LBP > Limbo, Kirby, Mario, Yoshi, metal slug, etc

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yugioh3ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yugioh3ds
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts

So basically with one PS3 exclusive Little Big Planet, you can recreate all Puzzle platformer exclusives from other consoles and even make it better, all with Little Big Planet.

But can it recreate super smash bro? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k7ISM4pA80

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

You can try to recreate the games, but the imitations will turn out to be worse than the originals.

Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
So LPB's good because it can Imitate better games ? :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
Maybe if it took longer to beat than 3 hours. It was good, but it was so short. And before anyone says something, I won't download user created stuff.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Why would I spend hours of my life recreating when I can play them pre-made?
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Create all you want but the platforming mechanics will always be terrible. Playing bad versions of games is cool though.;)

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

No.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Maybe if it took longer to beat than 3 hours. It was good, but it was so short. And before anyone says something, I won't download user created stuff.Guppy507
Yeah, limbo needs more recycled ideas and environments to artificially lengthen it.:roll:

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
Super Meat Boy > LBP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

[QUOTE="Guppy507"]Maybe if it took longer to beat than 3 hours. It was good, but it was so short. And before anyone says something, I won't download user created stuff.MFDOOM1983

Yeah, limbo needs more recycled ideas and environments to artificially lengthen it.:roll:

I wasn't talking about Limbo. :|

The thread isn't even about Limbo, wtf.

Zune_HD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zune_HD
Member since 2010 • 1144 Posts

LBP couldn't even hold Nintendo's jock strap.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Nothing is better than Mario when it comes to platforming. NOTHING. This isn't opinion, either, it is fact. Super Mario Bros. X proves that. It is the simplest system, yet has the greatest difficulty curve (can be extremely easy, or shamefully hard) and has amazing accessibility (with 2D games, you just need two buttons and a d-pad).

I also have to say it, 3D Mario is the best 3D platforming available as well. I may not love it like I do 2D Mario, but it is unquestionably the best 3D platforming available, whether you like it or not. Mario 64 created 3D platforming, Sunshine mixed it up and Galaxy perfected it. Like the GS review of SMG2 said, it set the standard for 3D platforming for years to come (though, I've only played a little Galaxy and no Galaxy 2, so even though I don't have first-hand experience, given the heritage of the series, I don't doubt they're right).

LittleBigPlanet should be commended for its level editing... not its platforming. What I played of LBP (a couple hours, about the same as Galaxy) it wasn't really enjoyable at all. It was bland and over-complicated (the level design was too messy and detailed) and the floaty mechanics we frustrating. I think everyone who appreciates platformers should check out Super Mario Bros. X... because it comes with a SUPER-simple level editor, that makes my childhood dreams of building my own Mario world a reality (immediately upon starting up the editor, I remembered when I was 7 or 8 and I drew SMW levels).

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

You can try to recreate the games, but the imitations will turn out to be worse than the originals.

Yangire
Way, way worse. I hate LBP.
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

Super Meat Boy > All

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

Maybe if it took longer to beat than 3 hours. It was good, but it was so short. And before anyone says something, I won't download user created stuff.Guppy507

LBP took three hours to beat? jesus, i must really suck at platformers because the SP definitely took me longer than that.

and you don't download any of the user created levels in LBP, you just play them.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

OT: littlebigplanet is an amazing game but in no way does it recreate those games you listed. nobody cares about a half-assed limbo or mario recreation.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Limbo, Kirby, Mario, Yoshi, metal slug, etc > LBP

Fixed your title bro;)

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

Little Big Planet isn't that good.

yugioh3ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yugioh3ds

Yea Mario is only better than LBP because those people don't have a PS3

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

yugioh3ds
Wanna buy me one so I can touch the hand of God for myself?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Yangire
agreed.. i mean LBP was a breathe of fresh air when it came out and stuff but...... i prefer to play the originals... they tend to be better as well...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Nothing is better than Mario when it comes to platforming. NOTHING. This isn't opinion, either, it is fact. Super Mario Bros. X proves that. It is the simplest system, yet has the greatest difficulty curve (can be extremely easy, or shamefully hard) and has amazing accessibility (with 2D games, you just need two buttons and a d-pad).

I also have to say it, 3D Mario is the best 3D platforming available as well. I may not love it like I do 2D Mario, but it is unquestionably the best 3D platforming available, whether you like it or not. Mario 64 created 3D platforming, Sunshine mixed it up and Galaxy perfected it. Like the GS review of SMG2 said, it set the standard for 3D platforming for years to come (though, I've only played a little Galaxy and no Galaxy 2, so even though I don't have first-hand experience, given the heritage of the series, I don't doubt they're right).

LittleBigPlanet should be commended for its level editing... not its platforming. What I played of LBP (a couple hours, about the same as Galaxy) it wasn't really enjoyable at all. It was bland and over-complicated (the level design was too messy and detailed) and the floaty mechanics we frustrating. I think everyone who appreciates platformers should check out Super Mario Bros. X... because it comes with a SUPER-simple level editor, that makes my childhood dreams of building my own Mario world a reality (immediately upon starting up the editor, I remembered when I was 7 or 8 and I drew SMW levels).

foxhound_fox

I agree with this post 100%. No game has been able to top Super Mario Word for 2D platforming.

As far as 3D platforming goes, I haven't played either of the Super Mario Galaxies (really wish that SMG would have a damn price drop), but Sunshine and 64 have not been topped by anything else I've played.

LBP took three hours to beat? jesus, i must really suck at platformers because the SP definitely took me longer than that.

and you don't download any of the user created levels in LBP, you just play them.

lazerface216

Well, I played it with 3 other people, so maybe that sped it up a bit. It took up most of an evening, so 3-4 hours. It had some really good level design and a cool aesthetic, but I didn't feel it had any replay value. The user created content offered a lot I'm sure, but I'm not interested.

Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts
Super Meat Boy > LBPKarnage108
ahh... but you could make a weak version of SMB with floaty controls in LBP
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

yugioh3ds

Lol! That isnt true at all!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

yugioh3ds

I have a PS3 and a Wii, and as much as I love LBP, Mario is better. I prefer 3D mario, when it comes to 2D I prefer donke kong, although mario is just as good, just different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Oh hell naw.
yugioh3ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yugioh3ds

LBP is superior in every single way so there's no need to buy those other console platforming exclusives

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AbleFa3
Member since 2010 • 901 Posts

So basically with one PS3 exclusive Little Big Planet, you can recreate all Puzzle platformer exclusives from other consoles and even make it better, all with Little Big Planet.

yugioh3ds

Sorry, but the gameplay in each of those is like a million times better than LBP simplistic jumping around, which personally totally breaks the game for me and makes it very boring and indifferent

As a level editor though is great, as a game is mediocre to really bad at times imo

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

foxhound_fox

i disagree... as much as i think mario is among the best when it comes to platformers.. i think donkey kong country series (besides the new one coming out) are far superior. Regarding your 2d point..

3d.. ur probably right though the only 3d one i have played is mario 64 (which is awesome) and mario sunshine which i thought was awful. Though to be honest i had a much enjoyable time with spyro 1 - 3 then i did with mario 64.. though its not as 'platformy' as mario 64.

I do however agree with LBP.. not really a fan of it... the level editor was confusing and complicated and i wasnt a fan of floating around either.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Look I kind of like these games, but LBP isn't nearly as good as other platformers, let alone Mario.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

yugioh3ds
It'll never be as good as the original games. The best thing about LBP is you can share your imagination with others. That doesn't make it better then other original games.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61543 Posts

So making the games the same with worse platforming mechanics somehow makes it better? :?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lulz, a platformer with poor controls. nothing demonstrates the current gens form over function attitude.

it's so funny that sometimes i slow the words down because when you do it's is even funnier to say.

a platformer.....with.....poor... controls... bwahahahaha omg it gets me every time.

NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NintendoNite
Member since 2010 • 728 Posts
LBP needs to imitate games because its gameplay sucks to begin with. Its only a poser trying to be cool when its not
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

LBP is superior in every single way so there's no need to buy those other console platforming exclusives

yugioh3ds

It is only superior in level editing and creation. In platforming, it is very inferior to Nintendo's best.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
LBP2 has a gravity/jump editor,so there wont be a super floaty jump
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts

foxhound_fox

I agree with everything you said, especially about the floaty mechanics. Maybe I just play too much Mario, but the floaty jumping was so annoying in LBP.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Yea LBP is only better than Mario because those people don't have a Nintendo Wii

yugioh3ds
you got your games mixed up. i fixed it for you.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

yugioh3ds
LBP is great at what it does, but sorry, that's just wrong.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lhughey  Online
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
LBP can create a lot of things, but the gameplay is stale and boring.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

yugioh3ds
As much versatility as LBP2 has, I think you may be giving it too much credit.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox

It is only superior in level editing and creation. In platforming, it is very inferior to Nintendo's best.

jimkabrhel

Unless you don't count fan games, SMBX's level editor trumps anything you can do in LBP for a straight up platformer. You can use every major element from all the All Stars games and Mario World, combine them all together into a mish-mash game that takes everything that is great about all the games, and none of what is bad. Or you can just build stuff specific to each game as expansions to them.

LBP might have the creative elements to make "whatever" but SMBX's editor is far greater than anything LBP can do as a platformer... and SMBX is free (and it is neither a ROM, nor an emulator).

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

foxhound_fox

who are you and what have you done with foxhound

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 foxhound_fox

who are you and what have you done with foxhound

Shinobishyguy

*shrugs*

People change. I've went through a disappointing spree of "modern" games and have had greatly increased interest in what Nintendo is offering. I was a pretty big sheep at the beginning of this generation.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

A lot of LBP hate in this thread..:?

I prefer LBP, but it's not because I can play Limbo, Kirby, Mario, etc. in LBP, it's just I think it's a better and far more entertaining game.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Funny, LBP isn't even a fun platformer it has to use the whole PLAY CREATE SHARE concept or it would be dead. That being said I have LBP and enjoyed it but it's no where as good as Mario Galaxy2.
Aboogie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Aboogie5
Member since 2008 • 1118 Posts

its better than those games except mario