just a fact......

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts

the PS3's motion control is just as good as the Wii's. look at ratchet, warhawk, heavenly sword, NBA 2008 (SO SO GAME, GOOD USE OF THE CONTROL) and the upcoming wipeout HD for proof.

the only diffence is the sony devs are not cramming it down your throat ruining some of the game experience.

just a thought. and i know some PS3 games have some shoddy motion control but the point remains.......

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Nintendo isn't cramming it down your throat. They are introducing another way of playing and it works great for example with SMG, MP3, and RE4.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
No it isn't. Not as precise. The half assed motion control found in crap Wii games could be done by Sixaxis. But the precise ones like Wii Sports and Warioware, could not, as far as I can tell.
prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 prodiqy32
No it isn't. Not as precise. The half assed motion control found in crap Wii games could be done by Sixaxis. But the precise ones like Wii Sports and Warioware, could not, as far as I can tell.locopatho
and i can tell otherwise.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
none of the PS3 games i've played have used it well imo. Warhawk is meh, Ratchet is meh, Resistence was okay, but really it was just shaking it to take off the fire, havent played NBA.

Spiderman 3 was terrible too, when your harry.

the PS3 didnt even need motion controls, it was just an afterthought, thats the reason why its "not getting crammed down your throats".
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]No it isn't. Not as precise. The half assed motion control found in crap Wii games could be done by Sixaxis. But the precise ones like Wii Sports and Warioware, could not, as far as I can tell.prodiqy32
and i can tell otherwise.

From what? I used it in Resistence and Motorstorm and it was very unimpressive.

Son_of_Some

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Son_of_Some
Member since 2006 • 1458 Posts
Yeah it has the same motion sensing abilities, but that's about it. Wiimote is far more than that.
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

No it isn't. Not as precise. The half assed motion control found in crap Wii games could be done by Sixaxis. But the precise ones like Wii Sports and Warioware, could not, as far as I can tell.locopatho

Dude, when used right PS3's motion sensing is superb. I actually found Warhawk to be better with motion controls. Obviously Sony isn't on board with games like Wii Sports...because they never said the controller was focused around the SIXAXIS motion...like Nintendo did with the Wii motion.

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Snowboarder99

[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]Nintendo isn't cramming it down your throat. They are introducing another way of playing and it works great for example with SMG, MP3, and RE4.prodiqy32
so is sony. this is gonna be a fun thread. 7 more days soon!!!

Can it be used as a pointer for a FPS?

AlienSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlienSoldier
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

Just a fact, Wiimote is in another league compared to the PS3 controller when it comes to motion controls, go play Pro evo on Wii to see why the tacked on PS3 motion controls will NEVER be able to match the Wiimote and Nunchuck

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]No it isn't. Not as precise. The half assed motion control found in crap Wii games could be done by Sixaxis. But the precise ones like Wii Sports and Warioware, could not, as far as I can tell.Udsen

Dude, when used right PS3's motion sensing is superb. I actually found Warhawk to be better with motion controls. Obviously Sony isn't on board with games like Wii Sports...because they never said the controller was focused around the SIXAXIS motion...like Nintendo did with the Wii motion.

Really? I suppose I just played the wrong games. Is Warhawk the best use of it so far, do you think?

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

no, sorry. it's very very different. completely different hardware to.

the wiimote has fullmotion control, the sixaxis only recognises movement over ... six axes....

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 prodiqy32

[QUOTE="prodiqy32"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]Nintendo isn't cramming it down your throat. They are introducing another way of playing and it works great for example with SMG, MP3, and RE4.Snowboarder99

why the **** would i want it to? light gun games are like sitting on a bike with no seat.....only somewhat fun depending on where the itch is.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I just love it when ridiculous fanboys say "fact" and then ramble on with their absurd opinions, :lol: that's why I still come here for giggles.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Except you failed to mention games like Metroid Prime that use two independant inputs for motion sensing. How does one play Metroid Prime 3 Corruption only with the Tilt of the Six Axis? How can I aim, look, fire, and use the grabble beam in conjuction with the Six Axis? I can't wave the Six Axis like the Nun Chuck because that completely disrupts my aim.

Care to explain?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]

[QUOTE="prodiqy32"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]Nintendo isn't cramming it down your throat. They are introducing another way of playing and it works great for example with SMG, MP3, and RE4.prodiqy32

why the **** would i want it to? light gun games are like sitting on a bike with no seat.....only somewhat fun depending on where the itch is.

Wiimote > Dual Analog for FPS, much easier and more precise. Closest thing to emulating a PC like experience.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

Six Axis motion sensing works like crap in nearly all PS3 games except maybe Folklore but it's a useless gimick anyway. It feels more of a hassle just shaking the controller just for a very minenute part of the game like shaking enemies off you than a fun activity. I'd rather just button mash than shake the controller.

Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
[QUOTE="Udsen"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]No it isn't. Not as precise. The half assed motion control found in crap Wii games could be done by Sixaxis. But the precise ones like Wii Sports and Warioware, could not, as far as I can tell.locopatho

Really? I suppose I just played the wrong games. Is Warhawk the best use of it so far, do you think?

I think so. I was unimpressed by Motorstorm and Ratchet & Clank didn't use it that well. Warhawk is fluid and precise.

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snowboarder99
[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]

[QUOTE="prodiqy32"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]Nintendo isn't cramming it down your throat. They are introducing another way of playing and it works great for example with SMG, MP3, and RE4.prodiqy32

Nevermind I don't think you have ever played the Wii

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 prodiqy32
would sheep rather play smash with the wii mote od six-axis? play the right games and you will see. no its not exactly the same.......but it does what it does very well.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]

why the **** would i want it to?

more immersive and faster and easier in use. i wish i could use the wiimote on shooters on ps3 and 360.

i'm not bad with the dualshock controlers, but i always concidered them weird and unimmersive.

StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StringGuard
Member since 2008 • 619 Posts

Wii-sports???? Try High Velocity Bowling.

Now if you said a game that uses the pointer wii-mote function, you have a point. There's no way the six-axis can work like a mouse. But foreverything else, it works just as well.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 haziqonfire
would sheep rather play smash with the wii mote od six-axis? play the right games and you will see. no its not exactly the same.......but it does what it does very well.prodiqy32

What kind of question is that. SSBB sucks with the wiimote and it would suck with the six-axis -- whats your point.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Always-Honest

Six Axis motion sensing works like crap in nearly all PS3 games except maybe Folklore but it's a useless gimick anyway. It feels more of a hassle just shaking the controller just for a very minenute part of the game like shaking enemies off you than a fun activity. I'd rather just button mash than shake the controller.

Dahaka-UK

it worked really well in Heavanly sword.. but still i prefered the normal controls.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
PS3 motion controls make me want to vomit. Wii motion controls aren't amazing, but there are some standout examples (No More Heroes for one)
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]No it isn't. Not as precise. The half assed motion control found in crap Wii games could be done by Sixaxis. But the precise ones like Wii Sports and Warioware, could not, as far as I can tell.StringGuard

Now if you said a game that uses the pointer wii-mote function, you have a point. There's no way the six-axis can work like a mouse. But foreverything else, it works just as well.

I was thinking of the baseball bat and golf club, how the game mimics the way you hold Wiimote perfectly, as well as how hard you swing. Sixaxis didn't feel that precise to me.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 prodiqy32
I just love it when ridiculous fanboys say "fact" and then ramble on with their absurd opinions, :lol: that's why I still come here for giggles.Bigboi500
i see you went and told blackbond on me for making fun of your wii. and it is a fact.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Always-Honest

[QUOTE="locopatho"]No it isn't. Not as precise. The half assed motion control found in crap Wii games could be done by Sixaxis. But the precise ones like Wii Sports and Warioware, could not, as far as I can tell.StringGuard

not true. the wiimote is far better. it detects all motion. the sixaxis doesn't.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bigboi500
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]I just love it when ridiculous fanboys say "fact" and then ramble on with their absurd opinions, :lol: that's why I still come here for giggles.prodiqy32
i see you went and told blackdond on me for making fun of your wii. and it is a fact.

Your "facts" are equivalent to a stumbling hobo talking about alien conspiracies. ;)
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Its a fact that this post is dumb.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
The Sixaxis could only detect tilt to the left or right last time I checked. :?
prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 prodiqy32
[QUOTE="prodiqy32"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]

[QUOTE="prodiqy32"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]Nintendo isn't cramming it down your throat. They are introducing another way of playing and it works great for example with SMG, MP3, and RE4.Snowboarder99

Nevermind I don't think you have ever played the Wii

ive proven i owned one more then once in system wars, im not doing it again. i dont think you played warhawk!
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Snowboarder99
[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]

I'm not here to make you like the Wii. I am here to prove your statement that PS3's motion control = the Wii's motion control wrong. And guess what, I did.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bigboi500
Its a fact that this post is dumb.Dibdibdobdobo
You mean this thread. ;)
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]I just love it when ridiculous fanboys say "fact" and then ramble on with their absurd opinions, :lol: that's why I still come here for giggles.prodiqy32
i see you went and told blackbond on me for making fun of your wii. and it is a fact.

Fact? LOL don't make me laugh. Tell me how the Six Axis is supposed to emulate the Wii and Nunchuck for a game like Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. The Six Axis has one motion input. The Wiimote has two. The Wiimote and the Nun Chuck. Come on lets hear it man.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Its a fact that this post is dumb.Bigboi500
You mean this thread. ;)

That too...

Damn i got Pwnzed

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Snowboarder99

the only thing the six-axis doesnt do it point. it does everything else. moving on.....lauhging at the crybabies as usual!prodiqy32

Changing your original stance already? Let's see what you do next

ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ImportBMWRacer
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Its a fact that this post is dumb.Dibdibdobdobo

You mean this thread. ;)

That too...

Damn i got Pwnzed

That seriously made me laugh out loud...I was sitting on a bench outside of M.J. Capelli while my lady is in there, and I am pretty embarassed, So I think Im going to put my treo down for a little.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 prodiqy32

[QUOTE="prodiqy32"]the only thing the six-axis doesnt do it point. it does everything else. moving on.....lauhging at the crybabies as usual!Snowboarder99

i never said anything in the original post about pointing did i? only the motion control............duh!
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
You must have played about 5 minutes of one Wii game to think the Wii and PS3 motion controls are on the same level.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Snowboarder99
[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]

[QUOTE="prodiqy32"]the only thing the six-axis doesnt do it point. it does everything else. moving on.....lauhging at the crybabies as usual!prodiqy32

i never said anything in the original post about pointing did i? only the motion control............duh!

You said the motion controls are the same. Pointing is included in the motion control for the Wii

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Always-Honest

The Sixaxis could only detect tilt to the left or right last time I checked. :?Technoweirdo

ehh..no.. it detects motion over ..........get ready.....six axes....

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9566 Posts
It has the exact same motion sensing, but the Wiimote has a sensor bar that detects the direction it is facing at the screen, so it can be used as a pointer.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Always-Honest

Its a fact that this post is dumb.Dibdibdobdobo

great self reflection

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Always-Honest

It has the exact same motion sensing, but the Wiimote has a sensor bar that detects the direction it is facing at the screen, so it can be used as a pointer.X_CAPCOM_X

no, the motion sensing technology is completely different

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9566 Posts

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]It has the exact same motion sensing, but the Wiimote has a sensor bar that detects the direction it is facing at the screen, so it can be used as a pointer.Always-Honest

no, the motion sensing technology is completely different

Well, they work the same way.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Its a fact that this post is dumb.Always-Honest

great self reflection