Left 4 Dead 360 is one ugly beast...

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darkhadow
Member since 2005 • 279 Posts

As you can all guess, I purchased Left 4 Dead recently. Great game. That's why it's a shame that Valve is porting it o the HEXBOX 360! 

Although the graphics look similar, it is uglier because Steam uis not there to support it and the fact that NO MODS BECAUSE MS IS TRYING TO KILL PC GAMING SINCE THEY ALREADY HAVE A MORBIDLY MALICIOUS MONOPOLY ON CONSOLES!

It's great that some Consolities too stupid to buy a PC can play it, but it's a shame Valve had to go that far just to please the idiotic masses. Do yourself a favor, Lemmings: buy Left 4 Dead PC. Support Valve, support Steam, support open systems.

Don't whine about upgrades, I'm sure 98 percent of people here can run Left 4 Dead no problem.

Me? I murder it with my specs. 

darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darkhadow
One more thing: if anyone can prove me wrong, I will delete my account. That's how confident I am of my compelling arguement.
Mlauthemighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mlauthemighty
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
I could run the demo on my 1.5 ghz core2 laptop with an 8600gs card.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Looks good for me on pc, and ive played the 360 version at my buddys. Obviously the 360 version doesnt look as good as the pc version, but its not TEH UGLY imo.

Olus the game is the most fun ive had all gen with an online game. Coop magic imo ;)

darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darkhadow

Looks good for me on pc, and ive played the 360 version at my buddys. Obviously the 360 version doesnt look as good as the pc version, but its not TEH UGLY imo.

Olus the game is the most fun ive had all gen with an online game. Coop magic imo ;)

kozzy1234
If you bothered to read my post you would have noticed I said they looked pretty similar....Tu es perezoso, si?
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Another feral hermit thread? I love these!!
darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darkhadow
Another feral hermit thread? I love these!!xsubtownerx
I like how you don't present any arguements but instead resort to mocking me. Looks like I've already won.
darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkhadow
Another feral hermit thread? I love these!!xsubtownerx
Wait what's feral mean? I've never heard that one before.
supreme-smiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 supreme-smiter
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts

What is your goddamned argument?! Cause as far as I can tell all you're doing is crying cause people don't need that $2000 PC that you blew your money on.

Present point, please.

black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Another feral hermit thread? I love these!!darkhadow
I like how you don't present any arguements but instead resort to mocking me. Looks like I've already won.

I'm sorry but that's being hypocritical, in your op you stated that "some Consolities too stupid to buy a PC can play it" yet when someone mocks you you act all innocent.
darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkhadow

What is your goddamned argument?! Cause as far as I can tell all you're doing is crying cause people don't need that $2000 PC that you blew your money on.

Present point, please.

supreme-smiter

Don't support MS'S closed system when nearly any PC, not just 2000 dollar ones, can run it well.

Sheesh, do you have any reading comprhension? 

darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darkhadow
[QUOTE="darkhadow"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Another feral hermit thread? I love these!!black_tempest

I'm sorry but that's being hypocritical, in your op you stated that "some Consolities too stupid to buy a PC can play it" yet when someone mocks you you act all innocent.

There's a difference between stating jokes and stating facts...
Budz420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Budz420
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts
i was going to get this for the 360 because thats what all my mates have but when i saw it advertised on steam i couldnt resist buying it. im so glad i got it for pc. i play it on medium settings but 2morrow im getting ym new comp and will undoubtly be able to max the **** out of it
darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkhadow
i was going to get this for the 360 because thats what all my mates have but when i saw it advertised on steam i couldnt resist buying it. im so glad i got it for pc. i play it on medium settings but 2morrow im getting ym new comp and will undoubtly be able to max the **** out of itBudz420
Even if you had to play on low, sticking the finger to MS's closed rip-off system is worth it.
IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IshmaelSonata
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts

As you can all guess, I purchased Left 4 Dead recently. Great game. That's why it's a shame that Valve is porting it o the HEXBOX 360! 

Although the graphics look similar, it is uglier because Steam uis not there to support it and the fact that NO MODS BECAUSE MS IS TRYING TO KILL PC GAMING SINCE THEY ALREADY HAVE A MORBIDLY MALICIOUS MONOPOLY ON CONSOLES!

It's great that some Consolities too stupid to buy a PC can play it, but it's a shame Valve had to go that far just to please the idiotic masses. Do yourself a favor, Lemmings: buy Left 4 Dead PC. Support Valve, support Steam, support open systems.

Don't whine about upgrades, I'm sure 98 percent of people here can run Left 4 Dead no problem.

darkhadow

prove you wrong? thats so easy. Just go delete that account already b4 continuing to read my post.

You said that MS is trying to kill PC gaming? ROFL are you serious? You're talking about MS, whose huge investment is in the PC industry and on recent gotten onto the console market. You do understand that the huge advantage of windows over mac when it comes to gaming right? Theres a reason that every hardcore gamer gets a PC instead of a mac.. so now you're saying that MS is trying to kill PC gaming? 

The chances are, Valve wanted to make more money, saw lower development costs in making a 360 version and released it to lemmings. 

You lost sorry, now go back and check if that account was actually deleted.

wiiguyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wiiguyftw
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
i agree, good PC graphics, mods, and a 49.99 price tag = in my machine right now and about to play it
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
360 users are having tons of fun with their inferior version due to the social part of it. I don't think they care much about what the PC version carries because they're having enough fun as it is. Why don't you let them have their fun?
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RobWil
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts

darkhadow
Open systems is OVERATED
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

Shame.. It seem that YOU, dont even understand what Valve is all about..Valve is not out to create the best looking game, its all about fun, even if L4D was NOT on 360, it would look EXACTLY the same.

I sometimes wonder where PC gaming is going with people like you, who do nothing but praise graphics, L4D is not ugly, if you think so, get your eyes checked..This thread sucks, And you make every hermit in existance frown upon this stupid thread..Get some more knowledge about valve, then come back and find why this thread is dumb.

darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darkhadow
360 users are having tons of fun with their inferior version due to the social part of it. I don't think they care much about what the PC version carries because they're having enough fun as it is. Why don't you let them have their fun?mo0ksi
None of you people actually READ. I said it's great that they can still enjoy the game, to a degree, but it's sad Valve had to do that just because people are too uninformed to buy the PC version. Reading comprehension?
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RobWil
Besides, I don't want the hassle of installation problems and playing with graphical settings. The 360 makes my life simple.
supreme-smiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 supreme-smiter

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]360 users are having tons of fun with their inferior version due to the social part of it. I don't think they care much about what the PC version carries because they're having enough fun as it is. Why don't you let them have their fun?darkhadow
None of you people actually READ. I said it's great that they can still enjoy the game, to a degree, but it's sad Valve had to do that just because people are too uninformed to buy the PC version. Reading comprehension?

So your point is, because some people opt for the easier option of Xbox 360, and Valve caters to those customers instead of acting like a bunch of elitist hermits, this is.. bad somehow? I'm not sure because you still don't have an actual argument.

Why don't you go post this in a PC forum where they'll all worship you for posting something they agree with.

darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darkhadow
Besides, I don't want the hassle of installation problems and playing with graphical settings. The 360 makes my life simple.RobWil
That's why all the installations you've been doing with NXE are so great! You hate installing! Orwellian Double-think, much?
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
meh ill be getting it for the 360 I hate using M&K in shooters
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

It's great that some Consolities too stupid to buy a PC can play itdarkhadow

Did you just call me and anyone else who bought the 360 version stupid? I will prove you wrong, but you'll be in too much of a denial to accept it, but here it goes. There is no definite version. It's all a matter of preference. I'd much prefer to play this with a controller, from the comfort of my couch, with my friends who all have XBL, looking at my 40inch LCD 120Hz HDTV. That doesn't mean the PC version isn't "better" for someone who enjoys mods and what not. I on the other hand don't. PS - My computer will murder yours, so don't even go there. And yes, I do have Windows running on it as well.

RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RobWil
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]360 users are having tons of fun with their inferior version due to the social part of it. I don't think they care much about what the PC version carries because they're having enough fun as it is. Why don't you let them have their fun?darkhadow

Maybe some people just don't have time or want the HASSLE that PC Games bring. Ever thought of that genius.
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RobWil
[QUOTE="RobWil"]Besides, I don't want the hassle of installation problems and playing with graphical settings. The 360 makes my life simple.darkhadow
That's why all the installations you've been doing with NXE are so great! You hate installing! Orwellian Double-think, much?

Installing NXE and Installing games on PC are completely different. 1. I have to figure out if I have the ram, cpu specs, hdd space and graphics card to worry about. Not so on the 360 buddy.. 2. I don't have that much time on my hands as you seem to have. 3. I just want to play games. " Pop in the disc, and here I go. See "SIMPLE"
supreme-smiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 supreme-smiter

I personally prefer the Console version of games because I don't like sitting in front of the PC to play them. When you're on a console, you're on the couchcomfy, and other people can join in the fun.

So why shouldn't we have the choice?

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pinkyimp
[QUOTE="darkhadow"][QUOTE="RobWil"]Besides, I don't want the hassle of installation problems and playing with graphical settings. The 360 makes my life simple.RobWil

Installing NXE and Installing games on PC are completely different. 1. I have to figure out if I have the ram, cpu specs, hdd space and graphics card to worry about. Not so on the 360 buddy.. 2. I don't have that much time on my hands as you seem to have. 3. I just want to play games. " Pop in the disc, and here I go. See "SIMPLE"

1.) you really dont HAVE to, most gamers already know there system can run it, So there's no need to look at the back of the box, and also all you really need to know is your graphics card.. 2.) Well you should make the time, building a PC is quite fun, not so much as tweaking and such. 3.) And so do i, all i have to do is sit through a 5 min install time and boom, im playing, its not like it takes years to install a game, go eat, watch TV, its not that bad.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pinkyimp

I personally prefer the Console version of games because I don't like sitting in front of the PC to play them. When you're on a console, you're on the couchcomfy, and other people can join in the fun.

So why shouldn't we have the choice?

supreme-smiter
You can.. People like the TC are the reasons why many people hate hermits, Now, im a Die hard PC fanboy, but im all for choice, And what he needs to understand is that even if Left 4 dead was not on 360 it probably would look exactly the same, So this thread has no point. The TC just fails to understand what valve is all about
bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

[QUOTE="darkhadow"][QUOTE="RobWil"]Besides, I don't want the hassle of installation problems and playing with graphical settings. The 360 makes my life simple.RobWil

Left 4 dead isn't graphically intensive. Any modern rig should be able to play it just fine.

In addition, there is an "optimal configuration" so that the graphics are set to how good your specs are. 

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

kozzy1234
L4D isn't a technical achievement. Well maybe it is as far as enemies being thrown at you. But it bothers me that the 360 version is identical to the PC version when it CAN be. Maybe there wasn't enough time alloted for the port.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

Some people don't like PC gaming though. Why would Valve wanna inform people of a version of the platform they might not like or prefer?
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

darkhadow

So the game is uglier because it doesn't use Valve's distribution service, and because there are no custom maps for it?

None of those have ANYTHING to do with the game's visual quality. They're completely unrelated.  

FoShizzle17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 FoShizzle17
Member since 2006 • 2170 Posts
[QUOTE="darkhadow"]

IshmaelSonata

prove you wrong? thats so easy. Just go delete that account already b4 continuing to read my post.

You said that MS is trying to kill PC gaming? ROFL are you serious? You're talking about MS, whose huge investment is in the PC industry and on recent gotten onto the console market. You do understand that the huge advantage of windows over mac when it comes to gaming right? Theres a reason that every hardcore gamer gets a PC instead of a mac.. so now you're saying that MS is trying to kill PC gaming? 

The chances are, Valve wanted to make more money, saw lower development costs in making a 360 version and released it to lemmings. 

You lost sorry, now go back and check if that account was actually deleted.

pwnt

darkhadow is just an angry PC gamer who's trying to start arguments. I'm not saying I play L4D on 360, I play it on PC (awesome game). Some people prefer to play it on 360 and have crappy PC's. I don't see many differences in the two versions

DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaGamingGod
Member since 2008 • 1041 Posts

darkhadow
Do us all a favor and have yourself banned regardless.
DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaGamingGod
Member since 2008 • 1041 Posts
[QUOTE="supreme-smiter"]

Present point, please.

darkhadow

Don't support MS'S closed system when nearly any PC, not just 2000 dollar ones, can run it well.

Sheesh, do you have any reading comprhension? 

LoL! This guy has no clue!
FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
PC gaming is great! piracy, aimbots, crashes, upgrades and mods to make people topless!:o
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pinkyimp
PC gaming is great! piracy, aimbots, crashes, upgrades and mods to make people topless!:oFFXIII360
LoL, Try harder please!!, this is just gold!!
swamprat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 swamprat_basic
Member since 2002 • 9145 Posts

[QUOTE="Mlauthemighty"]I could run the demo on my 1.5 ghz core2 laptop with an 8600gs card.darkhadow

See? Despite that guy's horrible specs due to his crappy laptop, he can run the game just fine.

What now, Xbots?

Well, I don't think I can run the game on my 6 year old PowerBook.
darkhadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkhadow
[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]PC gaming is great! piracy, aimbots, crashes, upgrades and mods to make people topless!:oPinkyimp
LoL, Try harder please!!, this is just gold!!

... I have nothing to say about the crappiness that man just spewed.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
Since when did MS have a console monopoly?
Perhaps you should look that word up before using it.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14825 Posts
The game looks alright on the 360, but it's definitely not something to brag about. Fun game though.
PC_X360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PC_X360
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
I could run the demo on my 1.5 ghz core2 laptop with an 8600gs card.Mlauthemighty
:lol: at your laptop
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
It looks fine on the 360. UGLY? No.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
What? I'm pretty sure 360 is capable of maxing it out at 720p.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
What? I'm pretty sure 360 is capable of maxing it out at 720p. angelkimne
That's my point as well. The 360 could definitely handle it and look just identicle to teh PC version, but it doesn't. The port just wasn't what the Orange Box was IMO.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
I don't care. I have it for the 360 and I've enjoyed every second of it. It's the most fun I've had on a game in ages. I don't really care about your lame argument.