It's that time of the month again - FEBRUARY NDP - (spoilers: Nintendo wins)

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Yea because PR people never lie, what is this the first time youve ever been alive for a ocnosle launch? Seriously, Sony told so much BS about the ps2, and guess what, it didnt hurt it at all. The ps3 is selling at a perfect rate for a console with no killer app, and wasnt supposed to launch yet. Also, maybe you missed how vocal and outspoken sony was about MS releasing the 360 so early? Lets see how good the ps3 would have been if it launched end of this year, Home, LPW, Oblivion, Motorstorm, Resistance, 3rd party games would be more polished, Warhawk, Liar, and alot of other games, it would have been a great launch.Truth_Hurts_U

All I can do is...

:lol:

360 had no killer app till Gears. All the "cows" made fun of 360 because of it. "Cows" made fun of 360 for not outselling the PS2.

My, oh, my, how the tables have turned.

Firstly, ignore the fanboys, right now, you have no argument, but what blind fnaboys are saying. The 360 had games, it had launch games, and it certainly had enough games and an online setup worth 400$. PS3 doesnt, so why would it sell? Face it, its obvious to everyone but fanboys such as yourself, the ps3 was forced to launch earlier.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Because thats single reason people bought a ps2? How well did the ps2 sell when it was 200$? Which back then is like 400$. People thinking the ps3 will fail, its stupid. The ps3 will sell 20 million when its done and voer with just on the name, even if it loses every exclusive. The xbox survived on a small user base and only a few exclusives, actually only really 2 or 3, Forze and Halo.

something like 75% or more of the ps2's were sold after the price dropped to 199. the ppl they are currently buying ps2's are not the ones that will have any impact on THIS GEN. They will simple buy the system that is cheap and has won this gen in a few years. this is so obvious.

People have brand loyalty, especially uninformed people. The ps3 will sell fine, 200k is great numbers for something this much.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
The Playstation 3 isn't doing that well right now. But it's still going to prevail and maintain a nice chunk of market share when it's all over and done with.

TekkenMaster606
by prevail do you mean the most marketshare? because that would seem unlikely. nice chuck maybe. but win? that's not something anyone should confidently say.
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]There not excuses, there facts..coolguy1111

Wait, wait..... where are the "Not excuses," where are the "Facts?" FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE ARE YOU POINTING?!?

I listed the facts :?

They're.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Let's all act like those people buying the Playstation 2 right now are not future Playstation 3 buyers. :roll:BuryMe
you shouldn't assume that they are. If people wanted the ps3, they would probably be getting that. after all, it is fully backwards compatible with ps2 games

He is right to a certain extent , Sony has the potential to grow its fanbase even further.(not evryone becomes automatic fans but if they play the right games and are satified the potential is there).Who wouldn't be happy with a ps2 ?

And just because you can't afford a ps3 now , doesn't mean you won't come into money a few years from now to swing a ps3. (just for the naysayers)

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#56 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Well according to Lemmings (such as yourself) it has no games and its getting closer to 5 million all the time...so yeah. Runningflame570

I never once said PS3 didn't have games. It does. Just crappy ones.

Cow logic...

"Resistance is under rated..." "Gamespot sucks at reviewing"

Even your beloved "underrated" Resistance isn't helping PS3. And if Gamespot underrated it. Why isn't it selling like hot cakes?

After all it's supposed to be "the best launch title" "better then 360 launch games".
JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JimJackJose
Member since 2002 • 2937 Posts
[QUOTE="JimJackJose"]lol... so many excuses as to why ps3 was last.... coolguy1111
There not excuses, there facts. Fact:Sony didnt want to launch this early, Fact: PS3 has no killer aps except Resistance, Fact: Sonys online wasnt ready. All the signs clearly show sony wasnt rdy to launch, and its still selling half as many as the wii, which is more then half the price.

Since when could excuses not be fact based? Are you high? Thanks for the list of excuses though, saves me the time of re-reading through the fanboy logic.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ontain
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Ontain"] something like 75% or more of the ps2's were sold after the price dropped to 199. the ppl they are currently buying ps2's are not the ones that will have any impact on THIS GEN. They will simple buy the system that is cheap and has won this gen in a few years. this is so obvious.

People have brand loyalty, especially uninformed people. The ps3 will sell fine, 200k is great numbers for something this much.

what does this have to do with the ppl buying ps2? you think brand loyalty told them to buy it 7 years after release and at the end of it's life? oh and are you saying that ps3 sales are from uninformed people? I can see you point since just about every publication has said it's not worth getting yet.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

Let's all act like those people buying the Playstation 2 right now are not future Playstation 3 buyers. :roll:

TekkenMaster606

Maybe they are. But seeing as the PS2 was never over 400 dollars and began retailing at 300, and is now selling at 129.99 dollars, it's going to be at least 3 years before many of those people buy a PS3. Sig me on it.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Truth_Hurts_U

Firstly, ignore the fanboys, right now, you have no argument, but what blind fnaboys are saying. The 360 had games, it had launch games, and it certainly had enough games and an online setup worth 400$. PS3 doesnt, so why would it sell? Face it, its obvious to everyone but fanboys such as yourself, the ps3 was forced to launch earlier.coolguy1111

Actually it launched later. Forgetting Spring 2006 again?

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Let's all act like those people buying the Playstation 2 right now are not future Playstation 3 buyers. :roll:

fatzombiepigeon

Maybe they are. But seeing as the PS2 was never over 400 dollars and began retailing at 600, and is now selling at 129.99 dollars, it's going to be at least 3 years before many of those people buy a PS3. Sig me on it.

That's what I am trying to convey. There are a lot of people that don't even buy a new system until 3 or even 4 years into a generation.

And I bet more than half of those Playstation 2s sold are replacements for a system that had a Disc Read Error or another problem. And that's a slap in the fact to everyone, Wii, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360. Because they repurchased a Playstation 2 instead of picking a current gen console. Or maybe they just want to play Downhill Jam on the PS2 that badly. :lol:
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Nike_Air

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Let's all act like those people buying the Playstation 2 right now are not future Playstation 3 buyers. :roll:

fatzombiepigeon

Maybe they are. But seeing as the PS2 was never over 400 dollars and began retailing at 300, and is now selling at 129.99 dollars, it's going to be at least 3 years before many of those people buy a PS3. Sig me on it.

That wouldn't be a bad thing at all for Sony.

nitat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 nitat
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
from the "next-gen" standpoint the wii wins
but sony is still making the most dough w/ ps2 & ps3 combine
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 fatzombiepigeon
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

Nike_Air

That wouldn't be a bad thing at all for Sony.

I never said it was, did I?

fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 fatzombiepigeon

TekkenMaster606

Maybe they are. But seeing as the PS2 was never over 400 dollars and began retailing at 600, and is now selling at 129.99 dollars, it's going to be at least 3 years before many of those people buy a PS3. Sig me on it.

That's what I am trying to convey. There are a lot of people that don't even buy a new system until 3 or even 4 years into a generation.

And I bet more than half of those Playstation 2s sold are replacements for a system that had a Disc Read Error or another problem. And that's a slap in the fact to everyone, Wii, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360. Because they repurchased a Playstation 2 instead of picking a current gen console. Or maybe they just want to play Downhill Jam on the PS2 that badly. :lol:

Not really. Some people were willing to go through 3 or 4 360s if the whole problem wasn't really blown out of proportion. But yeah, I agree. Unless you don't get money that often, the best system to buy right now overall is the PS2. I'd say 360 or DS next. But PS2 right now.
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
Let's all act like those people buying the Playstation 2 right now are not future Playstation 3 buyers. :roll:

TekkenMaster606
I have a PS2 o.O But im not getting a PS3 :D Not unless Square turn around FF, i dont even want to touch the system..
JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JimJackJose
Member since 2002 • 2937 Posts

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Firstly, ignore the fanboys, right now, you have no argument, but what blind fnaboys are saying. The 360 had games, it had launch games, and it certainly had enough games and an online setup worth 400$. PS3 doesnt, so why would it sell? Face it, its obvious to everyone but fanboys such as yourself, the ps3 was forced to launch earlier.Truth_Hurts_U

shhh... that "fact" doesn't work for him!
_Ishida_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 _Ishida_
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
Nintendo wins because its cheap. thats all.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 coolguy1111

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Firstly, ignore the fanboys, right now, you have no argument, but what blind fnaboys are saying. The 360 had games, it had launch games, and it certainly had enough games and an online setup worth 400$. PS3 doesnt, so why would it sell? Face it, its obvious to everyone but fanboys such as yourself, the ps3 was forced to launch earlier.Truth_Hurts_U

Again, is this the first time youve ever experienced a conole or even game launch? Its called PR people, there bad with talking to the public, especially at sony. Now stop being a fanboy and come back with a good argument.
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NotThat_basic
Member since 2002 • 3314 Posts

TekkenMaster606

Hey genius - if your theory about 'people buying PS2s are future PS3 owners' is true, why didn't it work that way for Nintendo? Why did the N64 sell less than SNES? Or the GCN sell less than the N64? Isn't it possible that you have no idea what you're talking about??? That maybe (just maybe) people like to think for themselves once in awhile and actually make a purchase based on desire rather than blind loyalty?

MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts
Where are you all getting your crystal balls from?jdknight21
my pants!! heyOooooh! sorry, couldnt resist employing crude humor.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="JimJackJose"]lol... so many excuses as to why ps3 was last.... JimJackJose
There not excuses, there facts. Fact:Sony didnt want to launch this early, Fact: PS3 has no killer aps except Resistance, Fact: Sonys online wasnt ready. All the signs clearly show sony wasnt rdy to launch, and its still selling half as many as the wii, which is more then half the price.

Since when could excuses not be fact based? Are you high? Thanks for the list of excuses though, saves me the time of re-reading through the fanboy logic.

I dont see how noone is admitting sony sold bad, and heres why is an excuse. Its the reason why it sold bad :|, or not excellent like people expect a 600$ machine with one game that had a rushed launched and a ton of negative press.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]There not excuses, there facts..Buff-McBlumpkin

Wait, wait..... where are the "Not excuses," where are the "Facts?" FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE ARE YOU POINTING?!?

I listed the facts :?

They're.

Ffox spell check FTL.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Truth_Hurts_U
 shhh... that "fact" doesn't work for him!JimJackJose

Yeah. He keeps making the same replies like a robot.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

NotThat_basic

Hey genius - if your theory about 'people buying PS2s are future PS3 owners' is true, why didn't it work that way for Nintendo? Why did the N64 sell less than SNES? Or the GCN sell less than the N64? Isn't it possible that you have no idea what you're talking about??? That maybe (just maybe) people like to think for themselves once in awhile and actually make a purchase based on desire rather than blind loyalty?

If I recall correctly. A lot of people waited for the Super Nintendo, instead of buying the Sega Genesis.

It was because the NES still had lots of games, even after the SNES was released. So it did work for Nintendo.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Firstly, ignore the fanboys, right now, you have no argument, but what blind fnaboys are saying. The 360 had games, it had launch games, and it certainly had enough games and an online setup worth 400$. PS3 doesnt, so why would it sell? Face it, its obvious to everyone but fanboys such as yourself, the ps3 was forced to launch earlier.JimJackJose

shhh... that "fact" doesn't work for him!

I love how fnaboys cant think. Its all there, your just some ignorant fanboy. Would you jump off a bridge if sony told you it was the right thing to do? I think you would, just to prove sony wrong. And them launching at a date doesnt mean they wanted to. but ofcourse, that requires thought. Something lemmings arnt known for. Have fun playing your inferior games, Ill play the superior version on my PC.
IQ138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 IQ138
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts
I was one of the 400k for the Wii. It's still sold out at my local stores. What's up with the DS and the PSP sales? Are they that low?
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NotThat_basic

If I recall correctly. A lot of people waited for the Super Nintendo, instead of buying the Sega Genesis.

It was because the NES still had lots of games, even after the SNES was released. So it did work for Nintendo.
TekkenMaster606

But why didn't it continue to work for them, then? Or, do you just want to ignore that fact?

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

NotThat_basic

But why didn't it continue to work for them, then? Or, do you just want to ignore that fact?

Nintendo still exsists as a company that develops video game hardware and software.

Everything they have done has worked for them.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ontain

TekkenMaster606
you failed to address his snes - n64 question. that is unless you think this cycle has concluded for sony as well with the ps1-ps2. ;)
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 NotThat_basic
[QUOTE="NotThat_basic"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

TekkenMaster606

Nintendo still exsists as a company that develops video game hardware and software.

LOL!!! That's it, keep avoiding the fact that your 'theory' is significantly flawed...

...this had nothing to do with Nintendo existing or not - this had to do with your statement that 'everyone that buys a PS2 is bound to buy a PS3' - the fact that Nintendo's marketshare consistently declined, flies directly in the face of your opinion and seems to elude you.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]If I recall correctly. A lot of people waited for the Super Nintendo, instead of buying the Sega Genesis.

Ontain
you failed to address his snes - n64 question. that is unless you think this cycle has concluded for sony as well with the ps1-ps2. ;)

Yet, a large number of SNES playter got the N64, who bought the n64? Nintendo fanboys, for the most part. And did nintendo die after it? No...
-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

This thread has the best damage controll by cows I have ever seen. You know deep down all the cows thought the PS3 was going to outsell the 360 this month. I just wish MS would do a price drop soon so the PS3 never outsells the 360. The evil sony ship is sinking right before our eyes. Only 200K and no shortages on new hardware????? LMFAO

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]If I recall correctly. A lot of people waited for the Super Nintendo, instead of buying the Sega Genesis.

coolguy1111

Yet, a large number of SNES playter got the N64, who bought the n64? Nintendo fanboys, for the most part. And did nintendo die after it? No...

Exactly. This has nothing to do with being in first place. Or moving the most units. It's a marathon, not some kind of sprint. Fans of the Playstation brand will continue to buy it because they may actually enjoy series like Jak and Dexter, The Getaway, and Metal Gear Solid.

A 'decent chunk' of market share is not first place. It's a decent chunk of market share.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ontain
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]If I recall correctly. A lot of people waited for the Super Nintendo, instead of buying the Sega Genesis.

coolguy1111

I don't think sony will die. no way. I do think it'll suffer like nintendo did.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="NotThat_basic"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

NotThat_basic

LOL!!! That's it, keep avoiding the fact that your 'theory' is significantly flawed...

...this had nothing to do with Nintendo existing or not - this had to do with your statement that 'everyone that buys a PS2 is bound to buy a PS3' - the fact that Nintendo's marketshare consistently declined, flies directly in the face of your opinion and seems to elude you.

To be fair , historically Nintendo consoles have been the easiest to move away from when gamers get older. (for the most part). It is going to be much more difficult to be a playstation fan and regress back to Nintendo.

NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 NotThat_basic

coolguy1111

Who said anything about 'dying'??? Tekken made a very broad statement about 'all PS2 owners buying a PS3' and, if you'd stop and think before you type, you'd realize that although a number of SNES owners may have bought a N64 - obviously not all of them did, otherwise Nintendo's marketshare wouldn't have declined as much as it did...

...same with the N64 to GCN generation.

juanfraino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 juanfraino
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
Nintendo always wins 8)
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 TekkenMaster606

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]If I recall correctly. A lot of people waited for the Super Nintendo, instead of buying the Sega Genesis.

NotThat_basic

Who said anything about 'dying'??? Tekken made a very broad statement about 'all PS2 owners buying a PS3' and, if you'd stop and think before you type, you'd realize that although a number of SNES owners may have bought a N64 - obviously not all of them did, otherwise Nintendo's marketshare wouldn't have declined as much as it did...

My statement said 'LET'S ALL TRY TO ACT LIKE...' It's meaning was not ALL PS2 buyers will be PS3 buyers. Some. Not all.
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 NotThat_basic
To be fair , historically Nintendo consoles have been the easiest to move away from when gamers get older. (for the most part). It is going to be much more difficult to be a playstation fan and regress back to Nintendo.

Nike_Air

Are you trying to play the 'kiddie' card, now? And what does this statement have to do with the price of tea in China??? Tekken made a blanket statement and suggested that PS2 owners are blind loyalists that will continue to buy Sony products - is that a true statement? Are you agreeing with that?

Suppose I stick to your 'kiddie' theory for a moment - couldn't some of those same PS2 fans who are scared to 'regress' to 'kiddie land', instead opt to purchase a 360?

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ontain
[QUOTE="NotThat_basic"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]If I recall correctly. A lot of people waited for the Super Nintendo, instead of buying the Sega Genesis.

TekkenMaster606

Who said anything about 'dying'??? Tekken made a very broad statement about 'all PS2 owners buying a PS3' and, if you'd stop and think before you type, you'd realize that although a number of SNES owners may have bought a N64 - obviously not all of them did, otherwise Nintendo's marketshare wouldn't have declined as much as it did...

My statement said 'LET'S ALL TRY TO ACT LIKE...' It's meaning was not ALL PS2 buyers will be PS3 buyers. Some. Not all.

Some...i think that unless the ps3 is the major market share leader and about $200 it'll be closer to "few" of the ppl that are STILL buying ps2's.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="Ontain"] Some...i think that unless the ps3 is the major market share leader and about $200 it'll be closer to "few" of the ppl that are STILL buying ps2's.

I can't disagree with that statement. It could be only a few.
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 NotThat_basic

TekkenMaster606

Sorry - I must have misunderstood the context of the rest of your statement of:

'those people buying the Playstation 2 right now are not future Playstation 3 buyers :roll: '

I mean - basic grammar and logic implies that you are stating everyone that buys a PS2 right will be a future PS3 owner, and that everyone in this thread is pretending not to notice that obvious correlation. Followed up with the sarcastic :roll:

My apologies, I should have understood that you didn't mean 'all'...   

:|

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#94 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Ffox spell check FTL.

How the heck does Firefox spell check relate in any way to that? Its better than Microsoft Word's spell check in any case.
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#95 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
[QUOTE="jdknight21"]Where are you all getting your crystal balls from?MaTT2011
my pants!! heyOooooh! sorry, couldnt resist employing crude humor.

Giggidy.