lol at people crying about Starcraft 2

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

:cry: :cry: :cry: $150 for a computer game OMGGG!!???!?!??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stop yourself

A.) They never released pricing information for the seperate additions (and if you think they'll charge $50 for a campaign, please go kill yourself).

B.) Even if they were $50 a piece, we are talking 36+ mission campaigns and who knows what else they may add.

C.) lol at the people saying you will only be able to play as one race in the online multiplayer. Please, just understand how stupid you sound.

D.) You know, console games cost $60 and most of them last 2 weeks to a month if you're lucky. Starcraft kinda lasted....gee i dont know -- 10 years. Think about what you're getting here.

E.) What's with the Starcraft 2 monthly fee rumours?

E.2) Monthly fees don't make sense for an RTS
E.3) The WoW monthly fee is possibly one of the greatest entertainment deals out there (if you like WoW)

E.4) How is Blizzard a money hungry milk machine when every game they make is king of its respected genre?

F.) Finally, it's Blizzard -- and you need to give them some respect for not only making huge campaigns for you to play through, but also for making games that are worth so much more than a measely $50. Blizzard games aren't like any others, they are more like hobbies that you will have for the rest of your life if you enjoy them.

So please, don't talk any more trash about the greatest developer on the planet.

kthxbye

MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
kthxbye
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
I was wondering how long it would take for one of these to pop up.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

So please, don't talk any more trash about the greatest developer on the planet.

Koalakommander
You misspelled id. I mean, you got the "i" in there, and the "d", but I don't understand why you added a bunch of other letters.
WileyCoyote315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WileyCoyote315
Member since 2008 • 320 Posts

Stop yourself

A.) They never released pricing information for the seperate additions (and if you think they'll charge $50 for a campaign, please go kill yourself).

B.) Even if they were $50 a piece, we are talking 36+ mission campaigns and who knows what else they may add.

C.) lol at the people saying you will only be able to play as one race in the online multiplayer. Please, just understand how stupid you sound.

D.) You know, console games cost $60 and most of them last 2 weeks to a month if you're lucky. Starcraft kinda lasted....gee i dont know -- 10 years. Think about what you're getting here.

E.3) The WoW monthly fee is possibly one of the greatest entertainment deals out there (if you like WoW)

E.4) How is Blizzard a money hungry milk machine when every game they make is king of its respected genre?

F.) Finally, it's Blizzard -- and you need to give them some respect for not only making huge campaigns for you to play through, but also for making games that are worth so much more than a measely $50. Blizzard games aren't like any others, they are more like hobbies that you will have for the rest of your life if you enjoy them.

kthxbye

Koalakommander

That post should be remake into a general guideline for people to follow before posting on System wars. The saddest thing is probably that the same people complaining about paying more for the series will end up getting all three installments anyways. Complain about the price, and then going ahead to purchase it, thats sad.

mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts

simple

With SC1 i could play all three races' campaigns out of the box. I would get all the variety of gameplay thats included in the 3 races campaigns. If i wanted a lengthier campaign i could go out and buy brood war.

With SC2 I have to buy 3 different products to get the same variety that i had in SC1. Blizzard is essentially trying force me to buy 3 products to get my variety that i've come to expect.

Blizzard could use the same business model they used in SC1/Brood war and satisfy those who want a lengthy campaign and those who want to play multiplayer out of the box.

You are very naive if you tihnk this isn't purely a business decision, no matter how much BS blizzard is spewing about it taking too long or the need for a lengthier campaign. By reusing assets across three different products blizzard is cutting costs by a huge margin. Creating new gameplay scenarios/levels is not where near as expensive as creating all the assets in the first place.

Also one huge factor is that NOT everyone is a huge starcraft nerd. Not everyone will get the same satisfaction from lengthy campaigns. why did they elminate choice by forcing us to buy 3 products to get variety?. And you also extremely naive if you think blizzard wasn't actively trying to gain more profit when they came up with this business model and it was a last minute decision. Take afew marketing classes and learn how businesses work. kthxbai

And i have to lol at the hermits' hypocrisy (i am a hermit). they always moan about EA, MS, Live, DLC but willingly bend over for Blizzard and defend their money grubbing ways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
There were a few unawnsered questions about the three installments to starcraft 2 i wanted to see, but yes i agree with you...and personaly thought of a lot of these points myself.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koalakommander

simple

With SC1 i could play all three races' campaigns out of the box. I would get all the variety of gameplay thats included in the 3 races campaigns. If i wanted a lengthier campaign i could go out and buy brood war.

With SC2 I have to buy 3 different products to get the same variety that i had in SC1. Blizzard is essentially trying force me to buy 3 products to get my variety that i've come to expect.

Blizzard could use the same business model they used in SC1/Brood war and satisfy those who want a lengthy campaign and those who want to play multiplayer out of the box.

You are very naive if you tihnk this isn't purely a business decision, no matter how much BS blizzard is spewing about it taking too long or the need for a lengthier campaign. By reusing assets across three different products blizzard is cutting costs by a huge margin. Creating new gameplay scenarios/levels is not where near as expensive as creating all the assets in the first place.

Also one huge factor is that NOT everyone is a huge starcraft nerd. Not everyone will get the same satisfaction from lengthy campaigns. why did they elminate choice by forcing us to buy 3 products to get variety?. And you also extremely naive if you think blizzard wasn't actively trying to gain more profit when they came up with this business model and it was a last minute decision. Take afew marketing classes and learn how businesses work. kthxbai

And i have to lol at the hermits' hypocrisy (i am a hermit). they always moan about EA, MS, Live, DLC but willingly bend over for Blizzard and defend their money grubbing ways.

mephisto_11

ROFL

Of course Blizzard wants profit, there aren't a charity service to gamers -- and of course they are looking for more money off these SC2 parts.

All I'm saying is, I think it's laughable how people like you cry about getting a one campaign at a time, and each one alone is deeper than the original starcraft's 3 combined.

The only thing we differ on here is that I think Blizzard deserves money, and is gonna give some quality products for that money, whether you think you're being milked or not.

mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mephisto_11
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

simple

Koalakommander

ROFL

Of course Blizzard wants profit, there aren't a charity service to gamers -- and of course they are looking for more money off these SC2 parts.

All I'm saying is, I think it's laughable how people like you cry about getting a one campaign at a time, and each one alone is deeper than the original starcraft's 3 combined.

The only thing we differ on here is that I think Blizzard deserves money, and is gonna give some quality products for that money, whether you think you're being milked or not.

LOL you are exactly the good little sheep that corporations love. look how you defend them. What does blizzard milking consumers do for you? If blizzard has their way with this we'll be seeing a ton of fragmented games that cost almost as much as a console to get a full experience. While shareholders laugh at you and swim in pools of money for letting them spread costs over 3 different products and reusing assets.

And your assumption that everyone cares about these huge campaigns is wishful thinking at best. most people don't even finish lengthy games like gta4 and you expect them to go out and buy 3 seperate but very similar retail products. Not to mention long campaigns get dull much quicker in RTS' and people could get a variety of different maps from the map editor anyways.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

simple

mephisto_11

ROFL

LOL you are exactly the good little sheep that corporations love. look how you defend them. What does blizzard milking consumers do for you? If blizzard has their way with this we'll be seeing a ton of fragmented games that cost almost as much as a console to get a full experience. While shareholders laugh at you and swim in pools of money for letting them spread costs over 3 different products and reusing assets.

And your assumption that everyone cares about these huge campaigns is wishful thinking at best. most people don't even finish lengthy games like gta4 and you expect them to go out and buy 3 seperate but very similar retail products. Not to mention long campaigns get dull much quicker in RTS' and people could get a variety of different maps from the map editor anyways.

Once again you're hating on Blizzard for giving you a fair deal.

If a product is well worth the money, why should I complain? They want to get SC2 out sooner, and they realized that the single-player was so huge that they could get some extra cash off of it.

I know Blizzard could care less about me, and I could care less about how awsome they are at milking me -- as long as I am having fun with games that I paid a fair price for.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

With SC2 I have to buy 3 different products to get the same variety that i had in SC1. Blizzard is essentially trying force me to buy 3 products to get my variety that i've come to expect.mephisto_11

1. SC1 is not SC2. To enter a game with the notion that everything should carry over from the previous game is a stupid concept.
  2. SC2's campaign is essentially an adventure game with branching plot points, vast amount of important characters, upgradeable and personalized armies, and more. You're right when you say that you won't get the same thing as you did in SC1. You're getting something entirely different than any RTS game before it with the closest thing being Star Control.
  3. You are getting 26 to 36 missions plus side quests, easter egg missions, and more PER FACTION CAMPAIGN vs Starcraft's 10 missions PER FACTION CAMPAIGN.
  4. Blizzard forcing you to buy 3 products is no different than any PC game with expansions. Hell, people are hyped about Wrath of the Lich King, WoW's 2nd expansion and third major product in WoW. How about The Frozen Throne, Lord of Destruction, and Brood War?

Blizzard could use the same business model they used in SC1/Brood war and satisfy those who want a lengthy campaign and those who want to play multiplayer out of the box.mephisto_11

Blizzard is using the same model. Instead of buying another expansion, you now need to buy 2 if you want the full experience. Also, don't kid yourself into thinking that you didn't need Brood War for the campaign, either. Too many important plot points happened in that expansion that sets the stage for the universe.

You are very naive if you tihnk this isn't purely a business decision, no matter how much BS blizzard is spewing about it taking too long or the need for a lengthier campaign. By reusing assets across three different products blizzard is cutting costs by a huge margin. Creating new gameplay scenarios/levels is not where near as expensive as creating all the assets in the first place.mephisto_11

I find you to be just as naive if you actually believe you know what they have planned.

Also one huge factor is that NOT everyone is a huge starcraft nerd. Not everyone will get the same satisfaction from lengthy campaigns. why did they elminate choice by forcing us to buy 3 products to get variety?. And you also extremely naive if you think blizzard wasn't actively trying to gain more profit when they came up with this business model and it was a last minute decision. Take afew marketing classes and learn how businesses work. kthxbaimephisto_11

What is this talk about the lack of variety? You are getting a nonlinear game that continues an epic story that will be as long as the original game PLUS replayability thanks to the branching story. The truth is that if they attempted all of this into one package, we wouldn't see the game for many years, waaaaay past the mark where people would care about the game. Look at what happened Spore, which is a victim of its own hype and delays.

mephisto_11

PC gamers knew that they will be buying expansions for Starcraft 2. The only people complaining are those who know nothing about PC gaming, which is you.

mudman91878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mudman91878
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

simple

mephisto_11

ROFL

You may not like how they're doing it and that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. However, you are DEAD WRONG on thinking that this is purely a business decision. If I wasn't getting MORE FOR MY MONEY, then you'd have a point. I (and you as well) know that we'll be getting our money's worth out of SC2. Actually, we'll be getting MORE than our money's worth when compared to 99% of all other games out there. THAT is why this isn't milkage....like you claim.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Here's my take:

Blizzard makes enough money from their super loyal and dedicated fanbase where they can combine each campaign into ONE package. They will make their money back from terrific sales. Separating the campaigns is more ways for them to make MORE money. I don't blame them though, it's money after all.

If these separate campaigns are $50 each I will not buy each one. If they are $30 each I will mostly like buy them all...

I'm sure they could make it work, but honestly combining the campaigns woul be epic.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Koalakommander

Here's my take:

Blizzard makes enough money from their super loyal and dedicated fanbase where they can combine each campaign into ONE package. They will make their money back from terrific sales. Separating the campaigns is more ways for them to make MORE money. I don't blame them though, it's money after all.

If these separate campaigns are $50 each I will not buy each one. If they are $30 each I will mostly like buy them all... But why not make a game that combines EACH campaign? That would be a better decsion IMO.

TREAL_Since

Because SC2 wouldn't come out until 2012.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Here's my take:

If these separate campaigns are $50 each I will not buy each one. If they are $30 each I will mostly like buy them all... But why not make a game that combines EACH campaign? That would be a better decsion IMO.

Koalakommander

Because SC2 wouldn't come out until 2012.

Oh... Will they only be finished with the Terran campaign by next year? Are they going to make it an episodic type deal?

If so then I think they should price the Protos and Zerg campaigns at around $30.

Honestly I'd rather wait for the most epic of epic RTS if they were to combine each one... I guesssince this is their decision we will have to go with it.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

mephisto_11

Except it's not the same variety. StarCraft's and Brood War's campaigns were basically normal StarCraft gameplay with certain objectives and a storyline. Blizzard is adding a lot more in StarCraft 2. Those elements that they've announced so far are: a mercenary-like system for the Terran where you can buy units, upgrades, and go about missions in a semi-non-linear fashion, RPG elements for the Zerg, and diplomatic elements for the Protoss. And I'm sure it'll be fleshed out as time goes on. Whether these elements make a big difference in the campaign gameplay remains to be seen, but one thing's for sure: StarCraft 2 has a helluva lot more variety than its predecessors.

We don't want StarCraft 2 to become a Spore, do we? Think of SC2's campaigns like a stage in Spore. If Blizzard were to wrap up all the campaigns into a single box and put it out in 2009, I'm sure a lot would have had to been compromised, like in Spore (though, in Spore's case, it was also the result of making the game appeal to more casual audiences). I'd rather have Blizzard really flesh out each race's campaign. They could certainly do it in a single release, but I don't think anybody wants StarCraft 2 to release in 2011 in order to save a couple dollars.

mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mephisto_11
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]With SC1 i could play all three races' campaigns out of the box. I would get all the variety of gameplay thats included in the 3 races campaigns. If i wanted a lengthier campaign i could go out and buy brood war.

With SC2 I have to buy 3 different products to get the same variety that i had in SC1. Blizzard is essentially trying force me to buy 3 products to get my variety that i've come to expect.Redmoonxl2

1. SC1 is not SC2. To enter a game with the notion that everything should carry over from the previous game is a stupid concept.
  2. SC2's campaign is essentially an adventure game with branching plot points, vast amount of important characters, upgradeable and personalized armies, and more. You're right when you say that you won't get the same thing as you did in SC1. You're getting something entirely different than any RTS game before it with the closest thing being Star Control.
  3. You are getting 26 to 36 missions plus side quests, easter egg missions, and more PER FACTION CAMPAIGN vs Starcraft's 10 missions PER FACTION CAMPAIGN.
  4. Blizzard forcing you to buy 3 products is no different than any PC game with expansions. Hell, people are hyped about Wrath of the Lich King, WoW's 2nd expansion and third major product in WoW. How about The Frozen Throne, Lord of Destruction, and Brood War?

Blizzard could use the same business model they used in SC1/Brood war and satisfy those who want a lengthy campaign and those who want to play multiplayer out of the box.mephisto_11

Blizzard is using the same model. Instead of buying another expansion, you now need to buy 2 if you want the full experience. Also, don't kid yourself into thinking that you didn't need Brood War for the campaign, either. Too many important plot points happened in that expansion that sets the stage for the universe.

You are very naive if you tihnk this isn't purely a business decision, no matter how much BS blizzard is spewing about it taking too long or the need for a lengthier campaign. By reusing assets across three different products blizzard is cutting costs by a huge margin. Creating new gameplay scenarios/levels is not where near as expensive as creating all the assets in the first place.mephisto_11

I find you to be just as naive if you actually believe you know what they have planned.

Also one huge factor is that NOT everyone is a huge starcraft nerd. Not everyone will get the same satisfaction from lengthy campaigns. why did they elminate choice by forcing us to buy 3 products to get variety?. And you also extremely naive if you think blizzard wasn't actively trying to gain more profit when they came up with this business model and it was a last minute decision. Take afew marketing classes and learn how businesses work. kthxbaimephisto_11

What is this talk about the lack of variety? You are getting a nonlinear game that continues an epic story that will be as long as the original game PLUS replayability thanks to the branching story. The truth is that if they attempted all of this into one package, we wouldn't see the game for many years, waaaaay past the mark where people would care about the game. Look at what happened Spore, which is a victim of its own hype and delays.

mephisto_11

PC gamers knew that they will be buying expansions for Starcraft 2. The only people complaining are those who know nothing about PC gaming, which is you.

again you are assuming everyone cares about SC2 as much as you do. Not everyone places the same value on the game. This is a basic principle in microeconomics. Some people will pay 60 dollar for a haircut, most WONT. Not everyone gets the same marginal value from purchasing additional units of any product. I want to get my variety that I have come to expect from the first starcraft without having to buy 3 products. You go on about replayability and epic story, again your assuming we all place the same value on this product as you do.

And your point about brood war doesn't make sense. Sure there are plot points and more gameplay and you would buy them if you are really into SC and place a lot of value on the product. But in the end you had a CHOICE. The choice in SC2 is effectively eliminated. You have to buy all three products to get that variety in SC2, whereas you did NOT have to inSC1/Brood War. And saying that since this has been done before makes it excusable is quite plainly rubbish.Two wrongsdon't make a right.

And lol people here are jokes. Blizzard's marketing team has OWNED you. You are utterly convinced that this decision is not purely financial. Please, take some marketing classes. Ask any marketing professor, these people have you by the balls and are always actively seeking ways to maximize profits by changing their business model. Imagine if this was EA or MS.

And lol @ you saying i know nothing about PC gaming. I've been gaming on PC since diablo 1. this is the first gen where i have bought consoles and ended up buying a pc again anyway.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TREAL_Since
I will say that IF this were a Microsoft or EA desicion it would be bashed to hell and back.
mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mephisto_11
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

Einhanderkiller

Except it's not the same variety. StarCraft's and Brood War's campaigns were basically normal StarCraft gameplay with certain objectives and a storyline. Blizzard is adding a lot more in StarCraft 2. Those elements that they've announced so far are: a mercenary-like system for the Terran where you can buy units, upgrades, and go about missions in a semi-non-linear fashion, RPG elements for the Zerg, and diplomatic elements for the Protoss. And I'm sure it'll be fleshed out as time goes on. Whether these elements make a big difference in the campaign gameplay remains to be seen, but one thing's for sure: StarCraft 2 has a helluva lot more variety than its predecessors.

Going by Blizzard's claim that this decision was not finalized until later in the development cycle we would assume that those elements were already present although the campaigns for each race were shorter. This goes back to my point. NOT EVERYONE will care about lengthy campaigns. The ability to chose a lengthier campaign by buying brood war in SC1 has been eliminated.

Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts

Honestly I'd rather wait for the most epic of epic RTS if they were to combine each one... I guesssince this is their decision we will have to go with it.

TREAL_Since

Blizzard will most likely release a Battlechest edition with all expansions in one. 2011 at the earliest.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

KrazyKenKutarag

Blizzard will most likely release a Battlechest edition with all expansions in one. 2011 at the earliest.

That would be more than worth it. I forgot about the Battlechest releases! But we must wait...

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

again you are assuming everyone cares about SC2 as much as you do. Not everyone places the same value on the game. This is a basic principle in microeconomics. Some people will pay 60 dollar for a haircut, most WONT. Not everyone gets the same marginal value from purchasing additional units of any product. I want to get my variety that I have come to expect from the first starcraft without having to buy 3 products. You go on about replayability and epic story, again your assuming we all place the same value on this product as you do.mephisto_11

This argument doesn't make sense since you are making assumptions on what the game will lack, while I'm going by what is confirmed. Every addition will not be "the same game with more units". Instead, the new expansions will have an entirely different campaign metagame (Terran's technological advancements, Zerg's focus on diplomacy), with additions to multiplayer, which could be anything from new map types to new units. You are getting upgraded on all fronts, not spending more money for next to nil advancements.

Besides, if you do not care about Starcraft 2 to begin with, why the hell are you following the game?

And your point about brood war doesn't make sense. Sure there are plot points and more gameplay and you would buy them if you are really into SC and place a lot of value on the product. But in the end you had a CHOICE. The choice in SC2 is effectively eliminated. You have to buy all three products to get that variety in SC2, whereas you did NOT have to inSC1/Brood War. And saying that since this has been done before makes it excusable is quite plainly rubbish.Two wrongsdon't make a right.mephisto_11

Newsflash: If you like Starcraft 2, it will be natural for you to be excited about the next expansion. If you HATE Starcraft 2, you stop there and you stop buying the games. Wow, hard concept, eh?

Enough with the "variety" argument. The problem here is not variety, it's your preconceived vision on what the variety SHOULD BE. Since they are not giving you what you perceived would be the norm, you are throwing a temper tantrum as a result. There is no statement from Blizzard stating that they will have all three factions in campaign mode from day one. Instead, they want to deliver something more per faction campaign this time around. More power to them.

And lol people here are jokes. Blizzard's marketing team has OWNED you. You are utterly convinced that this decision is not purely financial. Please, take some marketing classes. Ask any marketing professor, these people have you by the balls and are always actively seeking ways to maximize profits by changing their business model. Imagine if this was EA or MS.mephisto_11

No one claimed that this wasn't a financial move. It seems that you keep repeating that since you want to feel important in some capacity. Wow, you sure are brighter than everybody else, huh, buddy?

Its obvious that what they have in mind is more expensive and lengthy than they originally thought, and by delaying the game any further will cause a backlash. Better to have one really polished product now with two other highly polished products down the road than to have all three in one package past the point where people would care.

And lol @ you saying i know nothing about PC gaming. I've been gaming on PC since diablo 1. this is the first gen where i have bought consoles and ended up buying a pc again anyway.

mephisto_11

For a person who has been gaming on the PC since Diablo, you sure are complaining quite a bit about a PC game with two planned expansions.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
Blizzard is saying each segment of SC2 is 25-30 missions long. If that's true, I want it.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]With SC1 i could play all three races' campaigns out of the box. I would get all the variety of gameplay thats included in the 3 races campaigns. If i wanted a lengthier campaign i could go out and buy brood war.

With SC2 I have to buy 3 different products to get the same variety that i had in SC1. Blizzard is essentially trying force me to buy 3 products to get my variety that i've come to expect.mephisto_11

mephisto_11

again you are assuming everyone cares about SC2 as much as you do. Not everyone places the same value on the game. This is a basic principle in microeconomics. Some people will pay 60 dollar for a haircut, most WONT. Not everyone gets the same marginal value from purchasing additional units of any product. I want to get my variety that I have come to expect from the first starcraft without having to buy 3 products. You go on about replayability and epic story, again your assuming we all place the same value on this product as you do.

And your point about brood war doesn't make sense. Sure there are plot points and more gameplay and you would buy them if you are really into SC and place a lot of value on the product. But in the end you had a CHOICE. The choice in SC2 is effectively eliminated. You have to buy all three products to get that variety in SC2, whereas you did NOT have to inSC1/Brood War. And saying that since this has been done before makes it excusable is quite plainly rubbish.Two wrongsdon't make a right.

And lol people here are jokes. Blizzard's marketing team has OWNED you. You are utterly convinced that this decision is not purely financial. Please, take some marketing classes. Ask any marketing professor, these people have you by the balls and are always actively seeking ways to maximize profits by changing their business model. Imagine if this was EA or MS.

I can't argue with you, im not on you're level. I tried to take a marketing class but it was too hard, or perhaps to hard to hear with all the intoxicated, unmotivated frat boys around who were in that class.

Maraos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Maraos
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]With SC1 i could play all three races' campaigns out of the box. I would get all the variety of gameplay thats included in the 3 races campaigns. If i wanted a lengthier campaign i could go out and buy brood war.

mephisto_11

You do realise that one campaign in SC2 is greater then all 3 in the first game right? Your complaining about diversity? Honestly? Christ dude the fact that they are putting so much effort into the campaign that it has to be put into 3 different games should be enough.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
eh, i wont be playing it anyways
redfield_137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 redfield_137
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts
Some people are just never satisfied and like to have a cry about everything. I'm actually happy with this direction. Two thumbs up to Blizzard.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

It's pitiful the complaints there are, we have no idea about how this will work other than there is three separate games that will have separate compaigns by race. Most of the complaints come from complete assumptions and the ones that don't are stupid complaints, they aren't just selling 10 missions for an extra charge but an entire 36+! And those saying by only buying one you miss out on a large portion of the campaign, you don't miss out on a piece of the campaign at all, you get the full campaign for that race and it is much longer than it would otherwise be.

Finally, mods will allow you to play scenarios with the other races so you won't miss out on that. You can't expect them to have 100+ missions and spend all that money on the game when they don't have that budget unless it is separated into three games. I can't believe how rediculous some of the complaints are. Hermits always seem to consider themselves on a higher level, and this is a great example of that.(Not all hermits, but not a very small chunk.)

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

look at starcraft(1)

it's about a decade old and a number of people are still playing it.

$150=for a game that would last a decadE?

worth every penny if you ask me.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
Damn good post. I agree.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

And I laugh at you sad hermits who are willing to take this BS by Blizzard for completely screwing over the fanbase like this. And before you accuse me of being a consolite, I play PC games quite a bit, I played the original SC and Brood War and due to the recent console games drought (which will change within the next week or two) I've been playing my PC more than my 360 and Wii combined.

Point is, Blizzard has no right to do this, regardless of cost. Sure, you can defend this disgusting piece of capitalism all you want with your petty arguments like, "oh, Blizzard's a quality dev, it's okay for them to do that" or "you're getting more depth in the game so shut up, drop your pants, and bend over".

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
playing zerg and toss without playing their campaings will feel wrong... very very wrong....
BosoxJoe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 BosoxJoe5
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

lowe0

You misspelled id. I mean, you got the "i" in there, and the "d", but I don't understand why you added a bunch of other letters.

id is great. You can play a first person shooter, a first person shooter, a sequel to a first person shooter, a spinoff of a first person shooter or a first person shooter. :P

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

10 Years yeah okay. Well if Starcraft 2 last that long then I am sure any console game will last about 4 or 5 years..

mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mephisto_11
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]With SC1 i could play all three races' campaigns out of the box. I would get all the variety of gameplay thats included in the 3 races campaigns. If i wanted a lengthier campaign i could go out and buy brood war.

With SC2 I have to buy 3 different products to get the same variety that i had in SC1. Blizzard is essentially trying force me to buy 3 products to get my variety that i've come to expect.Maraos

mephisto_11

You do realise that one campaign in SC2 is greater then all 3 in the first game right? Your complaining about diversity? Honestly? Christ dude the fact that they are putting so much effort into the campaign that it has to be put into 3 different games should be enough.

what does this have to do with anything? not everyone cares about the longer campaign. i dont want to play through hours and hours of a single races' campaign and have to buy another game to play the other race. this is ridiculous.

mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mephisto_11

This argument doesn't make sense since you are making assumptions on what the game will lack, while I'm going by what is confirmed. Every addition will not be "the same game with more units". Instead, the new expansions will have an entirely different campaign metagame (Terran's technological advancements, Zerg's focus on diplomacy), with additions to multiplayer, which could be anything from new map types to new units. You are getting upgraded on all fronts, not spending more money for next to nil advancements.

Besides, if you do not care about Starcraft 2 to begin with, why the hell are you following the game?

I already answered this. Since blizzard stated that the decision to partition SC2 was made later in the development cycle we can assume that the metagames in each campaign were already there to begin with. They could shorten each campaign, release SC2 with all races and release the extended campaign in a single expansion pack for those who want more. Both people who want everything out of the box and those who want a longer campaign would be satisfied.

Newsflash: If you like Starcraft 2, it will be natural for you to be excited about the next expansion. If you HATE Starcraft 2, you stop there and you stop buying the games. Wow, hard concept, eh?

Enough with the "variety" argument. The problem here is not variety, it's your preconceived vision on what the variety SHOULD BE. Since they are not giving you what you perceived would be the norm, you are throwing a temper tantrum as a result. There is no statement from Blizzard stating that they will have all three factions in campaign mode from day one. Instead, they want to deliver something more per faction campaign this time around. More power to them.

I bought the first starcraft and was excited about SC2 but i refuse to bend over and let blizzard milk me to get the variety i expect. sorry but as a consumer i have a limited amount of money to spend and i dont want all of it to go to blizzard. This preconceived notion is justified. this is what blizzard offered to us in the first game. if it was starcraft 1 and it had sepetrate games for each campaign i would not be arguiing with blizzard's decision.

No one claimed that this wasn't a financial move. It seems that you keep repeating that since you want to feel important in some capacity. Wow, you sure are brighter than everybody else, huh, buddy?

So you admit that you're getting milked and letting blizzard have a free pass at it. ok

Its obvious that what they have in mind is more expensive and lengthy than they originally thought, and by delaying the game any further will cause a backlash. Better to have one really polished product now with two other highly polished products down the road than to have all three in one package past the point where people would care.

Again they could release a shorter campaign and extend them through an expansion like they did in SC1. I keep repeating this.

For a person who has been gaming on the PC since Diablo, you sure are complaining quite a bit about a PC game with two planned expansions.

I see it differently. As a long time PC gamer i'm offended that blizzard would try to push this business model on us and try to force us to buy 3 different products to get the same variety as the first. i have no problem with expansion packs.

Redmoonxl2
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
[QUOTE="Maraos"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]With SC1 i could play all three races' campaigns out of the box. I would get all the variety of gameplay thats included in the 3 races campaigns. If i wanted a lengthier campaign i could go out and buy brood war.

mephisto_11

what does this have to do with anything? not everyone cares about the longer campaign. i dont want to play through hours and hours of a single races' campaign and have to buy another game to play the other race. this is ridiculous.

then SC2 is simply not for you. blizzard wants their game to be epic and doesnt really care if you want a lesser experience.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts
I love Blizzard but this is a dick move. What should be one product is now 3 for no particular reason, plus I can only play a terran campaign but am somehow expected to understand and enjoy the zerg and protoss online. Yea, no. I'll be buying this anyway but I'll be grinding my teeth the whole way to and from the store, all 3 times.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

I like the idea of having massive campaigns.

However I like tha variety of campaigns.

Reminds me of DOW or CoH only focusing on one single side, for the campaign.

C4_yourself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 C4_yourself
Member since 2008 • 702 Posts

1 game for the price of 3

What a deal

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="C4_yourself"]

1 game for the price of 3

What a deal

mephisto_11

But its BLIZZARD! They can rape my family if they want!

BLIZZAAAAAAAAARD F YEAH!

There is nothing wrong with not looking forward to Starcraft 2.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Aren't PC games free anyways? ;)
wootasifwoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 wootasifwoot
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts

Stop yourself

kthxbye

Koalakommander

The first starcraft lasted me about 4 days... about 30 mins of single and about 1 hour each for the other 3 days for the multi, total snooze fest, and please, don't come up with that "cause you suck at it" excuse. I just find it a very boring and dull game. Now, as for D3, that looks exciting, I played D2 for about 7 months. I must say, D2 was one of my favorite game on the PC and that is the only franchise from Blizzard that appeals to me, the rest i find em rather boring.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Aren't PC games free anyways? ;)xsubtownerx

Yea, I heard 360 games were free as well. Besthesda would agree with me.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Espada12
Imagine that , 3 non linear campaigns with 90 missions total is going to cost us more. I mean these devs should be fired, they obviously are milking us and not giving us our money's worth. OBVIOUSLY :roll:
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

I think this release method will hamper the multiplayer

I never played it (besides the mods) but it could definitely raise some HELL

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Espada12

I think this release method will hamper the multiplayer

I never played it (besides the mods) but it could definitely raise some HELL

krunkfu2

I am fairly certain it won't. The most the other campaigns my release with is extra MP maps, but I'm pretty sure they will give us the multi with the first terran campaign.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Aren't PC games free anyways? ;)Espada12

Yea, I heard 360 games were free as well. Besthesda would agree with me.

Pretty sure the selection of free PC games serverely out weighs the 360 games. Not to mention RROD can severely damage an illegal 360. But what do i know..