Killzone 2. BRAND NEW Beta Gameplay!! ABSOLUTLY Amazing! Link

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wklzip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 wklzip
Member since 2005 • 13925 Posts
Looks amazing!
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

Wow, I want my 2 minutes back. 2 minutes of random run&gun close-combat spraying is not "amazing". Seriously, this game has "generic console trash" written all over it. I feel sorry for people who are so FPS-starved that they are anticipating that trash.

Bazooka_4ME

...hater at its finest! :lol:

I've been playing online FPS since 1998. Please convince me that this game is special or any good at all. This should be interesting.

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

Wasn't much of a showcase for the tactical aspects. :P

It looks absolutely stunning, graphically. This game is quite possibly the most visually exaggerated of all time, from the lighting to the red-hot bullet crators left over from every shot, to the smoke and blood effects. :shock:

I'm surprised at how accurate the weapons are when players are not even aiming down the sights. :?

Mordred19

i agree, too much close combat and the so-called 1st person cover mechanics are not well implented/used in that vid.

and the weapons are too accurate in close combat. :?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The graphics are nice but that's about it. It looks like every other multiplayer shooter I've ever played in my life. At least Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead offer something different for a change.

And after playing Mirror's Edge I kind of despise dark, washed out greys and browns.
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 joopyme
[QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"][QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

Wow, I want my 2 minutes back. 2 minutes of random run&gun close-combat spraying is not "amazing". Seriously, this game has "generic console trash" written all over it. I feel sorry for people who are so FPS-starved that they are anticipating that trash.

ReddestSkies

I've been playing online FPS since 1998. Please convince me that this game is special or any good at all. This should be interesting.

Here you go.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"][QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]

joopyme

Here you go.

Wow, it has gimmicks. Gimmicks are cool, they work pretty damn well at killing the little skills that might be involved in such a shallow game! Skills-killing is amazing!

Nope, not convinced. That features list just makes me think that the game might actually be worse than it seems.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
[QUOTE="Mordred19"]

It looks absolutely stunning, graphically. This game is quite possibly the most visually exaggerated of all time, from the lighting to the red-hot bullet crators left over from every shot, to the smoke and blood effects. :shock:

I'm surprised at how accurate the weapons are when players are not even aiming down the sights. :?

joopyme

i agree, too much close combat and the so-called 1st person cover mechanics are not well implented/used in that vid.

I heard that the first person cover system was removed from multiplayer, and if it wasn't, there definetly weren't any players actually using that feature to stick behind any cover.

But you see that a lot in MP games. It just takes a while for people to catch onto something that's not immediatly evident but useful. I hope the 1st-person cover is in the final MP game.

and close combat shooting isn't a problem, it's natural for one to be able to hit another person more easily while hip firing if they are much closer to you. It's just that I saw a lot of medium/long-range hip firing with basically no scattering of the shots.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
[QUOTE="joopyme"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]

Mordred19

I heard that the first person cover system was removed from multiplayer, and if it wasn't, there definetly weren't any players actually using that feature to stick behind any cover.

But you see that a lot in MP games. It just takes a while for people to catch onto something that's not immediatly evident but useful. I hope the 1st-person cover is in the final MP game.

and close combat shooting isn't a problem, it's natural for one to be able to hit another person more easily while hip firing if they are much closer to you. It's just that I saw a lot of medium/long-range hip firing with basically no scattering of the shots.

why the hell would they take out the cover system in MP?
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
I am no longer looking at any more videos. You guys are just going to ruin an awesome game for me. I will just take everyones word for it that it is an awesome game. This game looks like a must buy I hope it lives up to the hype.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

joopyme

Here you go.

Wow, that system sounds great. I hope there's a cosmetic aspect to customization as well.

rocoswav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 rocoswav
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts
it looks absolutely incredible can't wait
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

joopyme

Here you go.

DUDE! Saboteur sounds Wicked!! There are so many skills to chose from. :D I hope they fine tune this game to be a well deserved AAA title.

Oh and guys, don't listen to the lemming around, just ignore him and it will go away. ;)

edit: I can't believe you can't say clas-ses without it getting censored. 

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14827 Posts
I can't wait to play this. I just hope I don't get disappointed like with the first one.
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts

Mordred19
Accurate? It looked like most of the time he hit everything but the helghast and out of sheer volume of bullets hit a few of them.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17460 Posts
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42799.html Wow now I know why everyone is so hyped for this game! I just checked out this video and OMG this game looks amazing.. Watch the whole thing because the last few minutes shows up Shotgun action, the multiplayer of this game looks amazingCODjon84
Have you played the beta?? Its simply COD4 with a better lighting engine (at the expense of textures) I really dont know why most people are in denial about this. when the game releases, im sure there will be mention of this in the written reviews
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 joopyme
[QUOTE="Mordred19"][QUOTE="joopyme"] [QUOTE="Mordred19"][QUOTE="joopyme"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]

-Mad_Rhetoric-

even if it does take a while to get used to the newly implented system, i NEVER saw anyone use it.

why'd they remove the coversystem in MP?

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 joopyme

[QUOTE="CODjon84"]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42799.html Wow now I know why everyone is so hyped for this game! I just checked out this video and OMG this game looks amazing.. Watch the whole thing because the last few minutes shows up Shotgun action, the multiplayer of this game looks amazingnavyguy21
Have you played the beta?? Its simply COD4 with a better lighting engine (at the expense of textures) I really dont know why most people are in denial about this. when the game releases, im sure there will be mention of this in the written reviews

have YOU played the beta?

if you did, you seem unsatisfied.

can i have the codes? :D

Avatar image for ExplosiveChorro
ExplosiveChorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ExplosiveChorro
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
Wow. february cant come soon enough. hype for this game just went up more.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17460 Posts
as

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="CODjon84"]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42799.html Wow now I know why everyone is so hyped for this game! I just checked out this video and OMG this game looks amazing.. Watch the whole thing because the last few minutes shows up Shotgun action, the multiplayer of this game looks amazingjoopyme

have YOU played the beta?

if you did, you seem unsatisfied.

can i have the codes? :D

Oh no, im satisfied with the game, its fun, but like i said, its ALOT like COD4. and the graphics are overhyped. I think anyone who has played the beta would agree. It looks so much like COD4 (but with a superb lighting engine) and the animations are smoother and more varied, and your characters have weight to them, but thats about where the differences end. the textures are worse than COD4, even worse than MGS4 (yes i have the game fanboys:P) and is covered up but the dark(but still great) lighting engine, and motion blur (way overused)why does a guy "motion blur" to the ground when he dies?:lol: )

mhsdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mhsdrake
Member since 2007 • 3091 Posts
Wow for some reason I havnt been convinced about this game (games that take so long to make always seem to flop) but the videos that they keep putting out look really awesome. The gameplay is clearly sweet and the graphics look amazing the only thing that can let it down from here is if it has a bad story line and voice acting or if it has "extreme badditude" as GS puts it.
xXSecksXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 xXSecksXx
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts
Didn't think the game would look THAT good. The screen shots I've seen didn't do the game much justice, but damn the video sure did.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
Do you think there is enough auto aim to compensate for the lack of skill? jesus. hopesfall2own
There actually is no auto aim. The game is pretty difficult
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
What was so amazing about that video? :?
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

[QUOTE="CODjon84"]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42799.html Wow now I know why everyone is so hyped for this game! I just checked out this video and OMG this game looks amazing.. Watch the whole thing because the last few minutes shows up Shotgun action, the multiplayer of this game looks amazingPrimusGears

Crysis looks amazing, this looks good a little bit better than COD4, and I liked the music. It looks AAA.

That's exactly what i was thinking. I wasn't impressed, but its still not terrible by any means.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
[QUOTE="joopyme"][QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

ReddestSkies

Here you go.

Wow, it has gimmicks. Gimmicks are cool, they work pretty damn well at killing the little skills that might be involved in such a shallow game! Skills-killing is amazing!

Nope, not convinced. That features list just makes me think that the game might actually be worse than it seems.

Hey cool, you linked my blog joopyme :). As for calling it gimmicks....please explain how? These features are the layers of content that makes the core game mechanics have diversity and longevity. You seem to be treading fanboy territory :?. As a fan of shooters, how can this not be intriguing? Name 3 shooters this generation on consoles that provide more content in an amazing graphics package please.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]

joopyme

even if it does take a while to get used to the newly implented system, i NEVER saw anyone use it.

why'd they remove the coversystem in MP?

They removed the cover in MP for good and here's why:

"It didn't work too well in the 360 degree combat environment that is multiplayer," wrote Downie on the Official PlayStation forums. "In single player the path is more linear and the action is usually ahead of the player. In MP levels are more arena based and you are more susceptible to flanking and being attacked from various angles."

Downie continued to explain how in multiplayer, the developer found that players were actually working against the "lean and peak" system, and concluded it was simply best to remove it altogether.

"We found that the L&P system didn't add anything in that scenario and that players often actually took a step back from cover objects to give themselves a little more freedom to move, so they were actually working against the system, so we ripped it back out," wrote Downie.

"Crouching was deemed sufficient."

When I first thought about it I was upset, but then came to realize the affects and importance of excluding it. See in Gears the player is in 3rd person and has a 360 degree camera to utilize while in cover, so seeing your surroundings is available and necessary. KZ2 is in first-person and utilizing that key advantage is absent, putting you at a disadvantade if another player were to flank you (realistic I know, but would piss everyone off :P) and you'd be stuck to the environment with little control over your movement/aim. So far, no one has complained about it in the beta to my knowledge and its working fine :).

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="joopyme"][QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

Mordred19

Here you go.

Wow, that system sounds great. I hope there's a cosmetic aspect to customization as well.

Unfortunately its limited to your c|ass. Your character takes on the visual identety of the 'primary badge' you have equipped. Like in Team Fortress.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
Ouch, apparently that was headshot only, that's why he died alot @ the beginning. noobish child playing a wasted beta code. :/
TheOddQuantum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheOddQuantum
Member since 2008 • 2472 Posts
Looks quite good... I might get it.
impattack420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 impattack420
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts

The game does nothing new lol.

half life 2 deathmatch and doom3,unreal tournament 3 on pc own this.

doom3/half life 2 you can use gravity gun in the multiplayer.

doom3's double barrell shotgun **** owns.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts

Just because it LOOKS amazing doesn't mean IT WILL BE amazing.

Great Graphics DO NOT equal Great GAMEPLAY

impattack420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 impattack420

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_9421_en.html

some more killzone2 beta footage.

i have been playing fps since they started...everyone probley thinks im crazy.

but doom3 multiplayer actually is better...because you can rocket jump,strafe jump and other stuff.

impattack420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 impattack420

the multiplayer looks decent....besides horrible death animations doesnt look to have much weapons though.

it kinda feels like ive already played this game before doesnt really do anything new for fps genre..

oh on side note half life 2 deathmatch kicks ass because it has crouch jumping...lol lets you jump over objects you wouldnt think you could get over/on top.

surferdude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 surferdude17
Member since 2003 • 599 Posts
This game looks awesome.
No_Quoter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 No_Quoter
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42799.html Wow now I know why everyone is so hyped for this game! I just checked out this video and OMG this game looks amazing.. Watch the whole thing because the last few minutes shows up Shotgun action, the multiplayer of this game looks amazingCODjon84

We all know why its hyped and why so many people think it will be the best console shooter so lets not beat around the bush and get straight to the point the game looks the dogs b******* but watching the game puts me to sleep and is basicaly just b*******.

Elite-Realist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Elite-Realist
Member since 2007 • 556 Posts
sounds cool
impattack420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 impattack420

the map designs are decent though...they seem to have narrow/cluster ****ed area's where it makes for crazy/upclose battles....

Norule04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Norule04
Member since 2004 • 8985 Posts

wow the framerate is craptacular

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

wow that looks good.

You can see on the pillars there they have surface destruction, it was in another video.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

but doom3 multiplayer actually is better...because you can rocket jump,strafe jump and other stuff.

impattack420

Yep, I think your crazy!!

You say doom 3 you can rocket jump but then go onto say that KZ2 does nothing new lol. I mean there has been other games with rocket jumping, so did you bash them? Also I think that kind of gameplay is looked at as gimicky now, think most people don't want to play games that look like your playing against a bunch of rabbits chasing each other around a room lol. Just look how well UTIII did, that should tell you something.

claywalker21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 claywalker21
Member since 2008 • 506 Posts
im in the beta and this game has zero aut aim i was shooting at a guy 4 five seconds wondering y he wasnst dying then i looked closely and my reticle was less than a centimeter from body.every 1 in the beta knows theres no auto aim ive even seen a thread on the private beta forums about aim and a dev. confirmed they wouldn't be adding it.this games alot more skill than any shooter ive played and all the classes are balanced perfectly even the invisible sniper.o ya ive its the best game ive ever played
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

wow the framerate is craptacular

Norule04
says the guy with a gears avatar
HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#94 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts
Oooh, looks chaotic. Me like.
DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"]Do you think there is enough auto aim to compensate for the lack of skill? jesus. 0bscurity

Are you kidding me? That's gotta be some of the worst damage control I've seen.

So the game isn't open to criticism without it being damage control?

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

impattack420

Wait a minute... UT 2004 kills Doom 3 multiplayer. You can strafe jump as well. As for rocket jumping. TF:Classsic was the first game to do it and is still the most fun with TF2 IMO :). But is it a bad thing that you can't rocket jump?

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 TREAL_Since

Didn't think the game would look THAT good. The screen shots I've seen didn't do the game much justice, but damn the video sure did.xXSecksXx

I know. Its one of those games that looks 10X better in motion. KZ2 is a sight to behold indeed.

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

impattack420

Woobabooba?

Anyway, you're just trolling if you think Doom 3 has better multiplayer. Also the animation of the chatracters when being shot is one thing this game does really well. It has a very good fluid feel which I think makes the game look excellent. So I for one completely disagree with you lol.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="impattack420"]

DAZZER7

Woobabooba?

Anyway, you're just trolling if you think Doom 3 has better multiplayer. Also the animation of the chatracters when being shot is one thing this game does really well. It has a very good fluid feel which I think makes the game look excellent. So I for one completely disagree with you lol.

:lol: I think it is him! He was awesome no doubt.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

Woah, that looks intense....

I like! :D