Mad World might tank because of it's violance

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts
It's a very niche game just because of it's overall violance, and i've played games like Condemmed without having any real problems stomaching it, but Madworld looks i dunno... Sadistic and cruel like a Manhunt. The casual audience is probebly not going to pick this up for the same reason even if they are into GTA and Gears of War. This is all very ironic considering the sterotypical Wii=kiddy status but i dont think even the hardcore crowd will really be into the extreame grotesque violance. I mean sure i'll chainsaw a dude in half, but i dont wanna execute people in cruel and sadistic ways while hearing them scream and drown out in their own blood.
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
It wont sell well at all, but it could be a great game
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Mad World will* tank because its not getting widespread coverage from Nintendo.
WillieBeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WillieBeamish
Member since 2008 • 1289 Posts
no, it'll tank because it looks like crap. I swear, NOBODY wants to push the Wii's graphics in the least. Hey, I can handle 480p fine, but when half the Wii's game barely match up to Gamecube's games in terms of graphics, I'm sorry but that's plain shovelware laziness.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

no, it'll tank because it looks like crap. I swear, NOBODY wants to push the Wii's graphics in the least. Hey, I can handle 480p fine, but when half the Wii's game barely match up to Gamecube's games in terms of graphics, I'm sorry but that's plain shovelware laziness.WillieBeamish

its sin city style.

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts
Well how well did Manhunt sell? It didin't even break 1 million on the PS2, Xbox and PC. And i dont think Manhunt 2 did any better, and now your only putting it on a system that only has about 25 million people and most of them are casuals... hu?
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
I think Condemned and Manhunt look more realistic and that MadWorld looks funny, like funny kind of violence.
Trelaf_TheWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Trelaf_TheWise
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts
It will tank because only core wii owners will try it out, and that's what? like 100K people excluding the core gamers who'll dismiss it because it's too gory or doesn't have nintendo characters?
WillieBeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WillieBeamish

[QUOTE="WillieBeamish"]no, it'll tank because it looks like crap. I swear, NOBODY wants to push the Wii's graphics in the least. Hey, I can handle 480p fine, but when half the Wii's game barely match up to Gamecube's games in terms of graphics, I'm sorry but that's plain shovelware laziness.TAKE_IT_BACK

its sin city style.

Uhhhh NO. This is a far cry from anything close to Sin City. This is black and white crap masquerading as some kind of OMG-TEH-STYLIZED-AWESOMENEZZ which it isn't. The game doesn't look REMOTELY interesting. People are getting all wound up because its an ultra-violent game where you can stab people in the face, on a kiddy console. Sorry, gratuitous violence doesn't work in Gears (they scrubbed the move where you could beat someone to death with their own arm), it sure as hell isn't going to work on a lousy looking wii game.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
It will tank just because it is going to be so awesome like Clovers other games but people would be put off by the look of this game. I know it is made by Platinum Games but they used to be Clover.
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
I was thinking about getting a Wii at somepoint so I could play it aswell as a few other upcoming Wii games.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TAKE_IT_BACK

Well how well did Manhunt sell? It didin't even break 1 million on the PS2, Xbox and PC. And i dont think Manhunt 2 did any better, and now your only putting it on a system that only has about 25 million people and most of them are casuals... hu?insanejedi

MadWorld is taking the sadistic humorous violence path; which is to say it trys to make its violence funny. But its true the blood could be a turnoff.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Mad World will* tank because its not getting widespread coverage from Nintendo.Vandalvideo
um thats Sega's job
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
It will flop in sales because it's a niche game in Wii's audience, look at No More Heroes, that game was pretty well recieved, and it tanked at retail, I expect the same fate with this game.
WillieBeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WillieBeamish

When I heard all the hype on some of the gaming sites, I was like, "Wow, a wii game I might actually consider purchasing!" Then after watching the videos, I thought that this was nothing more than an extremely weak XBL Arcade game based on absolutely nothing but pure violence. Sorry, that's worse than a comedian who people think is funny because he does nothing but use four letter words.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 air_wolf_cubed
It will flop in sales because it's a niche game in Wii's audience, look at No More Heroes, that game was pretty well recieved, and it tanked at retail, I expect the same fate with this game.lantus
No More Heroes wasnt advertised. I hope this game is
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TAKE_IT_BACK
[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"]

[QUOTE="WillieBeamish"]no, it'll tank because it looks like crap. I swear, NOBODY wants to push the Wii's graphics in the least. Hey, I can handle 480p fine, but when half the Wii's game barely match up to Gamecube's games in terms of graphics, I'm sorry but that's plain shovelware laziness.WillieBeamish

its sin city style.

Uhhhh NO. This is a far cry from anything close to Sin City. This is black and white crap masquerading as some kind of OMG-TEH-STYLIZED-AWESOMENEZZ which it isn't. The game doesn't look REMOTELY interesting. People are getting all wound up because its an ultra-violent game where you can stab people in the face, on a kiddy console. Sorry, gratuitous violence doesn't work in Gears (they scrubbed the move where you could beat someone to death with their own arm), it sure as hell isn't going to work on a lousy looking wii game.

the developer has said in interviews that sin city influenced the art design.

wait a second why am i arguing with you? you are a known wii hater fanboy, and i don't think anyone listens to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

It's a very niche game just because of it's overall violance, and i've played games like Condemmed without having any real problems stomaching it, but Madworld looks i dunno... Sadistic and cruel like a Manhunt. The casual audience is probebly not going to pick this up for the same reason even if they are into GTA and Gears of War. This is all very ironic considering the sterotypical Wii=kiddy status but i dont think even the hardcore crowd will really be into the extreame grotesque violance. I mean sure i'll chainsaw a dude in half, but i dont wanna execute people in cruel and sadistic ways while hearing them scream and drown out in their own blood.insanejedi

The tone from videos so far would suggest the opposite not to mention the kills are about as comical and realistic as a fatality from Mortal Kombat.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

It will flop in sales because it's a niche game in Wii's audience, look at No More Heroes, that game was pretty well recieved, and it tanked at retail, I expect the same fate with this game.lantus

Ubisoft has already stated that No More Hero's sold better than expected. Not every game has to be a million seller.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"]

[QUOTE="WillieBeamish"]no, it'll tank because it looks like crap. I swear, NOBODY wants to push the Wii's graphics in the least. Hey, I can handle 480p fine, but when half the Wii's game barely match up to Gamecube's games in terms of graphics, I'm sorry but that's plain shovelware laziness.WillieBeamish

its sin city style.

I know and have read almost every Frank Miller comic even comics he has recommended like Lone Wolf and Cub. If you don't see the Sin City like aspects of this game then you may want to even go back and read them again.

Frexie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Frexie
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts

When I heard all the hype on some of the gaming sites, I was like, "Wow, a wii game I might actually consider purchasing!" Then after watching the videos, I thought that this was nothing more than an extremely weak XBL Arcade game based on absolutely nothing but pure violence. Sorry, that's worse than a comedian who people think is funny because he does nothing but use four letter words.

WillieBeamish
My thoughts exactly.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

I can't help but thinking this would do so much better as a PC/Ps3/PC multiplat.

Or on anyone of those platforms by there own, 'part from maybe PC.

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

My guess is that it will sell atleast better than Okami did (on both Wii and PS2). It doesn't look that violent actually, it really just seems like an arcade style beat-em-up with lots of cartoon blood everywhere.

My guess is that it's sales will depend on how many hardcore games surround it's launch. There are a decent amount of Wii owners that will buy this game, but for sales to really take off, there needs to be more reasons for the average hardcore gamer to recognize Wii.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 air_wolf_cubed

I can't help but thinking this would do so much better as a PC/Ps3/PC multiplat.

angelkimne
that sounds like damage control
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 air_wolf_cubed

My guess is that it will sell atleast better than Okami did (on both Wii and PS2). It doesn't look that violent actually, it really just seems like an arcade style beat-em-up with lots of cartoon blood everywhere.

My guess is that it's sales will depend on how many hardcore games surround it's launch. There are a decent amount of Wii owners that will buy this game, but for sales to really take off, there needs to be more reasons for the average hardcore gamer to recognize Wii.

TacoJelly
and advertising....
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 angelkimne
[QUOTE="angelkimne"]

air_wolf_cubed

Do you think i really care about the sales.

I'm just pointing out that this game is more aquainted with the 360/Ps3 library than Wii, and will do worse than it would of on 360 (maybe not Ps3).

For example worldwide CoD 3 has sold around 0.37 Million on Wii, but 2.07 on 360 according too VGChartz.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
imo it looks completely stupid but it could be a good game.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="angelkimne"]

angelkimne

I'm just pointing out that this game is more aquainted with the 360/Ps3 library than Wii, and will do worse than it would of on 360 (maybe not Ps3).

For example worldwide CoD 3 has sold around 0.37 Million on Wii, but 2.07 on 360 according too VGChartz.

Thats not a good Example the Wii version of Call of Duty 3 sucked the 360 version was great.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts
The game is not going to tank because its violence its because Sega is so stupid they wont advertise and support one of the best upcoming games in their lineup.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="angelkimne"]

angelkimne

still both RE games sold over a million. Those are more comparable to Madworld than CoD3
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 air_wolf_cubed
The game is not going to tank because its violence its because Sega is so stupid they wont advertise and support one of the best upcoming games in their lineup.demontium
Im more trusted to Sega advertising than Ubisoft (NMH)
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 angelkimne
[QUOTE="angelkimne"][QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="angelkimne"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Thats not a good Example the Wii version of Call of Duty 3 sucked the 360 version was great.

Well then we could compare No More Heroes to any violent 360 game you like, and you can pretty much guarantee that the 360 game sold more...

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TacoJelly

angelkimne

It might, but it might not.

Consider this, it's rediculously cheaper to develop for Wii, that means less cost to recoup before profit is made. Throw in the fact that it is a very stylized title without an established franchise, who is to say it would sell well on any platform.

Atleast by making it on Wii, it's easier to stand out among the crowd, compared to something like the 360 where lots of games are created in this vain.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="angelkimne"][QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="angelkimne"]

angelkimne

Well then we could compare No More Heroes to any violent 360 game you like, and you can pretty much guarantee that the 360 game sold more...

how about you observe with some common sense. 360 games like that are advertised and well known. Its much harder on Wii because companies have a fixed view of what can and cant sell on it.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
Mad world needs to be ported to the PSN/XBL :P
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
it will sell becouse jack tohmpson willl see it and get his panties up in a bunch, then go on fox news and complain, then the game will get more publicity and kids will gobble it up
redmetal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 redmetal86
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
i kinda see it having the mortal kombat effect. when you first play it, its like "omg look at these bloody fatalities!" then after a while it gets old, and you realize that youre just playing an average fighting game, and begin to wonder would you have bought it if not for the blood and gore
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TacoJelly
[QUOTE="TacoJelly"]

air_wolf_cubed

and advertising....

Yes and No.

Everything sells better when it has a good ad campaign there's no doubting that. However, the majority of the sales for this game will come initially from us, the forum using, game website reading, hardcore gamers... most of us know about this game. Then there is word of mouth, non-hardcore gamers come over and play our version and word spreads.

Course, NMH tanked and that game was awesome... i just don't know anymore

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 air_wolf_cubed
i kinda see it having the mortal kombat effect. when you first play it, its like "omg look at these bloody fatalities!" then after a while it gets old, and you realize that youre just playing an average fighting game, and begin to wonder would you have bought it if not for the blood and goreredmetal86
you act as if the game wont have any depth or varrious goals. You dont just run around and play Man Darts
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TacoJelly

i kinda see it having the mortal kombat effect. when you first play it, its like "omg look at these bloody fatalities!" then after a while it gets old, and you realize that youre just playing an average fighting game, and begin to wonder would you have bought it if not for the blood and goreredmetal86

Lets give the developer some credit. This is more or less the remains of Clover studios, and to my knowledge they have yet to make a single mediocre game, let alone a bad one.

redmetal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 redmetal86

[QUOTE="redmetal86"]i kinda see it having the mortal kombat effect. when you first play it, its like "omg look at these bloody fatalities!" then after a while it gets old, and you realize that youre just playing an average fighting game, and begin to wonder would you have bought it if not for the blood and goreair_wolf_cubed
you act as if the game wont have any depth or varrious goals. You dont just run around and play Man Darts

mortal kombat had a goal. yet i still think it was average. and im sure someone would say mortal kombat had depth. someone.........

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

[QUOTE="redmetal86"]i kinda see it having the mortal kombat effect. when you first play it, its like "omg look at these bloody fatalities!" then after a while it gets old, and you realize that youre just playing an average fighting game, and begin to wonder would you have bought it if not for the blood and goreTacoJelly

Lets give the developer some credit. This is more or less the remains of Clover studios, and to my knowledge they have yet to make a single mediocre game, let alone a bad one.

God Hand is mediocre in my opinion.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 air_wolf_cubed

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="redmetal86"]i kinda see it having the mortal kombat effect. when you first play it, its like "omg look at these bloody fatalities!" then after a while it gets old, and you realize that youre just playing an average fighting game, and begin to wonder would you have bought it if not for the blood and goreredmetal86

mortal kombat had a goal. yet i still think it was average. and im sure someone would say mortal kombat had depth. someone.........

Well this isnt a fighter like Mortal Kombat. You get to explore and you have more than one enemy. Dont compare this to a fighter
redmetal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 redmetal86
[QUOTE="redmetal86"]

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="redmetal86"]i kinda see it having the mortal kombat effect. when you first play it, its like "omg look at these bloody fatalities!" then after a while it gets old, and you realize that youre just playing an average fighting game, and begin to wonder would you have bought it if not for the blood and goreair_wolf_cubed

Well this isnt a fighter like Mortal Kombat. You get to explore and you have more than one enemy. Dont compare this to a fighter

explore what? we dont even know if this is going to be linear or not. if it is, there wont be a lot to explore. also, i can still compare this to a fighter in one way, the mortal kombat way. will the novelty of blood and gruesome killing wear off like it did in mortal kombat? who knows, but i could see it happening.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Funny how the Wii gets all the games that are too violent (Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, Mad World) and is still viewed as kiddy. Have the PS3 or the 360 gotten any of these games that are over the top violent? I want to see if there are any more games of the like to see what share the Wii has gotten.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
MadWorld will probably "tank" because of its lack of advertisement from Nintendo or the developer themselves,just like many Wii games before it.Quite a shame...
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 air_wolf_cubed
MadWorld will probably "tank" because of its lack of advertisement from Nintendo or the developer themselves,just like many Wii games before it.Quite a shame...VGobbsesser
Neither the developer nor Nintendo have the job to advertise it. Its Sega's (the publisher) job to advertise it
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
wii games without advertisement are more likely to sell better than ps3/xbox 360 advertisment. a game is likely to sell as long as its being advertised. i love how people trying to figure out why wii games dont sell, its a reason why.

no more heroes
resident evil umbrella chronicles
resident evil 4

all sell real well for games that had zero advertisement. word of mouth is what sold these games. This game will be the same situation.
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

If Madworld is heavily advertised, it will sell. Remember when Red Steel came out? Those lousy commercials? It still sold a million copies.

If they forget to advertise Madworld, it'll be another No More Heroes scenario... it will sell enough.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
no, it'll tank because it looks like crap. I swear, NOBODY wants to push the Wii's graphics in the least. Hey, I can handle 480p fine, but when half the Wii's game barely match up to Gamecube's games in terms of graphics, I'm sorry but that's plain shovelware laziness.WillieBeamish

I think it looks fine, especially when compared with the trash that's getting released constantly these days.

The game from what we've seen, seems to match Okami in quality. Should it be better? Or should they work on stylizing the effects more? It's up for them to decide. I do like the stylized effects quite a bit, the look of the rain dripping from the environment and the blood splatters all exude an almost comic-like feel, which is what the game is aiming for.