Seems like Sony learned their lesson.

Better performance, more difficult and tricky to program effectively for. Same description can easily be applied to both. Its a pretty short logical followthrough.

You do understand the same amount of memory management is going to be needed on the ps4 right? Memory management is also much easier than fragmenting code to run on those spus or even multiple cores. Memory management is one of the very first things a programmer will ever learn.
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tdkmillsy
The Xbox One's eSRAM doesn't have a bandwidth of 1TBps; not even close. Nonstop-Madness
Proof???
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
I remember when cows were saying that a harder to develop for system is better because that way graphics will get better over the years as opposed to maxing it out from the get go.. oh those poor saps. ShoulderOfOrion
join date 3 months ago
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lx_theo
[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"] How you got to this conclusion completely baffles me.

You do understand the same amount of memory management is going to be needed on the ps4 right? Memory management is also much easier than fragmenting code to run on those spus or even multiple cores. Memory management is one of the very first things a programmer will ever learn.

You do realize Cerny said exactly what I'm saying about it? It could theoretically have better performance, but you'd have to go through quite a bit of flaming hoops to figure out how to do it effectively.
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tdkmillsy
[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]I remember when cows were saying that a harder to develop for system is better because that way graphics will get better over the years as opposed to maxing it out from the get go.. oh those poor saps. NEWMAHAY
join date 3 months ago

And???
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

glez13

The One will be this gens PS3. :P

Without TEH CELL. I also like how lems in this thread are also preteding the XBone doesn't have less RAM available for games and a shitty GPU. :lol: It doesn't matter what you guys say you still lose.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]The Xbox One's eSRAM doesn't have a bandwidth of 1TBps; not even close. tdkmillsy
Proof???

http://www.oxm.co.uk/57304/xbox-ones-memory-performance-has-been-hugely-underestimated-claim-developers/ Only 192 GB/s
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rocker6

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]I remember when cows were saying that a harder to develop for system is better because that way graphics will get better over the years as opposed to maxing it out from the get go.. oh those poor saps. NEWMAHAY
join date 3 months ago

Yeah, he's a bandodger... treasure these posts of his, he'll be gone in a month or two...

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rocker6

Ken Kutaragi sat alone in his luxurious office, feet propped on his massive oak desk, and sipped Henri IV Dudognon Heritage cognac from a fine etched crystal snifter. He had put in a long day of f*cking up Sony's PR campaign for their new PlayStation 3 console, and he deserved a break. The building was mostly empty, save for some janitors and a few kiss-asses putting in extra hours in a vain attempt to be noticed when an executive position opened up. Susan, his eager and naive young receptionist was one such ass kisser. "Maybe if she ever puts her mouth to better use than just answering the damn phones," he chuckled to himself. The door to his top-floor office burst open suddenly and he nearly spilled his drink. Charging toward him was Mark Cerny, a bright young programmer working somewhere in the company on game development or some such nonsense. Ken was too busy driving the bus off the cliff to pay attention to what the passengers were doing. Ken stood to meet his visitor, but before he could react, Cerny had him by the throat. "You f*ck up, Ken," he spat between gritted teeth. His breath reeked of cigarette smoke and rage. "The PS3 is a f*cking mess. Developers can't get the damn thing to work right and the price is too goddamn high." Ken wriggled beneath Cerny's iron grip, sweat pouring down his brow. He managed a wry smile, attempting to show a confidence instantly betrayed by his trembling lips. "People w-will work a second job to--" Cerny's free hand swept through the open air and connected with a smack across Ken's face, his wirey frame giving no indication of the strength within him. "No more bullshit, Ken." Ken swallowed hard. Fire burned behind Cerny's eye, and Ken knew he meant business. "Mark," he choked, "you don't know people the way I do. They'll happily pay whatever price we set. We're Sony, for **** sake. People trust us because people are idi--" Before he could close his mouth, Cerny jammed the end of a pistol into it. "Be real **** careful about the next words you speak." He stared into the endless black of Cerny's dilated pupils. The only sounds in the room were those of his heart pounding and his teeth chattering against the gun's muzzle. Cerny was right to be angry and there was nothing he could say to fix what he had done. So he started to cry. Cerny relaxed his grip and holstered his gun. "Get out of here," he said. "You want me to leave my own office?" Ken asked, still sobbing. Cerny took the open bottle of cognac from Ken's desk and shot back a slug. "No Ken," he grinned, "I want you out of MY office."straightedge_X

Nice!

You wrote that?

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"][QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]I remember when cows were saying that a harder to develop for system is better because that way graphics will get better over the years as opposed to maxing it out from the get go.. oh those poor saps. tdkmillsy
join date 3 months ago

And???

I don't remember anyone saying anything like that and I been here for almost 2 yearsish.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] Better performance, more difficult and tricky to program effectively for. Same description can easily be applied to both. Its a pretty short logical followthrough.

You do realize Cerny said exactly what I'm saying about it? It could theoretically have better performance, but you'd have to go through quite a bit of flaming hoops to figure out how to do it effectively.

That's just not true. Seeing how the 360 uses the exact same setup, and devs love making games for it.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lx_theo
[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"] You do understand the same amount of memory management is going to be needed on the ps4 right? Memory management is also much easier than fragmenting code to run on those spus or even multiple cores. Memory management is one of the very first things a programmer will ever learn.

That's just not true. Seeing how the 360 uses the exact same setup, and devs love making games for it.

So you're saying Cerny is wrong? Because I'm a bit more trusting of his expertise over yours.
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tdkmillsy
[QUOTE="tdkmillsy"][QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]The Xbox One's eSRAM doesn't have a bandwidth of 1TBps; not even close. FPSfan1985
Proof???

http://www.oxm.co.uk/57304/xbox-ones-memory-performance-has-been-hugely-underestimated-claim-developers/ Only 192 GB/s

Isn't this bigger than Sonys?
straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 straightedge_X
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="straightedge_X"]Ken Kutaragi sat alone in his luxurious office, feet propped on his massive oak desk, and sipped Henri IV Dudognon Heritage cognac from a fine etched crystal snifter. He had put in a long day of f*cking up Sony's PR campaign for their new PlayStation 3 console, and he deserved a break. The building was mostly empty, save for some janitors and a few kiss-asses putting in extra hours in a vain attempt to be noticed when an executive position opened up. Susan, his eager and naive young receptionist was one such ass kisser. "Maybe if she ever puts her mouth to better use than just answering the damn phones," he chuckled to himself. The door to his top-floor office burst open suddenly and he nearly spilled his drink. Charging toward him was Mark Cerny, a bright young programmer working somewhere in the company on game development or some such nonsense. Ken was too busy driving the bus off the cliff to pay attention to what the passengers were doing. Ken stood to meet his visitor, but before he could react, Cerny had him by the throat. "You f*ck up, Ken," he spat between gritted teeth. His breath reeked of cigarette smoke and rage. "The PS3 is a f*cking mess. Developers can't get the damn thing to work right and the price is too goddamn high." Ken wriggled beneath Cerny's iron grip, sweat pouring down his brow. He managed a wry smile, attempting to show a confidence instantly betrayed by his trembling lips. "People w-will work a second job to--" Cerny's free hand swept through the open air and connected with a smack across Ken's face, his wirey frame giving no indication of the strength within him. "No more bullshit, Ken." Ken swallowed hard. Fire burned behind Cerny's eye, and Ken knew he meant business. "Mark," he choked, "you don't know people the way I do. They'll happily pay whatever price we set. We're Sony, for **** sake. People trust us because people are idi--" Before he could close his mouth, Cerny jammed the end of a pistol into it. "Be real **** careful about the next words you speak." He stared into the endless black of Cerny's dilated pupils. The only sounds in the room were those of his heart pounding and his teeth chattering against the gun's muzzle. Cerny was right to be angry and there was nothing he could say to fix what he had done. So he started to cry. Cerny relaxed his grip and holstered his gun. "Get out of here," he said. "You want me to leave my own office?" Ken asked, still sobbing. Cerny took the open bottle of cognac from Ken's desk and shot back a slug. "No Ken," he grinned, "I want you out of MY office."Rocker6

Nice!

You wrote that?

If I say "no", will you still love me?
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"]Ken Kutaragi sat alone in his luxurious office, feet propped on his massive oak desk, and sipped Henri IV Dudognon Heritage cognac from a fine etched crystal snifter. He had put in a long day of f*cking up Sony's PR campaign for their new PlayStation 3 console, and he deserved a break. The building was mostly empty, save for some janitors and a few kiss-asses putting in extra hours in a vain attempt to be noticed when an executive position opened up. Susan, his eager and naive young receptionist was one such ass kisser. "Maybe if she ever puts her mouth to better use than just answering the damn phones," he chuckled to himself. The door to his top-floor office burst open suddenly and he nearly spilled his drink. Charging toward him was Mark Cerny, a bright young programmer working somewhere in the company on game development or some such nonsense. Ken was too busy driving the bus off the cliff to pay attention to what the passengers were doing. Ken stood to meet his visitor, but before he could react, Cerny had him by the throat. "You f*ck up, Ken," he spat between gritted teeth. His breath reeked of cigarette smoke and rage. "The PS3 is a f*cking mess. Developers can't get the damn thing to work right and the price is too goddamn high." Ken wriggled beneath Cerny's iron grip, sweat pouring down his brow. He managed a wry smile, attempting to show a confidence instantly betrayed by his trembling lips. "People w-will work a second job to--" Cerny's free hand swept through the open air and connected with a smack across Ken's face, his wirey frame giving no indication of the strength within him. "No more bullshit, Ken." Ken swallowed hard. Fire burned behind Cerny's eye, and Ken knew he meant business. "Mark," he choked, "you don't know people the way I do. They'll happily pay whatever price we set. We're Sony, for **** sake. People trust us because people are idi--" Before he could close his mouth, Cerny jammed the end of a pistol into it. "Be real **** careful about the next words you speak." He stared into the endless black of Cerny's dilated pupils. The only sounds in the room were those of his heart pounding and his teeth chattering against the gun's muzzle. Cerny was right to be angry and there was nothing he could say to fix what he had done. So he started to cry. Cerny relaxed his grip and holstered his gun. "Get out of here," he said. "You want me to leave my own office?" Ken asked, still sobbing. Cerny took the open bottle of cognac from Ken's desk and shot back a slug. "No Ken," he grinned, "I want you out of MY office."

Lol.. You should make an account named anonymous...
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Douevenlift_bro

Ouch, see cows are busy with the damage control. The idea X1 has a comparable, and in some situations even better RAM than the PS4 stings after all that "GDDR5" nonsense, huh? ;)

Rocker6

Didn't understand shit ^

Lol lemmings...

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="straightedge_X"]Ken Kutaragi sat alone in his luxurious office, feet propped on his massive oak desk, and sipped Henri IV Dudognon Heritage cognac from a fine etched crystal snifter. He had put in a long day of f*cking up Sony's PR campaign for their new PlayStation 3 console, and he deserved a break. The building was mostly empty, save for some janitors and a few kiss-asses putting in extra hours in a vain attempt to be noticed when an executive position opened up. Susan, his eager and naive young receptionist was one such ass kisser. "Maybe if she ever puts her mouth to better use than just answering the damn phones," he chuckled to himself. The door to his top-floor office burst open suddenly and he nearly spilled his drink. Charging toward him was Mark Cerny, a bright young programmer working somewhere in the company on game development or some such nonsense. Ken was too busy driving the bus off the cliff to pay attention to what the passengers were doing. Ken stood to meet his visitor, but before he could react, Cerny had him by the throat. "You f*ck up, Ken," he spat between gritted teeth. His breath reeked of cigarette smoke and rage. "The PS3 is a f*cking mess. Developers can't get the damn thing to work right and the price is too goddamn high." Ken wriggled beneath Cerny's iron grip, sweat pouring down his brow. He managed a wry smile, attempting to show a confidence instantly betrayed by his trembling lips. "People w-will work a second job to--" Cerny's free hand swept through the open air and connected with a smack across Ken's face, his wirey frame giving no indication of the strength within him. "No more bullshit, Ken." Ken swallowed hard. Fire burned behind Cerny's eye, and Ken knew he meant business. "Mark," he choked, "you don't know people the way I do. They'll happily pay whatever price we set. We're Sony, for **** sake. People trust us because people are idi--" Before he could close his mouth, Cerny jammed the end of a pistol into it. "Be real **** careful about the next words you speak." He stared into the endless black of Cerny's dilated pupils. The only sounds in the room were those of his heart pounding and his teeth chattering against the gun's muzzle. Cerny was right to be angry and there was nothing he could say to fix what he had done. So he started to cry. Cerny relaxed his grip and holstered his gun. "Get out of here," he said. "You want me to leave my own office?" Ken asked, still sobbing. Cerny took the open bottle of cognac from Ken's desk and shot back a slug. "No Ken," he grinned, "I want you out of MY office."straightedge_X

Nice!

You wrote that?

If I say "no", will you still love me?

Yeah, but only a little... be as it may, you made me laugh... :P

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] You do realize Cerny said exactly what I'm saying about it? It could theoretically have better performance, but you'd have to go through quite a bit of flaming hoops to figure out how to do it effectively.

So you're saying Cerny is wrong? Because I'm a bit more trusting of his expertise over yours.

He's not wrong he's just over playing the complexity needed to take advantage of the on chip ram. The same amount of complexity will be needed for the gddr5 in the ps4. Which is nothing when compared to the complexities of the cell.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="tdkmillsy"][QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]The Xbox One's eSRAM doesn't have a bandwidth of 1TBps; not even close. FPSfan1985
Proof???

In theory. In practice 133GB/s

STILL LOWER THAN PS4 :lol: