Make NO MISTAKE. Socom better COME REAL HARD. Because GRAW2 OWNZZZ!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Gimp07
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

No joke i luv these kinds of games but GRAW 2 on Xbox Live FREAKING OWNZZZ hard.

Play a little COOP mission on lets say the Hideout map. Man it FREAKING ROCKS.

And the graphics are SICK on a HD. The Lighting and shadows are AMAZING for an online spec op shooter.

I like Socom but Sony better get it together becuase i'm betting GRAW 3 will be out then and beleive me GRAW is the cream of the crop PERIOD. The Drone and cam rule.

Right now GRAW2 is in a league of it's own.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html June 5, 2007. Good going.
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Gimp07

No joke i luv these kinds of games but GRAW 2 on Xbox Live FREAKING OWNZZZ hard.

And the graphics are SICK on a HD. The Lighting and shadows are AMAZING for an online spec op shooter.

I like Socom but Sony better get it together becuase i'm betting GRAW 3 will be out then and beleive me GRAW is the cream of the crop PERIOD. The Drone and cam rule.

The_Gimp07

And i know GRAW2 is planned for PS3 but if it hold true to it's past installments the Sony system is the the version you DO NOT want. Although i think it will be a better attemp this time on the PS3. The only problem i see is the PSN online is not up to snuff and the online will suffer becuase of this in comparison to the 360 version.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 asmallchild
but if it hold true to it's past installments the Sony system is the the version you want.The_Gimp07
I'll keep that in mind. ;)
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

The game is pretty amazing.  Not that much different than GRAW1, but that's not really a bad thing, is it?  The maps are just incredible and I love how, by just changing the lighting on the maps, they become a totally different experience.  I've never had this much fun sniping as I have from playing GRAW2.  I've got all the multiplayer achievements, except 3 and I still don't think I've played every multiplayer map, yet. 

I just wish they didn't reset everyone's rank after that 72 hour tournament.  I was up to a Level 4 and then went back to a 1.  Kinda pissed me off, but oh well.

zeus_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zeus_101
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]but if it hold true to it's past installments the Sony system is the the version you want.asmallchild

suuure
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
Yeah my cousin says he loves that game, he traded in Gears for it.
JoeWii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 JoeWii60
Member since 2006 • 2456 Posts

I've played GeOW, GRAW, COD2 but Rainbow Six Vegas has them beat imo, it's the complete package on and offline. Great game.

talking about the 36tay version

REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 REVENGEotSITH

And i know GRAW2 is planned for PS3 but if it hold true to it's past installments the Sony system is the the version you want. Although i think it will be a better attemp this time on the PS3. The only problem i see is the PSN online is not up to snuff and the online will suffer becuase of this in comparison to the 360 version.The_Gimp07

Huh?  WHAT past installments? 

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon   5.5

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2   5.3  Nov 30, 2004

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter   4.4  Mar 28, 2006

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder   Canceled

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm    6.3  Mar 16, 2004

5.5, 5.3, 4.4, cancelled, and 6.3 - what the heck are you talking about!?!

-uHuRu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -uHuRu
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
GRAW sucks. who plays GRAW
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

The_Gimp07

And i know GRAW2 is planned for PS3 but if it hold true to it's past installments the Sony system is the the version you want. Although i think it will be a better attemp this time on the PS3. The only problem i see is the PSN online is not up to snuff and the online will suffer becuase of this in comparison to the 360 version.

You mean being able to play free vs having to be bound to service costs?  Uh yeah...I'll take the PS3 version thanks very much.  entitlements or whatever you call isn't worth an extra 50$ a year IMO.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 asmallchild
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

proof11102

And i know GRAW2 is planned for PS3 but if it hold true to it's past installments the Sony system is the the version you want. Although i think it will be a better attemp this time on the PS3. The only problem i see is the PSN online is not up to snuff and the online will suffer becuase of this in comparison to the 360 version.

You mean being able to play free vs having to be bound to service costs? Uh yeah...I'll take the PS3 version thanks very much. entitlements or whatever you call isn't worth an extra 50$ a year IMO.

True as well. No price is better than free.
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
GRAW2 is awesome... especially the blackhawk missions if you stream an mp3 of Ride of the Valkyries from the PC or Device to your 360 as you hose down bad guys. It also bad ass when you start a mission in the early morning (still dark) and get to experience battle at dawn (sunrising). The graphics are the best I have seen so far in any game, any system while you have your shoulder to the wall in the long afternoon sun with a M4 ready to pop up over the top. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
GRAW sucks. who plays GRAW-uHuRu
I do and I like it. :shock:
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Huff
Member since 2003 • 2132 Posts

proof11102

You mean being able to play free vs having to be bound to service costs?  Uh yeah...I'll take the PS3 version thanks very much.  entitlements or whatever you call isn't worth an extra 50$ a year IMO.

How bout being able to invite friends to play no matter what game they are playing at that moment?  How bout voice chatting with someone no matter what game they are playing?  How bout people actually using voice chat in the game because most people actually have a mic?
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

proof11102

You mean being able to play free vs having to be bound to service costs? Uh yeah...I'll take the PS3 version thanks very much. entitlements or whatever you call isn't worth an extra 50$ a year IMO.

I luv how people will shell out 600 for a game system, several hundred for an HD tv, a few huundred for surround sound, etc.. but .12 a day for great online service is a rip off. :lol:
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Gimp07

[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]but if it hold true to it's past installments the Sony system is the the version you want.asmallchild

NO NO i meant the Sony version is NOT the one you want.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
This game is coming to the ps3 too u know....
Gimp_Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gimp_Shard
Member since 2006 • 104 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

asmallchild

True as well. No price is better than free.

This $50/year live thing is getting really old... PSN is free which is great but it will never be as good as live mainly because not all game devs will be willing to host servers for their games (Virtua Tennis 3 anyone?). It's unfortunate but IMHO many games will come with little or no online support. Ohhh and if you want to be really picky the PS3's 380Watt power-supply uses more then twice the juice as Xbox360's 160W which ultimately will add to your electric bill.
billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

dhjohns

I luv how people will shell out 600 for a game system, several hundred for an HD tv, a few huundred for surround sound, etc.. but .12 a day for great online service is a rip off. :lol:

The only reason why Cows hate XBL is becuase if it's dominance,

But of course they'll never admit that.

GRAW or any type of multiplayer shooters will ALWAYS BE BETTER ON 360.

Performance wise, it's all the same.

But

You get Better on-line and a better community built on shooters.

luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
This game is coming to the ps3 too u know....joeychew
but only the port version. its impossible for graw2 to be any better on the ps3 with 360 textured lighting and dynamic shadows, in-game custom soundtracks, and superior mp... maybe socom has that chance.
BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts

I've played GeOW, GRAW, COD2 but Rainbow Six Vegas has them beat imo, it's the complete package on and offline. Great game.

talking about the 36tay version

JoeWii60

True. R6V may not look as good graphically, but it wins for game play both online and off. 

mouseguard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mouseguard
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Althought PSN is free, but how can you play graw2 without rumble? It's terrible IMHO!
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
hate socom.I hope it looks good on ps3 cause some parts looked crappy on ps2.
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Gimp07

Yeah let me clear a few things up . I meant from the begining that you DON'T want the PS3 version. It will not be as good as the GRAW2 on 360 with Live.

And anyone that even says GRAW is no good. Is to not be considered as credible at all. Because GRAW2 on 360 on Live OWNZ any anyone who has it KNOWS THIS.

So my point was Sony better come with there A game very hard becuase Socom is not on the level of GRAW on 360. And if they want to be close they better get it together.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 asmallchild
Comparing a game that's out to a game that is not yet out. Hmm. Bright idea.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

In my mind, GRAW 2 is just as good as Oblivion and Gears of War.

CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CalmityDaunt
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts
[QUOTE="dhjohns"][QUOTE="proof11102"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

billing

The only reason why Cows hate XBL is becuase if it's dominance,

But

Doubt it, not the way the firmware keeps getting updated, unlucky.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 REVENGEotSITH

Yeah let me clear a few things up . I meant from the begining that you DON'T want the PS3 version. It will not be as good as the GRAW2 on 360 with Live.

And anyone that even says GRAW is no good. Is to not be considered as credible at all. Because GRAW2 on 360 on Live OWNZ any anyone who has it KNOWS THIS.

So my point was Sony better come with there A game very hard becuase Socom is not on the level of GRAW on 360. And if they want to be close they better get it together.

The_Gimp07

OK, Gimp, but you'd better go back and edit your original statement where you said that "based on past installments, the PS3 version is what you want" (or something to that effect).  To me, that clearly sounds like you think the PS3 version is the one to get. 

The only things that I wish were in GRAW2 are an option for melee attacks and better "kill" animations.  The game really sucks when you get up-close against an enemy.  Luckily, these instances are few and far between, but they still happen and the game falters when they do.  Call me spoiled (by Gears), but it'd be cool to see something more than a guy fall over when you pop him in the head with a snipe.  Still, these are minor gripes.  The game rocks.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 asmallchild
[QUOTE="billing"][QUOTE="dhjohns"][QUOTE="proof11102"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

CalmityDaunt

The only reason why Cows hate XBL is becuase if it's dominance,

But

Doubt it, not the way the firmware keeps getting updated, unlucky.

It's still got a way to go before matching XBL. But I certainly appreciate the frequent updates. And again, since it's free, I'm willing to wade through these growing pains.
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Gimp07
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

REVENGEotSITH

OK, Gimp, but you'd better go back and edit your original statement where you said that "based on past installments, the PS3 version is what you want" (or something to that effect).  To me, that clearly sounds like you think the PS3 version is the one to get. 

The only things that I wish were in GRAW2 are an option for melee attacks and better "kill" animations.  The game really sucks when you get up-close against an enemy.  Luckily, these instances are few and far between, but they still happen and the game falters when they do.  Call me spoiled (by Gears), but it'd be cool to see something more than a guy fall over when you pop him in the head with a snipe.  Still, these are minor gripes.  The game rocks.

Yes i will edit the post. But as we all know Any GRAW so far on any Sony system has been trash. So  the sony guys really have no idea how great it is becuase it's always an amazing game on the Xbox systems.

And yes i can see what you say about up close well this is a tactical shooter not a in your face shooter like Gears.

But let me tell you about something that i did and it was SICK. Ok i sniped an enemy from way out. And i hit him with a chest shot well as he was falling over dead. I hit him again still looking through my scope with a head shot and blood splatter came out the side of his head. I was like BOOM long range chest shot kill and as he's going down i ripped off another single shot to his head it was sick watching this long range through my scope it was AWSOME.

mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
I'm refusing to buy it cos of the short campaign
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 REVENGEotSITH

I'm refusing to buy it cos of the short campaignmmogoon

Your loss.  I've been playing the campaign and don't find it short.  My friend has been playing for longer than me and isn't finished with it, either.  Whatever you want to do, but you're missing out of some great multiplayer play.