Killzone 2 is going to be all graphics, no gameplay.

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Metsvideogame
Member since 2008 • 1145 Posts
I just saw the newest gameplay video, and it sure does look good, but the AI is absolutely awful. I mean guys dont try and find cover, all they do is kneel on one knee and wait for you to pick them off. AA material, and if it was as good as SONY was saying, they would of put it against Gears 2. Instead they settle for a Feburary release 2009. lol gotta love it.
ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts
It's a 2009 feb release date because many shooters are coming out Q4 2008 (Resistance 2, Gears 2, etc) Seriously, atleast think before smashing your head on your keyboard.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Metsvideogame

It's a 2009 feb release date because many shooters are coming out Q4 2008 (Resistance 2, Gears 2, etc) Seriously, atleast think before smashing your head on your keyboard.ChrnoTrigger

nice excuse for a game thats been in dev since 2005. lol

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
Ever heard of a thing called WORK IN PROGRESS? Theres still what, like eight months till KZ2 comes out, do you really think they're just going to spend that time not improving the game?
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

So, it's Metal Gear Solid then?

:P

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Metsvideogame

Ever heard of a thing called WORK IN PROGRESS? Theres still what, like eight months till KZ2 comes out, do you really think they're just going to spend that time not improving the game?ONLYDOD

you could work in progress with any game until you are blue in the face. This game has been in development since the inception of the game system.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
First of all, OP, that's a very good bussiness decision. It's not about acting cool but to make money and keep the bussiness going. I'd love to see you run a company. And second of all, no gameplay? Horrid a.i.? What game doesn't have horrid a.i? COD 4? And there are several months left for improvement. Guerilla have already said that they are polishing the game now.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
Sony can't release 2 exclusives FPS games in the same period. Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 released in FALL would be crazy! They already confirmed it.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Metsvideogame

So, it's Metal Gear Solid then?

:P

thrones

come on, even I admitted that MGS4 was going to be great.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Sadly I think that's how its going to be too. I'm seriously hoping there's a good story in there.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Metsvideogame

Sony can't release 2 exclusives FPS games in the same period. Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 released in FALL would be crazy! They already confirmed it.AgentH

sounds like a nice excuse.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thrones
Sony can't release 2 exclusives FPS games in the same period. Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 released in FALL would be crazy! They already confirmed it.AgentH
Don't forgot SOCOM: Confrontation, also in the shooter genre.
sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

February 2009...

But my hype for this game has left me, It has been delayed too many times that I feel like it will be like Haze.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ONLYDOD

[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Ever heard of a thing called WORK IN PROGRESS? Theres still what, like eight months till KZ2 comes out, do you really think they're just going to spend that time not improving the game?Metsvideogame

you could work in progress with any game until you are blue in the face. This game has been in development since the inception of the game system.

And thats alot of time to develop a potentially great game.

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bungie93
Member since 2008 • 2445 Posts
The game doesn't even look that good. Gears 2 looks much better and will play much better as well.
Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts

[QUOTE="AgentH"]Sony can't release 2 exclusives FPS games in the same period. Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 released in FALL would be crazy! They already confirmed it.Metsvideogame

Its a good idea that their doing it. Buisness comes first and releasing Resistance 2, Socom, and Killzone 2 in the same time period spells disaster for at least one of them. This has nothing to do with Gears 2. If it did, you wouldn't see Resistance 2 coming out so close to it.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Metsvideogame
all i hear is excuses, I guess i would do the same thing if the gameplay looked so scripted. AA material. 8.5. Good showing, but not what people are thinking.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Ever heard of a thing called WORK IN PROGRESS? Theres still what, like eight months till KZ2 comes out, do you really think they're just going to spend that time not improving the game?ONLYDOD

ah sometimes you poop or get off the bowl. I love the graphics, but the gameplay looks scripted to me.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thrones
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="AgentH"]Sony can't release 2 exclusives FPS games in the same period. Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 released in FALL would be crazy! They already confirmed it.Broman6015

Its a good idea that their doing it. Buisness comes first and releasing Resistance 2, Socom, and Killzone 2 in the same time period spells disaster for at least one of them. This has nothing to do with Gears 2. If it did, you wouldn't see Resistance 2 coming out so close to it.

That and Resistance is a third party exclusive, so they have to play nice with them. On the other hand, they can kick Guerilla all they want and since they're a first party developer they have to bend over and ask for more.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thrones
[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Ever heard of a thing called WORK IN PROGRESS? Theres still what, like eight months till KZ2 comes out, do you really think they're just going to spend that time not improving the game?Metsvideogame

ah sometimes you poop or get off the bowl. I love the graphics, but the gameplay looks scripted to me.

So are most shooters, from Project Origin to Gears of War to Call of Duty 4 and even Halo 3.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Broman6015"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="AgentH"]Sony can't release 2 exclusives FPS games in the same period. Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 released in FALL would be crazy! They already confirmed it.thrones

That and Resistance is a third party exclusive, so they have to play nice with them. On the other hand, they can kick Guerilla all they want and since they're a first party developer they have to bend over and ask for more.

MSFT should of held off on HALO 3 until some desolate month like April 2009 as well. Good strategy.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Broman6015"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="AgentH"]Sony can't release 2 exclusives FPS games in the same period. Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 released in FALL would be crazy! They already confirmed it.Metsvideogame

MSFT should of held off on HALO 3 until some desolate month like April 2009 as well. Good strategy.

So desolate GTAIV launched to great success? And Bungie is also first party for Microsoft.
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ONLYDOD
[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

I think you should write a letter of complaint to Guerilla.

Beastfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Beastfrog
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts
The intelligence of the A.I. depends on the difficulty setting. Don't ever say that a game has bad A.I. until you've seen them on the highest difficulty setting. A lot of gameplay videos for any game are played on the easiest difficulty so they don't die while showing off their game.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Metsvideogame

The intelligence of the A.I. depends on the difficulty setting. Don't ever say that a game has bad A.I. until you've seen them on the highest difficulty setting. A lot of gameplay videos for any game are played on the easiest difficulty so they don't die while showing off their game.Beastfrog

thats a good point, but it just seemed overly scripted to me. I think the guerilla team focused too much on making the game look like the trailer and forgot that it needs awesome gameplay to really be what they want it to be.

Beastfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Beastfrog
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

[QUOTE="Beastfrog"]The intelligence of the A.I. depends on the difficulty setting. Don't ever say that a game has bad A.I. until you've seen them on the highest difficulty setting. A lot of gameplay videos for any game are played on the easiest difficulty so they don't die while showing off their game.Metsvideogame

thats a good point, but it just seemed overly scripted to me. I think the guerilla team focused too much on making the game look like the trailer and forgot that it needs awesome gameplay to really be what they want it to be.

Yeah, I'm not following Killzone all that much. If it turns out great, great I'll buy it. If it sucks then I could care less with all the other games coming out in '09.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I think KZ2 looks amazing all the way around, the gameplay looks fun as well. Especially the most recent videos. I'm not sure what video you are talking about.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Metsvideogame

I think KZ2 looks amazing all the way around, the gameplay looks fun as well. Especially the most recent videos. I'm not sure what video you are talking about.EmperorSupreme

well of course you would say that, you are up for fanboy of the year for SONY. =)

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]I think KZ2 looks amazing all the way around, the gameplay looks fun as well. Especially the most recent videos. I'm not sure what video you are talking about.Metsvideogame

well of course you would say that, you are up for fanboy of the year for SONY. =)

Well do you have a link to the video? :)

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts

this game has been in development since the day you were born. seriously stop acting like a 5 year old its been delayed because they dont wanna release resistance at the same time.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]I think KZ2 looks amazing all the way around, the gameplay looks fun as well. Especially the most recent videos. I'm not sure what video you are talking about.EmperorSupreme

Well do you have a link to the video? :)

im just playing, yes i saw the new video, it looks really awesome, just kinda scripted. It might be because its on easy setting. who knows.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
I'm not overly hyped about KZ2. If the game turns out great, then fine. I'll pick it up down the road sometime, but it's definitely not a pre-order for me. I'm more hyped about Resistance 2 now, more then any other FPS on the PS3.
chaosX303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chaosX303
Member since 2005 • 1211 Posts
I'll admit the A.I needs in the video i saw today, but for all we know is the games on the easiest setting.If that were the case you can't really say the A.I is horrible until you see it on the highest difficulty setting,but then again all the highest difficuilty might do is make enemies harder to kill not smarter.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

[QUOTE="Beastfrog"]The intelligence of the A.I. depends on the difficulty setting. Don't ever say that a game has bad A.I. until you've seen them on the highest difficulty setting. A lot of gameplay videos for any game are played on the easiest difficulty so they don't die while showing off their game.Metsvideogame

The core gameplay appears to be about as good as you're gonna see in a linear FPS with scripted set pieces. It has as refined gunplay as we have pretty much ever seen, the audio-visual presentation is masterful, and people who have played the game have said some good things about the A.I. (especially the friendly A.I., which is supposed to be excellent).

DarkStar4565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DarkStar4565
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

PLS killzone 2 live up to the hype

PSN ID: Primalfear7

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
I thought the cinematics in the video were terrible. One second you're shooting some guy, then it switches over to this terrible in game cutscene showing the enemies kill one of your guys. I'm like "wtf is this :?"
bam706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bam706
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts
all i hear is excuses, I guess i would do the same thing if the gameplay looked so scripted. AA material. 8.5. Good showing, but not what people are thinking.Metsvideogame
wow what world are we living in now, since when a 8.5 is bad lol.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
You can't judge gameplay because the game is not out yet, so this topic fails by definition.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="Beastfrog"]The intelligence of the A.I. depends on the difficulty setting. Don't ever say that a game has bad A.I. until you've seen them on the highest difficulty setting. A lot of gameplay videos for any game are played on the easiest difficulty so they don't die while showing off their game.Zeliard9

The core gameplay appears to be about as good as you're gonna see in a linear FPS with scripted set pieces. It has as refined gunplay as we have pretty much ever seen, the audio-visual presentation is masterful, and people who have played the game have said some good things about the A.I. (especially the friendly A.I., which is supposed to be excellent).

im sorry but this game cant even compare to Gears 2 either, i just saw the video on that.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Metsvideogame

[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]all i hear is excuses, I guess i would do the same thing if the gameplay looked so scripted. AA material. 8.5. Good showing, but not what people are thinking.bam706

this game is either AAAE or bust.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

[QUOTE="bam706"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]all i hear is excuses, I guess i would do the same thing if the gameplay looked so scripted. AA material. 8.5. Good showing, but not what people are thinking.Metsvideogame

this game is either AAAE or bust.

im thinking its gonna get no better then an 8.0. im prob still gonna buy it or at least rent it.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

I thought the cinematics in the video were terrible. One second you're shooting some guy, then it switches over to this terrible in game cutscene showing the enemies kill one of your guys. I'm like "wtf is this :?"DivergeUnify

That will not be featured in the game. We're talking about an FPS here not God of War... they just switched some instances of the game to different angles of vision. Probably to portray the universe around the player outside of the first person view. It's just a tweaked gameplay video.

Thepla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Thepla
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
Gears 2 is going to be all graphics, no gameplay. Duck and shoot, now thats what i call a gameplay :roll:
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

I just wish they'd stop showing off the same damn level. Every time they show new screens or videos it's the same big grey building with shouting and shooting and orange explosions. Am i meant to be wowed by them showing off the same thing again? :?

Show something else guys.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

I just wish they'd stop showing off the same damn level. Every time they show new screens or videos it's the same big grey building with shouting and shooting and orange explosions. Am i meant to be wowed by them showing off the same thing again? :?

Ninja-Hippo

Keeping the other levels secret possibly? like with MGS4 they were only showing the Middle-East.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

all i hear is excuses, I guess i would do the same thing if the gameplay looked so scripted. AA material. 8.5. Good showing, but not what people are thinking.Metsvideogame

Changed your mind didn't you? All graphics no gameplay yet still an 8.5...yeah because that's such a bad score.

The AI will be fine, their PSP game Killzone Liberation had great AI that would flank you, amass and thus outnumber you and in general kick your as. Plus the game isn't supposed to be a realistic war simulator, it's meant to be a cinematic and involving experience, like Call of Duty, as in the AI generally stick to set places to make the overall theme more cinematic.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Metsvideogame

Gears 2 is going to be all graphics, no gameplay. Duck and shoot, now thats what i call a gameplay :roll:Thepla

Gears 2 gameplay looks so much better than Killzone 2. Sorry failure is a crime.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

sam280992

Keeping the other levels secret possibly? like with MGS4 they were only showing the Middle-East.

I'd rather they not show anything than the same tired stuff all over again. I thought "wow" when they first showed off gameplay, but that new stuff released just bored me. Same old same old. Grey buildings. Orange explosions. Yelling.

_Nightcrawle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 _Nightcrawle_
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts
i don't hear a lot of negative things in previews about the gameplay
Thepla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Thepla
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

[QUOTE="Thepla"]Gears 2 is going to be all graphics, no gameplay. Duck and shoot, now thats what i call a gameplay :roll:Metsvideogame

Gears 2 gameplay looks so much better than Killzone 2. Sorry failure is a crime.

Killzone 2 gameplay looks so much better than gears 2. Sorry failure IS a crime.