killzone 2 overrated or underrated?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oblivionboar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oblivionboar
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

i bought the game on the first day. i thought it was going to be the best game ever. but its just the like first with great graphics. you think this game deserves a 9.0? higher or lower?

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Definately does not deserve a 9.0 imo.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I think it deserves the 9.0 it got. It's a very fun and enjoyable shooter that gets too much praise from cows and too much crap from lemmings.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
I'd give it a 7.5, maybe an 8.
Avatar image for LiquidSnake1001
LiquidSnake1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LiquidSnake1001
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts
I thought it was fantastic, what really let it down was the lack of classes online it meant it got boring after a week.
oblivionboar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oblivionboar

the online is boring compared to modern warfare but the graphics are on par with crysis

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
It's a good FPS, but a 9/10 is a bit high, maybe a 8.5/10.
alskdjfhg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alskdjfhg1
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts
Almost every fps i know is over-rated, so yes. There are more fps that are over-rated bioshock(system shock 2 is better), halo, metroid prime,gears of war,resistance,crysis, etc, in fact shooters are the most overrated genre if you ask me.
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Racer850

the online is boring compared to modern warfare but the graphics are on par with crysis

oblivionboar

I guess you've never played crysis?

alskdjfhg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alskdjfhg1
Most overrated are probably modern warfare 1 and 2.
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Racer850
Most overrated are probably modern warfare 1 and 2.alskdjfhg1
MW1 was an incredible game, so it's not overrated at all.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Depends on how much you like the multiplayer. The single player is horse trash...the multiplayer on the other hand is really good. So it all comes down to how you strong you feel the MP is.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Phoenix534

There are more fps that are over-rated bioshock(system shock 2 is better).alskdjfhg1

Oh God. Not these kind of people again. Just judge Bioshock by what it is, not what it is compared to a game made by that developer.

oblivionboar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 oblivionboar

[QUOTE="oblivionboar"]

Racer850

I guess you've never played crysis?

i guess you haven't played crysis, it can be done on the ps3 that's why the second 1 is coming to the ps3/360 with improved graphics then the 1st. uncharted 2 story owns crysis. its a 2007 game...
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jg4xchamp

Almost every fps i know is over-rated, so yes. There are more fps that are over-rated bioshock(system shock 2 is better), halo, metroid prime,gears of war,resistance,crysis, etc, in fact shooters are the most overrated genre if you ask me.alskdjfhg1

1- You not liking the genre, doesn't mean the genre is or the big games in the genre are overrated. I don't like racing sims very much that doesn't mean I can purly justify saying Gran Turismo or Forza are overrated

2- Metroid Prime? seriously Metroid Prime. That's just hatin.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fenwickhotmail

[QUOTE="alskdjfhg1"]Almost every fps i know is over-rated, so yes. There are more fps that are over-rated bioshock(system shock 2 is better), halo, metroid prime,gears of war,resistance,crysis, etc, in fact shooters are the most overrated genre if you ask me.jg4xchamp

1- You not liking the genre, doesn't mean the genre is or the games are overrated. I don't like racing sims very much that doesn't mean I can purly justify saying Gran Turismo or Forza are overrated

Metroid is overated imo as well.
oblivionboar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 oblivionboar
[QUOTE="alskdjfhg1"]Almost every fps i know is over-rated, so yes. There are more fps that are over-rated bioshock(system shock 2 is better), halo, metroid prime,gears of war,resistance,crysis, etc, in fact shooters are the most overrated genre if you ask me.

bethesda made bioshock, the game had a rpg feel like fallout3 you cant compare that to games that mainly are for online like mw and halo
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="alskdjfhg1"]Almost every fps i know is over-rated, so yes. There are more fps that are over-rated bioshock(system shock 2 is better), halo, metroid prime,gears of war,resistance,crysis, etc, in fact shooters are the most overrated genre if you ask me.fenwickhotmail

1- You not liking the genre, doesn't mean the genre is or the games are overrated. I don't like racing sims very much that doesn't mean I can purly justify saying Gran Turismo or Forza are overrated

How can you people say this? What's so overrated about them?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="alskdjfhg1"]Almost every fps i know is over-rated, so yes. There are more fps that are over-rated bioshock(system shock 2 is better), halo, metroid prime,gears of war,resistance,crysis, etc, in fact shooters are the most overrated genre if you ask me.fenwickhotmail

because? Some elaboration on it's "overrated" status would be very nice :)

alskdjfhg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alskdjfhg1
I love the genre, quake 3, unreal tournament 2k4, No one lives forever, Deus Ex 1 etc
Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3350 Posts

neither. its on par with halo 3 IMO.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fenwickhotmail

[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

jg4xchamp

Didnt it get a 9.6 or something? I just didnt like it, not much story, too much back-tracking, a few annoying gameplay designs, eg. getting blasted off tall structures, shooting doors constantly. Can't put my finger on it particularly, just didnt find it very enjoyable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

its over rated but not as much as halo and MW 1&2

oblivionboar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 oblivionboar

toast_burner
halo 3 is the king of overrated games
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

overrated, controls feel sluggish and weapons feel underpowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
[QUOTE="oblivionboar"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Agreed. average gameplay, below average story, bad characters and good music yet people praise the hell out of it.
BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BattleTurtles
Member since 2009 • 2406 Posts
Overrated by cows. Underrated by Lemmings/Hermits/Sheep
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"] Metroid is overated imo as well.fenwickhotmail

Didnt it get a 9.6 or something? I just didnt like it, not much story, too much back-tracking, a few annoying gameplay designs, eg. getting blasted off tall structures, shooting doors constantly. Can't put my finger on it particularly, just didnt find it very enjoyable.

Story was presented if you went for it. It wasn't a cutscene fest like most games. IT never sacrificed it's immersion for story, it was all about finding lore and reading up on the all the story of what went on and what was going on. Metroid...there's always back tracking :P..but fair complaint. Um...the blasting doors was just too open them...come on now. As for getting blasted off tall structures...*shrugs*..stop getting shot :P But ok....I can see the back tracking getting annoying....and just not getting into it. I personally LOVE the game..so i might have a bias.
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

how can you judge a FPS?, they are all the same, at least KZ2 has the best grapghics of them all.

for the record i an not a fan of FPS, but i am intrested in KZ2 and bioshock 2.

Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

I think it deserves the 9.0 it got. It's a very fun and enjoyable shooter that gets too much praise from cows and too much crap from lemmings.

Phoenix534

Same here. The game deserves the 9 it got. Gameplay is solid, graphics are really good for the time (which seems like a long time, but its only a couple of months) and the online has THE best clan support of any console game I know (and for shooters, I have most of them, at least high profile ones).

So yes, KZ 2 has the content of a 9 game. Yet it does not deserve to be on a GOTY list this year. It has a great value, but some aspects are thin.

In conclusion, the 9 it received is more than deserved. Its the perfect score for this game. More would be Overrating it, and less would be underrating it.

Only Lems and Cows make a fuss about this game. Its a great tactical FPS. The cover system works great and the shooting is also great. No reason to be considered Overrated for getting a 9.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="oblivionboar"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

toast_burner

Agreed. average gameplay, below average story, bad characters and good music yet people praise the hell out of it.

disagree entirely below average? the story is solid, it's presented horribly and the writing needs work(come on now bungie) but the lore is fantastic, and a lot of the story has many good points to it. Characters. Johnson is fine, chief is pretty good...and Cortana is a well developed and great character.

As for gameplay. I will conced the average gunplay. However the overall gameplay is arguably some of the best if not best out of the console shooters. A well designed gameplay built around a trinity of Weapons/Melee/Grenades, on top of that probably the best vehicle controls in a shooter(outside of maybe Tribes or maybe battlefield). People love it, because it does so many things at well. Not fantastic. It doesn't have the speed of an Unreal Tournament, the sheer tactical brilliance of the old Rainbow Six games,and nor does it evolve the genre like Stalker or something like Crysis tried to do for atleast sandbox shooters.

However the online multiplayer is excellent, and the overall campaings from 1-3 were solid for the most part...there were never bad games by any means, and there were a ton of times when the campaigns actually played to the strengths of Halo's gameplay it was damn good. The gunplay is just too weak to make up for the horrible confined corridor shooting you have to do for a good chunk of the game...and then there is the flood. That's just facepalm worthy.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fenwickhotmail
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] because? Some elaboration on it's "overrated" status would be very nice :)

Story was presented if you went for it. It wasn't a cutscene fest like most games. IT never sacrificed it's immersion for story, it was all about finding lore and reading up on the all the story of what went on and what was going on. Metroid...there's always back tracking :P..but fair complaint. Um...the blasting doors was just too open them...come on now. As for getting blasted off tall structures...*shrugs*..stop getting shot :P But ok....I can see the back tracking getting annoying....and just not getting into it. I personally LOVE the game..so i might have a bias.

I might go back to it actually, it's general consesus this game is amazing and some of my friends love it as well so I'm guessing it's just me. Next time I get a holiday I'll reboot it :P
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

how can you judge a FPS?, they are all the same, at least KZ2 has the best grapghics of them all.

2mrw
All FPS are the same? Where did you hear that?
Avatar image for deactivated-58e10fda5672e
deactivated-58e10fda5672e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-58e10fda5672e
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts
Way overrated. I hated this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Overrated by cows. Underrated by Lemmings/Hermits/SheepBattleTurtles
this sums it up.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]

fenwickhotmail

I might go back to it actually, it's general consesus this game is amazing and some of my friends love it as well so I'm guessing it's just me. Next time I get a holiday I'll reboot it :P

Metroid is always been about it's atmosphere, exploration, and the best boss fights in the business. To me if you don't like 1...no way in hell will you like 2. That's ...as Metroid as you can get...for better and for worse :P

As for 3. It's the most streamlined, but it kind of kills a lot of things that make the Metroid games....metroid. Plus the boss fights were too easy, they were cool though. I personally liked them enough to say they are still the best boss fights this gen...outside of some elaborate ones from the RPGs this gen. Then again the boss fights this gen are gutter trash.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

i think it deserves what it got...the graphics are great, the campaign was awesome and fun and the mp is good though ruined by rocket launcher noobs

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
9.0 was spot on. One of the best FPS games of the year. LOVED being able to take cover. Other FPS shooters just don't feel as complete without that feature. It doesn't make sense to me when I can't do it in other games.
Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

9.0 was spot on. One of the best FPS games of the year. LOVED being able to take cover. Other FPS shooters just don't feel as complete without that feature. It doesn't make sense to me when I can't do it in other games. Bread_or_Decide

hahaha, I know what you mean. That feature alone felt like something that should be an standard. The cover was great since it allowed us to use Lean on consoles, and most FPS that have lean on PC, don't have on consoles, which is crap since the leaning "technik" can help you a lot in FPS.

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
It felt more of an 8.0 or less to me. so over rated
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

overrated, controls feel sluggish and weapons feel underpowered

DoomZaW
The weight of the gun felt nice. Too many FPS have you zipping around at the speed of light holding giant weapons. Come on now. Realism has to come into play at some point.
tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

Phoenix534
This. 9.0 is fine. Overhyped, but not overrated in general. Personally, the SP didnt get enough praise, yes the characters were boring, so what, and yeah the stroyline was generic but the actual content was awesome. Never have a i shot a gun so satisfying as the AA gun halfway through the campaign.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I didn't like it at all, but it is a far better game than the last one and just as good as any other console shooter out there that scored in that range.

The graphics were really good although they remind me of why I do not like console FPSs all that much. I really cannot get used to the small FOV in the game. It completely ruins the experience for me. In other games, I can deal with it somewhat, but that and the controls completely turned me off.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="2mrw"]

seeing is believing, so the only thing that appears on the screen is a gun ( avaliable in many sizes and fires all kinds of things, bullets, beams, fire.....etc), then something appears on the screen and it's moving, the next thing is pressing the trigger till it stops moving, and to provide some varaity you can throw a granade..................the end Bioshock is the rare example that's different fro all other shooters, KZ2, Halo, COD, BF..etc, they are all the same wz different enviromnets, this is not bad but to say that one is better than the other one ( they are the same thing basically) is just unlogical.
tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

I didn't like it at all, but it is a far better game than the last one and just as good as any other console shooter out there that scored in that range.

The graphics were really good although they remind me of why I do not like console FPSs all that much. I really cannot get used to the small FOV in the game. It completely ruins the experience for me. In other games, I can deal with it somewhat, but that and the controls completely turned me off.

heretrix
People who get turned off by controls are either stubborn and fussy or have no learning capacity whatsoever. I reckon if KZ2 didn't have the controls it has, i wud have traded it for MW2. As a result, i stick with my KZ2 and wait for BC2.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

oblivionboar

Crysis on low settings MAYBE.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Its presentational quality is undeniable, but I didn't find myself particularly engaged by neither the gameplay or the narrative. Even though the AI is pretty capable and the deliberate feel of movement brings a sense of realism. When I hit an obstacle where I needed to put in some effort to push through I just stopped playing. I don't know if it's shooter fatigue or what, but I didn't much care for Killzone 2. I'd give it a 7/10 on the account of it still very obviously being of high quality.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="2mrw"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="2mrw"]

seeing is believing, so the only thing that appears on the screen is a gun ( avaliable in many sizes and fires all kinds of things, bullets, beams, fire.....etc), then something appears on the screen and it's moving, the next thing is pressing the trigger till it stops moving, and to provide some varaity you can throw a granade..................the end Bioshock is the rare example that's different fro all other shooters, KZ2, Halo, COD, BF..etc, they are all the same wz different enviromnets, this is not bad but to say that one is better than the other one ( they are the same thing basically) is just unlogical.

Crysis, STALKER, Cryostasis, ARMA II, are all very differen't from what you see in games like Call of Duty. You're over simplifying the game mechanics and design.