Lemmings --- Is there one of you who doesn't have an obsession with Halo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Who here doesn't  obsess about teh Halo? This is gonna be strange to hear but here goes lemmings...THERE ARE OTHER GAMES BESIDES TEH HALOZ ! :shock: But what difference does it make right?  Apparently no one EVER gets tired of teh Halo!  Why even release Halo 3 when Halo 2's popularity is ridiculous still?  Also, I've read this a lot from lemmings..."GeOW is great and all, but it is a FILLER b4 Halo 3".  Really?  A 9.6 rated game is just a filler? :lol:

The funniest thing I remember is when I read news reports of Halo 2's overnight popularity.  There were even interviews with a few people...some of them saying "I only bought an Xbox for this game".  :lol:

I've read things in system wars from lemmings..."I won't buy a 360 until teh Haloz 3 arrives!" Yeah, great.  Just forget about ALL THE GREAT GAMES here and now.  Forget about GeOW and its 9.6.  Forget about GRAW.  Forget about Oblivion.  Forza 2 is coming out soon, but who cares??  ALL THAT MATTERS IN LIFE IZ TEH HALO 3! :roll:

I can't help but have animosity toward this game.  I've never had a worse online experience from so many immature brats yelling obsenities in my headset in my life!  Seriously!  There are some of the most vile, racist things said on Xbox Live....ESPECIALLY WHILE PLAYING HALO 2!  Play another game on Live.  Try to find anyone who is NEARLY as mean, vindictive, vile, obsessed, yelling like a banshee, than HALO 2.  There is no other game that causes this kinda immature behavior. 

But, hey...that's ok!  Because Halo is the only FPS to reinvent everything about the genre :lol:

Lemmings and their Halo love :lol:

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
*head explodes* You amaze me...
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Some names are iconic with a property or brand, does that however mean a person who follows the brand is restricted to only that icon?

I love Nintendo, but I'm not one who says I follow devoutedly to Mario games... The main games are great yes, but the others arne't. Do I hype all the mario games to be the best and end all of games? No.

Halo is a great series, and a system seller at the most, it's the "Pokemon" for the Xbox brand. Does it matter or not if you're loyal to Xbox you have to love Halo? No, but hey... why have something against a really great game?

Sony's loyal followers praise GT, and GT is actually Sony's system seller I believe. Selling the most on any Sony platform, no? GoW may be the next icon for the PS brand, but who knows. Sony doesn't really have one, but if they did, would you consider it wrong to?

GUFUdestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GUFUdestroyer
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

Who here doesn't obsess about teh Halo? This is gonna be strange to hear but here goes lemmings...THERE ARE OTHER GAMES BESIDES TEH HALOZ ! :shock: But what difference does it make right? Apparently no one EVER gets tired of teh Halo! Why even release Halo 3 when Halo 2's popularity is ridiculous still? Also, I've read this a lot from lemmings..."GeOW is great and all, but it is a FILLER b4 Halo 3". Really? A 9.6 rated game is just a filler? :lol:

The funniest thing I remember is when I read news reports of Halo 2's overnight popularity. There were even interviews with a few people...some of them saying "I only bought an Xbox for this game". :lol:

I've read things in system wars from lemmings..."I won't buy a 360 until teh Haloz 3 arrives!" Yeah, great. Just forget about ALL THE GREAT GAMES here and now. Forget about GeOW and its 9.6. Forget about GRAW. Forget about Oblivion. Forza 2 is coming out soon, but who cares?? ALL THAT MATTERS IN LIFE IZ TEH HALO 3! :roll:

I can't help but have animosity toward this game. I've never had a worse online experience from so many immature brats yelling obsenities in my headset in my life! Seriously! There are some of the most vile, racist things said on Xbox Live....ESPECIALLY WHILE PLAYING HALO 2! Play another game on Live. Try to find anyone who is NEARLY as mean, vindictive, vile, obsessed, yelling like a banshee, than HALO 2. There is no other game that causes this kinda immature behavior.

But, hey...that's ok! Because Halo is the only FPS to reinvent everything about the genre :lol:

AvIdGaMeR444

The GUFU could use someone like you. 

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts

If you had Halo I'm sure you would share the love, it is a great game. But maybe not I guess

That being said, Forza 2 is very exciting and I will buy it, Mass Effect for sure, to be honest your right I'm still playing Halo 2 on my 360, but I care not b/c it is still fun (sometimes)..

GeoW is overated, yes I said it, it was amazing the first few play thoughs, then the muliplayer was fun for a while, haven't played it in a few months though just doesn't hold my interest anymore.

But yes I am very hyped for Forza 2, and am fairly sure that it will last me though the summer. 

beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts
i owned halo and halo 2 before i brought my 360 i thought both were alright but i much prefer metroid prime on the GC
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
Yayyyy! Another AvidGamer thread that full of nothing but fanboy drivel.  Sorry Avid, while 360 fans usually do love Halo, I think you're just used to having only one good game to play while we have many.  I still do play Halo (online is a blast), but there are several other games that I enjoy.  Additionally, while IMO Halo is one of the best FPS, it wasn't the best, but several aspects of Halo have become commonplace in FPS's today.
Fruity_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fruity_Fantasy
Member since 2007 • 778 Posts
I played the first Halo on the PC and bought the Xbox cause it was a good gaming machine. I could live without Halo but I doubt cows could live without FF or MGS.
GamerRadio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamerRadio
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
In all honesty I couldn't really give a **** about Halo 3. Compared to MGS4.
blurb1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blurb1324
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
Would you be surprised if I told you I hate Halo?
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts
Im not even gonna read the dribble.... I will tell you that I only picked up Halo and Halo 2 in the bragain bin.  I'm not a huge Halo guy... Its an awesome game in doses, I'd rather play KOTOR or Splinter Cell.  Halo does deserve its credit though its about a thousand times better than any FPS Sony or Nintendo would dream of releasing... Killzone and Metroid included... Actually Killzone is a joke...
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
I am a 360 owner and I couldn't give a dam about halo.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
Halo didn't reinvent squat...  It was FUN AS HELL though.  What's wrong with being a fan of a really, really good game?
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts

Halo didn't reinvent squat... It was FUN AS HELL though. What's wrong with being a fan of a really, really good game?AfterShafter

In AvidGamer's eyes, nothing...as long as it isn't an Xbox/360 game... 

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"]Halo didn't reinvent squat... It was FUN AS HELL though. What's wrong with being a fan of a really, really good game?D0013ER

In AvidGamer's eyes, nothing...as long as it isn't an Xbox/360 game... 

Point taken.  Guy probably has PS3 tattood to his ass.
skixwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skixwolf
Member since 2004 • 4013 Posts
I pretty much dislike halo... there's your "one" --dunno if im a lemming though
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

Me.
I mostly want Halo 3 just to finish the story.

Two and a half years ago I watched the dumbest, shortest cliffhanger on the planet.

I WANT IT TO END.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

I will simply say that Halo 1&2 are good games that I enjoy. /Period

P.S. This is like your fifth rambling about a popular topics, trying to stur up an arguement:
You http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25605756
You http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25605620
You http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25605671

atmk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 atmk
Member since 2004 • 1688 Posts
Halo is the best fps thats why and i play plenty of other games.
Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts
I don't own either of the halos: I think they're good games, but they don't hold a candle to the pc shooters which have spoiled me so.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

I played the first Halo on the PC and bought the Xbox cause it was a good gaming machine. I could live without Halo but I doubt cows could live without FF or MGS.Fruity_Fantasy

and you believe lemmings can live without Halo. :roll:

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I'm not......... I'm really looking forward to the game and all, but I enjoy many other games as much as/more than Halo. I really wanna see how the story ends more than anything else about the game.
Spamwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spamwell
Member since 2004 • 464 Posts
I'm an xbox 360 fan (also have a PSP, Ps2, Wii, GC, Ds) and i'm not a huge fan of Halo. Halo 2 MP is fun, but as a Single Player shooter, the Halo series sucks.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
Well, I'm going to own a 360 pretty soon - but, it's more for Mass Effect than anything else.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AvIdGaMeR444

Halo is the best fps thats why and i play plenty of other games.atmk

Proving my point once again that many lemmings think Halo is the be all and end all FPS and the very best of its genre....that is simply not the case.  I'm not a PC gamer, but I've played Half-Life and Half-Life 2...those games are MILES AHEAD of Halo and Halo 2's single player campaign.  But I guess lemmings only care about teh multiplayer aspect!  How great!  Now I can pop in Halo 2, go on Live, have a bunch of cheaters mess things up, and get cursed at worse than a sailor!  What's not to love! :roll:

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AvIdGaMeR444

I don't own either of the halos: I think they're good games, but they don't hold a candle to the pc shooters which have spoiled me so.Codename33

I completely agree...and this is from a non-PC gamer.  The few FPS's I have played on PC outrank Halo and Halo 2 easily.  Lemmings only care about multiplayer apparently. 

Avatar image for sublime_420-you
sublime_420-you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sublime_420-you
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts
I own a 360, and halo3 is at the bottom of my list for games I want on 360. Liked the co-op  on the first one.  halo2  overrated.  halo3  unless it  has the a awsome co-op then I wont buy it. There are like 50 more games Id rater get then halo3. and as far as saying halo being the best fps on consoles. dont forget Golden eye, perfect dart64,red faction 1-2
Avatar image for sublime_420-you
sublime_420-you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sublime_420-you
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts
nice dead-alive pic!!!
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
I don't care for Halo.

(But I'm not really a total Lemming...I really like the Wii more than the 360).
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
I'm far more interested in Too Human, if that's what you're asking.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

Who here doesn't obsess about teh Halo? This is gonna be strange to hear but here goes lemmings...THERE ARE OTHER GAMES BESIDES TEH HALOZ ! :shock: But what difference does it make right? Apparently no one EVER gets tired of teh Halo! Why even release Halo 3 when Halo 2's popularity is ridiculous still? Also, I've read this a lot from lemmings..."GeOW is great and all, but it is a FILLER b4 Halo 3". Really? A 9.6 rated game is just a filler? :lol:

The funniest thing I remember is when I read news reports of Halo 2's overnight popularity. There were even interviews with a few people...some of them saying "I only bought an Xbox for this game". :lol:

I've read things in system wars from lemmings..."I won't buy a 360 until teh Haloz 3 arrives!" Yeah, great. Just forget about ALL THE GREAT GAMES here and now. Forget about GeOW and its 9.6. Forget about GRAW. Forget about Oblivion. Forza 2 is coming out soon, but who cares?? ALL THAT MATTERS IN LIFE IZ TEH HALO 3! :roll:

I can't help but have animosity toward this game. I've never had a worse online experience from so many immature brats yelling obsenities in my headset in my life! Seriously! There are some of the most vile, racist things said on Xbox Live....ESPECIALLY WHILE PLAYING HALO 2! Play another game on Live. Try to find anyone who is NEARLY as mean, vindictive, vile, obsessed, yelling like a banshee, than HALO 2. There is no other game that causes this kinda immature behavior.

But, hey...that's ok! Because Halo is the only FPS to reinvent everything about the genre :lol:

GUFUdestroyer

The GUFU could use someone like you.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
I dont i like the game but im not obessed.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

Me = Not Lemming

Me = Likes Halo 

springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
my brothers have halo, i play it with them. 
I prefer MGS, and Socom...Realistic games
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
Im not a lemming but im obsessed with halo. There just really good games.
soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts
Played 1 and 2, kinda meh, still don't care for em.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AvIdGaMeR444

nice dead-alive pic!!!sublime_420-you

Thanx :D

Didn't know if anyone else knew about this crazy movie!

e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts
the only games lemmings play are gears of war and halo.. mainly cause thats all they got wether they wanna admit it or not
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

I've played every shooter known to man,

Halo is by far the most fun I've ever had.

Halo HD will be glorious!

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I own all three consoles, always have and I am absolutely obsessed with Halo.