Just Beat Killzone 2 again.. Best CONSOLE FPS this gen by far

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

I have played and beaten almost every highly rated console FPS this gen.. From Resistance 1 and Resistance 2, Halo 3, Battlefield Bad company, All the Call of duty games this gen and in terms of Epic single player and and multiplayer Killzone 2 owns them all.. Its funny because i just played the single player again for the 2nd time and wow, i think im more impressed with this game now than i was when i first played it earlier this year.

I cant get over how jaw dropping the Graphics are.. I mean i find myself looking forward to running out of bulletts just so i can reload again because the feel and animations of reloading is just so awesome. Grant it the characters and acting arent that great but lets get real, what FPS this gen actually has good acting and a good story?

Before Killzone 2, Halo 3 was my favorite FPS but Halo 3 hasnt aged well at all to be honest.. Killzone 2 is straight aces in almost all areas aside from story. The multiplayer is just so fun and intense and the leveling system isnt noob friendly and you have to have skill to actually level up.

KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 359

#2 KukicAdo
Member since 2008 • 973 Posts
that's like...your opinion man. Good game, good graphics, gameplay plays it too safe, overall great game, not even close to greatest though.
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kennysolidsnake
[QUOTE="KukicAdo"]that's like...your opinion man. Good game, good graphics, gameplay plays it too safe, overall great game, not even close to greatest though.

Not the greatest game of all time but definatley greatest console FPS THIS GEN.. Its just so satisfying shooting weapons in this game, man it just feels so good
KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KukicAdo
[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"][QUOTE="KukicAdo"]that's like...your opinion man. Good game, good graphics, gameplay plays it too safe, overall great game, not even close to greatest though.

Not the greatest game of all time but definatley greatest console FPS THIS GEN.. Its just so satisfying shooting weapons in this game, man it just feels so good

On the PS3 maybe...well no...maybe the best exclusive FPS on the PS3... but that's about it...much better FPS's out there.
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

[QUOTE="KukicAdo"]that's like...your opinion man. Good game, good graphics, gameplay plays it too safe, overall great game, not even close to greatest though.Kennysolidsnake

I personally do not get that into games. Reloading is reloading, nothing more.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
I agree with you. It was by far the best fps I played on a console this gen... I don't know if you've checked out the gameplay vids for Brink... but it seems to be taking the next step forward. I was actually a bit disappointed in MW2... after KZ2, I was expecting them to kick it up a notch. Definitely check out Brink, it appears to be doing just that!
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

I have played and beaten almost every highly rated console FPS this gen.. From Resistance 1 and Resistance 2, Halo 3, Battlefield Bad company, All the Call of duty games this gen and in terms of Epic single player and and multiplayer Killzone 2 owns them all.. Its funny because i just played the single player again for the 2nd time and wow, i think im more impressed with this game now than i was when i first played it earlier this year.

I cant get over how jaw dropping the Graphics are.. I mean i find myself looking forward to running out of bulletts just so i can reload again because the feel and animations of reloading is just so awesome. Grant it the characters and acting arent that great but lets get real, what FPS this gen actually has good acting and a good story?

Before Killzone 2, Halo 3 was my favorite FPS but Halo 3 hasnt aged well at all to be honest.. Killzone 2 is straight aces in almost all areas aside from story. The multiplayer is just so fun and intense and the leveling system isnt noob friendly and you have to have skill to actually level up.

Kennysolidsnake

To each his own. And if Halo 3 was your favorite FPS before Killzone 2, I question your taste. ODST had a better single-player than Halo 3, though Halo 3 does have a great multiplayer mode IMO.

Personally, I couldn't get into Killzone 2. The graphics looked GREAT, but the online became boring fast, and the controls were slugglish and annoying.

If you want to play a great FPS, there are some great FPS games on PC. (And yes, I know you said console FPS)

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"][QUOTE="KukicAdo"]that's like...your opinion man. Good game, good graphics, gameplay plays it too safe, overall great game, not even close to greatest though.KukicAdo

On the PS3 maybe...well no...maybe the best exclusive FPS on the PS3... but that's about it...much better FPS's out there.

Nah, KZ2 is better than anything else on any of the consoles at the moment.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Beat it once, played online for like 3 months. Never picked up the SP again.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I also liked Killzone 2. I don't think it's the best FPS this gen because far too much time is spent fighting in corridors. Considering games like Halo CE managed to free you from the corridors way back in 2001, I think the devs of K2 were quite lazy. A big, epic Killzone 2 would've been great. Instead it just feels restrictive.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

While we are on the topic of Killzone 2's story mode... how long is it?

My brother has it, and I would like to play it but I have a ton of other games to beat.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts
I have to agree with you. Killzone 2 had the most satisfying single player and online mode of this gen... so far at least. The only thing that was missing was co-op. No game has had such satisfying shooting and the online is freaking awesome... the badge system is simple yet deep.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sgt_Hale

While we are on the topic of Killzone 2's story mode... how long is it?

My brother has it, and I would like to play it but I have a ton of other games to beat.

awssk8er716

It's been a while but I think it was around 7 hrs.

KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KukicAdo

[QUOTE="KukicAdo"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"] Not the greatest game of all time but definatley greatest console FPS THIS GEN.. Its just so satisfying shooting weapons in this game, man it just feels so goodhaze_blaze

graphically...top 5...gameplaywise maybe top 20
-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

Kennysolidsnake

Tell you the truth if KZ2 had a Halo or MW control scheme it would be the most awesome FPS on a console.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Best single player with out a doubt. Multi-player is debatable (I'm giving you this ODST,MW2, and Boarder lands fans), but the single player was awesome. From storming the beach to fighting in an EXO suit.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"][QUOTE="KukicAdo"]that's like...your opinion man. Good game, good graphics, gameplay plays it too safe, overall great game, not even close to greatest though.KukicAdo

But that's like... your opinion

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts

Best single player with out a doubt. Multi-player is debatable (I'm giving you this ODST,MW2, and Boarder lands fans), but the single player was awesome. From storming the beach to fighting in an EXO suit.

dercoo
I thought the single player sucked until you got half way, why wasnt there a feature to kill rico..
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
[QUOTE="KukicAdo"][QUOTE="haze_blaze"]

On the PS3 maybe...well no...maybe the best exclusive FPS on the PS3... but that's about it...much better FPS's out there.KukicAdo

You are being very generous...
KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KukicAdo

[QUOTE="KukicAdo"][QUOTE="haze_blaze"]

Arach666

You are being very generous...

...Console wise this gen :)

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Nope, that award goes to BF:BC IMO. KZ2 is amazing though.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sgt_Hale
[QUOTE="haze_blaze"]

[QUOTE="KukicAdo"] On the PS3 maybe...well no...maybe the best exclusive FPS on the PS3... but that's about it...much better FPS's out there.KukicAdo

Lol, now I know you're a joke! Graphically, it's the Top 1!!! Period. Gameplay, it's definitely top 5... It's my number 1 in both categories but I can acknowledge that it does have some competition.
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

That's like...your opinion man.

KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KukicAdo

[QUOTE="KukicAdo"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"] Not the greatest game of all time but definatley greatest console FPS THIS GEN.. Its just so satisfying shooting weapons in this game, man it just feels so goodSt_muscat

Really? I did not know that...I guess that particular line of words posted from my account...are my words...my god...brilliant.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I strongly disagree.

To be the best at something, some things are just absolutely necessary. Color being one of those things.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
[QUOTE="KukicAdo"] graphically...top 5...gameplaywise maybe top 20

Not that this has any relevance to quality but what console FPS beats Kill zone 2 this generation. Game play wise is pure opinion (more so then graphics anyway), yours is just as irrelevant as TC's...
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

[QUOTE="St_muscat"]

[QUOTE="KukicAdo"] On the PS3 maybe...well no...maybe the best exclusive FPS on the PS3... but that's about it...much better FPS's out there.KukicAdo

Really? I did not know that...I guess that particular line of words posted from my account...are my words...my god...brilliant.

Well originally you said to TC's statement "that's like...your opinion man", so I thought I might as well return the favor since TC can't express their opinion without being harashed, so why should you be able to?

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
FeedOnATreeFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FeedOnATreeFrog
Member since 2009 • 792 Posts

^^killzone 2 actually makes good use of colour. Just because its not Halo doesnt mean it doesnt use colours effectively.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

Have a ps3 and I love it........Killzone 2 however, 100 % CRAP!!!!! Giant dog S**T!

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Nah. KZ2 was ok, nothing that great. In fact, I never even had the desire to finish it. It just got dull.
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

LOL Halo 3 hasn't aged well?? Tell that to the 600K people on average playing every day.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

^^killzone 2 actually makes good use of colour. Just because its not Halo doesnt mean it doesnt use colours effectively.

FeedOnATreeFrog

Sure. It makes wonderful uses out of different shades of gray and brown. But, personally, I need more than that.

Games without color are dull.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Doesn't anyone else have a problem with most of K2's gameplay taking place in corridors?

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Yeah I'm still amazed at the visuals. Most of the time, I still watch the intro everytime I play the game, just because it looks so great. Textures, lighting, everything visuals is top notch! Gunplay and overall gameplay is the best of any FPS I've played btw... ever

Sheepdisease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sheepdisease
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts
I thought the single player was extremely boring, but I love the online multiplayer.
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

i agree im a big online fps lover and the guns in KZ2 feel very nice to shoot and that noise after a kill is addictive bbbiiillaaaoooppp

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

Best? Nooooooooo

But it did have a pretty freakin' great multiplayer

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

The multiplayer is awesome, but damn sometimes that game is just hard to get kills in. Completely different from call of duty, i love how you cant snipe across the maps with assault rifles/SMG's. Warzone is very innovative also, it makes great use of changing the objectives on the fly, so making a relatively long match still feeling fresh and enjoyable.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

Well, thats you're opinion. My opinion: Way off. Better than KZ1 (not hard to do) and looks good but its not the best FPS this gen. How many people actually play that online?

Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kennysolidsnake
[QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

LOL Halo 3 hasn't aged well?? Tell that to the 600K people on average playing every day.

and does 600k people playing magically make the game good? halo 3 has aged horrible, the graphics are very medicore compared to todays standards.. It feels extremely last gen, the guns and explosions sound weak and the overall game is just plain boring
deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts

Well it looks awesome, I actually like that its hard to aim, I wish it had more options online, because the game is lag free.

teh_shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 teh_shogun
Member since 2009 • 714 Posts

modern warfare 2.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I agree, but to me the mutliplayer is the best.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

nothing could remind me more of why i quit hanging out here than to stop by for a bit and see that the forum is calling KZ2 an fps...

seriously SW get your freaking act together

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

nothing could remind me more of why i quit hanging out here than to stop by for a bit and see that the forum is calling KZ2 an fps...

Riverwolf007
Do you consider it a TRPG or a music game?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#46 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I can't agree, but that shouldn't stop you.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#47 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

SpruceCaboose
Do you consider it a TRPG or a music game?

I'm leaning more on visual novel really.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I wish my friends would have gotten into it more, if they did I would have probably played a lot more ... anyways I agree it' the most enjoyable FPS I've played this gen.

greenleaf2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 greenleaf2000
Member since 2006 • 1259 Posts

More like one of the most disappointing games ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#50 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

i agree with you but blog it