Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58955 Posts

Unfortunately it's this one.

Not this one.

Dragon Ball FighterZ appears to be getting Kid Goku from Dragon Ball GT as a DLC character in Season 2

Looks like another one of the Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 2 DLC characters has been revealed. Dragon Ball GT's version of Goku is reportedly joining the fight.

The information comes from the latest issue Monthly V-Jump magazine (via Ryokutya2089). As scan has not been released yet, but it will likely follow soon.

Thanks to Gematsu's translation, we have some preliminary details on GT Goku.

Apparently, this version of Goku will have a special move called "Super Kamehameha." Likely a standard beam attack, reports say that Goku will actually transform into Super Saiyan 3 when performing this move if there are two or less fighters left on his team.

His Meteor Attacks (supers) include a “Super Spirit Bomb” and another that has not yet been revealed.

This Goku will also come equipped with “Power Pole” and “Reverse Kamehameha" attacks, though specifics on what these are were not given.

Though we do see an adult version of Goku in GT, it is very likely that this Dragon Ball FighterZ character will be the child form due to he being the only form that turns Super Saiyan 3 in Dragon Ball GT.

Kid Goku makes for the first Dragon Ball GT character in Dragon Ball FighterZ, meaning we now have representation from almost all main series of Dragon Ball: Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super, the Dragon Ball Z films, and GT. The original Dragon Ball has yet to see a representative.

Considering the V-Jump magazine reveal, chances are Dragon Ball GT Goku is next in line for Season 2. He will be joining Videl and Jiren (who are already available), as well as Dragon Ball Super Broly and Gogeta who are the final two characters of the season. This leaves one character unannounced at this point in time.

Thanks to iShoryucant, KatzuyaSagara, Cael, DJ_Freeze, daishinkan, and Stee1_Legend for sending this our way.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Dope id like more gt characters

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

Dammit I wanted Master Roshi, Mr.Satan, Toppo or Janemba. At least they gave GT Goku the power pole.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

It’s Mr. Satan or bust at this point

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

GT is an abomination. Also, I need to buy this game.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Much as GT is despised (and I sympathize), I'm still glad it's still brought up in these games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

allied to good, nightmare to you

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

Does he turn SSJ4? or is it the smol SSJ3?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup

@anthonyautumns said:

Does he turn SSJ4? or is it the smol SSJ3?

3 from the sounds of it.

Never liked the design of 4.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I remember that smol Goku at Dragon Ball GT Final Bout during the PS1 era. He was harder to hit compared to other characters.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

@anthonyautumns said:

@uninspiredcup: I remember that smol Goku at Dragon Ball GT Final Bout during the PS1 era. He was harder to hit compared to other characters.

The idea of different sized characters in fighting games is interesting when they change up the play-style in a significant manner.

I remember everyone bitching about Abigail, "is this a joke?, but he ended up being one of the most interesting and strongest character in the game.

Loading Video...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#12 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

@anthonyautumns said:

I remember playing that (and SNES game DBZ Hyper Dimension) before I started watching DBZ.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By uninspiredcup

Aside from Videl they are being fairly uncreative with the DLC imo.

Compare it to the creative shit SFV did.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I havent' played any of these B DBZ fighter games because I don't like figher games honestly particular 2d fighters in particular (see the prev thing almost with the comments i Have here I guess)

But honesetly hey I know this could be a time for a change summer/spring is the time for those things isn't it? I guess maybe I'mjust makng that up seems liket this could be

an ok game to start with.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NoodleFighter

@uninspiredcup: They might as well call the game Goku FighterZ. I think DBFZ showcases the problem of the Dragon Ball series which is hardly anyone besides Goku has the spotlight on themselves for more than a quick moment. All because Goku fans get incredibly whiny if he isn't the main attraction every 10 seconds.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uninspiredcup

@NoodleFighter said:

@uninspiredcup: They might as well call the game Goku FighterZ. I think DBFZ showcases the problem of the Dragon Ball series which is hardly anyone besides Goku has the spotlight on themselves for more than a quick moment. All because Goku fans get incredibly whiny if he isn't the main attraction every 10 seconds.

They are using non-cannon broly so no reason they couldn't use the liked of Pikkon or Janemba. Janemba especially had a very unique gimmick that, probably would have translated to interesting gameplay.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NoodleFighter

@uninspiredcup: Yeah I really want Janemba in this game too. He has a lot of unique moves that could translate to this game well. He also ranked third in the Season 2 DLC survey. I wonder if they gave us GT Kid Goku instead of DB Kid Goku because he DB Goku can't fly and they want to keep it somewhat canonical.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I might care depending on his assist and his mixups.