just bought a 360 - worst mistake in my life :(, but now its ok :) i returned it

• 181 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sexy_luigi
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts

I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....

a pic for the non believers :)

www.jpg

Edit: just got back from the Store!!! THANK GOD THEY TOOK IT BACK :D :D :D

now I can spend more money on my wii :)

MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MrPostman4Chi
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts
Yeah right.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts
Your opinion =/= fact
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
You do know you're setting yourself for a flame attack especially with the stuff in your sig. *hands tc a flame sheild* good luck.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
thats why you buy a warranty gamestop has it were you pay like $40 and if you system breaks you just take it to gamestop and they will give you a new one and there's more games then just the two you listed
Shmeckledorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shmeckledorf
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
At least it wasn't the worst mistake in your life.
Smoking-Pistol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Smoking-Pistol
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
what a lier.:x I play Xbox 360 WAAYY more Than Wii.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

My Wii broke down yesterday. I only played one game on it. I sold it to an EB games store and they had no idea it was busted.

J/K

Seriously how many bajillions of these threads are we going to get today?

Blessing77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Blessing77
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts

I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....sexy_luigi

For some reason i don't believe

Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Peter_Darkstar
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts

The fact that you have a naked japaneze guy wearing a mario hat in your sig tells me two things.

1. You didn't buy a 360.

2. You need a new hobby.

shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts
arent u supposed to be a nintendo fanboy?Your gamertag or your lying
360Makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 360Makaveli
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
So......Excite Truck better than PGR3? .............wow
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sexy_luigi

thats why you buy a warranty gamestop has it were you pay like $40 and if you system breaks you just take it to gamestop and they will give you a new one and there's more games then just the two you listed mastershake575

40$ MORE? are you kidding me? I have to pay 40$ to make sure the system doesnt break on me!??? thats absolute BULL!! this system wasn't worth it anyways

Avatar image for deactivated-5f956b96dc672
deactivated-5f956b96dc672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f956b96dc672
Member since 2007 • 2218 Posts
i need to see a gamertag
XxR0gu3Go0sexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#15 XxR0gu3Go0sexX
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

Okay... While I'mnot a 360 lover I must say that Gears and PGR3 are both great games... I have them both and the Online really adds to it... Also to anyone that Is thinking about it Gears Coop adds a lot to it... I loved Gears on INsane with Friends...

To bad you got the 3 lights of death, but If the Wii is really what you want then play the darn thing

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts

I bought a wii. thought it was gay i was right I returned it.

who wants to play mario pi i mean how many times can kidtindo beat the same dead horse Wow i can't believe people pay money for that!

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

The three red lights of death part of this story is the best part. Can you say fabricated?

If this is a real story, let me just tell you that you're not a very good writer, because it doesn't sound genuine at all.

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sexy_luigi

So......Excite Truck better than PGR3? .............wow360Makaveli

pgr felt so static in comparison with excite truck- i had a LOT more fun with excite truck because of the wiimote

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

If the 360 is infact the worst console ever with stupid games, you should go right ahead and throw your overpriced 2 year old toaster that you call a console right out the window. and please, you're comparing excite truck to pgr???! !

plus i find your story a little hard to believe, 3 LOD from the 2nd day?? really??

butterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 butterob
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts

arent u supposed to be a nintendo fanboy?Your gamertag or your lyingshaggyaz

yeah but theres literally hundereds of gamertags lol...he cud say anything! although i'd like to see the one that only has pgr3, gears and geometry wars :p

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....sexy_luigi

Haha I had the exact same experience after buying the wii. Got over the nice features in a couple of hours and went to buy some real games at gamestop. I just stood there looking at the rack for ten minutes and left with nothiong.

Matt747uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Matt747uk
Member since 2006 • 313 Posts

You're like one of those people who complains that sex is overrated.

Unlucky for not being able to enjoy.

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
Sounds like you didn't get to meet Cole Train in GeOW yet. He's got some of the best voice work.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
In my opinion, your thread-making abilities should be revoked due to blatent trolling.
Avatar image for Bill_McBlumpkin
Bill_McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bill_McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts

What's your tag?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Truth_Hurts_U

Sounds like you didn't get to meet Cole Train in GeOW yet. He's got some of the best voice work.shaggygrosser

I loved the song they made with his voice at the end when the credits are rolling. :)

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sexy_luigi

[QUOTE="shaggygrosser"]Sounds like you didn't get to meet Cole Train in GeOW yet. He's got some of the best voice work.Truth_Hurts_U

I loved the song they made with his voice at the end when the credits are rolling. :)

THat song was soooo stupid!!

"Stand up, fall down, stand up, fall down, this my kinda $hit"

What the hell!!??

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sexy_luigi

[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....Bill_McBlumpkin

What's your tag?

I couldnt connect the system to my online dsl thing because the ethernet cable they had was too short :( i couldnt even download demos

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
Oh what's wrong , not enough minigames for you ? MAybe Viva Pinata will be suitable for you and I heard Barbies horse adventure is Backward Compatible and has better graphics than the wii ...what more can you ask for!!!
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Bet you didn't try one...
johnusabeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 johnusabeis
Member since 2004 • 2369 Posts
haha!! SIKE!!! we purposely hyped 360 so you would buy it. looks like our plan worked
Blind0825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blind0825
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts
You are such a bad liar its not even funny, go troll elsewhere, have a nice day.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Truth_Hurts_U
[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

[QUOTE="shaggygrosser"]Sounds like you didn't get to meet Cole Train in GeOW yet. He's got some of the best voice work.sexy_luigi

THat song was soooo stupid!!

"Stand up, fall down, stand up, fall down, this my kinda $hit"

What the hell!!??

You have to know the Cole Train to understand the Cole Train!

Play the game... Don't hit the credits option in the main menu.

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

What happends at the start of gears of war?
AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts
I stopped reading at the point where you compared PGR3 to Excite Truck, I just couldn't take the lameness.
Bill_McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bill_McBlumpkin
[QUOTE="Bill_McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....sexy_luigi

What's your tag?

I couldnt connect the system to my online dsl thing because the ethernet cable they had was too short :( i couldnt even download demos

Then how did you get Geometry Wars?

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sexy_luigi

Oh what's wrong , not enough minigames for you ? MAybe Viva Pinata will be suitable for you and I heard Barbies horse adventure is Backward Compatible and has better graphics than the wii ...what more can you ask for!!!turgore

I need INNOVATIVE GAMES, not rehashed games with shiny graphics- wii offers me this, 360 DID NOT!!!

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sexy_luigi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Bill_McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....Bill_McBlumpkin

What's your tag?

Its in teh garage place in the arcade thing...

tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
Bad liar of the month goes to...
Blind0825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blind0825
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts
[QUOTE="Bill_McBlumpkin"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Bill_McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....sexy_luigi

What's your tag?

Its in teh garage place in the arcade thing...

Wow, just wow, go play with your wii and the only two games it has that don't suck. (I should know cuz I have them)

Bill_McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bill_McBlumpkin

Its in teh garage place in the arcade thing...sexy_luigi

What?

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....darklord888

Funny how you skipped my question.
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sexy_luigi

[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]Its in teh garage place in the arcade thing...Bill_McBlumpkin

What?

In pgr, where you store youre cars, theres a garage and theres an araced machine there for geometry wars

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

The three red lights of death part of this story is the best part. Can you say fabricated?

If this is a real story, let me just tell you that you're not a very good writer, because it doesn't sound genuine at all.

Redfingers
EvilDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EvilDrifter
Member since 2004 • 792 Posts
[QUOTE="Redfingers"]

Riverwolf007

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sexy_luigi

[QUOTE="darklord888"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]I did it.. I fell for the hype and I payed the price (400$ that is :'(). Two days ago i decided to buy a 360- i dont know why, but with all the great rated games on this site for the system, I said why not and used money i got from my birthday to buy the thing-what an absolute WASTE!!! I bought gears of war, and pgr was packed with the system. At first I played pgr for a while, and after the visual eye candy, the whole experience just wore off. The controller felt so static - in comparison with excite truck- and really felt horrible after playing with the wii mote and the freedom it allowed you. I actually had more fun with the geometry wars demo than the entire game ITSELF!! Next I tried gears of war, and boy what a dissapointment. After all the great reviews, this game was sooo repitive and dull-with the most idiotic dialogue I had ever seen. I played it for an hour and a half and got tired of the whole thing. I was so dissapointed with my 360 and i couldnt belive all the hype about its "great games"- theres barely anything worthwile on the system if pgr and gears are anything to go by...And get this... I woke up today to turn on the system, and guese what I got? 3 RED LIGHTS!!! this system is horrible, and i will be returning it soon enough- this is just a warning for other wii owners- dont get tricked by the hype for 360 games and the hi-def gimmick, the 360 is one of the worst systems this gen.. im just sticking with th epc from now on....darklord888

Funny how you skipped my question.

I didnt skip it, i didnt see it :(

youre friend breaks you out of jail, then you fight some locusts, run to a helicopter and fight more locusts somewhere else and then you get to a giant spider that you kill with a laser beam from teh sky

TemplaerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TemplaerDude
Member since 2003 • 15254 Posts

If you don't like it, tell your parents to take it back.

And get back to school.