Let Me Clear My Throat - PSN games vs XBL games

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS_Commander
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

So let me get this straight lemmings.. you all are getting excited over an arcade game that scored a 9.5 which is a great score. But xbl arcade games still do not compare with the larger, more graphicly superior, intuitive and most important gameplay PSN games. Let me tell you why larger Warhawk, Socom, Siren, WipeOut HD, Tekken DR and many more. graphically superior you say? Socom, Siren, and R&C Quest for Booty. Yes intuitive PixelJunk Eden, Flower, Echocrome, Pain, The Last Guy and Fat Princess. Gameplay well there is SuperStar Dust HD, we know R&C QfB, Socom, Warhawk, and PixelJunk Monsters all have great game play.

That shows what PSN can offer you.. what does XBL offer Braid and GeW 1-2 (2) great games compared to the above not close if you ask me.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
They're both have great offerings, it's kinda lame all these "Braid 9.5" threads and what not.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
XBL will have Banjo 64 soon. Banjo>Everything on PSN now and in the future. End of Topic.
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts
XBL has Psychonauts, I think that pretty much ends this thread.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carljohnson3456

XBL will have Banjo 64 soon. Banjo>Everything on PSN now and in the future. End of Topic.Kratos_OMEGA

And the PSN has alot of PS1 games... including all the Crash Bandicoots, Twisted Metal, Spyro, etc...

How does one N64 game beat out an entire library's worth of PSN games? It doesnt. And nothing on the PSN beats out an entire library of XBL titles.

PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PS_Commander

XBL will have Banjo 64 soon. Banjo>Everything on PSN now and in the future. End of Topic.Kratos_OMEGA

I dont think so the new and improved R&C quest for booty will out do the fugly graphics of banjo.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 carljohnson3456

XBL has Psychonauts, I think that pretty much ends this thread. kaealy

lol How so??? I dont get how people are using this logic of "One game > every game on PSN". :roll:

PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PS_Commander

XBL has Psychonauts, I think that pretty much ends this thread. kaealy

Thats 3 great xbl games still not close.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
Warhawk, Siren, Socom, R&C =/= arcade games.
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

[QUOTE="kaealy"]XBL has Psychonauts, I think that pretty much ends this thread. carljohnson3456

lol How so??? I dont get how people are using this logic of "One game > every game on PSN". :roll:

I can't do anything but to assume that you and PS_commander hasn't played Psychonauts before.

PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PS_Commander

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]They're both have great offerings, it's kinda lame all these "Braid 9.5" threads and what not.excelR83

You can tell they're still stinging from MGS4. Suddenly it's like YEAH BIZNATCH, XBLA FTW I DON'T EVEN PLAY DISC-BASED GAMES THEY'RE A THING OF THE PAST! WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT IS WHAT'S AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!

Ugh this place is just INFESTED with lemming fanboys today. I'm going to come back in 2 days when they are all suspended.

Lemmings are stinging and they have to revive there MOJO haha so they bring out the xbl arcade games talk about scraping the bottom of a barrel.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]They're both have great offerings, it's kinda lame all these "Braid 9.5" threads and what not.excelR83

You can tell they're still stinging from MGS4. Suddenly it's like YEAH BIZNATCH, XBLA FTW I DON'T EVEN PLAY DISC-BASED GAMES THEY'RE A THING OF THE PAST! WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT IS WHAT'S AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!

Ugh this place is just INFESTED with lemming fanboys today. I'm going to come back in 2 days when they are all suspended.

I mean were you not here when MGS4 came out, how many locked threads where there that day? :? Every fanboy does the same thing.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

excelR83

Even for someone such as myself that has a high tolerance for lemming fanboy stupidity has reached my limit with all of the Braid nonsense. The game isn't that good. At least with MGS 4 you could understand all of the chest-beating...But a slightly above average platformer with a gameplay mechanic ripped off from Prince of Persia?

PLEASE.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

[QUOTE="kaealy"]XBL has Psychonauts, I think that pretty much ends this thread. kaealy

I can't do anything but to assume that you and PS_commander hasn't played Psychonauts before.

I havent, and I'm sure it's great... but I've played alot of great games in my life and never once considered one game cancelling out another... let alone an entire library.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="excelR83"]

heretrix

Even for someone such as myself that has a high tolerance for lemming fanboy stupidity has reached my limit with all of the Braid nonsense. The game isn't that good. At least with MGS 4 you could understand all of the chest-beating...But a slightly above average platformer with a gameplay mechanic ripped off from Prince of Persia?

PLEASE.

Oh so what you are saying is it is ok for Cows because that was a game you could understand, but because this is game you don't care for its not ok.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
They're both great but it definitely seems like Sony is moving towards full games on PSN which is great.
ComBaTsOuL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ComBaTsOuL
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts
[QUOTE="kaealy"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

[QUOTE="kaealy"]XBL has Psychonauts, I think that pretty much ends this thread. carljohnson3456

I havent, and I'm sure it's great... but I've played alot of great games in my life and never once considered one game cancelling out another... let alone an entire library.

who is the girl in your sig??

hmmm she looks familiar....

PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PS_Commander
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="excelR83"]

xscrapzx

PLEASE.

Oh so what you are saying is it is ok for Cows because that was a game you could understand, but because this is game you don't care for its not ok.

Your making it harder on you're self he said the game is not good.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
They're both brilliant and have some really great games to offer, I feel sorry for the people that can't get online with their consoles.
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

All I know is that XBLA has a ton of games that appeal to me for the "quick fix" that typifies my gaming life these days.

Assault Heroes 1+2

GW 1+2

Marble Blast Ultra

MK3

Castlevania SOTN

Puzzle Quest

Heavy Weapon

N+

Prince of Persia

Alien Homonid

...can't wait for Castle Crashers! (gotta love the TMNT gameplay). Haven't tried Braid yet but looks fun.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="kaealy"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

[QUOTE="kaealy"]XBL has Psychonauts, I think that pretty much ends this thread. ComBaTsOuL

who is the girl in your sig??

hmmm she looks familiar....

Ellen Page... she was in Juno and X-Men: The Last Stand... there's more, but those are her biggest films.

She is greatness. :lol:

tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
Your throat must have been full of bullcrap... :)beatzfreak69
I agree. XBL has a thousand times better community, not only because people play it, but also because everyone on XBL isn't some immature fourty year old.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="excelR83"]

PS_Commander

PLEASE.

I don't know how I'm making it harder on myself at all like that make sense :?. I know he clearly doesn't like it, but to say you can understand the chest-beating with MGS4 is being a hyprocrite.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 carljohnson3456

[QUOTE="beatzfreak69"]Your throat must have been full of bullcrap... :)tktomo01
I agree. XBL has a thousand times better community, not only because people play it, but also because everyone on XBL isn't some immature fourty year old.

Is that the new argument to counter the constant 12 year old ranters who say some of most vile stuff I've ever heard on XBL?

I've never heard an immature 40 year old on PSN... mainly just kids, much like Live... only not as bad... but still bad enough.

Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ek-Andy
Member since 2006 • 1930 Posts

"XBL has Psychonauts, I think that pretty much ends this thread. "

Actually you can download Physchonaughts for free off of Gametap, if you sign up for a fee account. You can even use your 360 controller as the controller. Personally I don't like Live Arcade, but lets not forget there are well more than 3 good games on XBLA, including the (suposedly) superior version of Puzzle Quest.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xscrapzx

[QUOTE="tktomo01"][QUOTE="beatzfreak69"]Your throat must have been full of bullcrap... :)carljohnson3456

Is that the new argument to counter the constant 12 year old ranters who say some of most vile stuff I've ever heard on XBL?

I've never heard an immature 40 year old on PSN... mainly just kids, much like Live... only not as bad... but still bad enough.

He should know that any online service is going to have a group of annoying and immature people.

DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
They're both good. Can people stop comparing and nit picking every little stupid detail about both services and just enjoy the f'in games!
PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PS_Commander

[QUOTE="beatzfreak69"]Your throat must have been full of bullcrap... :)tktomo01

Well fellow gamers lemmings are now bringing community as there greatest asset its not games no more.. whats next?

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

They're both good.DJCUEBALL

Live has 17 games rated higher than 8. PSN has 3.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

[QUOTE="tktomo01"][QUOTE="beatzfreak69"]Your throat must have been full of bullcrap... :)xscrapzx

He should know that any online service is going to have a group of annoying and immature people.

lol Pretty much. There is a little difference in the services though...

On XBL these Scottish guys started calling me a "redneck American" whereas on the PSN these other Scottish guys started calling me a "yankee American". lol.

Some of the stuff you hear on there can really make your blood boil.

PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PS_Commander

They're both good. Can people stop comparing and nit picking every little stupid detail about both services and just enjoy the f'in games!DJCUEBALL

This here topic is that xbl games can not compare to PSN games because PSN games provide a much larger, graphically..well you read my topic its all there with reasons.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

for $14.99 on PSN, you can get Ratchet & Clant : Quest for Booty, that offers full next gen graphics, visuals, animations, gameplay, and 3 - 4 hours of gameplay.

while for $14.99 on XBLA, you can get Braid, great 2D platformer, great puzzles, great music.

everybody choose one.

PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PS_Commander

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]They're both good.gensigns

Thats because they are being rated as full fledged games which is not imo fair.

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KingTuttle

for $14.99 on PSN, you can get Ratchet & Clant : Quest for Booty, that offers full next gen graphics, visuals, animations, gameplay, and 3 - 4 hours of gameplay.

while for $14.99 on XBLA, you can get Braid, great 2D platformer, great puzzles, great music.

everybody choose one.

xxThyLordxx

I don't like the trend in price increases...$10 and under is what attracted me.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

[QUOTE="tktomo01"][QUOTE="beatzfreak69"]Your throat must have been full of bullcrap... :)carljohnson3456

On XBL these Scottish guys started calling me a "redneck American" whereas on the PSN these other Scottish guys started calling me a "yankee American". lol.

LOL, there is definately a diverse of name calling on XBL.

Ya definately there are lots of things that are said on there that there isn't any need for. Especially when you do have younger "good" kids that are on there that really don't need to hear that. I tell if I was some of these kids father they would get their ass beat for talking the way do.

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
If the TC is going to count retail games that are also available as download, I guess we can start counting Halo CE as an XBLA game then right? Shut the hell up with those retail/dd games as psn titles.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="gensigns"]

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]They're both good.PS_Commander

I do have to wonder how many of those games are actually remakes from older titles, like TMNT arcade, Frogger, etc.

PS_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PS_Commander
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

[QUOTE="tktomo01"][QUOTE="beatzfreak69"]Your throat must have been full of bullcrap... :)xscrapzx

Ya definately there are lots of things that are said on there that there isn't any need for. Especially when you do have younger "good" kids that are on there that really don't need to hear that. I tell if I was some of these kids father they would get their ass beat for talking the way do.

Dude now a days parents are to focused on work trusting those kids and these same kids find a way to sneak that late night playing time and talk smack.

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="gensigns"]

Why do you even think that is the case? So stupid to say XBLA are graded on retail scale while PSN isnt, that is so ignorant. Do retail games get points taken off because of price? Ok then, they are not graded the same. Good try though.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

everybody choose one.

xxThyLordxx
not to be a fanboy, but the gameplay in Braid is different. You played a ratchet game before. You haven't played a game like this.
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gensigns
[QUOTE="gensigns"]

Fair? Thats comparing PS/360 ARCADE titles - it doesn't get any more fair than that!

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KingTuttle

Also, there is no denying how awesome it is that the Wii has the old libraries of multiple awesome systems. This is helpful for people like me that didn't hold on to all of their old legacy systems through the years. I know this is a PSN vs XBLA discussion but I think it deserves note.

I think they need to release the classic Square-Enix titles though...However, I bet this is more SE decision than it is Nintendo.

Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts
I think Siren and R&C being released this month just put PSN ahead.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="PS_Commander"][QUOTE="gensigns"]

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]They're both good.gensigns

Fair? Thats comparing PS/360 ARCADE titles - it doesn't get any more fair than that!

Clearly, they seem to ignore this fact for their own argument, or they are truly dilusional.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="PS_Commander"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="excelR83"]

xscrapzx

PLEASE.

I don't know how I'm making it harder on myself at all like that make sense :?. I know he clearly doesn't like it, but to say you can understand the chest-beating with MGS4 is being a hyprocrite.

No it isn't. MGS 4 is a spectacle. It has ultra high production values and clearly there is no other game out like it. It has been highly anticipated for years and was as good as it was expected it to be. Many doubted it. So after years of waiting with a big payoff, a fair amount of chestbeating is warranted.

Braid isn't anywhere near the city that the MGS 4 ballpark resides in.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

[QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"]XBL will have Banjo 64 soon. Banjo>Everything on PSN now and in the future. End of Topic.PS_Commander

I dont think so the new and improved R&C quest for booty will out do the fugly graphics of banjo.

Banjo 64 will be in HD
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gensigns

I think Siren and R&C being released this month just put PSN ahead.Mongo-Boss

Castle Crashers in 2 weeks > all

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 carljohnson3456

Ya definately there are lots of things that are said on there that there isn't any need for. Especially when you do have younger "good" kids that are on there that really don't need to hear that. I tell if I was some of these kids father they would get their butt beat for talking the way do.

xscrapzx

I hear ya man. I really debate on whether or not I'm going to let my kid play online until he's like 14, lol. I wish they would make a permanent mute button, or completely be able to disable voice chat on the PS3 and 360 for the younger kids. If I was a parent I would really want that.

But yeah, I remember there was this kid who was like 12 who added me on XBox Live... whatever, I didnt mind. He was a good kid, we used to play Gears of War together. And he was like the only kid I ever met on Xbox Live who didnt cuss like a sailor, seriously. I felt bad whenever some guy who was like 30 would get on there and start cussing, it's ridiculous. I mean, no 30 year old would go cussing like a sailor in front of a 12 year old kid in front of their parents, why would you do that on Live?

People like to hide behind the internet too much. And that's why you hear the most vile stuff on Xbox Live and can read some of the worst stuff you've ever read on these forums. :( There is a handful of decent posters out there though... like us. 8)