Latest version of Denuvo used in Just Cause 3. Despite Developer saying no to DRM.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

I don't believe it causing any issue in the game since AMD user seem to be dealing with there own issues more so than Nvidia user. MGSV and Mad Max used it and ran pretty well. People are saying Avalanche Studios went on their word when they said no to DRM. However, to my understanding Denuvo is no DRM. Denuvo reminds notoriously difficult to crack and get the game working properly.

Reddit user have said there been no crack for MGSV that works well enough that there isn't any crashing.

https://support.codefusion.technology/justcause3/

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

People still care about DRM?

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

Denuvo isn't a issue why are people still crying over it being in games maybe they are just pirates

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

The PC version is so much insanely superior that who gives a shit, it's better than waiting 15minutes in load times.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

Does this have an adverse effect on the game? If not, then i'm not worried. Call me when it's intrusive enough to impact my gameplay.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#6 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Cant be worse than the SecuROM shit that EA used to use?

That crap and Spore is the reason i havent given EA a dime since.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

If a developer truly wished for no DRM for their game they would have released it on GOG.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@blueeyedcasva said:

Denuvo isn't a issue why are people still crying over it being in games maybe they are just pirates

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Does this have an adverse effect on the game? If not, then i'm not worried. Call me when it's intrusive enough to impact my gameplay.

No it doesn't MGSV had it and it ran damn well

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#10 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Should not have lied.

Avatar image for saturatedbutter
SaturatedButter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11 SaturatedButter
Member since 2014 • 2289 Posts

To my understanding, Denuvo isn't technically DRM. It's anti-tamper software that prevents the DRM in the executable from being modified. So Denuvo is a second layer that goes on top of the DRM. Most pirates will get really salty if you try to point out this distinction.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

JC3 loaded in less than 30 seconds and couldnt connect to squares servers so i clicked the play offliine button and the game loaded and i played it.......

Denuvo is anti tamper software it does not restrict you from playing your legal copy online or offline unlike so many other DRM services What issue is there exactly?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

@abtoxin: Denuvo is technically not DRM. It's anti-tempering. Even the typically weak-ass Steam DRM becomes uncrackable for months if crackers can't temper with it effectively.

Denuvo by itself is less intrusive than even Steam, and has no side effect whatsoever (all the rumours to the contrary were proven false). There is no visible reason why it shouldn't be more widely adopted by every dev on the planet, so I imagine the only obstacle may be how much Denuvo costs. It is very strong, but not invincible, so to some smaller devs the cost of Denuvo may be higher the additional sales they'd potentially gain from a game that remains uncracked for the first few months.

@blueeyedcasva said:

At this point, this and ignorance are the only two possible reasons I can think of. There is simply nothing bad for a consumer when it comes to Denuvo.

@walloftruth said:

Wow I didn't know MSGV had Denuvo, never noticed anything and thought Steam was the only DRM.

Mad Max also has Denuvo. It's simply super-unintrusive and would not have even been noticed by a normal consumer whatsoever. During the earliest adoptions of Denuvo, there were certainly published articles about Denuvo, since it's new. Since then though, the first people who are actually interested in "whether a game has Denuvo" seem to be just pirates who realise on launch day that the game can't be cracked easily, so they start crying online about it.

Here's the kicker with greater adoption of Denuvo: the more games that use Denuvo, the harder it is to crack them. Why is that? Cracking Denuvo has proven time and time again to be a huge timesink, and there are not that many cracking groups capable of dealing with Denuvo. And so, if they can only crack a game in months nowadays when only a handful of games use Denuvo, they'll get completely annihilated by impossible workload when hundreds of games use Denuvo. And then, piracy dies.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@lundy86_4: Somewhat intrusive, It's a sort of downgraded version of "always online". I.e if you lose your connection at any point to the servers, it will disrupt your gameplay and attempt to log in, it's annoying. But, it doesn't happen often, and I imagine it only happened because of the amount of players at launch. You can bypass it by going in offline mode on steam but that sucks big time.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44563 Posts

Crybaby pirates. The dev of Rebel Galaxy Tweeted how people playing pirated copies wanted him to alter their save files to fix glitches though he was clearly able to see them playing pirated games. I know lots of PC gamers like to downplay piracy but damn, like every Reddit search on games always pulls up two groups, the main game group and the pirate crowd coordinating cracking it and hosting it on the torrents. I image a service and feature like this is going to upset lots of people.