It's honestly a little sad for Wii owners.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts

The Wii has a really great line up games, but I can't help but feel bad for gamers who only own a Wii. They are missing out on great titles such as Soul Calibur 4, GTA IV, MGS 4, Gears of war 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Bioshock 2 and LBP.

To the Wii owners out there, be honest and tell us, are you even a bit dissapointed that most of your hyped games have already come out and there is little to look forward to now? :/

That's not to say that theres no great games out for the Wii right now. Brawl, SMG, NMH, Zelda: TP and Mario Kart are all superb and very fun to play, but personally I feel that these titles won't be enough to satisfy the average gamer for the months to come.

How do others feel about this?

TheUtmost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheUtmost
Member since 2008 • 577 Posts
That's why I never want a Wii.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

The Wii has a really great line up games, but I can't help but feel bad for gamers who only own a Wii. They are missing out on great titles such as Soul Calibur 4, GTA IV, MGS 4, Gears of war 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Bioshock 2 and LBP.

To the Wii owners out there, be honest and tell us, are you even a bit dissapointed that most of your hyped games have already come out and there is little to look forward to now? :/

That's not to say that theres no great games out for the Wii right now. Brawl, SMG, NMH, Zelda: TP and Mario Kart are all superb and very fun to play, but personally I feel that these titles won't be enough to satisfy the average gamer for the months to come.

ChrnoTrigger

The 360 hasn't satisfied me in over a year until GTAIV came out. It's been disappointment after disappointment. Frankly, anyone who wants a little depth in their games should get a Wii and/or a PC, and just avoid the 360/PS3 altogether.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc39ee132cf4
deactivated-5fc39ee132cf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5fc39ee132cf4
Member since 2006 • 2465 Posts

I agree........Im already bored of Mario Kart.

The only game Im looking forward to at present is Fatal Frame 4.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

In the past months I have come upon a lot of threads announcing many new games for the Wii. The lineup this year on 3rd party alone and exclusives could be looking a hell of a lot worse. With that said, I totally agree with you. People that only have a Wii without a PS3; 360 or PC are missing on a hell of a lot of quality in gaming.

But then again that usually comes with the territory when you have 4 platform competitors in the market.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

This thread is ridculous. It's "sad" for Wii owners becuase between them, PS3 and Xbox 360 have a lot of good exclusives. You're comparing one console against two, and saying it's sad that the single console comes off worse?

Why don't you make the same thread about Xbox 360 owners, they're missing out on Resistance 2, MGS4, KZ 2, LBP, SSBB, SMG and MP3? Or PS3 owners, they're missing out on Mass Effect, Gears 2, SSBB, SMG and MP3?

Think before you post.

Avatar image for mushroomscout89
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mushroomscout89
Member since 2004 • 6434 Posts

2, 2, 2, 2, 2.

I'm not saying I don't want those games you listed

it's just funny how almost none of them are new titles, and almost all of them are sequels.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
maybe they like other games
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Don't feel bad for me man. I'm ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

The 360 hasn't satisfied me in over a year until GTAIV came out. It's been disappointment after disappointment. Frankly, anyone who wants a little depth in their games should get a Wii and/or a PC, and just avoid the 360/PS3 altogether.

mjarantilla

I feel the same, the majority of people in the real world feel the same. It's soo funny because this place is like a parallel universe with some major differences.

In the real world most people don't care much for ps3/360, but here the posters are obsessed with ps3/360. Posters here act like the casuals and rest of the world are not seeing clearly, but it is really SW posters that can't see things properly.

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChrnoTrigger

This thread is ridculous. It's "sad" for Wii owners becuase between them, PS3 and Xbox 360 have a lot of good exclusives. You're comparing one console against two, and saying it's sad that the single console comes off worse?

Why don't you make the same thread about Xbox 360 owners, they're missing out on Resistance 2, MGS4, KZ 2, LBP, SSBB, SMG and MP3? Or PS3 owners, they're missing out on Mass Effect, Gears 2, SSBB, SMG and MP3?

Think before you post.

ithilgore2006

I'm just presenting all the great titles and multiplats that will/have come out for the PS3/X360. You don't have to get both the consoles - you will be happy with either because both have nice games to look forward to.

I've noticed that most Wii games don't have much replay value, that's why I wouldn't make a thread for the 360 or the PS3. Sure, SSBB and Mario kart are fun.. but personally I got bored of both the games in about a month.

Maybe I was unclear, no need to get offended

2, 2, 2, 2, 2.

it's just funny how almost none of them are new titles, and almost all of them are sequels.

mushroomscout89

Which only adds to the argument, because the original games were great as well :P

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ithilgore2006
That's why I never want a Wii. TheUtmost
Hang on a second, you never want a Wii, because it doesn't have the games you already have on your other consoles?
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
so you feel bad that the wii is getting original exclusive content, that you basically cant find anyway? between the good third party games being announced for the wii and the constant flow of new wiiware titles, the wii has no future.
jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts

ChrnoTrigger

I don't care either way about SC4, GTA 4, and MGS4. They would be cool to have, but they would all be games I buy in 5 years when I can get them for 10 bucks at Gamecrazy. Gears, Resistance, and Killzone were all tremedously unfun. Bioshock will be played on my PC, even as big as a disappoinment as it was, and LBP is a goddamn level builder which I still have no idea why it is being hyped.

Personally, the PS3 and 360 have very few games that interest me. PC has the best games with depth, and Wii has the best of games on the shallower side. PS3 and 360 mostly have games that try to be deep, but fail miserably, and those really doesn't interest me.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ithilgore2006
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]

Think before you post.

ChrnoTrigger

I'm just presenting all the great titles and multiplats that will/have come out for the PS3/X360. You don't have to get both the consoles - you will be happy with either because both have nice games to look forward to.

I've noticed that most Wii games don't have much replay value, that's why I wouldn't make a thread for the 360 or the PS3. Sure, SSBB and Mario kart are fun.. but personally I got bored of both the games in about a month.

You are pretty much alone in that last part. MK Wii and SSBB, for most people, have years of replay value.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
The only game you listed that a potential Wii-only owner cares about is SCIV, possibly MGSIV as well. The others just look so "meh" and expected, it doesn't matter how many review sources you bribe.
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mushroomscout89

[QUOTE="TheUtmost"]That's why I never want a Wii. ithilgore2006
Hang on a second, you never want a Wii, because it doesn't have the games you already have on your other consoles?

If you buy a wii, they take your other consoles away.

And also reverse your sexuality.

It's all explained in the Xbox360 manual.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]

Think before you post.

ChrnoTrigger

Wii games don't have much replay value?

The Wii isn't the console a third of whose library consists of sports games and another third of which consists of games that you need to pay extra for if you want to get more than an afternoon's worth of entertainment out of them.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
Look mate, of the currect platforms, I've got a Nintendo DS Lite, a Nintendo Wii and a PC. I've got more games coming out of my ears than I can possibly afford or have the time to play. Silence.
jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]

Think before you post.

ChrnoTrigger

2, 2, 2, 2, 2.

mushroomscout89

Which only adds to the argument, because the original games were great as well :P

Killzone?

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChrnoTrigger

so you feel bad that the wii is getting original exclusive content, that you basically cant find anyway? between the good third party games being announced for the wii and the constant flow of new wiiware titles, the wii has no future. Rahnyc4

Really? Good 3rd party titles? You have to be kidding. Maybe I don't pay attention to upcoming Wii games much, but I haven't heard of a single high-budget Wii exclusive 3rd party game coming out in the future.

I'm not saying there won't be good games coming out, just not enough to satisfy the average gamer.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I feel that you could make the exact same thread for owners of any other single system, with much the same results.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
If I wanted those games,I would have bought their respective consoles.You act like a Wii-only owner somehow doesn't have the ability to purchase another console if they so wanted one.:| Personally,once I'm able to get a job,I'm going to save up and eventually purchase a gaming PC to fix my gaming needs for the rest of the generation.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts

You feel sad for me?

Didn't expect that.

mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mushroomscout89

Scary thought: The only reason anyone is excited for killzone 2, is because sony is hyping it.

It's not as if people had a great experience with Killzone one.

Way to be free thinkers guys.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9165 Posts

if sheep felt like they were missing out on those games, wouldnt have they bought a ps3 or 360 then?

also, those games dont appeal to everybody. in fact, they dont even apply to every 360/ps3 owner, otherwise their hardcore games would all sell equal to their userbase

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChrnoTrigger

If I wanted those games,I would have bought their respective consoles.You act like a Wii-only owners somehow doesn't have the ability to purchase another console if they so wanted one.:| Personally,once I'm able to get a job,I'm going to save up and eventually purchase a gaming PC to fix my gaming needs for the rest of the generation.VGobbsesser

That's why I said "gamers who only own a Wii" I know a couple of friends who only have a Wii, and I can't say that they're satisfied with only owning a Wii.

But, I have noticed that people who own multiple consoles (including the Wii) are generally satisfied with it.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mjarantilla

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]so you feel bad that the wii is getting original exclusive content, that you basically cant find anyway? between the good third party games being announced for the wii and the constant flow of new wiiware titles, the wii has no future. ChrnoTrigger

Really? Good 3rd party titles? You have to be kidding. Maybe I don't pay attention to upcoming Wii games much, but I haven't heard of a single high-budget Wii exclusive 3rd party game coming out in the future.

I'm not saying there won't be good games coming out, just not enough to satisfy the average gamer.

Of course you haven't heard of a high budget third party title for the Wii. That's because the Wii doesn't force companies to near-bankruptcy in order to finance the development of one game.

(P.S. In case you don't get it, that's called "exaggeration.")

jpKNOCKOUT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jpKNOCKOUT
Member since 2005 • 4393 Posts

2, 2, 2, 2, 2.

mushroomscout89

okay.. how about you play gears of war ONE then, or resistance ONE, or bioshock ONE, or little big planet (one! haha)

there goes all your 2's

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ithilgore2006

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]so you feel bad that the wii is getting original exclusive content, that you basically cant find anyway? between the good third party games being announced for the wii and the constant flow of new wiiware titles, the wii has no future. ChrnoTrigger

High budget? You think games are good based on their budget? Here's a reminder, Red Steel had a higher budget then Gears of War.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Willy105

Monster Hunter 3

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2

Sadness

Spyborgs

that's all the exclusives I could find, the others are multiplatform.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mushroomscout89"]

2, 2, 2, 2, 2.

jpKNOCKOUT

okay.. how about you play gears of war ONE then, or resistance ONE, or bioshock ONE, or little big planet (one! haha)

there goes all your 2's

BioShock's actually a THREE, since its success was built off of System Shock and System Shock 2.

mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mushroomscout89
[QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"]

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]so you feel bad that the wii is getting original exclusive content, that you basically cant find anyway? between the good third party games being announced for the wii and the constant flow of new wiiware titles, the wii has no future. Willy105

Monster Hunter 3

Sadness

Spyborgs

What about the conduit?

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChrnoTrigger
[QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"]

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]so you feel bad that the wii is getting original exclusive content, that you basically cant find anyway? between the good third party games being announced for the wii and the constant flow of new wiiware titles, the wii has no future. mjarantilla

Of course you haven't heard of a high budget third party title for the Wii. That's because the Wii doesn't force companies to near-bankruptcy in order to finance the development of one game.

No, it's mainly because developers are taking advantage of the Wii's sales and it's easy to develop hardware. Why do you think the stereotype "Wii only has kiddy games" is still being used? It's because devs aren't using enough resources into making a high quality title, which is why a majority of the Wii's 3rd party titles suck.

Edit: I will be taking a bath, so let this discussion continue til I come back :P

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Willy105
[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"]

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]so you feel bad that the wii is getting original exclusive content, that you basically cant find anyway? between the good third party games being announced for the wii and the constant flow of new wiiware titles, the wii has no future. mushroomscout89

Monster Hunter 3

Sadness

Spyborgs

What about the conduit?

There's that one too.

mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mushroomscout89
[QUOTE="jpKNOCKOUT"][QUOTE="mushroomscout89"]

2, 2, 2, 2, 2.

mjarantilla

there goes all your 2's

BioShock's actually a THREE, since its success was built off of System Shock and System Shock 2.

Shh, no bioshock fans actually played those.

Just like how no halo fanboys have ever even heard of Marathon.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I own all three, and as such, I split my gaming up among them, but I am fairly certain that if I only had a single system, (at this point in their life-cycles) that I could sustain my gaming with the libraries available and be more than satisfied.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"]

No, it's mainly because developers are taking advantage of the Wii's sales and it's easy to develop hardware. Why do you think the stereotype "Wii only has kiddy games" is still being used? It's because devs aren't using enough resources into making a high quality title, which is why a majority of the Wii's 3rd party titles suck.

No, it's because Wii games cost from 1/3 to as much as 1/10 the cost of developing a 360/PS3 game. A "high budget" Wii game is $20-30 million. A "high budget" PS3/360 game is $100 million, and a "low budget" PS3/360 game is $20 million. That's why you don't see "high budget" Wii games, if you're using the word "high budget" to refer to an actual dollar amount.

-Despacio-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Despacio-
Member since 2002 • 1881 Posts

Don't assume every gamer lives for games which involve shooting people. Then you'll realize a large part of the 360 line-up is elminated. When it comes to the PS3 line-up, unless gamers are interested in more sequels (much like Wii 1st party games), don't assume all gamers are dying to play teh PS3 line-up either (MGS 4, GT 5, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, etc.).

Every console has it's faults, The flaw with the 360 and PS3 combined is that they share a lot of their 3rd party titles, meaning you donj't really need both minus a few exclusives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-587acdd100f19
majority of the Wii's 3rd party titles suck.

ChrnoTrigger
That is a ridiculous thing to say with nothing to back it up.
i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts
I'm not a tiny bit disappointed that I don't own a PS3 or a 360. Not one bit. The video game industry is mostly stale, at the moment, for my tastes, and I'm enjoying the unique and better experiences I'm getting with the Wii and DS.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eponique
[QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"] majority of the Wii's 3rd party titles suck. Ghost_Dub

Well you can't really deny it :( I blame Ubizoft.
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mushroomscout89

[QUOTE="Ghost_Dub"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"] majority of the Wii's 3rd party titles suck. Eponique

I'm denying it as hard as I can.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Willy105

[QUOTE="Ghost_Dub"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"] majority of the Wii's 3rd party titles suck. Eponique

Data Design is another cultprit.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts

The great thing about games is that EVERYBODY wins nowadays! There's so many great games coming out for all systems. We live in a healthy time for gaming. Besides, Nindendo has a new Zelda in the works for Wii, Retro is making something, Factor 5 is making something, and so on. Lots of unannounced stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-587acdd100f19

I just meant there are lots of good third party Wii games like NMH, Zack & Wiki, Boomblox, RE 4 Wii, Umbrella Chronicles, Trauma Centers, Okami, Guitar Hero, Rune Factory Frontier, Tales of Symponia 2, etc.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eponique

[QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="Ghost_Dub"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"] majority of the Wii's 3rd party titles suck. Ghost_Dub

I just meant there are lots of good third party Wii games like NMH, Zack & Wiki, Boomblox, RE 4 Wii, Umbrella Chronicles, Trauma Centers, Okami, Guitar Hero, Rune Factory Frontier, Tales of Symponia 2, etc.

Well he did say majoriy (more than 50%) which is true, and is true for every winning system.

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ChrnoTrigger
[QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"]

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]so you feel bad that the wii is getting original exclusive content, that you basically cant find anyway? between the good third party games being announced for the wii and the constant flow of new wiiware titles, the wii has no future. mjarantilla

No, it's because Wii games cost from 1/3 to as much as 1/10 the cost of developing a 360/PS3 game. A "high budget" Wii game is $20-30 million. A "high budget" PS3/360 game is $100 million, and a "low budget" PS3/360 game is $20 million. That's why you don't see "high budget" Wii games, if you're using the word "high budget" to refer to an actual dollar amount.

Your figure is majorly wrong. The biggest budget in gaming history - GTA IV - is $100 million -__- the next biggest game is probably kill zone 2, which is $40 million in USD.

High budget Wii games are most likely barely 3-4 million dollars. Brawl probably took about $10 million seeing as how they advertised it alot, but high budget wii games (which i would consider to be something like mario kart or NMH) barely hit $5 million.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9165 Posts
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"]

ChrnoTrigger

Your figure is majorly wrong. The biggest budget in gaming history - GTA IV - is $100 million -__- the next biggest game is probably kill zone 2, which is $40 million in USD.

High budget Wii games are most likely barely 3-4 million dollars. Brawl probably took about $10 million seeing as how they advertised it alot, but high budget wii games (which i would consider to be something like mario kart or NMH) barely hit $5 million.

i dont like your logic. making up numbers like that other guy is alot more fun :P

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"]

Fine, that just proves my point further: you won't see big budget games on the Wii because it's incapable to make a game with a big budget on the Wii. Thank you.