Lets Pretend Killzone 2 is a 360 exclusive...

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChristopherM80
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

I bet anything that this game would be so hyped and talked about that it would have its own sticky until the game was released.. The point is, I dont see how anybody.. No matter how much you hate sony or how much you love the 360 can deny the fact that Killzone 2 looks technically superior compared to any console game to date.. Ok, you can sit there and have doubts about the gameplay but the fact remains that if you watched those Killzone 2 videos and if they where on the 360, oh man the hype would be bigger than it was for Gears back in the day because lets face it.. Killzone 2 looks that good.

Noone can deny that technically the game looks amazing! you can sit there and talk about how the game is so dark and grey and lacks colors all you want but you cant deny that no other dev can make grey and black look so beautiful like Guerilla does with killzone 2 :D I mean honestly.. This game is about gritty, war torn, brutal worlds.. What other color should this game be?!?!

Sure it might be drab and dark but there is no denying that the game looks amazing and looks better than any other console game out currently.. Gears of war is probably one of the most gorgeous games in my opinion and its dark, gritty atmosphere is what makes Gears so good.. Same goes for Killzone 2, its not about the colors its about the atmosphere.. And guerilla is doing a great job of making Killzone 2's atmosphere dark and gritty like it should be..

So just pretend for a second that Killzone 2 was on the 360 and a exclusive.. You 360 owners know good and well you would be hyping this game to the ends of the earth and back, and rubbing it in PS3 owner's faces.. Just admit it..

xkojimax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 xkojimax
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... you, and my own opinion too. how can anyone be so sure of how great killzone 2 is when we haven't seen much?

i'm a 360 owner and nothing else. im loyal to 360 and even if killzone 2 was 360 exclusive, i wouldn't be hyped about it. in fact, the 360 already has exclusives that are better than killzone 2 probably will be.

ATLBIinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ATLBIinger
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
After playing the first, I would only hope a huge budget and time will help this game. I hope
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
It would be on my radar sure. even now i dont doubt its technical achievements.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.
ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChristopherM80

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... you, and my own opinion too. how can anyone be so sure of how great killzone 2 is when we haven't seen much?

i'm a 360 owner and nothing else. im loyal to 360 and even if killzone 2 was 360 exclusive, i wouldn't be hyped about it. in fact, the 360 already has exclusives that are better than killzone 2 probably will be.

xkojimax

xkojimax

Dude honestly, graphically atleast no console game touches Killzone 2. and if your such a loyal 360 fan whats with the Solid snake and Kojima stuff. To bad you wont be able to play MGS4 since your such a 360 Loyal

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
to me it looks like its all flash and no substance. It looks to play exactly the same as KZ1, on top of that the AI is still dumb (previews state this), also, its another FPS.. which ive grown to dislike over the past couple of years.
ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChristopherM80

Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.BioShockOwnz

so you say "hell no" your not hyped for a game but yet your going to buy it?! Hmm ok makes sense i guess

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChristopherM80
LMAO i guarantee you 360 fans would be hyping Killzone 2 to the ends of the earth if it was a 360 exclusive. My God, if you hype little stuff like GTA IV having exclusive content, exclusive content you have to pay extra money for might i add.. I can just imagine the Killzone 2 hype if this was on the 360 instead of the PS3.. Why is it so hard to admit?! Here, ill admit that if Ninja Gaiden 2 was on the PS3 only i would be hyping it because it looks awesome. There, im secure enough to say a 360 exclusive looks awesome. I own both systems but thats not the point. The point is, before I owned a 360 and i only owned a PS3, I praised Gears of war so much and eventually bought a 360 for Gears. Im humble enough to admit if a game on another platform looks impressive
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.ChristopherM80

so you say "hell no" your not hyped for a game but yet your going to buy it?! Hmm ok makes sense i guess

Do I have to get hyped for every game I buy? :|

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BioShockOwnz

LMAO i guarantee you 360 fans would be hyping Killzone 2 to the ends of the earth if it was a 360 exclusive. My God, if you hype little stuff like GTA IV having exclusive content, exclusive content you have to pay extra money for might i add.. I can just imagine the Killzone 2 hype if this was on the 360 instead of the PS3.. Why is it so hard to admit?! Here, ill admit that if Ninja Gaiden 2 was on the PS3 only i would be hyping it because it looks awesome. There, im secure enough to say a 360 exclusive looks awesome. I own both systems but thats not the point. The point is, before I owned a 360 and i only owned a PS3, I praised Gears of war so much and eventually bought a 360 for Gears. Im humble enough to admit if a game on another platform looks impressive ChristopherM80

Nope. Most people here consider me a lem. I own a PS3. I'm not hyped. Feel free to send me a message on PSN if you don't believe me and I'll confirm it's me. ID is in my sig. Why would anyone be hypedfor a sequel to a flop?

Avatar image for stophatinonprey
stophatinonprey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stophatinonprey
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.ChristopherM80

i agree why would you buy a game your not hyped for?

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
As a PC gamer I must say I will love to have my hands on Killzone 2 and GT5 as well. Them games looks great and promising.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.stophatinonprey

Why would you get hyped for every game? You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

stophatinonprey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stophatinonprey
[QUOTE="stophatinonprey"][QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.BioShockOwnz

Why would you get hyped for every game? You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

i dont understand the point of buying a game if your not excited about it. renting yes but not 60+ dollars

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BioShockOwnz

i dont understand the point of buying a game if your not excited about it. renting yes but not 60+ dollarsstophatinonprey

Why can't you just buy games and enjoy them? Why hype yourself up for everything in life, because we're destined to fall short, just like these games. When you hype something up so high, then it has very high expectations to meet, then you're disappointed and wanting your $60 back because it didn't live up to your hype. Don't hype, enjoy games. It's much better.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
I think if KZ2 is an exclusive to any system (PC or 360), it would be hyped to no limit, you want proof, remember what happend in E3, E3 2007= Killzone 2.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
If Killzone 2 was on the 360, lems would hype it, cows would bash it. It is just the way fanboys minds work
stophatinonprey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stophatinonprey

[QUOTE="stophatinonprey"]i dont understand the point of buying a game if your not excited about it. renting yes but not 60+ dollarsBioShockOwnz

Why can't you just buy games and enjoy them? Why hype yourself up for everything in life, because we're destined to fall short, just like these games. When you hype something up so high, then it has very high expectations to meet, then you're disappointed and wanting your $60 back because it didn't live up to your hype. Don't hype, enjoy games. It's much better.

you can enjoy a 5 dollar rental and keep 55 dollars for something your hyped for. i dont like wasting my money. do you buy every game that comes out?

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="stophatinonprey"]i dont understand the point of buying a game if your not excited about it. renting yes but not 60+ dollarsBioShockOwnz

Bioshockowns why are you trying to ruin this guy experience for what he likes? Dont be a emo man and lay off. Hell keep them depressed ignorant comments to yourself and let this guy do what he enjoys doing.
100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 100Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts
no thanks. cows can keep their trash
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
After playing through the entire 1st Killzone, I'm surprised that I'm at least giving this game a chance. The 1st was a complete failure, every part of it, except the bad guys, they were alright, untill you realise there's only 2-3 different types of enemies in the game.
ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChristopherM80
[QUOTE="stophatinonprey"][QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.BioShockOwnz

Im very picky when it comes to paying $60.00 for a game, i better be HYPED in order to justify my $60.00 purchase. I dont know about you, but I work hard for my money and if im spending $60.00 or more i better be hyped for that game or im not buying

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="stophatinonprey"]i dont understand the point of buying a game if your not excited about it. renting yes but not 60+ dollarsOoSuperMarioO

Bioshockowns why are you trying to ruin this guy experience for what he likes? Dont be a emo man and lay off. Hell keep them depressed ignorant comments to yourself and let this guy do what he enjoys doing.

Take your own advice. He's telling me I have to be hyped for something to buy it....:| Um, no. I can enjoy games for $60 and not be hyped one bit,

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BioShockOwnz

Im very picky when it comes to paying $60.00 for a game, i better be HYPED in order to justify my $60.00 purchase. I dont know about you, but I work hard for my money and if im spending $60.00 or more i better be hyped for that game or im not buyingChristopherM80

Oh, I can write games off every year. :)

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChristopherM80

. LOL, seriously according to your theory why be "Hyped" for anything worth being hyped about in life.. thats just like saying Hugh Hefner is treating you to a free paid vacation to the bahamas with playboy models and you saying "Ill go but doesnt mean im hyped about it" bottom line is, if you do anything willingly or because you want to, why not be hyped for it lol in other words. WHy waste $60.00 for a game that you just feel "So so" about and not actually hyped about. Unless your filthy rich and because you can

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I was probaly one of the Few who really liked KZ 1 and thought it was awesome. THe Game looked VERY GOOD for the time. I just hope they learned from the First one and they make it awesome, espeacially Multiplayer, which was garbage on PS2.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="stophatinonprey"]i dont understand the point of buying a game if your not excited about it. renting yes but not 60+ dollarsChristopherM80

. LOL, seriously according to your theory why be "Hyped" for anything worth being hyped about in life.. thats just like saying Hugh Hefner is treating you to a free paid vacation to the bahamas with playboy models and you saying "Ill go but doesnt mean im hyped about it" bottom line is, if you do anything willingly or because you want to, why not be hyped for it lol in other words. WHy waste $60.00 for a game that you just feel "So so" about and not actually hyped about. Unless your filthy rich and because you can

Bingo!

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="stophatinonprey"]i dont understand the point of buying a game if your not excited about it. renting yes but not 60+ dollarsChristopherM80

there are more levels of anticipation than "hyped" and feeling "so so" about something.

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
ok here... im a 360 fan and i think killzone 2 looks cool:|... there make you feel any better? fanboys are fanboys there is nothing you can say to geth through to them.....
blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 blues3531
Member since 2005 • 2632 Posts

Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.BioShockOwnz

heres what you don't understand. people aren't hyping it because its the sequel to killzone. theyre hyping it becauase the game looks GOOD (by looks good i dont mean just graphics)

MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
If it was on the 360 it would still be the sequel to a mediocre game. It'd be another one of the nameless dozens of shooters on the system. Its like asking, "What is Shadowrun 2 was on the PS3". A few people would be interested, but the first game was kinda sucky. You'd be laughing at people using the term AAA for the sequel.
ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChristopherM80
I disagree with the "buying games just to enjoy them and not being hyped" call me what you will but yes im one of those gamers that if a game gets bad review scores across the board, i dont even bother with it. Like Kane and lynch, i was hyped for that game but after the bad review scores i wont touch it. The reason being is because i find that in the past reviewers are right, everytime i buy games that got bad reviews they where garbage however the games i bought that got great reviews.. Where awesome... Simple as that, in order for me to justify a purchase of a game it has to ATLEAST have a average score on gamerankings or metacritic of 85% or above.. ATLEAST, $60.00 is just too much for games now a days
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Killzone 1 sucked so until the game is out and proves itself, I will say it'll suck.

Lets look at it this way. Shadowrun was for 360 right? WORST game of my life. If there ever was a sequel I would not touch it with a 20 foot pole unless someone who games a lot tells me its worth it. Hell it would have to be like 20 people.

edit: damnit someone used the shadowrun logic 2 posts above me :x

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChristopherM80
[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="stophatinonprey"]i dont understand the point of buying a game if your not excited about it. renting yes but not 60+ dollarsCaseyWegner

there are more levels of anticipation than "hyped" and feeling "so so" about something.

yea but wheres the logic on paying $60.00 plus for a game that you are just "So so" about, its actually contradictory if you ask me at first he says that you will just set yourself up for disappointment if you buy the hyped games, but wouldnt you be setting yourself up for even more disappointment if you buy the "So so" games and spend $60.00 on it unless ofcourse your rich or something

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
[

Im very picky when it comes to paying $60.00 for a game, i better be HYPED in order to justify my $60.00 purchase. I dont know about you, but I work hard for my money and if im spending $60.00 or more i better be hyped for that game or im not buying

ChristopherM80

so you are hyping a game that we barely know about and the developers has yet to prove themselves if you look at killzone 1 and shellshock nam 67. what if the game doesnt end up being what you expect are you still going to get it?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, the previous game in the series (not the spinoff PSP game) flopped, so lets hype the sequel. I'd hope for any fanboy to be conservative with this one. Play the wait and see game before jumpin' the gun. I own a PS3. I'll buy KZ2. Am I hyped for it? Hell no.blues3531

heres what you don't understand. people aren't hyping it because its the sequel to killzone. theyre hyping it becauase the game looks GOOD (by looks good i dont mean just graphics)

Yes, cause we can judge a whole game off of one demo level that showed very little outside of the nice visuals....

blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blues3531
[QUOTE="blues3531"]

Yes, cause we can judge a whole game off of one demo level that showed very little outside of the nice visuals....

i meant from what we've seen of course..

heydawg321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 heydawg321
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
I don't see how people like the TC can be so blind to games like this. Every high profile game looks amazing in trailers and commericials. This sort of reminds me of the Blacksite commercials I see on T.V. The graphics and animation look awesome and I think wow, that game looks incredible. Play the demo however and you realise it's not very good. I'm not saying this is the case with Killzone, but even fanboys who like to fan flames should even consider this before making a post. What I have seen of Killzone 2 looks great. Will that be how the final game is? Will it be the best looking console game? I don't think so personally, but we'll find up. Until than, quotes like, there is no denying that the game looks amazing and looks better than any other console game out currently" don't belong... not even in SW.
ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChristopherM80
[QUOTE="blues3531"]

Thats how i judge most my games i buy. All it took was one demonstartion of Gears of one level and i was sold.. i bought a 360 just for gears before i even read any reviews because of that one demo video i saw.. You would be suprised how powerful just one or two videos of a game can be

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OoSuperMarioO
[QUOTE="blues3531"]

Still havnt change huh bioshock? Infact the demo for Killzone 2 looks promising and I'm more then sure the game will deliver cause it looks that damn good.
blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blues3531
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="blues3531"]

Thats how i judge most my games i buy. All it took was one demonstartion of Gears of one level and i was sold.. i bought a 360 just for gears before i even read any reviews because of that one demo video i saw.. You would be suprised how powerful just one or two videos of a game can be

yes the reason i chose 360 over ps3 was alan wake exclusivity. a few trailers and the premise of the game sold me. of course i get to play all the other great games too :)

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
I am one of the few who actually liked the original Killzone, so I'm pretty excited about Killzone 2.
blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blues3531

I am one of the few who actually liked the original Killzone, so I'm pretty excited about Killzone 2.Einhanderkiller

einhander was awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-6354e904ebeeb
deactivated-6354e904ebeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 deactivated-6354e904ebeeb
Member since 2004 • 1790 Posts
I didn't read anything you wrote but, I just do not see why people are so excited about this game. The first one was hyped to hell and went to hell after it was released. I just can not care for this game, I would laugh if the same thing happened this time around.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts
If KZ2 was on the 360, I would say the its the worst game ever. But since its a PS3 exclusive, its a must buy for me!
blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blues3531

If KZ2 was on the 360, I would say the its the worst game ever. But since its a PS3 exclusive, its a must buy for me!Rikusaki

man idk whether or not to take u seriously anymore

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

xkojimax

eah because u would know since killzone 2 is out already, lol. Killzone is going to be amazing and sorry lemmings but if u dont a ps3 then u cant play it. Stop being a cheap ass and buy a ps3 aswell. :P

treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="ChristopherM80"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

yea but wheres the logic on paying $60.00 plus for a game that you are just "So so" about, its actually contradictory if you ask me at first he says that you will just set yourself up for disappointment if you buy the hyped games, but wouldnt you be setting yourself up for even more disappointment if you buy the "So so" games and spend $60.00 on it unless ofcourse your rich or something

trying reading the post first ... he says different levels, yet YOU only talk about one to try to make a point.

also if you end up not liking a game you can always sell it (thus throwing away the $60 argument , making it more like a long rental)

one last thing... why is everyone attacking BioShockOwnz its his money not yours?