M GS4 is going to come on XBOX 360 becasue

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Soulkiller225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Soulkiller225
Member since 2008 • 251 Posts
The sales are flopping. Japan had a 1 week boost and that was it. The Xbox 360 would sell MGS4 like hotcakes. ANd MGS4 wouyld be better on the 360.
Avatar image for TheSeaBehindYou
TheSeaBehindYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheSeaBehindYou
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts
playstation 3 fans: i guess snake won't be joining you burgers.
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
Obvious troll is obvious.
TheKonspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheKonspiracy
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts
is this a joke, or are you serious?
Unkind223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Unkind223
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts
As much as I want it to come onto the 360 so I can play it, it will not happen. Don't try to think it will either.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts

Would Konami make a F***ton of money? Yes

Will Konami make a F***ton of money? No, because they aren't going to release it on 360.

Avatar image for the_dark-knight
the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_dark-knight
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts
I think if they ported it to 360...I honestly believe there will be a downgrade. It uses the strengths of the PS3, but I believe it IS possible to port. It would be a different game though...
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
If you play the game you know that it wont happen. They actually talk about the PS3 and Blu-Ray in the game. Not to mention the game is on a dual layer blu ray which would mean it would take up like 10 dvds.
Soulkiller225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Soulkiller225

I thinkif they ported it to 360...I honestly believe there will be a downgrade. It uses the strengths of the PS3, but I think it IS possible to port. It would be a different game though...the_dark-knight

Like what? The 360 dvd is faster so only one one disk. Also the 360 controller is better for shooter and MGS4 is a horrible shooter and the 360 controller would make it better

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

Will Konami make a F***ton of money? No, because they aren't going to release it on 360.

Soulkiller225

Konami should. The game is goiging to gater dust becasue many PS3 gamers are wimps and don't buy good games. The 360 owenes would buy the game

360 owenes?

3 million in 2 weeks is not flopping, by the way. If it was ported to the 360, it wouldn't do as great of sales. Considering Japan is a big factor in sales (especially for MGS4).

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

The sales are flopping. Japan had a 1 week boost and that was it. The Xbox 360 would sell MGS4 like hotcakes. ANd MGS4 wouyld be better on the 360. Soulkiller225

The mistake here is that you're reasoning is that mgs4 will come to x-box is because it sold poorly in Japan... think about this for a second...

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

Soulkiller225

Konami should. The game is goiging to gater dust becasue many PS3 gamers are wimps and don't buy good games. The 360 owenes would buy the game

YOu're saying as if the game hardly sold 1 million.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

Soulkiller225

what?

metal gear 4 is never going to the 360 and ps3 owners are not wimps and have bought good game before metal gear 4 came out

Soulkiller225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Soulkiller225

[QUOTE="Soulkiller225"]The sales are flopping. Japan had a 1 week boost and that was it. The Xbox 360 would sell MGS4 like hotcakes. ANd MGS4 wouyld be better on the 360. AntiType

The mistake here is that you're reasoning is that mgs4 will come to x-box is because it sold poorly in Japan... think about this for a second...

You are saying MGS4 would make everone not need a PS3.

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

is this a joke, or are you serious?TheKonspiracy

Was trying to work that out too, *the sales are flopping*. :| Riiiight..

Just go buy yourself a PS3 mate, you're waiting for something that I really don't think will happen..

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
actually konami were really happy with sales, selling 1 million in a week just in Europe, if it was multiplat all that would happen is sales would be split across the board, but instead it will just sell heaps on the ps3, japan was amazing 1 in 4 people got it, so of course it will slow down heaps, but it's funny because mgs4 will probably end up selling more than gears 1, it's already half way there in week 2
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

Soulkiller225

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

Soulkiller225

PS3 gamers are wimps?! Sales are flopping?! How old are you?!

TheKonspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheKonspiracy
[QUOTE="Soulkiller225"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

GnR-SLaSh

don't ask him that, going by his previous posts ,he's probably not smart enough to answers.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="GnR-SLaSh"][QUOTE="Soulkiller225"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

TheKonspiracy

don't ask him that, going by his previous posts ,he's probably not smart enough to answers.

I am getting MGS4 but have not yet as I want to finish MGS3 first but have been a little busy.

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Seriously people, why are you even responding to the TC? It's obvious he's just sTROLLing through. Move on & let the mods lock it down.
PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

Hey genius ya' know why MGS-4 will never come to the 360... IT'S TO BIG, between the game itself and the cut scenes it would never fit on the 360's dvd-9 disc, as it is the game already does an initial 10 minute install when it's first loaded into the PS3, then the game does more individual installs before each new act starts in the game.

The boys at Konami even joke about it in the game, towards the end of the 3rd or 4th act the guy in communi-k with snake "oticon " comes over snakes headset and says " Ok snake insert disc 2, and snake is like huh? then oticon says oh you don't have a disc 2, oh thats right this is a PS3 with a blu-ray drive and a larger capacity disc, wow even dual layered, cool "

Aside from the exclusivity deal Sony arranged with Konami, nice try though, wishful thinking on your part, but i guess that's all you can do when you own a console without a monster hit coming to it until November, oh but wait thats not only when your getting your Gears of War 2 but thats when we're getting our Resistance 2, ya know the game with the 60 online multiplayer being the absolute record amount of players online in one game thus far, so umm yeah good luck with that Gears of War 2 online hey maybe if your lucky you'll get an extra teammate for your team but you'll probably still just die once and have to wait until the next match instead of being able to respawn like the rest of the FPS's out there...oh yeah now there is some great online play

ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ColoradoKindBud

Hey genius ya' know why MGS-4 will never come to the 360... IT'S TO BIG, between the game itself and the cut scenes it would never fit on the 360's dvd-9 disc, as it is the game already does an initial 10 minute install when it's first loaded into the PS3, then the game does more individual installs before each new act starts in the game.

The boys at Konami even joke about it in the game, towards the end of the 3rd or 4th act the guy in communi-k with snake "oticon " comes over snakes headset and says " Ok snake insert disc 2, and snake is like huh? then oticon says oh you don't have a disc 2, oh thats right this is a PS3 with a blu-ray drive and a larger capacity disc, wow even dual layered, cool "

Aside from the exclusivity deal Sony arranged with Konami, nice try though, wishful thinking on your part, but i guess that's all you can do when you own a console without a monster hit coming to it until November, oh but wait thats not only when your getting your Gears of War 2 but thats when we're getting our Resistance 2, ya know the game with the 60 online multiplayer being the absolute record amount of players online in one game thus far, so umm yeah good luck with that Gears of War 2 online hey maybe if your lucky you'll get an extra teammate for your team but you'll probably still just die once and have to wait until the next match instead of being able to respawn like the rest of the FPS's out there...oh yeah now there is some great online play PS3nut

Umm, that comment from Otacon is not a crack at the 360, it's referring to the 1st MGS game on the PS1 where you had to switch the disc at that point in the game. Jheesh...

schoony_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 schoony_5
Member since 2004 • 343 Posts

[QUOTE="the_dark-knight"]I thinkif they ported it to 360...I honestly believe there will be a downgrade. It uses the strengths of the PS3, but I think it IS possible to port. It would be a different game though...Soulkiller225

Like what? The 360 dvd is faster so only one one disk. Also the 360 controller is better for shooter and MGS4 is a horrible shooter and the 360 controller would make it better

You obviously don't understand the point of metal gear games.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

MGS 4 can't be done on the 360. It was built for the PS3 that uses high capacity BR discs.

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3nut"]

Aside from the exclusivity deal Sony arranged with Konami, nice try though, wishful thinking on your part, but i guess that's all you can do when you own a console without a monster hit coming to it until November, oh but wait thats not only when your getting your Gears of War 2 but thats when we're getting our Resistance 2, ya know the game with the 60 online multiplayer being the absolute record amount of players online in one game thus far, so umm yeah good luck with that Gears of War 2 online hey maybe if your lucky you'll get an extra teammate for your team but you'll probably still just die once and have to wait until the next match instead of being able to respawn like the rest of the FPS's out there...oh yeah now there is some great online play ColoradoKindBud

Umm, that comment from Otacon is not a crack at the 360, it's referring to the 1st MGS game on the PS1 where you had to switch the disc at that point in the game. Jheesh...

Maybe so but it can be a shot at both 360 and the Wii because neither possess a Blu-ray drive and therefore cannot run Metal Gear solid 4, so although it may not be a shot at them it very well could be..

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts

[QUOTE="the_dark-knight"]I thinkif they ported it to 360...I honestly believe there will be a downgrade. It uses the strengths of the PS3, but I think it IS possible to port. It would be a different game though...Soulkiller225

You havent even played the game.

AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts

1. The sales did not flop. Kojima said he would be happy with a million sales, they got over that in a day.
2. Japan hates 360.
3. MGS2 flopped on XBOX. Since then there hasn't been an XBOX MGS.

BONUS: Kojima doesn't like 360!

charomid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 charomid
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts
who cares about mgs4 coming to 360, if you want the game buy a ps3. i did and the game is incredible, btw the comment about otacon WAS infact referring to mgs1 because you have to switch discs, so that guy that said it was a crack on 360, your wrong!
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ColoradoKindBud
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"][QUOTE="PS3nut"]

Aside from the exclusivity deal Sony arranged with Konami, nice try though, wishful thinking on your part, but i guess that's all you can do when you own a console without a monster hit coming to it until November, oh but wait thats not only when your getting your Gears of War 2 but thats when we're getting our Resistance 2, ya know the game with the 60 online multiplayer being the absolute record amount of players online in one game thus far, so umm yeah good luck with that Gears of War 2 online hey maybe if your lucky you'll get an extra teammate for your team but you'll probably still just die once and have to wait until the next match instead of being able to respawn like the rest of the FPS's out there...oh yeah now there is some great online play PS3nut

Maybe so but it can be a shot at both 360 and the Wii because neither possess a Blu-ray drive and therefore cannot run Metal Gear solid 4, so although it may not be a shot at them it very well could be..

No, it isn't a shot at the Wii or 360. Anyone who has played the MGS on the PS1 knows what Otacon is referring to. Man, foanboys love to make things up.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts

First and foremost, I doubt that MGS4 will be coming to the Xbox 360. I bought a PS3 for that one game anyways.

One thing everyone needs to understand is that MGS4 takes up a total of around 32 GB worth of data. This was proven on NeoGAF. The game doesn't use any compression techniques and we don't even know if the game uses data padding. I've played and beaten the game twice. I really don't see where all of that 32 GB is coming from. Mass Effect is a lot more game and it's only one DVD9. The game also uses uncompressed audio, which can take anywhere from 10-25 GB of space. The 32GB may be without the audio tracks, I'm not sure. It would make even less sense then. The game from start to finish does not seem like it would take that much memory to harness. Not even close. There is something else at play here

Also, for those who don't understand, the PS3 has a turtle paced disc read speed. It does 9MB per second while the 360 reader does 16 MB per second. For those bad at math, that means that the 360 can read games almost twice as fast as the PS3. That is why the PS3 has to install most of their games. Also, because of this, some developers have resorted to "data padding". What is this data padding? Insomniac did this for Resistance. It is where developers duplicate data on the outsides of the disc to speed up load times. We don't even know if Kojima did this in MGS4. I doubt it with those long ass installs.

Theres a little bit of fact for some people that need it on here.

coldsteel321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coldsteel321
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts
According to TCs logic then Gears of War 2, Fable 2, should come for PS3 since the companies will make more money. No? because they are exclusives, thats how it works you dont hear cows begging for Gears 2 and also MGS4 is impossible on the 360 because console is too weak.
G3ckobain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 G3ckobain
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

LOL when you are installing the game and Snake is smoking , it says:

"This game is made to be played ONLY in PS3" or something like that ...

heh keep dreaming lemming ... Snake DON'T want to be in your xbox 360 :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
You lemmings better hope that MGS4 doesnt outsell Gears 1, or Gears 2 for that matter.
Haee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Haee
Member since 2006 • 1378 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5020582/is-that-a-360-devkit-on-kojimas-desk

interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts

First and foremost, I doubt that MGS4 will be coming to the Xbox 360. I bought a PS3 for that one game anyways.

One thing everyone needs to understand is that MGS4 takes up a total of around 32 GB worth of data. This was proven on NeoGAF. The game doesn't use any compression techniques and we don't even know if the game uses data padding. I've played and beaten the game twice. I really don't see where all of that 32 GB is coming from. Mass Effect is a lot more game and it's only one DVD9. The game also uses uncompressed audio, which can take anywhere from 10-25 GB of space. The 32GB may be without the audio tracks, I'm not sure. It would make even less sense then. The game from start to finish does not seem like it would take that much memory to harness. Not even close. There is something else at play here

Also, for those who don't understand, the PS3 has a turtle paced disc read speed. It does 9MB per second while the 360 reader does 16 MB per second. For those bad at math, that means that the 360 can read games almost twice as fast as the PS3. That is why the PS3 has to install most of their games. Also, because of this, some developers have resorted to "data padding". What is this data padding? Insomniac did this for Resistance. It is where developers duplicate data on the outsides of the disc to speed up load times. We don't even know if Kojima did this in MGS4. I doubt it with those long ass installs.

Theres a little bit of fact for some people that need it on here.

MadExponent

Whens your first game releasing...oh, nevermind, your not a dev.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

Soulkiller225

I would't buy it. I would rent it, have my way with it then kick it to the curb.

I never really like the MG series

TheKonspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheKonspiracy

http://kotaku.com/5020582/is-that-a-360-devkit-on-kojimas-desk

interesting.

Haee

looks like a normal 360, 360 dev kits are black i think

loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 loftus42
Member since 2008 • 1086 Posts
If you play the game you know that it wont happen. They actually talk about the PS3 and Blu-Ray in the game. Not to mention the game is on a dual layer blu ray which would mean it would take up like 10 dvds.MGS9150
Even though I don't even remotely think this will happen, Ten DVD-9s are almost 80 gigs. exaggeration on your part? but honestly, Compress the audio, and you will cut the size almost in half. Shorten the cut scenes, and you have it down to a DVD-9. The cut scenes have a lot of information, but is very redundant with some of the information. I mean, how long does it take the gun dealer to make his point, 30 minutes? No. And Maryl needs even longer to tell snake about the guns that the gun dealer already said. the only extra points she makes are the nano chit in each soldiers system, and about her dad. The nano chit was already touched upon by the gun dealer and the commander in the beginning.
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
There are like 6 active topics where Lemmings make themselves look badddd right now.
LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts
I don't think MGS4 would play well on a 360 controller.
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts

MadExponent

indeed.

/thread

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 phatkav
Member since 2005 • 1357 Posts
Sorry but it won't happen.
Avatar image for II6FUII-CauT1oN
II6FUII-CauT1oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 II6FUII-CauT1oN
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

u are obviously mentally retarded, mgs4 is not a shooter. please just stfu & go hang urself. all ur posting is opinions, & coming from a retard like you they dont mean much.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
Becareful with the retard comments that doesn't go over well here, I've learned. lol
jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
I doubt it'll happen because it'll all the ps3 has.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Becareful with the retard comments that doesn't go over well here, I've learned. lolGreyFoXX4

yeah lol, i've been modded so many times for using that word lol.

Avatar image for II6FUII-CauT1oN
II6FUII-CauT1oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 II6FUII-CauT1oN
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"]Becareful with the retard comments that doesn't go over well here, I've learned. lolII_Seraphim_II

yeah lol, i've been modded so many times for using that word lol.

really? lol thats retarded
overdrive918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 overdrive918
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

If you play the game you know that it wont happen. They actually talk about the PS3 and Blu-Ray in the game. Not to mention the game is on a dual layer blu ray which would mean it would take up like 10 dvds.MGS9150

DVD compression is way better than blu-ray, a file of that size would take three, four at most DVD's. possibly two.