zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Thanks ShitEnix with your stupid decisions last Deus Ex which was mechanically a great game and a beloved franchise sold less. And now instead of removing microtransactions and giving us a complete game, these idiots have moved Eidos Montreal to work on a shitty superhero comic game. God I hate ShitEnix, I hope somehow Eidos becomes independent again.

Source

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Don't blame the publisher for making a sound business decision, blame the fans for not putting their money where their mouths are. No one bought Mankind Divided. Why would Square Enix make another one?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

I did my part - well, at least at retail. I've yet to start the game on PS4 :P

But it's okay, Cyberpunk 2077 will tide us over and inspire the next Deus Ex game. Perhaps it may also provide space in the market for a quality GitS game....

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zeeshanhaider

Yeah, microtransactions in a full priced game, augmentations locked to microtransactions, cut the game in half to make room for a sequel. The bad reputation and ShitEnix's stupid publishing decisions killed it. I hope the next Marvel game flops hard.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Dues Ex is overrated anyway.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

I got the CE for PS$, I liked it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Well this to me is really disappointing. Loved MD and didn't even noticed it had microtransactions that affected the main game in any way. Also loved the story being more focused. Very disappointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Games like this are just to expensive to make now. Expect to see far fewer big budget SP only games in the future as devs just can't get a decent return on them to make them worthwhile.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

It's a real shame because I loved Human Revolution and Mankind Divided... hopefully it's not gone forever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@boycie:

Maybe I have this wrong, weren't Square-Enix the same publisher that said they were disappointed with the sales of Tomb Raider, despite the game selling very well?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

Squeenix is all about dat cash.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Don't blame the publisher for making a sound business decision, blame the fans for not putting their money where their mouths are. No one bought Mankind Divided. Why would Square Enix make another one?

No one bought it because of the negative mantra surrounding the game;

- Too similar to Human Revolution with no substantial differences. It's basically Human Revolution, but more. Not a bad thing, but not a spectacular thing either considering that HR came out in 2011. It's just safe.. no passion.

- Weak plot, stupidly abrupt ending that's a painfully obvious set up for a sequel. It doesn't even offer a proper ending. It just ends in the middle of the plot.

- Microtransactions (for God's sake. Don't pull shit like this in a fully priced, single-player retail game, developers)

.. All in all, i can see why it canned. And why it's utterly forgotten.

David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts

That "augment your preorder" shit probably didn't help matters

Also the PC port was garbage. First game I ever had to refund.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@boycie said:

Games like this are just to expensive to make now. Expect to see far fewer big budget SP only games in the future as devs just can't get a decent return on them to make them worthwhile.

Sounds great, i want SP games to be 7-10hrs at most.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:
@boycie said:

Even less chance of a 7 - 10 hour SP only game you can play through in a few days and then trade in. Do games like that even exist anymore?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@boycie said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@boycie said:

Even less chance of a 7 - 10 hour SP only game you can play through in a few days and then trade in. Do games like that even exist anymore?

Halo 5 felt good, you can play through in one session and not over 10hrs :D

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZombieProof
Member since 2016 • 359 Posts

@phbz said:

Well this to me is really disappointing. Loved MD and didn't even noticed it had microtransactions that affected the main game in any way. Also loved the story being more focused. Very disappointed.

Same here. Sadly because of the highly blown out of proportion rhetoric about the microtransactions fans "voted with their wallets" and here we are.

Good job "fans". You showed em.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZombieProof

@Lucianu said:
@charizard1605 said:

No one bought it because of the negative mantra surrounding the game;

- Too similar to Human Revolution with no substantial differences. It's basically Human Revolution, but more. Not a bad thing, but not a spectacular thing either considering that HR came out in 2011. It's just safe.. no passion.

- Weak plot, stupidly abrupt ending that's a painfully obvious set up for a sequel. It doesn't even offer a proper ending. It just ends in the middle of the plot.

- Microtransactions (for God's sake. Don't pull shit like this in a fully priced, single-player retail game, developers)

.. All in all, i can see why it canned. And why it's utterly forgotten.

All of those suppositions are weak and hold no water, especially to those who've actually played and experienced the game instead of passing baseless rhetoric back and forth willy nilly.

Like I said in my above post, great job "fans". Way to show em.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

The game sucked.. the shooting mechanics were terrible, graphics sucked, level design was horrible. I wanted to like it but couldn't.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605: I bought MD bro. Awesome game. Story has hit and miss, yes, but the gameplay? Awesome.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25064 Posts

If its true than F***K Square enix and Eidos montreal. you killed Greatest of all time franchise. Human revolution was greatest comeback of old classic and that time i develop faith in you guys

by playing mankind divided i feel like they didnot care about the game at all. they rushed it, they incomplete it, they cut the content, unfinish ending. whole game feel like useless prequel compare to HR.

Sell this series to Night dive studio and save us all.

Thank GOD for System shock remake and System shock 3.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@zombieproof said:

All of those suppositions are weak and hold no water, especially to those who've actually played and experienced the game instead of passing baseless rhetoric back and forth willy nilly.

my friend, as you know i am biggest deus ex fan on internet. remember how I praised Deus Ex HR in 2011 when i was on GT?

sadly mankind divided suck compare to HR and Original game. MD is HR DLC with remastered visual and unfinish story. game lack variety and has only one location.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZombieProof

@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

my friend, as you know i am biggest deus ex fan on internet. remember how I praised Deus Ex HR in 2011 when i was on GT?

sadly mankind divided suck compare to HR and Original game. MD is HR DLC with remastered visual and unfinish story. game lack variety and has only one location.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this for the thousandth time because you're incapable of offering an intellectual counterpoint required for actual discussion.

I will say that the baseless hyperbole you and your internet ilk has spread regarding this game has done it's job so enjoy the lack of future installments on a franchise you claim to love so much.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghosts4ever
@zombieproof said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this for the thousandth time because you're incapable of offering an intellectual counterpoint required for actual discussion.

I will say that the baseless hyperbole you and your internet ilk has spread regarding this game has done it's job so enjoy the lack of future installments on a franchise you claim to love so much.

I want them to sell Deus Ex IP to either Bathesda so arkane can develop it or night dive studio that is full of old looking glass people and warren spector work there too. otherwise there is no future of this franchise.

Square enix do not care about this game. they spent 6 years to release DLC with remastered visuals sold a full price. and they believe its going to success?

MD is only Deus Ex game i beat only once and then i uninstalled it. Never beat IW because that game sucked.

I have beat Original and HR multiple times. I want masterpiece like Original Deus Ex was. still Greatest Game of all time bar none.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

It's a business. If they don't make money, they can't make the games you want.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

"Augment your preorder"

"Microtransactions"

And to think, somewhere beneath that mess that Square Enix created, some passionate developers tried to build a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#27 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@zombieproof: I think we're alone here.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22980 Posts

I'm actually playing through the game for the first time now, It's pretty slick and I'm in the mood for this type of game, but i can already kinda tell its not gonna set the world on fire. I hope their development team lands on a project that suits them.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

Square lined Mankind Divided up to die, it's hardly surprising that it did. You should just be glad the studio gets to keep working on other solid titles, instead of being scrapped like a MS or EA owned company.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

It sucks, but it's not surprising. Suits will be suits.

Still, shitty decisions were made with regards to development, so it's not all too surprising that sales suffered.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

Thanks ShitEnix with your stupid decisions last Deus Ex which was mechanically a great game and a beloved franchise sold less. And now instead of removing microtransactions and giving us a complete game, these idiots have moved Eidos Montreal to work on a shitty superhero comic game. God I hate ShitEnix, I hope somehow Eidos becomes independent again.

Source

"It's business"

Isn't that what ya'll love to tell us?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

A developer actually decided not to over-saturate the franchise with too many consecutive releases? WHAT!?

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

I'm still to finish Deus Ex on my Wiiu. Great little game for £10.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#34 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

@dobzilian said:

I'm still to finish Deus Ex on my Wiiu. Great little game for £10.

Same here. If the price didn't drop like it did, I would NOT have bought it (Square seems to like trolling Nintendo fans with stunts like that).

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I think it was Nintendo specific titles which I paid full whack for and W101 and Bayonetta collection. All the rest my Wiiu games where brought when the prices plummeted which was quick, real quick.

Yeah it was pure trolling as I'm sure it was month or 2 after release the price dropped.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I'm okay with them putting aside Deus Ex for a while. Wish they'd spend their resources on new IP's but this is the safe route I suppose. I really don't care for Marvel.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zeeshanhaider

@Shewgenja said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Source

"It's business"

Isn't that what ya'll love to tell us?

Please link me where did I said such a thing or have I ever defended the shitty publishing decisions, I'll wait. Or is this your lame attempt to justify console exclusives, because Sony is your overlord?

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

dont really care, never played them

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ZombieProof

@phbz said:

@zombieproof: I think we're alone here.

Yeah man, it sucks lol.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I expect a "reboot" of the series in ~5 years. Watch it be a linear POS a la Crysis.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

This might not be a bad thing, when things aren't going so well sometimes it's good to take a break, reassess the situation and approach it again with a more cleared head.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

This might not be a bad thing, when things aren't going so well sometimes it's good to take a break, reassess the situation and approach it again with a more cleared head.

Exactly. How many Deus ex games do we need? They made IMO a fantastic one last gen, and a seemingly solid follow up this gen (that apparantly bombed in sales). I haven't played it yet (actually just replayed Human Revolution not too long ago). I might buy a hypothetical "complete edition" of Mankind Divided that hopefully includes everything already (and takes out any microtransactions).

I have no problem with a studio getting reassigned. If they are assigned the Marvel game that is great news, as at least it is a solid team working on it. Better than the studio being closed for poor sales performance. Hopefully after the Marvel game they get to work on whatever they want again.

SquareEnix sucks in many ways (as do most developers), but this is a sensible move.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

Dues Ex is overrated anyway.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Good job gamers. Your stupid whining kills another franchise. bummer.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Maybe Square Enix/Eidos should start making games that feel complete and satisfying before expecting people to spend money on their games.

mjebb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mjebb
Member since 2016 • 86 Posts

And so the super noobs have won and they can now go and gush at Hello Kitty Wonderland

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44686 Posts

If I had to guess, the reason Mankind Divided failed was mainly for two reasons, one being that Human Revolution was highly overrated but everybody refused to admit it, and when the chance to double down on that kissassing presented itself, everybody said "that's okay, I'll pass". Other reason, there was simply too many great games this year that looked better. It wasn't petty reasons like microtransactions that did this game in.

I didn't like Human Revolution, it felt very subpar even when it released, I'm not saying that like a dated hindsight "just played it" years later kind of observation, no, I thought it sucked back when it released. Really, I feel it gets a free pass, probably because the original is so highly regarded, but also because the cyberpunk genre is a really interesting genre to work with, and there's rarely any games that touch it. I've a feeling when Cyberpunk 2077 releases, if CDPR can wow people with it like they did with the Witcher games but with a cyberpunk RPG, then there will be nothing left there for Deus Ex. It's time to move on.

I myself, my biggest turnoff (aside from my experience with Human Revolution) was the premise of this game, with that whole augmentation apartheid bullshit. Seemed an affront to themes of cyberpunk genre, one where technological growth in cybernetic augmentation becomes too big for states to control, one where mega-corporations in cybernetic technology become sovereign states in and of themselves, with economic and technological resources that surpass those of the nation states, with their only equals being their rival market competitors. With an army of PCMs and mercenaries, themes touched upon include cyber-warfare, cyber-terrorism, cyber-crimes. This theme of augmentation apartheid is the exact opposite of the genre. I don't mind if the writers wanted to make an allegorical connection to modern times with the social-political issues of today, but they should have done it in the opposite direction. Maybe instead, tread on themes of how access to costly cybernetic augmentation makes second class citizens of those that can't afford cutting edge cybernetic augmentations; like a cyberpunk GATTACA theme. Or maybe go for a Ghost in the Shell angle, where cybernetic enhancements were born out of the military industrial complex during war, those wounded in war or soldiers made cyborgs to be better warriors, they're given chances at a better life until the economic realities of their maintenance and upkeep come to a head, with the inability to rely on the state for their upkeep are required to join private armies as mercenary to private corporate interests, making them slaves in that their survival is contingent on serving the interests of those with sinister self-serving interests. But this theme for Mankind Divided, on the surface, seems too familiar. Making these kind of allegorical connections with advancements in technology is a common theme in science-fiction in general, but cyberpunk in many ways was presented a new world in which new ways to think of the human condition present themselves, and the challenges of keeping pace with the rapid and unstoppable growth of technology and information. Maybe there is a good story there nonetheless, maybe I'll play it one day when it's on sale, or during a dry spell, and maybe I'll change my mind. But on the surface, on its premise, I've very little desire to play it.

It's also worth noting that regardless of how well Deus Ex does commercially, Marvel licenses are a big deal. Sure a company like Activision, if given the opportunity as happens with many licenses, would probably create shovelware. Hopefully Square Enix has ambitious plans to monetize on access to the license. They plan on releasing multiple games. Seems to me they wouldn't be putting the Deus Ex crew on this if they didn't have some faith in them, much more than I do anyways. Thing is though, I thought Crystal Dynamics too will be working with Eidos Montreal on the same Avengers game; again, sounds like Square Enix wants an all hands on deck approach like Sony has for the Spiderman license they have Insomniac working on. That aside, I know we should be getting another Tomb Raider game, Microsoft already funded it with the money they gave Square Enix / Crystal Dynamics for Rise of the Tomb Raider, so hopefully they show that at E3 this year, hope it's good though because it'll probably be the last Tomb Raider game we play for a long while, Square Enix has the ability to create multiple Marvel games and the Avengers game is supposed to be a 2018 release.

Anyhow, I'm a bit scared here. I mean, I love Crystal Dynamics and the Tomb Raider series, and have faith in the developers and IP there, but Eidos Montreal, that scares me. They really hide creative and technical shortcomings but the fact they're working with a stronger studio like Crystal Dynamics either means two things. The good outcome, Eidos Montreal learns a thing or two from Crystal Dynamics in making better games, and when they part ways after their Marvel license runs its course, they can stand on their own as a much more talented studio with a more seasoned staff. Or, worse case scenario, Eidos Montreal is amateur and won't work well with their betters at Crystal Dynamic, they drag their joint projects down and Square Enix decides to can both studios, taking with them Crystal Dynamics and the Tomb Raider IP; this possibility terrifies me. I honestly don't have to worry about Deus Ex, I love cyberpunk games but those will likely come with or without Deus Ex. I can't care less about the franchise name, nor the Adam Jensen character (he somehow manages to be even more boring that Gordon Freeman). Be happy if CDPR creates a better series with Cyperpunk 2077.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ghosts4ever

@lamprey263 said:

If I had to guess, the reason Mankind Divided failed was mainly for two reasons, one being that Human Revolution was highly overrated but everybody refused to admit it,

Wrong. Human revolution released in a era when dumbing down and consolization was at peak. every old franchise return and got ruined. compare to them, HR was Masterpiece. nowadays its not as common as it was in 2010/2011. i mean Doom just released, and System shock is coming out soon.

CDPR cyberpunk cant match Deus Ex in a terms of quality. CDPR make mediocre games. cyberpunk 2077 will be as booring as witcher 3. it will be useless open world game travelling from point A to point B. my bet is it will be futuristic witcher.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

I'm not surprised, the majority of the games in that series are bad.

The first game was a masterpiece, the second GAME was crap, DXHR was decent, DXTF was total shit and DXMD isn't really shit but it ain't good either.