Man I almost feel bad for Sony...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
    PS1 kicked butt, PS2 kicked butt, so what the hell happened to PS3? I would have thought after the immense success of PS2 that the PS3 would have launched with a killer line up. Maybe since the PS2 is still going strong this didn't happen but come on I expected something more then RFOM.

To make matters worse the PR people. Sony you cannot have Guys like Kutagari, Kaz, and Jack Tretton running the show....There is no exuse for that or any of the comments or statements they make. They sound like a bunch of drunk college guys after they are questioned why they got with the fat chick the previous night.

Well I got VF5 to play with soon which is good. But if things don't shape up quickly I don't know what to think. FFXIII weren't on 07 release lists which means its most likely gonna be an 08 release. Every Final Fantasy that has come to the states has been released in Q4. I can wait until Q4 08 because I also have a Wii, 360, and PC to occupy me. But can Sony really hold on until 08?

Lets be serious games like Motor Storm, Lair, and WarHawk aren't going to save the PS3. Heavenly Sword looks promising though but I doubt it will be better then DMC and DMC isn't even a AAA game series. Sony just find a way to hold it together and weather the storm until the big hitters come in 08. That's all I ask.
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts
What about MGS4 (still 07 as of now),  and FFXVSIII(07 as far as I know). Both are million sellers and could easily keep Sony selling systems.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
Sony feels bad for you  because your poor.  I Win
ninjacat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 ninjacat11
Member since 2004 • 5008 Posts
PS1 kicked butt, PS2 kicked butt, so what the hell happened to PS3? I would have thought after the immense success of PS2 that the PS3 would have launched with a killer line up. Maybe since the PS2 is still going strong this didn't happen but come on I expected something more then RFOM.

To make matters worse the PR people. Sony you cannot have Guys like Kutagari, Kaz, and Jack Tretton running the show....There is no exuse for that or any of the comments or statements they make. They sound like a bunch of drunk college guys after they are questioned why they got with the fat chick the previous night.

Well I got VF5 to play with soon which is good. But if things don't shape up quickly I don't know what to think. FFXIII weren't on 07 release lists which means its most likely gonna be an 08 release. Every Final Fantasy that has come to the states has been released in Q4. I can wait until Q4 08 because I also have a Wii, 360, and PC to occupy me. But can Sony really hold on until 08?

Lets be serious games like Motor Storm, Lair, and WarHawk aren't going to save the PS3. Heavenly Sword looks promising though but I doubt it will be better then DMC and DMC isn't even a AAA game series. Sony just find a way to hold it together and weather the storm until the big hitters come in 08. That's all I ask.
Blackbond

You forgot MGS4.

Also, Blackbond, do you remember the PS2 launch? Same thing happened then, and look where it's at now.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I think I'm getting sick. This sucks. Not as much as the PS3 does right now, though.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
Had Sony decided not to build in the Blu-Ray player, kept the PS3 competitive in price, it would have been owning the market.  It would have easily kept up with, or surpassed the Wii in console sales.

Instead they decided to stamp a huge price on the system, enough so to incure a sizeable loss on each unit sold, and still the price is too high for people to purchase a PS3 without hesistation.  Sony made a grave error on the assumption that PS2 owners would buy a PS3 regardess of factors.  If the price was in the 200-400 range, that prediction might have had more merit.
mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts

PS1 and PS2 both had crappy launches. Both didnt get super AAA games until a year later.

The same exact thing is happening with the PS3.

Sony Strategy FTW.

marvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marvelfan
Member since 2003 • 1365 Posts

Blackbond

It's only been 3 months, what do you want from them?
And they launched against a console that had a years head start, and a console that only cost $249 bucks.

The PS2 has done so well because it's a long term console, and so is the PS3, you can't tell what is going to happen after only 3 months.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

PS1 and PS2 both had crappy launches. Both didnt get super AAA games until a year later.

Sony Strategy FTW.

mr_pops238
Yeah, but PS2 came out with cool games like Shadow of Destiny and Silent Hill 2...
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
Had Sony decided not to build in the Blu-Ray player, kept the PS3 competitive in price, it would have been owning the market.  It would have easily kept up with, or surpassed the Wii in console sales.

Instead they decided to stamp a huge price on the system, enough so to incure a sizeable loss on each unit sold, and still the price is too high for people to purchase a PS3 without hesistation.  Sony made a grave error on the assumption that PS2 owners would buy a PS3 regardess of factors.  If the price was in the 200-400 range, that prediction might have had more merit.RahnAetas
you dpn't have/own a million dollar corporation so SU
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"] PS1 kicked butt, PS2 kicked butt, so what the hell happened to PS3? I would have thought after the immense success of PS2 that the PS3 would have launched with a killer line up. Maybe since the PS2 is still going strong this didn't happen but come on I expected something more then RFOM.

ninjacat11

You forgot MGS4.

Also, Blackbond, do you remember the PS2 launch? Same thing happened then, and look where it's at now.

PS2 came out to face a faltering Dreamcast. Gamecube and Xbox arrived to the party late. Had they been there a year before PS2 who knows what would have happened. PS3 is like PS2 with its lack of games and complex architecture. The only difference is the PS2 had a year head start. When you have the head start you can afford to be bad. Sony cannot afford to start out like this when the 360 is established and the Wii is on a killing spree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]Had Sony decided not to build in the Blu-Ray player, kept the PS3 competitive in price, it would have been owning the market.  It would have easily kept up with, or surpassed the Wii in console sales.

Instead they decided to stamp a huge price on the system, enough so to incure a sizeable loss on each unit sold, and still the price is too high for people to purchase a PS3 without hesistation.  Sony made a grave error on the assumption that PS2 owners would buy a PS3 regardess of factors.  If the price was in the 200-400 range, that prediction might have had more merit.palaric8

This forum would be incredibly boring if only those who owned successful corporations were allowed to post...
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts

Sony Strategy FTW.

mr_pops238
I don't know about you but I don't believe that Sony didn't want to launch a system seller at launch. RFOM was supposed to be that game, and it was a good game.
Avatar image for XtinctionAgenda
XtinctionAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XtinctionAgenda
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts
I think I'm getting sick. This sucks. Not as much as the PS3 does right now, though.Jandurin
Stop it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]I think I'm getting sick. This sucks. Not as much as the PS3 does right now, though.XtinctionAgenda
Stop it.

Wah? You stop. Do you disagree with me?
D_slims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 D_slims
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts
i hope all the systems the best
Avatar image for XtinctionAgenda
XtinctionAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XtinctionAgenda
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts
[QUOTE="XtinctionAgenda"][QUOTE="Jandurin"]I think I'm getting sick. This sucks. Not as much as the PS3 does right now, though.Jandurin
Stop it.

Wah? You stop. Do you disagree with me?

No, but it's wrong to keep on ribbing the cows like this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
i hope all the systems the bestD_slims
There can be.... only ONE.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
I haven't seen you say anything good about the ps3 anyway so I am not surprised by this rant. All of those games don't need to score AAA here at gamespot anyway. All most of them need to do is excite the playstation fans which I am sure they will.

Are people really going to complain about getting to play Resistance , Motorstorm , Lair , Warhawk , Heavenly Sword , Ratchet and Clank , Uncharted : Drake's Fortune , Devil May Cry 4 , Ninja Gaiden Sigma (for cows) and a plethora of some of the best multiplats in the industry the very first year ?

If you don't think you would like most of those games , then simply don't buy one yet. If you did buy one already and are complaining about it now you get one of these - :?

bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts
Remember, Sony's never been a year late to a previous console generation. The PSX came out $100 cheaper than the Saturn, and about a year earlier than the N64. The PS2 came out around the time that Sega had given up on the Dreamcast, and a year before Microsoft and Nintendo.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]Had Sony decided not to build in the Blu-Ray player, kept the PS3 competitive in price, it would have been owning the market.  It would have easily kept up with, or surpassed the Wii in console sales.

Instead they decided to stamp a huge price on the system, enough so to incure a sizeable loss on each unit sold, and still the price is too high for people to purchase a PS3 without hesistation.  Sony made a grave error on the assumption that PS2 owners would buy a PS3 regardess of factors.  If the price was in the 200-400 range, that prediction might have had more merit.palaric8

That's his point, Sony is a million dollar corporation yet it keep it's customers for granted with an expensive price ebcaues it want to force it's blu-ray player. I think his point is that if PS3 is at Par in price with the X360, it could have been selling better, at least better than Wii.
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
Almost...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="bobwill1"]Remember, Sony's never been a year late to a previous console generation. The PSX came out $100 cheaper than the Saturn, and about a year earlier than the N64. The PS2 came out around the time that Sega had given up on the Dreamcast, and a year before Microsoft and Nintendo.

I mean, if they don't get third place this time around, I will honestly be rather surprised.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
[QUOTE="palaric8"][QUOTE="RahnAetas"]Had Sony decided not to build in the Blu-Ray player, kept the PS3 competitive in price, it would have been owning the market.  It would have easily kept up with, or surpassed the Wii in console sales.

Instead they decided to stamp a huge price on the system, enough so to incure a sizeable loss on each unit sold, and still the price is too high for people to purchase a PS3 without hesistation.  Sony made a grave error on the assumption that PS2 owners would buy a PS3 regardess of factors.  If the price was in the 200-400 range, that prediction might have had more merit.Jandurin

This forum would be incredibly boring if only those who owned successful corporations were allowed to post...

Quite.

I don't understand where the hostility comes from though.  It was a bad move plain and simple to have the Blu-Ray player built in.  It pushed the price of the PS3 far too high and it has crippled it's sales.  If they had it as an add-on or an option, they would have moved far more PS3 units.  Imagine if there was a Blu-Rayless PS3 that sold for $300, if that option was available far more PS3 could have been produced, and far more would have been sold at the same time. 
perfect-dank-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 perfect-dank-0
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

I don't feel bad for sony, it's arrogance and underdelivering that got them where they are.

I just feel from a gamers perspective that sony just isn't delivering what game fans want. They don't want single player games trhat have inferiior graphics to a console 200 dollars less. And 360 has way better exclusives. PERIOD

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blackbond
Original Poster is a dumb ass. that is all.nerdman60

Yes for being concerened about the future of my system I am dumb...Right...
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
Why just cowsadmit that Sony made a big mistake in Blu-Ray and the Price PERIOD.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blackbond
I haven't seen you say anything good about the ps3 anyway so I am not surprised by this rant. All of those games don't need to score AAA here at gamespot anyway. All most of them need to do is excite the playstation fans which I am sure they will.

Are people really going to complain about getting to play Resistance , Motorstorm , Lair , Warhawk , Heavenly Sword , Ratchet and Clank , Uncharted : Drake's Fortune , Devil May Cry 4 , Ninja Gaiden Sigma (for cows) and a plethora of some of the best multiplats in the industry the very first year ?

If you don't think you would like most of those games , then simply don't buy one yet. If you did buy one already and are complaining about it now you get one of these - :?

Nike_Air

You shouldn't be suprised at all by my rant because its exactly true. I haven't really said anything good about the PS3 and that is a problem. Oh and I didn't buy the PS3 it was how should I say this, "Handed to me" But like I said, Sony just needs to weather the storm and survive until the big guns get to the front lines and then it will be all cool by me. I'm just saying I hope that they make it that far because things aren't looking to good right now and that's something nobody can deny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="nerdman60"]Original Poster is a dumb ass. that is all.Blackbond

Yes for being concerened about the future of my system I am dumb...Right...

You aren't allowed to have negative opinions, or positive opinions, or anything resembling logic without getting called a fanboy or worse.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
[QUOTE="mr_pops238"]

Sony Strategy FTW.

Jandurin

Yeah, but PS2 came out with cool games like Shadow of Destiny and Silent Hill 2...

Yeah...like way after launch.

Shadow of Destiny, came out 6 months after the American PS2 launch.

And Silent Hill 2 was almost a whole year later!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="mr_pops238"]

Sony Strategy FTW.

SolidTy

Yeah...like way after launch.

Shadow of Destiny, came out 6 months after the American PS2 launch.

And Silent Hill 2 was almost a whole year later!

You win.

I thought they both came out 6 months after, but SH2 was much later.  Probably I just liked it enough that I considered it one of my first. 

Now I don't remember what I bought with my PS2 :P.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidTy

Hopefully, at the 6 month mark, the PS3 will have some neat titles, like Shadow Of Destiny.

I still love that game!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Hopefully, at the 6 month mark, the PS3 will have some neat titles, like Shadow Of Destiny.

I still love that game!

SolidTy
Definitely.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blackbond
VF5 will be good. I already see many long nights of beating the hell out of everyone with Pai and Jacky :P

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
It appears you skipped the ps2 last gen , so if i were you I would go back and play some of the great ps2 games. If you were handed the ps3 , you were handed a great gift imo. Go back and play some of the greats to keep yourself busy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
It appears you skipped the ps2 last gen , so if i were you I would go back and play some of the great ps2 games. If you were handed the ps3 , you were handed a great gift imo. Go back and play some of the greats to keep yourself busy.

Nike_Air
I think he had a PS2... I would be immensely surprised if he didn't.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blackbond

Nike_Air

No I played a good deal of PS2 games last gen. The only reason I don't have them in my collection is because the PS2 was technically my brothers which in case is the only system ever to come in my house and not be mine. You forget I am an JRPG nut and that was PS1 and PS2's forte. Not to mention VF4 is always good too.

So technically I own it as it resided in my house but technically I didn't own it because it wasn't my property.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blackbond
[QUOTE="D_slims"]i hope all the systems the bestJandurin

Well there better be three. Each brings something different to the table and if one falls then thats not good is it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="D_slims"]i hope all the systems the bestBlackbond

Well there better be three. Each brings something different to the table and if one falls then thats not good is it?

I meant one best. Not only one at a time.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="D_slims"]i hope all the systems the bestJandurin

When you say "There can be...only ONE. I just assumed you were talking about that Robot Chicken episode.
weisguy119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 weisguy119
Member since 2006 • 3393 Posts

Sony feels bad for you  because your poor.  I WinGsSanAndreas

...and Sony is hemorrhaging money.  They grow more poor by the hour.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidTy

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="D_slims"]i hope all the systems the bestBlackbond

When you say "There can be...only ONE. I just assumed you were talking about that Robot Chicken episode.

Well, it's from Highlander, which Robot chicken spoofs, nothing on that show is as original as you think. References galore make it enjoyable though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="D_slims"]i hope all the systems the bestBlackbond

Hahah. I do watch Robot Chicken, but I was definitely quoting Highlander.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

Sony Strategy FTW.

mr_pops238
[QUOTE="mr_pops238"] Killzone pwns. It was the best FPS last gen. That is fact. Killzone 2 is going to pwn. It will easily be AAAA.

SHADY_SMOKA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SHADY_SMOKA
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
"They sound like a bunch of drunk college guys after they are questioned why they got with the fat chick the previous night." Hahaha...that is great