Major Nelson denies Esram downclocking.

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

sorry for using Neogaf as a source, but we know thats the bigger and better site with more knowledgable people

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578768

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
The power of the cloud #BOOYAH
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
lol bandodgers
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

Should have linked his tweet. I say, that we wait.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr720fan

Should have linked his tweet. I say, that we wait.

lundy86_4

im glad he denied it, I dont know if i could deal with half the power of PS4. 1.2 Teraflops is ok with me. Especially with the clouds powerrrrrrrs

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

I have believed a lot of rumors but that wasn;t one of them. IGN, Giant Bomb and others would of been all over it. Gamespot wouldn't have because their news is to damn slow to get released.
I still think Microsoft is gonna give it a power bump by either adding more ram or showing in better detail how this cloud shit works better at E3.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

Don't think I believe the Major. I hope it's not true, but MS has just been so full of fail lately I wouldn't doubt it's true.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mr720fan

And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.hexashadow13

if you read the whole neogaf thread yesterday, cboat was challenged by sensji and its looking like sensji is right. He put his account on the line, I believe they are having Esram issues, but no way are they downclocking it. sorry to burst your Ps4 bubble.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mr720fan

I have believed a lot of rumors but that wasn;t one of them. IGN, Giant Bomb and others would of been all over it. Gamespot wouldn't have because their news is to damn slow to get released.
I still think Microsoft is gonna give it a power bump by either adding more ram or showing in better detail how this cloud shit works better at E3.

timbers_WSU

a few suggested that the clocks are actually higher than what is rumored and thats why they are having issues. who knows, im ok with 1.2 tflops.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"]And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.Mr720fan

if you read the whole neogaf thread yesterday, cboat was challenged by sensji and its looking like sensji is right. He put his account on the line, I believe they are having Esram issues, but no way are they downclocking it. sorry to burst your Ps4 bubble.

MN completely denied the eSRAM issue though. That tweet has nothing about clocks. Personally I think they'll find a different solution the issue than down-clocking, because they frankly don't have room too.

CBOAT is putting his account on the line too, and has more of a reputation than Sensji.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.hexashadow13
Hmm .. we'll see who ends up the fool at the end of it
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
But a random dude on Neogaf said they were downclocking it! Impossibru!
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Let's see if anyone will get an MS official to actually answer the question of what the GPU will clock at?  My guess is that it will be about as easy as nailing Jell-O to a wall.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#15 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"]And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.Mr720fan

One must remember, Cboat is not claiming they are down clocking. He said they were having yield issues. Down clocking was something that came up that they might try to improve effective yields and I doubt they would go that far unless their yield are absolutely disastrously bad. MS could just as easily release with shortages, or delay EU launch, both are just as viable alternative even if they are having yield issue (assuming they are not disastrously bad).
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"]And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.DerekLoffin

One must remember, Cboat is not claiming they are down clocking. He said they were having yield issues. Down clocking was something that came up that they might try to improve effective yields and I doubt they would go that far unless their yield are absolutely disastrously bad. MS could just as easily release with shortages, or delay EU launch, both are just as viable alternative even if they are having yield issue (assuming they are not disastrously bad).

well sensji says they are having issues as well, maybe the shortages are true, but downclocking like everyone has been hearing isnt likely to happen. If they downclock I will not be a happy camper, im happy Major Nelson came out about it. Pretty sure it wont happen now.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Mr720fan

a few suggested that the clocks are actually higher than what is rumored and thats why they are having issues. who knows, im ok with 1.2 tflops.

I am pretty sure Microsoft has had some problems. And I am also pretty sure after Sony's surprise having 8 gigs of ram, Microsoft has been looking at what they can add to get the specs closer for the people who are gonna read the specs on the box. Microsoft may not be able to upgrade it like they want, but it isn't gonna get downgraded. Microsoft has too much money. They could easily open up 2 more plants, have another chip and ram put in them and catch back up on their desired release date. That is if they did not have a back-up plan ready anyways. Big companies like Sony and Microsoft never commit to one thing without a back-up plan.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mr720fan

But a random dude on Neogaf said they were downclocking it! Impossibru!Miketheman83

alot of crushed dreams today lol

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 timbers_WSU

Let's see if anyone will get an MS official to actually answer the question of what the GPU will clock at?  My guess is that it will be about as easy as nailing Jell-O to a wall.

Shewgenja
Take off the fanboy goggles. Microsoft has came clean about just about everything today. And Major Nelson is basically Microsoft's official spokesmen.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

timbers_WSU

I am pretty sure Microsoft has had some problems. And I am also pretty sure after Sony's surprise having 8 gigs of ram, Microsoft has been looking at what they can add to get the specs closer for the people who are gonna read the specs on the box. Microsoft may not be able to upgrade it like they want, but it isn't gonna get downgraded. Microsoft has too much money. They could easily open up 2 more plants, have another chip and ram put in them and catch back up on their desired release date. That is if they did not have a back-up plan ready anyways. Big companies like Sony and Microsoft never commit to one thing without a back-up plan.

sounds about right, i completely agree. Like I said if it is 1.2 I can live with it, im sure the multiplats will look the same as Ps4, but the X1 does so much more than PS4 its a no brainer. Now if they downclock like rumored, well then I think you have a sizeable gap. I think Major Nelson wouldnt come out like that if they were downclock, plus this guy sensji on neogaf knows he stuff and he is looking more right than wrong right now.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"]And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.RR360DD

Not really fair to the "insider", because his information might be 100% corret about them struggling with yields or whatever. Yet perhaps in the end they decide NOT to downclock? Does that mean he's a fool?

I can't even imagine a PR department even being privy to any of that information or the technical goings on in the supply chain. His JOB is literally to spin everything in a positive light. So I think this is a case of he's going to refute this no matter what the actual case may be. Even if they do downgrade the specs, he will probably never actually reference it and will probably spin something about the "infinite power about the cloud". Therefore I would go with the insider for now. However it may not mean anything in the end. It's just something to watch out for. 

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]But a random dude on Neogaf said they were downclocking it! Impossibru!Mr720fan

Like I said. Microsoft came clean on everything today. Probably why the media conference was cancelled. They will have everything settled by E3, Will make an announcement that they are looking into refining the specs, and will schedule a media conference later when everything in finalized. At least E3 will be all about the games like they promised. And I am surprised how little Kinect stuff is getting announced as well. Don't get me wrong. Less Kinect the better but I still thought there would be more.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]But a random dude on Neogaf said they were downclocking it! Impossibru!timbers_WSU

Like I said. Microsoft came clean on everything today. Probably why the media conference was cancelled. They will have everything settled by E3, Will make an announcement that they are looking into refining the specs, and will schedule a media conference later when everything in finalized. At least E3 will be all about the games like they promised. And I am surprised how little Kinect stuff is getting announced as well. Don't get me wrong. Less Kinect the better but I still thought there would be more.

I for one want some Kinect games, Im truly excited about the revolutionary tech that is coming out with X1, on the core games front though, it looks like MS is gonna take PS4 to the cleaners at e3. They are serious, cows tears will be delicious. Also Im sure SOny will have some sort of DRM, and used game policy as well, I cant see one doing it, and the other not.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="hexashadow13"]And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.2Chalupas

Not really fair to the "insider", because his information might be 100% corret about them struggling with yields or whatever. Yet perhaps in the end they decide NOT to downclock? Does that mean he's a fool?

I can't even imagine a PR department even being privy to any of that information or the technical goings on in the supply chain. His JOB is literally to spin everything in a positive light. So I think this is a case of he's going to refute this no matter what the actual case may be. Even if they do downgrade the specs, he will probably never actually reference it and will probably spin something about the "infinite power about the cloud". Therefore I would go with the insider for now. However it may not mean anything in the end. It's just something to watch out for. 

A lot of those guys there are legit. I don't think he is a fool at all. He is usually spot-on. I just think as I said, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo like to tinker with their shit til the last minute. I read that for the original XBOX launch, they only needed about 45 days til they had to have the final specs ready to ship. Microsoft has plenty of time.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

Mr720fan

I for one want some Kinect games, Im truly excited about the revolutionary tech that is coming out with X1, on the core games front though, it looks like MS is gonna take PS4 to the cleaners at e3. They are serious, cows tears will be delicious. Also Im sure SOny will have some sort of DRM, and used game policy as well, I cant see one doing it, and the other not.

Revolutionary tech? :|
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="hexashadow13"]And the insider who has yet to be wrong in 9 years of leaking stuff, claims it's PR BS.2Chalupas

if they were going to downclock I think he wouldnt comment. He said it is " DEFINITELY NOT TRUE " looks like sensji might be the new man at neogaf, props to him putting his arse on the line over there, I read that whole thread yesterday, and he took alot of heat.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 timbers_WSU

Mr720fan

I think Microsoft will blow them out of the water as well thanks to buying the exclusives but I think Sony will have the better looking content between Microsoft's and Sony's first party. I am a Lem through and through but even I know Microsoft has work to do on getting out more quality first party games. I think they have the best racing franchise and FPS franchise, but they need to find some action adventure games and niche titles as well.
I can already tell you Forza is my game of the show. It is my favorite franchise. The only thig that would get me more pumper is the Killer Instinct rumor being true or Insomniac's exclusive is a new Conker game.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Like I said. Microsoft came clean on everything today. Probably why the media conference was cancelled. They will have everything settled by E3, Will make an announcement that they are looking into refining the specs, and will schedule a media conference later when everything in finalized. At least E3 will be all about the games like they promised. And I am surprised how little Kinect stuff is getting announced as well. Don't get me wrong. Less Kinect the better but I still thought there would be more.MonsieurX

please tell me another device that can do what the Kinect 2.0 can do? IF so let me know ill buy it on amazon. thanks.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Like I said. Microsoft came clean on everything today. Probably why the media conference was cancelled. They will have everything settled by E3, Will make an announcement that they are looking into refining the specs, and will schedule a media conference later when everything in finalized. At least E3 will be all about the games like they promised. And I am surprised how little Kinect stuff is getting announced as well. Don't get me wrong. Less Kinect the better but I still thought there would be more.MonsieurX

Again. Take off the fan goggles. It is OK to admit another system has a good game or a good controller....or whatever.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Like I said. Microsoft came clean on everything today. Probably why the media conference was cancelled. They will have everything settled by E3, Will make an announcement that they are looking into refining the specs, and will schedule a media conference later when everything in finalized. At least E3 will be all about the games like they promised. And I am surprised how little Kinect stuff is getting announced as well. Don't get me wrong. Less Kinect the better but I still thought there would be more.timbers_WSU

I think Microsoft will blow them out of the water as well thanks to buying the exclusives but I think Sony will have the better looking content between Microsoft's and Sony's first party. I am a Lem through and through but even I know Microsoft has work to do on getting out more quality first party games. I think they have the best racing franchise and FPS franchise, but they need to find some action adventure games and niche titles as well.

I do agree, the only games that will show a tech edge of PS4 will be the Sony first party games, kinda like this gen with the ps3/360. I hope we get banjo, killer instinct, and PG5. Looks like third party exclusives will be plentiful for the x1

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

Mr720fan

please tell me another device that can do what the Kinect 2.0 can do? IF so let me know ill buy it on amazon. thanks.

Actually I have a samsung TV that has motion control.....LOL. Doesn't work very well though.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr720fan

timbers_WSU

Again. Take off the fan goggles. It is OK to admit another system has a good game or a good controller....or whatever.

its ok, he is the same guy that said the original Kinect would fail and 25 million kinects later he still spins on the same thing. oh well.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Revolutionary tech? :|Mr720fan

its ok, he is the same guy that said the original Kinect would fail and 25 million kinects later he still spins on the same thing. oh well.

I said that? where?
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Revolutionary tech? :|timbers_WSU

Actually I have a samsung TV that has motion control.....LOL. Doesn't work very well though.

ok thats a good answer, does it read your heartbeat, can you be seen in complete darkness, can it decipher your facial expressions, read your lips and decipher, does it have infrared???? Does it have its own dedicated processor? Does it have its own dedicated OS? show me something other than Kinect 2.0 that can do all of that and I will stop calling it revolutionary.....

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonsieurX

Mr720fan

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-Webcam-Camera-Meeting-compatible/dp/B0015TJNEY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370559825&sr=8-2&keywords=webcam Anyway,no games used it well anyway. The most advanced things were done by modders with PCs :lol:
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MonsieurX

Mr720fan

ok thats a good answer, does it read your heartbeat, can you be seen in complete darkness, can it decipher your facial expressions, read your lips and decipher, does it have infrared???? Does it have its own dedicated processor? Does it have its own dedicated OS? show me something other than Kinect 2.0 that can do all of that and I will stop calling it revolutionary.....

That's cool,but where are the uses in actual games?
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Again. Take off the fan goggles. It is OK to admit another system has a good game or a good controller....or whatever.MonsieurX

I said that? where?

we know brother, anyway, still no answer for my original question??? I guess I wont be buying anything tonight on amazon

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonsieurX
Pretty much like stating the Wii Mote was revolutionnary,but yet failed to see those innovations in games
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX

Mr720fan

I said that? where?

we know brother, anyway, still no answer for my original question??? I guess I wont be buying anything tonight on amazon

Still no proof I said that?
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Actually I have a samsung TV that has motion control.....LOL. Doesn't work very well though.MonsieurX

well last gen Kinect a about 8 AAE, this gen we will wait and see, I love all the things that it can do, including gaming. Overall its a revolutionary piece of tech, you still havent disputed that so stop trying to change the subject, love you monsieurx, you always been my biggest fan.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 timbers_WSU

Mr720fan

No. The motion shit doesn't even work on the TV. I think the Kinect 2 sounds awesome. But I REALLY HOPE LIKE HELL they use it sparingly til they know how to use it properly. The original Kinect should of worked in theory. It was the actual 360 hardware that held it back.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] I said that? where?MonsieurX

we know brother, just like you disputed my revolutionary claim, sorry i backhanded you here, but dont ever disrespect the Kinect 2.0

ohhhh yeahhh

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MonsieurX

Mr720fan

well last gen Kinect a about 8 AAE, this gen we will wait and see, I love all the things that it can do, including gaming. Overall its a revolutionary piece of tech, you still havent disputed that so stop trying to change the subject, love you monsieurx, you always been my biggest fan.

8 AAE,that's it? :| In a sea of bad games,well done :lol:
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonsieurX

Mr720fan

we know brother, just like you disputed my revolutionary claim, sorry i backhanded you here, but dont ever disrespect the Kinect 2.0

ohhhh yeahhh

Waiting on the proof.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] That's cool,but where are the uses in actual games?MonsieurX

8 AAE,that's it? :| In a sea of bad games,well done :lol:

Looks like PNF owned you pretty bad, eh?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts
[QUOTE="Shewgenja"]

timbers_WSU
Take off the fanboy goggles. Microsoft has came clean about just about everything today. And Major Nelson is basically Microsoft's official spokesmen.

I'll take off the goggles if you will show me a link where the GPUs clock is posted.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Actually I have a samsung TV that has motion control.....LOL. Doesn't work very well though.MonsieurX

Perhaps we will see them when the god damn thing is released? You ever thought of that?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonsieurX
The Bad Darts is extremely difficult to play and plagued with sensor problems Talk about a revolution that doesn't work properly
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Actually I have a samsung TV that has motion control.....LOL. Doesn't work very well though.timbers_WSU

No. The motion shit doesn't even work on the TV. I think the Kinect 2 sounds awesome. But I REALLY HOPE LIKE HELL they use it sparingly til they know how to use it properly. The original Kinect should of worked in theory. It was the actual 360 hardware that held it back.

it definitely will have its games, fitness gaming to a new level, reading your heartbeat while you exercise is impressive, also kids games of course, and some new ideas like gunslinger im sure now that they can read your limbs. It will be a fine fit for the TV and all that functionality. Casuals will eat this sh*T up, my hot wife who hates videogame consoles was talking about it at a party to our friends. They were impressed. IM SO pumped!!!

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Mr720fan

ohhhh yeahhh

rofl