Lets end this Halo 3 graphic debate RIGHT NOW!!! Come in and get SCHOOLED!!!

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sloughy07
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE PLEEAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE gain some knowledge about online gaming PLEASE. If you think these graphics blow for an online game well you need some real SCHOOLING in this world of online gaming.

You see there is a thing called BANDWITH. Lets say it again BANDWITH!!!. You se the more a developer pumps up the graphics with a lot going on there is a concern and a cause for LAG lets say this againg LAG!!!

Ok at the present time the internet connections can not PERMIT much more in terms of graphics for online becuase the more the graphics are pumped up the more there has to be pushed through the internet PIPELINE.

So what have we learned here. That by all means the Single player portion of Halo 3 is going to look FREAKING SICK!!! And as for the online GREATNESS these graphics look pretty DAM GOOD PERIOD for what can be pushed through the network at the moment. 

(Bubble shield lol)

Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sloughy07

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE PLEEAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE gain some knowledge about online gaming PLEASE. If you think these graphics blow for an online game well you need some real SCHOOLING in this world of online gaming.

You see there is a thing called BANDWITH. Lets say it again BANDWITH!!!. You se the more a developer pumps up the graphics with a lot going on there is a concern and a cause for LAG lets say this againg LAG!!!

Ok at the present time the internet connections can not PERMIT much more in terms of graphics for online becuase the more the graphics are pumped up the more there has to be pushed through the internet PIPELINE.

So what have we learned here. That by all means the Single player portion of Halo 3 is going to look FREAKING SICK!!! And as for the online GREATNESS these graphics look pretty DAM GOOD PERIOD for what can be pushed through the network at the moment. 

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;images

Sloughy07
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
The graphics look fine. People should shut up bout the graphics because they know that GS will give them a 9 in the review.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

The graphics look fine. People should shut up bout the graphics because they know that GS will give them a 9 in the review.DA_B0MB

Everyone who thinks the graphics look like Halo 2 should put on bets about leaving SW forever. If the GS review says the graphis look like Halo2 or a mappack for it or very close to Halo2 then Halo 3 supporters leave however if they say it looks good then all those who say it looks like Halo2 and that's that should leave.

Hahaha I'm sure they won't bet that cause we all know it looks way better than Halo 2 already 

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
Omg... Your just rambling about random factors... Now if you take into account that it's a BETA, you have yourself an argument. Maybe the fact that they need to be worrying aboot running 16 games simultaneously... Well, you see where I'm going with this "logic" and all...
arabi_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 arabi_89
Member since 2006 • 1299 Posts
TC is this an excuse for Halo 3's Graphics Flopage ?
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
I was too busy having fun to judge anything, sorry...
karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts

Who cares if it is fun?

You all sound like casuals. 

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
I think I realised something after playing the beta yesterday. Halo 3's graphics are all right, but the real problem is the artwork. Everything looks a bit cartoony and I think it's the reason why people say it doesn't look too good. Well at least it's MY problem with the graphics.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23053 Posts

Graphics aren't pushed through the internet. The only way more advanced graphics would affect the bandwidth limitation is if individual pieces of shrapnel caused damage as the location, path, and velocity of each piece of shrapnel would need to be passed through the network. However, I believe most online games still use a blast radius for this sort of thing. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That being said. I don't really care what the graphics look like, good or bad. 

Manchildshafes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Manchildshafes
Member since 2005 • 1504 Posts
The beta is alot of fun, but you can't honestly say the graphics are great.  However they aren't as bad as people act like they are.
santeri_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 santeri_15
Member since 2005 • 522 Posts

Graphics aren't pushed through the internet. The only way more advanced graphics would affect the bandwidth limitation is if individual pieces of shrapnel caused damage as the location, path, and velocity of each piece of shrapnel would need to be passed through the network. However, I believe most online games still use a blast radius for this sort of thing. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That being said. I don't really care what the graphics look like, good or bad. 

mattbbpl

Exactly. Graphical assets are all client based, and don't need to be sent through the network to other players. Physics however do, as well as information on what the other players are doing, etc.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Crunchman

Who cares if it is fun?

karicha9

So, "Casual" is a bad thing...

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kcpp2b

I think I realised something after playing the beta yesterday. Halo 3's graphics are all right, but the real problem is the artwork. Everything looks a bit cartoony and I think it's the reason why people say it doesn't look too good. Well at least it's MY problem with the graphics.Timesplitter14

You're obviously not a fan of Halo if you complain about that. That's the style and look of the game. It's like with Mario Galaxy. I think it looks great but another person might say it looks too colorful and not be a fan of the series. Well you don't get the series pretty much since you don't already like it so ofcourse you will think the art style sucks. That and because you just wanna bash Halo like you did in your own thread 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kcpp2b

TC is this an excuse for Halo 3's Graphics Flopage ?arabi_89

:roll:  *sigh*

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

Graphics aren't pushed through the internet.

mattbbpl
Correct. The only thing being exchanged by the clients is player location, movement and damage data.
Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sloughy07

Anyone who says the graphics are bad for an online game is cleary not in touch with online gaming reality.

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Timesplitter14

[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think I realised something after playing the beta yesterday. Halo 3's graphics are all right, but the real problem is the artwork. Everything looks a bit cartoony and I think it's the reason why people say it doesn't look too good. Well at least it's MY problem with the graphics.kcpp2b

You're obviously not a fan of Halo if you complain about that. That's the style and look of the game. It's like with Mario Galaxy. I think it looks great but another person might say it looks too colorful and not be a fan of the series. Well you don't get the series pretty much since you don't already like it so ofcourse you will think the art style sucks. That and because you just wanna bash Halo like you did in your own thread 

lol yeah... go back to Lemmingland.

First, I never bash without reasons and I don't hate any console, so I'm not a fanboy.

Second, you are sooooo close minded. Try to read my last thread carefully. I'm not even bashing Halo

Thrid, errr... so if I'm not a Halo fan I can't... know if I like the artwork? What? What kind of argument is that? I just don't like the artwork and that's all, except if you refuse all other opinions like you did yesterday...

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

THANK U I IZ LERNED!

Basically, ok. 

karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts
[QUOTE="karicha9"]

Who cares if it is fun?

JLuke360

So, "Casual" is a bad thing...

alright, bad choice of word.  "Passive gamer" better?

I think you know my meaning.  If you're going to judge games solely on graphics, how can you possibly really enjoy them for what they are intended, as interactive entertainment?  Most of us here keep up with gaming news, play more games than most, educate ourselves on many technical aspects of gaming.

yet to reduce ones self to view games only in terms of graphics?  It's an insult to what we all stand for. 

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts

I think I realised something after playing the beta yesterday. Halo 3's graphics are all right, but the real problem is the artwork. Everything looks a bit cartoony and I think it's the reason why people say it doesn't look too good. Well at least it's MY problem with the graphics.Timesplitter14

Halo has always had a cartoony look to it. It's the Halo art style, and I'm happy that Bungie stood by it. Look at the color pallet, all you see are bright purples, bright greens, bright oranges. It's Halo. 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think I realised something after playing the beta yesterday. Halo 3's graphics are all right, but the real problem is the artwork. Everything looks a bit cartoony and I think it's the reason why people say it doesn't look too good. Well at least it's MY problem with the graphics.Timesplitter14

First, I never bash without reasons and I don't hate any console, so I'm not a fanboy.

Second, you are sooooo close minded. Try to read my last thread carefully. I'm not even bashing Halo

Thrid, errr... so if I'm not a Halo fan I can't... know if I like the artwork? What? What kind of argument is that? I just don't like the artwork and that's all, except if you refuse all other opinions like you did yesterday...

If you aren't a Halo fan you most likely will hate or dislike the artwork and if you already do then how you can you fairly judge Halo 3?

I don't like FF games and their gameplay at all. So I would never judge a new FF game and it's gameplay cause I will obviously be bias to hating it even before I try a new game. Same way I was with RV6 until I played it and was like wow...now this I can play.

And I'm not a Lemming either although I'm sure you want me to be.

And I find it funny you say you're not bashing it yet you say the number one thing said in these forums to bash Halo 3 that's been said 9230293239283203983098 times. "Halo 3 looks like Halo 2"

Apparently you asked if it was Halo 2 when you first saw it at your friends house. I'm sure you said that be fair and honest and not to bash... sure buddy 

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think I realised something after playing the beta yesterday. Halo 3's graphics are all right, but the real problem is the artwork. Everything looks a bit cartoony and I think it's the reason why people say it doesn't look too good. Well at least it's MY problem with the graphics.project343

Halo has always had a cartoony look to it. It's the Halo art style, and I'm happy that Bungie stood by it. Look at the color pallet, all you see are bright purples, bright greens, bright oranges. It's Halo.

Yea but now its in High Def the Orange & Pink Masterchiefs hurt my eyes :cry: 

Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts
the lighting effects for the weapons, and actual characters models look fantastic. but anybody who thinks that the actual environment itself is mindblowing, needs to get their vision checked.
Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Crunchman
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think I realised something after playing the beta yesterday. Halo 3's graphics are all right, but the real problem is the artwork. Everything looks a bit cartoony and I think it's the reason why people say it doesn't look too good. Well at least it's MY problem with the graphics.kcpp2b

Second, you are sooooo close minded. Try to read my last thread carefully. I'm not even bashing Halo

If you aren't a Halo fan you most likely will hate or dislike the artwork and if you already do then how you can you fairly judge Halo 3?

I don't like FF games and their gameplay at all. So I would never judge a new FF game and it's gameplay cause I will obviously be bias to hating it even before I try a new game. Same way I was with RV6 until I played it and was like wow...now this I can play.

And I find it funny you say you're not bashing it yet you say the number one thing said in these forums to bash Halo 3 that's been said 9230293239283203983098 times. "Halo 3 looks like Halo 2"

Apparently you asked if it was Halo 2 when you first saw it at your friends house. I'm sure you said that be fair and honest and not to bash... sure buddy

I would join this conversation with a meaningful post, however, I'm using an on-screen keyboard. 

Evil-Zero86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Evil-Zero86
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

I think it is....

Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think I realised something after playing the beta yesterday. Halo 3's graphics are all right, but the real problem is the artwork. Everything looks a bit cartoony and I think it's the reason why people say it doesn't look too good. Well at least it's MY problem with the graphics.Timesplitter14

I think you'd like the artwork in the single player campaign. Some areas have color palette not seen in halo before, someone who saw 17 seconds said it looked similar to New Caprica from BSG[spoiler]  [/spoiler]
BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts

(Bubble shield lol)

Sloughy07

They have these things called servers, lets say it together now "SERVERS" that blow your post to the weeds where 40 or more players on pc with better graphics happens daily also the ps3's resistance uses "SERVERS" unlike the p2p live. So what have we learned today servers >>>>> p2p and they have nothing to do with graphics unless the gpu is not up to the task then your fps would suffer.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It has been improved over Halo 2. The resolution alone increases the detail quite significantly. But anyone still has to admit the game does not look fantastic compared to other games out and coming out. Halo 3 was hyped for graphics and gameplay and now only for the gameplay.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts
Umm you do know the graphics on the screen haven't got much to do with internet lag right? Lag because of how great the graphics are is usually because the GPU can't handle it that well, lag in internet games occur because of: Poor netcoding, poor internet connection from either your, or the host's side.
leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts

They don't look atrocious, but I expected better, as it stands the worst things are the sound, jaggies, and animation jerking when you are dead, though I expect only the animation problems to be fixed.

And don't try to bull me with "sick graffixxs" because on a HDTV they suck as it stands, GEoW looks better, but I could care less, I prefer RainbowSix to both.

BTBAM127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BTBAM127
Member since 2006 • 2522 Posts
ok well i havent played gears many times and iv only played once online and to me  the game looked exacly like single player graphic wise. maybe a tiny bit worse.....
leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 leejohnson7

ok well i havent played gears many times and iv only played once online and to me  the game looked exacly like single player graphic wise. maybe a tiny bit worse.....BTBAM127

They are probably the same, as somebody else has already pointed out, the 360 calculates all the graphics alone, the lag only occurs with bad coding and poor connections.

Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sloughy07
[QUOTE="Sloughy07"]

(Bubble shield lol)

BrooklynBomber

They have these things called servers, lets say it together now "SERVERS" that blow your post to the weeds where 40 or more players on pc with better graphics happens daily also the ps3's resistance uses "SERVERS" unlike the p2p live. So what have we learned today servers >>>>> p2p and they have nothing to do with graphics unless the gpu is not up to the task then your fps would suffer.

The fact that you even mentiond Ressistance voids your opions with me.

Look at the Textures in Ressistance they could have 100 ppl running around with those PS1 grade textures.

2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

Also an online shooter, looks better...

Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sloughy07
[QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"][QUOTE="Sloughy07"]

And also if you guys have not heard Halo 3 is going to have 4player online coop. Yes you heard it right 4PLAYER online COOP!!! So yes it will look great why playing that like Gears Of War does.

But once you step up to more players and physics they need to tone things down some becuae they know not everyone will be running real fast cable.

All it takes is some kid running mommy and daddy low grade 768k DSL garbage and BAM game is LAG CITY. So to help with this they tweak things to run as smooth as possible in these bigger games.

(Bubble shield lol)

Sloughy07

Look at the Textures in Ressistance they could have 100 ppl running around with those PS1 grade textures.

santeri_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 santeri_15
Member since 2005 • 522 Posts

Sloughy07

That's besides the point. Although Halo 3 really doesn't look as bad as some people are saying it does, your argument is inaccurate, because graphical information is not sent to other players in games.

Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sloughy07

And also if you guys have not heard Halo 3 is going to have 4player online coop. Yes you heard it right 4PLAYER online COOP!!! So yes it will look great why playing that like Gears Of War does.

But once you step up to more players and physics they need to tone things down some becuae they know not everyone will be running real fast cable.

All it takes is some kid running mommy and daddy low grade 768k DSL garbage and BAM game is LAG CITY. So to help with this they tweak things to run as smooth as possible in these bigger games.

(Bubble shield lol)

Sloughy07

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Timesplitter14
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

I think you're a bit mixed up. If you're a fan of Halo, it means you judged it BEFORE becoming a fan and it also means you like it... so you judge BEFORE, and if you like it you become a fan...

If you don't like FF, then you just don't like it and you say it. If only FF fans would have the right to judge it, that wouldn't make sense because they would all like it. See?

I have my own opinion on Halo 3 beta ind I think it looks way too much like Halo 2 (not graphically) and it also looks too cartoony for my liking. This is my honest opinion and you should just accept it, like I accept yours

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts

(Bubble shield lol)

Sloughy07

YESH!!! TEH "BANDWITH."  Why hasn't anyone thought of this before!?  BANDWITH.
BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts

(Bubble shield lol)

Sloughy07

The textures have nothing to do with the amount of players online lol the graphics have nothing to do with the network code or your internet provider or the games online network.

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 leejohnson7

(Bubble shield lol)

Sloughy07

Seriously, guys, atm halo doesnt look better than resistance, and is filled with jaggies. A long way away from those E3 "realtime" screens from the trailer. And even for single player, the graphical differences will be marginal, as you need more and more power to get at most half better. That means peeps that the nextbox and ps4 will have even less differences than the current gen consoles do to the xbox and ps2. Thats because people can only see details when the look for them, but its not like 2d to 3d is a small detail now is it?

IPQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IPQ
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

Dude...xbox360 fun boys just want to hide the fact the halo3 graphics will suck

by saying that graphics dont matter  or saying things like in things like in this

forum.....

ZuljinRaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 ZuljinRaynor
Member since 2005 • 1310 Posts

(Bubble shield lol)

Sloughy07

Erm, that's wrong.  I can max out my graphics on my PC game and lag because my computer can't manage to process all the info while someone else can.  My bandwidth doesn't do a thing.  All you get through your connection is what the game must show and stuff.  If your settings are low then you still recieve the data for the explosion except you computer shows it nicely if you have high settings or simply if you have low settings.

The only thing being pushes is data.  If graphics were being pushed then everyone would always lag.  The reason in MP games graphics should be set lower is because of Frame Rate and lots of people playing at the same time.  You have to be in sync so the CPU works more and Frame Rate can drop.

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts

well you're right and wrong.

All graphics are rendered locally.  The internet is used to send coordinates of action.  For example where is Player1 at and where is his bullet going.  It doesn't send the entire character model via the Internet.  This is why many games don't allow over 20 people to play at once.  The fewer the players the more likely lag won't be an issue.

Now as far as having more stuff going on...yes lag is a factor there.  For example, allowing everyone to have huge explosive granades with splash damage.  Halo 3 has that and allows for it but mainly because it has so few people playing at one time.  In many games like Graw they allow you to turn off explosions as this decreases the lag factor.

Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

I don't think anyone's gonna be talking afer they saw the thread with the screenshots. Those look great.

e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts
halflife 2 mutliplayer looks better then halo3's single player lol
Gnr_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gnr_Helsing
Member since 2004 • 1602 Posts

Halo 3 has some of the best graphics I've seen in gaming since Gears of War.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Bandwidth has nothing to do with graphics. Those are rendered client side. The only thing that could conceivablly affect internet lag is physics, which seem to be in the minority in Halo 3 from my experience.