King's blood breaks down MS's service "vision" for all who love GamePass and hype their all-in-streamings services

• 61 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

This is specifically for people expecting higher quality games from MS on their current course.

This is pretty much outlines what happened to MS's "quality control" this gen and outline's MS's vision/ end goal for everything they're trying to do going forward.

For people who think supporting games like Crackdown 3 and screaming, "well I got it on Gamepass"

And saying

"I'll use GP to play these low quality games and when MS makes ton's of money off these cheap budget titles they'll finally deliver us Multi-Million dollar AAA games like Sony or better" .

This video give you a better idea if your faith or belief in what MS will do with their money after you sink it into GamePass and their approaching streaming only solution really has a solid foundation.

The point delivered from 8:00 to 9:45 pretty much says it all.

if you make tons of cash from fools who pay for cheap low budge games, why would you ever go out and sink cash into risky multi-million dollar AAA games? That is the question Phil Spencer posed to investors when purchasing 2.5 billion dollar Mincraft 2015! The games you've received on Xbox One since then is execution of that theory.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BoxRekt

If you don't stand for something, you'll eventually fall for everything!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69716 Posts

LOL. Its sad to see a former Xbox fanny (OP) so broken after Sony demolished MS. LMAO.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44275 Posts

Didn’t you already make similar thread not that long ago?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

Who is this guy? I'm not sure why we should give any credence to this video. Especially given the fact that your point about 8:00 to 9:45... It's entirely speculation with regards to how MS are looking at Minecraft and their games. This is confirmationbias.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BoxRekt

@Archangel3371 said:

Didn’t you already make similar thread not that long ago?

No, the focus of that thread was Phil Spencer's rating for delivering quality games.

This thread is directly focused on MS's "vision" for the future and the belief that supporting their "services" push with low quality and low budget games will ultimately produce high quality AAA games may or may not be the right approach.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

The thing I don't get about gamepass, is what incentive do they have to make good games?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44275 Posts

@boxrekt: No, not that thread. I’m talking about this one which was locked and rightfully so.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/can-you-handle-the-truth-about-the-future-of-gamin-33452028/

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@ten_pints said:

The thing I don't get about gamepass, is what incentive do they have to make good games?

If you are unable to see the incentive then you are not thinking. The whole purpose of the service is for games. Shitty games doesn't promote the service in a positive way and will affect adoption rate and retention. How did this simple concept skipped you is more confusing.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lundy86_4

@ten_pints said:

... Keeping constant subscriptions. Solid game releases will keep people subscribing. Releasing shit would have the opposite effect... It's almost exactly how game sales work. Release shit and people won't buy, but release at least decent qualiy and people will purchase your product.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

You spend way to much hating on Microsoft on here Alty...

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Excellent work by a great man.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BoxRekt

@tigerbalm said:

Excellent work by a great man.

Trying to spread the gospel.

I don't expect die hard MS shills posing as xbox fans to actually respond logically to any of this information I have here, but for actual gamers who happen to be fans of the xbox platform I think it's important they understand exactly what MS's current services push means for them.

The Shills that are hidden in the xbox fanbase probably understand exactly how counter intuitive it is to support MS on these "services" that are led by low quality indie budget games. But these phony gamers will spread the lie that if others support these low quality homebrew projects from MS that they will get high quality AAA multi-million dollar games in return.

Well, since Minecraft was bought in 2015, and MS whored out xbox exclusives to PC and Gamepass was established, what has MS delivered in terms of new high quality AAA IP?

I don't want gaming to be destroyed by these horrible practices so I will continue to bring light to the lies corporate fanboys try to fool people with regarding their support of these streaming/service trojan horse schemes.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BoxRekt

@Archangel3371 said:

@boxrekt: No, not that thread. I’m talking about this one which was locked and rightfully so.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/can-you-handle-the-truth-about-the-future-of-gamin-33452028/

I see, and I was told my thread was locked because of my poll not being fair or something to that effect.

I was also told that I could remake it with better options if I wished. Either way that previous thread was locked which prevented further discussion so there is not need to bring that up. This thread has a slightly different take on that argument and there is no poll.

We are in this thread now so you can focus on the material in this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Yeah, basically MS is becoming the McDonald's of gaming, and lems are completely cool with it.

Lems: "Bu...bu...but big games are coming!!!! Bigger than Sony exclusives!!!"

Reality: Crackdown 3.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4

@subspecies said:

Yeah, basically MS is becoming the McDonald's of gaming, and lems are completely cool with it.

Lems: "Bu...bu...but big games are coming!!!! Bigger than Sony exclusives!!!"

Reality: Crackdown 3.

You're being disingenuous.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

He actually has a point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I've literally heard this exact same spiel about Nintendo and their games. It's funny seeing cows make up theories based off what people are saying online. I wouldn't be shocked if half the people claiming Xbox Doom don't know jack shit about Xbox.

This is classic, see 1 thing, take another and fill in gaps to fit your brain dead theories. Maybe people should go back to hating on Nintendo, cause at least you'd make some sense. But look at them, they are prime example, half the gaming community thinks their games are lame as ****, Nintendo literally lost the console wars in Gen 8, and does it matter at all what any of us say or do.

Whether fans eat games up or boycott them out of some false idea, it won't change a thing. What I find comical, is how all the Cows have done enough complaining for all of us, and so concerned that you think Xbox fans don't let MS hear their concerns. The stupidest part, even if Xbox never makes another game above 70 on Open Critic, they ain't going anywhere, and still cows will get flustered over it and will keep making up theories, like they did with Nintendo, and won't mean shit. Only thing accomplishing is flame baiting Xbox fans.

Whatever this last ditch effort to hate on Xbox's future cause you know the slate is wiped clean when a new gen starts, quit trying to plant seeds. Asshats at IGN and EZA among other outlets doing same shit, like trying to make big conferences sound dumb and lame. Fact is, the only thing predictable that will happen is looking at track records going into next gen, and way more worried about Sony, not cause what Xbox or Nintendo doing, but all the mistakes Sony been making, and how them kind of mistakes can hurt a launch of a new console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@lundy86_4: The reality is pretty clear, dude.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Plenty of GP games I haven't installed, including CD3 after all the shitty reviews.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

LOL, wow! Talking about paranoia! Cows said this back during the OG Xbox release making up stories how MS will destroy the gaming industry with a monopoly.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Oh, is it tinfoil hat storytime again? I'll go fetch mine.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

Microsoft is not wrong here, Streaming or more accurately portable gaming IS the future. Google is launching a dedicated device AND a Streaming service, the same thing is happening with MS with Xbox consoles and XCloud.

The days of being bound to a plastic box in the living that cannot move is pretty coming to a close as more companies are investing in areas that aren't 'traditional' gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@dagubot said:

You spend way to much hating on Microsoft on here Alty...

That's just it, they're all cow alts, even quack is in here.

Saddest bunch of dimwits lol.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52442 Posts

Another microsoft game flops and cows are the ones having a meltdown. Business as asual, these days.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Gamepass is an awesome idea. It's cheaper for the consumer and if they can get more people on it then people who buy games day 1 buy a factor of 6. They make more money. If they do something with all the studios they have bought and release a game a month. Its a win-win for everyone, they also have the PC market to help. Op hates MS with a passion and all he does it hate. It's pretty hard to believe anything that he spews.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Yeah, this video is just one clown clipping other clowns to make up BS, totally misguided. I'm playing some great games on GamePass for the year at $70. Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Crackdown 3, Ashen, Mutant Year Zero, Shadow of Mordor, looking forward to try out Alien Isolation and We Happy Few and whatever else comes down the road along with buying a few choice games.

It really sucks having Gamepass and having the ability to play games. Wish i could just hate on games and make videos instead of gaming.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@mandzilla said:

Oh, is it tinfoil hat storytime again? I'll go fetch mine.

It sure is and false narratives to push an agenda of being shitty fanboys!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

24/7 365, rent free....

There's just no doubt about it...

Xbox Won!!! :P

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2073 Posts

Games pass and services like it are going to be the way the industry goes, what I hope though is we don't see massive bloat like we're running into with video streaming services, otherwise we end up with a subscription from MS, Sony, Activsion, EA, Ubisoft, take two etc.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

That's my worry when you look at Netflix there's so much thrown in that lacks quality it's bound to happen with every streaming device.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

Another microsoft game flops and cows are the ones having a meltdown. Business as asual, these days.

What you need to ask yourself is why Xbox keeps having back to back flops anytime they release a game this gen that is not Forza. It's been 6 years of constant flops this gen.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52442 Posts
@son-goku7523 said:

What you need to ask yourself is why Xbox keeps having back to back flops anytime they release a game this gen that is not Forza. It's been 6 years of constant flops this gen.

Because whatever first party studios they have, are very mediocre.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BoxRekt

@robert_sparkes said:

That's my worry when you look at Netflix there's so much thrown in that lacks quality it's bound to happen with every streaming device.

It's literally the difference between a big budget Hollywood movie in theaters like The Avengers

vs

low budget TV shows you'd expect to find on cable TV like The Power Rangers.

The illustration can't be any more clear than when looking at the line up difference between Sony and MS over the last 3 years.

I'm not saying someone can't prefer MS as a company but blindly supporting their "vision" for gaming with this cheap game rental/streaming service will NOT lead to better games for xbox fans nor the industry. This will be no different from sony fans blindly adopting this non-sense either.

Once it goes all streaming/rental for cheap games, it'll be too late. The quality bar for the industry will take a nose dive, the gaming industry will crash because of loss interest and the gaming industry itself will effectively be irreversibly destroyed.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BoxRekt

@freedomfreak said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Because whatever first party studios they have, are very mediocre.

I wouldn't say Platinum is mediocre, so it goes a lil deeper than that.

Ironically, these same xbox fans tried to claim Platinum Games "incompetence" was the reason for Scalebound's cancellation.

I think the rumors of Platinum Games trying to remake Scalebound EXCLUSIVELY on Nintendo's Switch is them lowkey trying to push back on the "incompetent" claims MS and xbox fanboys used for the termination of that project.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@boxrekt: Seems a bit of a silly opinion when it's only mediocre games that are taken into account. He - and you - seem to forget there's a lot of high budget big titles on there too. Saved me buying Doom, tomb raider shadows, fh4, fallout 4 and more.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Different day, same old sh$t. It's ok because I saw it on a mug marry. ?

Anyway the OP is going to look stupid when Ori 2 and Gears 5 are high 80's - low 90's games.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Again with these fringe YouTube videos?

I'm not going to watch it because I don't want some attempted manipulator getting views, and make no mistake that's exactly what these people are. And you are falling for it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@sealionact said:

@boxrekt: Seems a bit of a silly opinion when it's only mediocre games that are taken into account. He - and you - seem to forget there's a lot of high budget big titles on there too. Saved me buying Doom, tomb raider shadows, fh4, fallout 4 and more.

You have just ended the discussion by resorting to logic.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BoxRekt

@sealionact said:

Those are all older multiplatform games buddy!

Sony has those on PSNow too. Difference is Sony doesn't release their AAA exclusives on PSNow day 1.

MS is able to do this on GamePass because they are producing cheap games from the get go.

Your opinion seems to be the one that's silly because the proof is in the pudding. Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 even being delayed still launch with average to mediocre quality.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pedro

@boxrekt: Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 are cheap games?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BoxRekt

@Pedro said:

@boxrekt: Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 are cheap games?

Smh, Halo, Forza and Gears are the only titles MS puts any money into. It's been like that since the middle of last gen. For the 2nd richest company in the world that's pathetic.

You guys really bend over and take it for a company that shows they care the least about providing the greatest games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@boxrekt said:

Smh, Halo, Forza and Gears are the only titles MS puts any money into. It's been like that since the middle of last gen. For the 2nd richest company in the world that's pathetic.

You guys really bend over and take it for a company that shows they care the least about providing the greatest games.

So you are saying the following statement you made is false. Gotcha.

"MS is able to do this on GamePass because they are producing cheap games from the get go."

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BoxRekt

@Pedro said:
@boxrekt said:

So you are saying the following statement you made is false. Gotcha.

"MS is able to do this on GamePass because they are producing cheap games from the get go."

Yes, that statement holds true for every other so called AAA outside of those that MS has produced other than Launch games (Ryse) and Quantum break that was being developed since 2013.

Every other New IP MS has released this gen has been low quality budget titles.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@boxrekt said:

Yes, that statement holds true for every other so called AAA outside of those that MS has produced other than Launch games (Ryse) and Quantum break that was being developed since 2013.

Every other New IP MS has released this gen has been low quality budget titles.

So, your statement was wrong and now you are trying to backpedal your way out. Gotcha!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@boxrekt: By multiplat, I'm assuming you're a) passing that off as a negative, and b) counting games like fh4, gears 5, halo 6 as multiplats.

Why would it be a negative for either the player, or Microsoft if a multiplat game is on gamepass?

How are you dismissing the games as "older" when ms release them day one on gp?

Don't really get your point tbh. You're saying we shouldn't expect high quality games from ms in the future based on ......what, cd3?

I'm pretty sure The Initiative haven't been assembled to create stocking fillers, but either way ms creating content specifically for gp seems like a positive rather than a negative for someone who values gp.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BoxRekt

It's enlightening the amount of personal attacks and off topic deflection I'm seeing from xbox fans here.

I honestly didn't know there was such a large population of xbox fans here that really didn't care at all about the quality of games or cared more about defending the interests of MS more than protecting their own preferred hobby.

I think I understand Xbox MS defenders a little better now. Seeing that there were actually only 1 possibly 2 pro xbox guys showing concern for the quality of their own games or the future of the industry due to these corrosive services MS is trying to push on to us, I recognize most of you guys aren't really gamers.

Thinking of it like that, these toxic and defensive posts for things MS is doing that are proving to be bad for gaming makes a lot more sense now. I'll approach you lot with a different tone from now on seeing as you guys aren't one of our own, rather you're actually against gaming no better than MS pushing these damaging practices on the industry.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#48 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Good mother of god, you can’t get MS off your mind.

misrespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 misrespect
Member since 2019 • 84 Posts

I'm not watching a 30 min video.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

I've already figured out I don't like a ton of games thanks to Game Pass.

Games I would have likely bought on Steam eventually and regretted.

I've also played FH4, MCC, and Gears. Games I would not have paid $60 (well maybe Forza).

Oh yeah and a bunch of old Xbox games which are basically remasters by today's standards, like Ninja ma'fkn Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden alone is worth owning an X1X for as it's one of my all time favorites - and it runs amazing at native 4K/60fps.

You can cry about it, but Game Pass makes sense for me at least for the time being - saved me a bunch of money so far. Plus Play Anywhere is fucking awesome.

Sony needs to pick it up or they will remain the console that I only play once a year when there is an exclusive I'm interested in.