Last Gaurdian will not be AAA.

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

When a company has released two games of such excellent quality that they leave fans screaming for more, why would they make any drastic changes? Last Guardian looks awesome and it's exactly what fans want. I wish more companies would follow their lead.

-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

Most people that loved Ico / SotC will buy this regardless of the score.

Some people who haven't played either Ico or SotC will buy this based on the hype and I imagine some are going to be disappointed...

...but this will be a niche game.

It will probably be marked down for not having online multiplayer or split screen co-op or dynamic weather or a rewind feature or killstreak bonuses. :roll:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44607 Posts
Fumito Ueda's games are works of art, Ico got 90% on Metacritic and Shadow of the Colossus has a 91%, I'm guessing The Last Guardian has taken so long to come out because he wants it to be perfect when it does. Regardless though of critical success, I wonder if people will bother to play it, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus didn't come close to getting the sales they deserved.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

SOTC2? Eh no thanks.

Anyway I liking what is shown of The Last Guardian so far and even if it gets AA I will get it.

Heil68

what if it gets A or lower? :o

I still get it most likely unless it really sucks badly.:P

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
AA for SOTC was a huge mistake by that reviewer. No one can deny that game is nothing short of being a masterpiece.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Dont care what score it gets. Unless the game is somehow broken, Im buying it.

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 id_mew
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts

Every game that Team Ico created was a masterpiece.

And to this day, I still consider shadow of the colossus to be the best game I ever played.

There's nothing quite like it. And Last Guardian looks so original and unique, and I'm looking forward to playing it.

funnilov3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 funnilov3
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts

Fumito Ueda's games are works of art, Ico got 90% on Metacritic and Shadow of the Colossus has a 91%, I'm guessing The Last Guardian has taken so long to come out because he wants it to be perfect when it does. Regardless though of critical success, I wonder if people will bother to play it, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus didn't come close to getting the sales they deserved.lamprey263

Pretty sure SotC did a million which is successful. Any way why do system wars people care so much about 8 or 9s? like it's been already said, SotC is one of the greatest games of last generation and it didn't even get a 9.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

ICO and SOTC were terribly boring games. One being more slideshow of man riding,then game.

People seem to have fallen in love with the artsy fartsy nature of the game, and disregard themediocre gameplay.

That being said, due to all the love the games are shown on GS, i'll be buying the HD collection. I doubt i'll be impressed.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Don't care, I'm getting it anyway. Ico was a great puzzle platformer, and SOTC added epicness and action to the puzzle/platforming mix. I can't wait to see what Last Guardian adds to the franchise.
Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

ICO and SOTC were terribly boring games. One being more slideshow of man riding,then game.

People seem to have fallen in love with the artsy fartsy nature of the game, and disregard themediocre gameplay.

That being said, due to all the love the games are shown on GS, i'll be buying the HD collection. I doubt i'll be impressed.

-Snooze-
Imo it was so simple and beutifull that I didn't mind and it helped build the suspense up before each battle :). I can't speak on ICO though as I have not and probably wont get a chance to play that overpriced game (its last gen and still 40$...) I will say though that I can understand why people have SOTC has their favorite game(its one of mine) but the statement that it is the best game in system wars has no merit as the only contenders for best game are; SMG2 , MGS4, GTAIV, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Chrono Cross, Oot, or Soul Calibur as they scored a 10. -Snooze- highlights what is wrong with these games in that they take themselves and their art too serious and end up in one playthrough maybe if that.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

Am I the only one unimpressed by Last Gaurdian's "art dirrection" It looks very similar to SOTC imo climate wise. The whole premise doesn't sound very exciting either... Why not just give everyone the SOTC2 they want ... Oh they are artists :p

Seriously though I cannot be the only one disappointed by the art dirrection...

I guess now you want evidence that is not subjective well... Team Ico has never made an AAA game and this just looks to similar to their old work to stray from this.

Banjo_Kongfooie

AAA or not at GS... doesn't really matter.

Ico, and SotC are seen as some of the best, and most creative games of all time... regardless of their review scores at Gamespot.

SotC won nearly as much awards as Uncharted 2... just to let you know.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

Am I the only one unimpressed by Last Gaurdian's "art dirrection" It looks very similar to SOTC imo climate wise. The whole premise doesn't sound very exciting either... Why not just give everyone the SOTC2 they want ... Oh they are artists :p

I guess now you want evidence that is not subjective well... Team Ico has never made an AAA game and this just looks to similar to their old work to stray from this.

leadernator

Ico, and SotC are seen as some of the best, and most creative games of all time... regardless of their review scores at Gamespot.

And... none of those awards have merit here in System wars in arguing what the best game is.

HailCaesarHail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 HailCaesarHail
Member since 2010 • 814 Posts
the jealousy of the ps3 lineup just continues to make 360 fans mad. lol.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

There is a good point brought up here. There is no guarantee that TLG will score AAA. Maybe a word of caution to cows.

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts

There is a good point brought up here. There is no guarantee that TLG will score AAA. Maybe a word of caution to cows.

hakanakumono
? It's highly unlikely it will get AAA. If it does, it means it won't be as good as the other two...
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

considering SotC didnt get AAA and it was masterfull, you might be right.

But on the other hand, reviews have very much lost their way with the addition of the new system and the uber amount of lacking AAA's this gen-

mind you, SotC would have been AAA qualiity if they had the new system, but since they used the old one it got a 8.7 , 0.1 less then Zelda TP

-

im pretty sure it will score 9.0-9.5 imo, a 8.5 is also possible, but not that it will matter for me anyways. Im pretty sure i will enjoy it.

As for the art direction, it wont win best art this gen, which at this point is held by Muramasa imo.

But it still looks amazing.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Indie_Hitman

? It's highly unlikely it will get AAA. If it does, it means it won't be as good as the other two...

So... Splatterhouse is the Holy Grail of next gen gaming?

I mean if Last Gaurdian doesn't get AAA it would not be better here...

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 leadernator

[QUOTE="leadernator"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

And... none of those awards have merit here in System wars in arguing what the best game is.

Again, doesn't matter.

System Wars never stopped SotC from being one of the most remembered, and yes, one of the greatest games of all time.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night got a AA score at GS... perfect example.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="leadernator"]

leadernator

Again, doesn't matter.

System Wars never stopped SotC from being one of the most remembered, and yes, one of the greatest games of all time.

And my point is on sytem wars this site me saying SMG2 , MGS4, GTAIV, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Chrono Cross, Oot, or Soul Calibur is the best game has more merit as they all scored a 10.

On system wars GS scores trump all. I mean alot of people's favorite musician is Justin Beiber but that does not make him the best if you go by Grammys.

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Indie_Hitman

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

I don't know what splatterhouse is but it's not made by team Ico, Therefore it is automatically inferior.
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"] ? It's highly unlikely it will get AAA. If it does, it means it won't be as good as the other two...Indie_Hitman

I don't know what splatterhouse is but it's not made by team Ico, Therefore it is automatically inferior.

So your saying if it had a big Team Ico logo it would be one of the best games?

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 leadernator

[QUOTE="leadernator"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

Again, doesn't matter.

And my point is on sytem wars this site me saying SMG2 , MGS4, GTAIV, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Chrono Cross, Oot, or Soul Calibur is the best game has more merit as they all scored a 10.

On system wars GS scores trump all. I mean alot of people's favorite musician is Justin Beiber but that does not make him the best if you go by Grammys.

Doesn't make sense... Justin Beiber's demographic are pre-teens to young teens... and maybe children.

We're talking about gamers here, and we're all the same. We're looking for the best games. SoTC is one of the best games of all time... according to gamers. You know, the people you're talking to.

Gamespot called Castlevania SOTN one of the best games ever... 5 years after they gave it a AA review.

Demon Souls won game of the year last year, when other games on GS outscored it.

Heavy Rain is friggn' nominated for GOTY, and it's a AA game.

We get it bro, you don't like the Team Ico games, and you want other people to agree with you. Just don't rob the series of its obvious acknowledgement of it being a friggn' awesome game series.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="leadernator"]

Again, doesn't matter.

leadernator

Doesn't make sense... Justin Beiber's demographic are pre-teens to young teens... and maybe children.

We're talking about gamers here, and we're all the same. We're looking for the best games. SoTC is one of the best games of all time... according to gamers. You know, the people you're talking to.

Gamespot called Castlevania SOTN one of the best games ever... 5 years after they gave it a AA review.

Demon Souls won game of the year last year, when other games on GS outscored it.

Heavy Rain is friggn' nominated for GOTY, and it's a AA game.

We get it bro, you don't like the Team Ico games, and you want other people to agree with you. Just don't rob the series of its obvious acknowledgement of it being a friggn' awesome game series.

Okay bad example... how is Star Wars or Avatar... Popular movies but critics disagree with them being the best game ever.

Go to the oscars and say star wars is the best movie and if someone says the Godfather is as much as I loathe the Godfather it would be the better movie at that event.

Moot as Team Ico games have not won GOY.

Lastly I loved SOTC and never said I didn't, I know you do not take time out of your busy day to read and analyze my posts fully but w/e.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I think it has a good chance to go AAA.

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#127 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
We practically haven't seen much and you're already with opinions? Familiar setting means it'll be a surefire AA? What about Halo Reach? Killzone 2? They basically have similar setting to their predecessors, but what makes them significant improvements are their enhanced mechanics, new modes and stuff. Please.
007ybse04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128 007ybse04
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts

Still, there is not enough information to determine if Last Guardian will be AAA or AA or a flop. But i can say that Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD collection will flop so bad. Why? It seems the developer ported ps2 version of them to ps3. Polygon count and texture quality stay still. It disappointed a Ico & SotC fan, me!

I hope the content will be extended.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Banjo_Kongfooie

Still, there is not enough information to determine if Last Guardian will be AAA or AA or a flop. But i can say that Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD collection will flop so bad. Why? It seems the developer ported ps2 version of them to ps3. Polygon count and texture quality stay still. It disappointed a Ico & SotC fan, me!

I hope the content will be extended.

007ybse04

I said I was making an educated guess off Team Ico's history.

Well they increased resolution hopefully because Ico ran at a lower resolution then Tekken 3 did (I mean they probably increased resolution cause what would be the point if they didn't)

I Know for a fact that the great Team Ico locked the collection at 30fps but atleast they increased textures lol.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
It doesn't have that "epic" feeling SOTC had.. I agree, but there's something about the atmosphere that just makes me giddy inside. AAA is my bet.
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Indie_Hitman

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"][QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

So your saying if it had a big Team Ico logo it would be one of the best games?

Yes, because in this alternate universe where team Ico is the developer of splatterhouse, it is team ico that developed it, not that other developer and hence it would be top quality.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I'm cool with that. It's hard to care about SotC not being AAA when it's one of the greatest games of all time...

Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Golden_Boy187
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

i don't care first day buy for me