it's pretty easy to see that Sony is starting to stink of DESPERATION

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Selling Cell Chip Factories to a competitor, Selling PS3 Graphic Chip Factories to a competitor,aborting (discontinuing) sku after sku,Restructuring, Mass Lay Offs, hastily putting up Sony financial companies on the stock market to quickly raise money, critisizing competitors for doing something, and then doing that exact same thing.

Horrible PR, Massive criticisms from game developers, and publishers. Desperately rushing titles to market, taking a loss on all of your consoles and then lowering the price of it three times in not even a year after release.

Making consumers fearful to buy the console thinking the price could just drop again the next month not to mention confusing them with a plethora of sku's. Promising free rumble controllers in future systems before the holiday season is even over?

Do you want to make everyone wait until next year to buy a complete system so they don't feel they've missed out or been cheated?

These are deperate time for Sony indeed.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Sony what will become of you?

Shake_N_Bake4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shake_N_Bake4
Member since 2007 • 674 Posts
May i please pretty please have links to all this info, Mr. or Ms. or Mrs. jedigemini
ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts
I love how everyone on this board pretends they have an MBA.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
Better make that Cell development workshop to make the gun in Killzone look real.
Nathan_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nathan_Drake
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts

In regards to your title:

And 360 isn't? New warranty program, the Elite contradicting the "we don't need HDMI, 1080p" MS mentallity, Halo 3 being marketed like the second coming of Christ, the 360 price-cut....

come on!

Nathan_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nathan_Drake

I love how everyone on this board pretends they have an MBA.ramey70

considering how close I am to earning my business degree, it's quite insulting actually ;)

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 coakroach
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts

I think sony will start selling very well when blu-ray is mainstream

When blu-ray is mainstream

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

It is pretty easy to say that.

It ain't so easy to say they're giving consumers what they want, especially with all the PS3 hate going around. It also ain't easy to look at its lineup and realise that it's got some very cool games in there that consumers are sure to respond well to.

But what do I know? I don't care about desperation, I only care about Sony getting their asses to work and giving me a good price for the PS3 and good games for the PS3, and MGSIV + a 40GB PS3 is sweet to me.

AYComputer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AYComputer
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

Desperately rushing titles to market

jedigemini

Uh... what?

ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts

[QUOTE="ramey70"]I love how everyone on this board pretends they have an MBA.Nathan_Drake

considering how close I am to earning my business degree, it's quite insulting actually ;)

Undergrad or grad? I received my MBA from UT-Austin in 2002. You picked a great time to finish, starting salaries are the highest they've been in quit some time for BBA/MBA holders.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
you give us normal sheep a bad name
Nathan_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nathan_Drake
[QUOTE="Nathan_Drake"]

[QUOTE="ramey70"]I love how everyone on this board pretends they have an MBA.ramey70

Undergrad or grad? I received my MBA from UT-Austin in 2002. You picked a great time to finish, starting salaries are the highest they've been in quit some time for BBA/MBA holders.

undergrad my friend. And yeah, up here in Alberta where the economy is always going strong, it is a great time to get such an education.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

And 360 isn't? New warranty program, the Elite contradicting the "we don't need HDMI, 1080p" MS mentallity, Halo 3 being marketed like the second coming of Christ, the 360 price-cut....

come on!

Nathan_Drake

if you're going after jedigemini, mentioning the 360 isn't the way to go.

Nathan_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nathan_Drake
[QUOTE="Nathan_Drake"]

come on!

CaseyWegner

lol, well, gotta get my shot in on that timebomb of a console while I can. Can't stay online all night you know...gotta get it over with sometime :P

trizzle_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 trizzle_a
Member since 2007 • 1186 Posts
[QUOTE="Nathan_Drake"]

come on!

CaseyWegner

Yeah :lol:

Jedigemini= The only true sheep on this board, all the rest are "jumping in".

Nathan_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nathan_Drake
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="Nathan_Drake"]

come on!

trizzle_a

......I've seen plenty of sheep today. :?

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

come on!

Nathan_Drake

Quick note: The 360 held that price cut for a long time. I think even longer than the Ps2. Does that mean sony was also desperate last gen?

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts
I think he meant "[according to the TC's standards,] Microsoft is also desperate by comparison."
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
it's funny seeing fanboys going into damage control over ps3s price drop. are you fellows scared now that the ps3 will take 360 in sales?
Game13a13y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Game13a13y
Member since 2004 • 2860 Posts

i don't know if what you said are facts or not, but even if they are, i bet the corporate people in Sony know what the heck they are doing more than you do, sir.

hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hkmp5a2
Member since 2003 • 1315 Posts
[QUOTE="trizzle_a"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="Nathan_Drake"]

come on!

Nathan_Drake

......I've seen plenty of sheep today. :?

Jedigemini eats other sheep to gain powers.

Avatar image for scoobiesnackarf
scoobiesnackarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 scoobiesnackarf
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts

Selling Cell Chip Factories to a competitor, Selling PS3 Graphic Chip Factories to a competitor,aborting (discontinuing) sku after sku,Restructuring, Mass Lay Offs, hastily putting up Sony financial companies on the stock market to quickly raise money, critisizing competitors for doing something, and then doing that exact same thing.

Horrible PR, Massive criticisms from game developers, and publishers. Desperately rushing titles to market, taking a loss on all of your consoles and then lowering the price of it three times in not even a year after release.

Making consumers fearful to buy the console thinking the price could just drop again the next month not to mention confusing them with a plethora of sku's. Promising free rumble controllers in future systems before the holiday season is even over?

Do you want to make everyone wait until next year to buy a complete system so they don't feel they've missed out or been cheated?

jedigemini

My simple reply is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPgI-7hTZkQ

Alan

knufsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 knufsed
Member since 2005 • 1073 Posts

[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

scoobiesnackarf

My simple reply is this

Alan

That link fit perfectly.:lol:

dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
sony has to do something to earn money back that they have lost. but anyways does it matter that they are selling factories? nope not at all well im out for the night going to play some sonic.
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

£300 is still too much for a console with harly any decent exclusives and no real must haves..

£350 to have a bigger harddrive and BC is a joke..

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts

come on!

Nathan_Drake

QFT, dang i was getting scared i was the only one capable of linking 1 + 1 together.
It always amazes me how forgetful and easily swayed these boards are.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
I'm glad to see the PS3 going to a more reasonable price point. Now all it needs is some more games.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
[QUOTE="Nathan_Drake"]

come on!

hot114

QFT, dang i was getting scared i was the only one capable of linking 1 + 1 together.
It always amazes me how forgetful and easily swayed these boards are.

Please explain to me how a console gettign a price cut after 2 years on the market is a joke? And how is a console developer marketing one of their games on their systems a joke? The new warranty program was a good move by MS in response to their RROD issues which is about the only thing you can hold against MS, their faulty hardware. Oddly I didn;t see that posted.
OfficerJurala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OfficerJurala
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
the PS3 can't take the 360 in sales until they get some dang games. Almost every game for the PS3 is on the 360 and is better there. The PS3s library has not grown as expected...not to mention they need to get some type of real acheivement format setup along with the online "Home" stuff. Until then I'll wait to even consider a PS3. I really dont care who wins because I like playing good games but I've invested in Xbox now due to the fact tha the PS3 has nothing to offer. Ohh yeah and now we all see how a motion sensing controller was a stupid idea...they are going back to rumble. Some people like the Wii because its different and using a weird controller, but most hardcore gamers I know have sold theirs back because it became boring. The graphics (well u know) and the games (kids?) sooooooo... Sony's brand name can only take them so far. I hope that Drake's Fortune is as good as it looks or that some games that come out actually start to look or play better than on the 360, but I wont hold my breath. Xbox should have had HDMI to begin with, but I sold my old system and bought an elite. Only a real hardcore gamer is going to be worried about HDMI over component, hence thats why the elite was made. both sides had made mistakes, but I think that PS3 has made more that have been more costly (including losing exclusive titles). Ok i'm done talking about nothing... just my opinion.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts

Why does it matter if they're desperate? It doesn't make the PS3 worse. And if anything, people are going to start getting an actual good deal when they buy a PS3 for cheaper because of this "desperation."

So, why do you care?

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

Whats sad is;

• MS launches 360 with limited b/c cows grill MS
  • MS has a controller with rumble, cows make fun of it.
  • MS launches 360 with multiple SKU's cows make fun of that

Now

Sony launces a PS3 with no b/c, a controller with rumble and more PS3 SKU's then 360 and cows dance in the street say 'way to go Sony.' Hypocrites...

supermanfarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 supermanfarr
Member since 2006 • 888 Posts

come on!

Nathan_Drake

That is weak.... The weakest comeback I have ever seen
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

come on!

Nathan_Drake

The 360 has been out for 2 years so a price cut is inevitable. And the 360 upgraded with those features while the PS3 downgraded by taking out features.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
I love how everyone on this board pretends they have an MBA.ramey70

Yeah, because those are so hard to get :roll:
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

jedigemini

Selling the Chip had no impact on the gamers whatsoever. And just because Sony gives us rumble and more choices is a bad thing. I suggest you and your blind fanboyism leaves these forums.

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

jedigemini

Good post.

Has there been one week without some negative PS3 news since Sony released that clunker of a console?

The PS3 is the perfect complimentary console for the 360 --- you play great 360 games and then you can take a break, come in here and LYAO at the latest PS3 debacle (and at the Cows reactions).

Imagine how boring the console world would be without the comic relief the PS3 is providing.

Have some of this to help you enjoy next weeks instalment of Sony's Blunders:

And lets not forget the Cows. Here is something for you guys:

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pimpshigity21
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

azad_champ

Selling the Chip had no impact on the gamers whatsoever. And just because Sony gives us rumble and more choices is a bad thing. I suggest you and your blind fanboyism leaves these forums.

Yeah, with the release of Folklore, Sony gave you the choice to pick up another crappy game.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
[QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="jedigemini"]

Pimpshigity21

Yeah, with the release of Folklore, Sony gave you the choice to pick up another crappy game.

Its only a matter of time before ps3 start trapple the 360. And all the games that were a hit on the ps2 bring their sequals to the ps3. You lemmings looking like this ....

God the xbox loses again.......

many of you will be doing this.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18836 Posts

I never heard of free rumble controllers.

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pimpshigity21
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="jedigemini"]

ff7isnumbaone

Its only a matter of time before ps3 start trapple the 360.

A matter of time, huh? Just wait: What a joy to own a PS3.

And all the games that were a hit on the ps2 bring their sequals to the ps3.

ff7isnumbaone

You better hope they release those PS2 sequels now that they removed B/C.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="jedigemini"]

Pimpshigity21

ff7isnumbaone

There's no waiting with owning a PS3. There are lots of great titles on that system and it seems to me you're afraid of Sony's 2008 list. Seems that FFXIII,MGS4,GT5,LBP and KZ2 will crush your precious 3fixme.

TheJuiceyBar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheJuiceyBar
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
And i still rather play the ps3 then the crappy wii, man all those jaggles must`ve messed up your brain cells.
Avatar image for Apathetic-Irony
Apathetic-Irony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Apathetic-Irony
Member since 2006 • 1391 Posts

come on!

Nathan_Drake

Huh? A new warrenty program isn't a sign of desperation: It's a sign that Microsoft acknowledges that it screwed up and is TRYING to fix the problem. The 360's price was cut a year after release, and after a PS3 price drop -- the 360 was also profitable before and after the price-cut. Microsoft still says HDMI isn't needed, but they figured it's a nice feature and added it in. The majority of consumers do not own a HDTV, let alone one that does 1080p. It's just not a standard yet.

And ZOMG! Microsoft (or M$ as so many people love to call it) spending MONEY on its flagship title? ZOMG! DESPERATION!!!111ONE

-------------------------------------------------------

Earning your business degree is cake -- but I do acknowledge that the time you took to get it is respectable. Then again, business in general is cake. But then again, I guess it's one of those things where you either have it or you don't.

Avatar image for Apathetic-Irony
Apathetic-Irony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Apathetic-Irony
Member since 2006 • 1391 Posts
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="jedigemini"]

azad_champ

ff7isnumbaone

There's no waiting with owning a PS3. There are lots of great titles on that system and it seems to me you're afraid of Sony's 2008 list. Seems that FFXIII,MGS4,GT5,LBP and KZ2 will crush your precious 3fixme.

FFXIII probably will not be making a 2008 release date. LBP is a cutesy platformer with user generated content; it's laughable that you consider it a major title that puts the 360... excuse me, "3fixme" to shame.

Besides that, the PS3 will be playing catchup in 2008. The PS3 is behind in titles, and if anything the 2008 list will only close the gap. You're counting out all of the 360 exclusives and 360/PC exclusives that won't be coming to the PS3. It's like every Sony fanboy thinks 2008 starts from scratch, and only 2008 releases are to be used to determine a system's library.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
Sony does look desperate. Microsoft added hdmi because... hdmi wasnt even the standard in 2005... The xbox 360 price drop was only done nearly two years after release while the ps3 had one in under a year. The 360 has had 3 skus in nearly two years, with none discontinued while the ps3 has already discontinued 2 skus. Sony is removing features from the ps3 (emotion), brought back rumble but its a seperate controller that only does rumble, they are hyping Killzone 2 as a killer app & selling poorly everywhere in the world. While the xbox 360 is adding features (HDMI, even on cores) and selling well in most parts of the world (cant sell in japan).
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pimpshigity21

There's no waiting with owning a PS3.azad_champ

But don't you go on - in this same post - to say that the 2008 list should scare me?

Talk about self ownage.

There are lots of great titles on that system and it seems to me you're afraid of Sony's 2008 list.azad_champ

Are you just cut and pasting this from countless other Cow posts?

Pathetic.

Seems that FFXIII,MGS4,GT5,LBP and KZ2 will crush your precious 3fixme.

azad_champ

Just like Lair, Folklore, HS, Motorstorm and RFOM were supposed to crush my precious 3fixme, huh?

Your precious console, and its terrible games, scares nobody anymore. If you get one AAA title out of the little list you posted above, consider yourself lucky.

And just pray that those games are not released on the 360.

Now...go back to waiting for 08.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Jedigemini is GOD!
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

scoobiesnackarf

My simple reply is this

Alan

:lol: :lol: :lol:

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 accameron
Member since 2004 • 1521 Posts
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

Pimpshigity21

Good post.

Has there been one week without some negative PS3 news since Sony released that clunker of a console?

The PS3 is the perfect complimentary console for the 360 --- you play great 360 games and then you can take a break, come in here and LYAO at the latest PS3 debacle (and at the Cows reactions).

Imagine how boring the console world would be without the comic relief the PS3 is providing.

Have some of this to help you enjoy next weeks instalment of Sony's Blunders:

And lets not forget the Cows. Here is something for you guys:

Ha ha. You are right. I probably wouldn't even post here if there wasn't a PS3. The PS3 is just too easy to make fun of. System wars would be mind numbingly boring without the PS3.

jessie5788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jessie5788
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

scoobiesnackarf

My simple reply is this

Alan

:lol: that made my day