It is so ****** unfair with the xbox 360 and PS3.

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Musa_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Musa_007
Member since 2008 • 133 Posts

That developers on the wii dont have to concentrate on graphics,physics and all the technical stuff and they can just concentrate on the gameplay.Whereas on the 360 and ps3 reviewers will snub a game with review points if it dares to look at bit dated or last gen.:roll:

And obviously a bad game with good graphics and physics is worth nothing so basically on the 360 and ps3 games need to look good and play good in order to be a great game.Developers have to devote resources to it and also learn new ways to tap the power of the technology in the consoles.Whereas for the wii devs are working with 5 year ols tech that they been used to and know it's potential.

Ya how fair system wars that we compare the wii with the 360 and ps3 on an equal ground.:roll:

drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 drewtwo99
Member since 2005 • 9156 Posts
Yeah, what a ridiculous notion, that the graphics of a game should be compared to the overall capabilities of other games on that platform.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy has amazing physics, graphics, and atmosphere. Many 360 and PS3 games can't match it.

Enough of this "Wii games have lower standards" Bull. You know this isn't true.

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts
Seriously, if people want to live in the past and play games with bad graphics, don't upgrade from last gen... Just like cars and everything else, visual appeal goes up each generation... ZOMG but the car doesn't drive as good, they rushed it for the graphics :roll:
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
Good point.The way they review the games for the Wii is different isnt it.They dont expect nearly as much from the Wii visually and it doesnt affect the review.
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
It's impossible to compare a Wii game's gfx to a PC/PS3/360 title, but I do think they are compared against other Wii titles.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Um compared to the system each critic expects more.

Critics bashed Fire Emblem for looking way too dated.

Praised games like Mario Galaxy for really looking good for a wii game.

SOme were 50/50 with Metroid Prime 3. SOme felt it looked great, the others felt it looked to much like Metroid PRime 2.

Brawl was also praised for looking good.

The best games on the wii usually have good graphics. Not 360/PS3 quality, but good graphics.

360 and PS3 are held to a higher standards in graphics, but honestly games like Halo 3 and Orange Box werent visual masterpieces and both were excellent games that didnt get bashed to hard.
Musa_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Musa_007

Super Mario Galaxy has amazing physics, graphics, and atmosphere. Many 360 and PS3 games can't match it.

princeofshapeir

You can say all you want but SMG looks quite terrible.I for one am annoyed with the low res textures and god awful horrible jaggies.In this day and age there really is no excuse for a such an underpowered console.

I can only imagine how much more fun SMG would be in HD.

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

I don't know how many Wii games you've seen, but it's quite obvious that developers don't know, or care, about its potential.

And if you didn't notice, a good majority of the Wii's userbase doesn't give a **** about any reveiwer's opinion. I envy them, really.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
You guys are now starting to spam the same generic topics that keep getting debunked over and over again.

The wii games are not being catered to and given free AAAs. Lets not forget we are on the site that is responsible for the biggest uproar in terms of reviews TP.

Mario Galaxy earned it, and many critics were wowed by how good it looked for a wii game. Same with Brawl and same with Prime 3.

People liked the artst-yle for Zack and Wikki and No More Heroes.

Everything else is usually burned for not looking good.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
I wonder what SMG would have been reviewed at if you kept it exacty as is,put some other character in place of mario and released it on 360 and ps3.5-6 maybe.Definitly not game of the year.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

princeofshapeir

You are one funny guy.

Musa_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Musa_007

Um compared to the system each critic expects more.

SOme were 50/50 with Metroid Prime 3. SOme felt it looked great, the others felt it looked to much like Metroid PRime 2.

The best games on the wii usually have good graphics. Not 360/PS3 quality, but good graphics.

360 and PS3 are held to a higher standards in graphics, but honestly games like Halo 3 and Orange Box werent visual masterpieces and both were excellent games that didnt get bashed to hard.jg4xchamp
Orange box looks pretty damn good.:|

And looking identical on both wii and GC why did both versions of TP got the same score in graphics then??:|

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Dan_K
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

princeofshapeir

Wow. Another non-HDTV owner telling us how good SMG graphics are. Try running it at 720p on the Wii and see what happens.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

The_Dan_K

Wow. Another non-HDTV owner telling us how good SMG graphics are. Try running it at 720p on the Wii and see what happens.

I actually have an HDTV and I do run it at said resolution, and it looks great to me. Brawl looks even better.

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Michael85

The_Dan_K

Done it. Still looks fantastic. You should try it some time.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 princeofshapeir

Musa_007

You can say all you want but SMG looks quite terrible.I for one am annoyed with the low res textures and god awful horrible jaggies.In this day and age there really is no excuse for a such an underpowered console.

Super Mario Galaxy looks fantastic. And it's pathetic that you think that it would be more fun to play if it ran at a higher resolution.

The Wii is an underpowered console, but it delivers more than what the other consoles tout as a "next-generation" experience.

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Dan_K
[QUOTE="The_Dan_K"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

princeofshapeir

I actually have an HDTV and I do run it at said resolution, and it looks great to me. Brawl looks even better.

I meant native 720p. i can take a 10x10 pixel image and put it on my HDTV in 720p, image is still 10x10.

My point is that Wii can't handle having to produce 720p NATIVE images.

And if you think those games look good comapred to actual HD titles, you are missing something. Next you'll tell me there's no difference in DVD to blu-ray :roll:

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dru26

Michael85

How are we running Wii games in 720p? And are we talking about sets/ recievers with vid Processing?
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Um compared to the system each critic expects more.

360 and PS3 are held to a higher standards in graphics, but honestly games like Halo 3 and Orange Box werent visual masterpieces and both were excellent games that didnt get bashed to hard.Musa_007

And looking identical on both wii and GC why did both versions got the same score in graphics then??:|

He said some reveiewers thought it looked too much like Metroid Prime 2, not all. GameSpot felt it looked great and thus gave it a good score in graphics.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

That developers on the wii dont have to concentrate on graphics,physics and all the technical stuff and they can just concentrate on the gameplay.Whereas on the 360 and ps3 reviewers will snub a game with review points if it dares to look at bit dated or last gen.:roll:

And obviously a bad game with good graphics and physics is worth nothing so basically on the 360 and ps3 games need to look good and play good in order to be a great game.Developers have to devote resources to it and also learn new ways to tap the power of the technology in the consoles.Whereas for the wii devs are working with 5 year ols tech that they been used to and know it's potential.

Ya how fair system wars that we compare the wii with the 360 and ps3 on an equal ground.:roll:

Musa_007

If you're so in love with graphics and physics then stay the hell away from the 360 and the PS3 and go to the PC. The Wii delivers a different experience while the other two try to imitate the PC as best as possible yet fall quite short. If you really love graphics and physics then you have no excuse not to go to the PC.

If you, however, choose to stick with the PS3 and especially the 360, then please stop your ignorant ramblings and just play your games, k? Not that hard.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dru26
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="The_Dan_K"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

The_Dan_K

I meant native 720p. i can take a 10x10 pixel image and put it on my HDTV in 720p, image is still 10x10.

And if you think those games look good comapred to actual HD titles, you are missing something. Next you'll tell me there's no difference in DVD to blu-ray :roll:

That's where I was going to go. Upscaled Wii games, are still not the prettiest sights around, but they are better then playing in Pro Scan.
RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
[QUOTE="Musa_007"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

princeofshapeir

Super Mario Galaxy looks fantastic. And it's pathetic that you think that it would be more fun to play if it ran at a higher resolution.

The Wii is an underpowered console, but it delivers more than what the other consoles tout as a "next-generation" experience.

OMG :lol: What a fanboy. Ive played Mario galaxy, the graphics are alright at best. The only thing the Wii delivers is gameplay, everything else is given to 360 + PS3. Even with Wii out, the graphics arnt even on paar with Xbox 1. Hell, it was shameful enough that God OF war PSP could compete with some of the games in terms of graphics compared to Wii.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Musa_007

Last time I checked a game being HD or not doesn't really affect how fun a game is because, at least to myself, a game being fun relies on gameplay and not just looking good. What people need to realize is that gaming goes beyond just having a great looking game, but the gameplay needs to be just as solid and entertaining. Just because you have a beautiful game in HD doesn't mean its a fun game, it just means that it looks good and nothing more. Super Mario Galaxy is a great game for many reasons beyond the visual aspect of the game, and no matter how caught up some of you may be with graphics and being worried about "OMG that looks all jagged/blurry/pixelated/whateverthehellyoucanfindwrongwithsomething!!" doesn't change what makes a game fun.

Sure graphics count for something, but its not everything, and I'll take amazing gameplay, a great story, awesome sound quality, and many other aspects that make a good game if I have to deal with some toned down graphics. Does this mean I don't wish the Wii was more powerful? Of course not, all the time I think about how nice it would be to have a Wii on par with the 360 and PS3 but for what the Wii can put out its certainly hanging in there rather well against its more powerful rivals. I'm sure next generation Nintendo will focus in on the graphics, but for now I'm enjoying great games and not having every other game I'm looking forward to flopping because developers were more worried about graphics instead of everything else that makes a great game.

So enjoy your amazing games in HD, I'm sure the lack of gameplay and a good story can be overlooked simply because it has stunning visuals. Myself and many others will be enjoying truly my games for more reasons than "it looks soooo good!" I'll be enjoying my games because they are great games.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="The_Dan_K"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

The_Dan_K

I think that Galaxy looks better than some PS3 and 360 games, not all of them. It easily outclasses the majority of the games at both system's launch. It's not on the same level as Uncharted or Gears of War, but Galaxy does look just as good, if not better, than many lazy ports/multi-plats on the 360 and PS3.

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Michael85
[QUOTE="Michael85"][QUOTE="The_Dan_K"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

dru26

How are we running Wii games in 720p? And are we talking about sets/ recievers with vid Processing?

Ran it ON a 720p TV. But since we can't really run it in 720p, I assumed you meant running it in 480p on a 720p+ TV.

Either way, point stands: still looks fantastic.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Musa_007"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

RazMaTaz-1

OMG :lol: What a fanboy. Ive played Mario galaxy, the graphics are alright at best. The only thing the Wii delivers is gameplay, everything else is given to 360 + PS3. Even with Wii out, the graphics arnt even on paar with Xbox 1. Hell, it was shameful enough that God OF war PSP could compete with some of the games in terms of graphics compared to Wii.

1) The Wii has games that outclass every game released on a console last generation in graphics.

2) God of War for the PSP can be compared to some Wii games, that is true. However, this is not because of the Wii's hardware, but because of lazy developers who do not take their time in producing a good-looking game. I can compare God of War for the PSP to Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire for the PS3 without a hitch.

3) I'm not a fanboy. I'm just telling you the truth here that standards aren't lowered for any of the consoles including the Wii.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="dru26"][QUOTE="Michael85"][QUOTE="The_Dan_K"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

Michael85

Ran it ON a 720p TV. But since we can't really run it in 720p, I assumed you meant running it in 480p on a 720p+ TV.

Either way, point stands: still looks fantastic.

Same here, I run all of my Wii games on a TV that can deliver 1080i, and the games still look great even if the Wii doesn't support the said resolution.

Musa_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Musa_007
[QUOTE="Musa_007"]

360 and PS3 are held to a higher standards in graphics, but honestly games like Halo 3 and Orange Box werent visual masterpieces and both were excellent games that didnt get bashed to hard.princeofshapeir

And looking identical on both wii and GC why did both versions got the same score in graphics then??:|

He said some reveiewers thought it looked too much like Metroid Prime 2, not all. GameSpot felt it looked great and thus gave it a good score in graphics.

I edited my post i was refering to TP which shows that wii had the same standards as GC from day one.
actionquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 actionquake
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts

The_Dan_K

Go play COD4 on 360 or PS3 and tell me it looks bad because it is upscaled. Looks horrible right?

Musa_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Musa_007
[QUOTE="Musa_007"]

Hexagon_777

If you're so in love with graphics and physics then stay the hell away from the 360 and the PS3 and go to the PC. The Wii delivers a different experience while the other two try to imitate the PC as best as possible yet fall quite short. If you really love graphics and physics then you have no excuse not to go to the PC.

If you, however, choose to stick with the PS3 and especially the 360, then please stop your ignorant ramblings and just play your games, k? Not that hard.

Yup i have an 8800 and core 2 duo equipeed PC.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
what's with the nonsense posts today?
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="Musa_007"]

kejigoto

Last time I checked a game being HD or not doesn't really affect how fun a game is because, at least to myself, a game being fun relies on gameplay and not just looking good. What people need to realize is that gaming goes beyond just having a great looking game, but the gameplay needs to be just as solid and entertaining. Just because you have a beautiful game in HD doesn't mean its a fun game, it just means that it looks good and nothing more. Super Mario Galaxy is a great game for many reasons beyond the visual aspect of the game, and no matter how caught up some of you may be with graphics and being worried about "OMG that looks all jagged/blurry/pixelated/whateverthehellyoucanfindwrongwithsomething!!" doesn't change what makes a game fun.

Sure graphics count for something, but its not everything, and I'll take amazing gameplay, a great story, awesome sound quality, and many other aspects that make a good game if I have to deal with some toned down graphics. Does this mean I don't wish the Wii was more powerful? Of course not, all the time I think about how nice it would be to have a Wii on par with the 360 and PS3 but for what the Wii can put out its certainly hanging in there rather well against its more powerful rivals. I'm sure next generation Nintendo will focus in on the graphics, but for now I'm enjoying great games and not having every other game I'm looking forward to flopping because developers were more worried about graphics instead of everything else that makes a great game.

So enjoy your amazing games in HD, I'm sure the lack of gameplay and a good story can be overlooked simply because it has stunning visuals. Myself and many others will be enjoying truly my games for more reasons than "it looks soooo good!" I'll be enjoying my games because they are great games.

:lol: What? SMG has "a good story?" :lol: By the way, play CoD 4, Ratchet, Halo 3, Sins of a Solar Empire, Mass Effect. They all have great gameplay. i don't know what you are on, but Wii offers a DIFFERENT gameplay, not necessary the better one.

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Dan_K

I think that Galaxy looks better than some PS3 and 360 games, not all of them. It easily outclasses the majority of the games at both system's launch. It's not on the same level as Uncharted or Gears of War, but Galaxy does look just as good, if not better, than many lazy ports/multi-plats on the 360 and PS3.

princeofshapeir

Oh, so you compare SMG, Wii's best looking title, to crappy ports on the PS3/360, their worst. Seems fair. But how do those Wii ports look?

How can you be sitting here arguing about how the Wii should be held in equal regard on graphical ability when compared to the PS3/360 when your opinion stems from comparing Wii's best to the other's worst?

Funny stuff.

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Michael85
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Musa_007"]

360 and PS3 are held to a higher standards in graphics, but honestly games like Halo 3 and Orange Box werent visual masterpieces and both were excellent games that didnt get bashed to hard.Musa_007

I edited my post i was refering to TP which shows that wii had the same standards as GC from day one.

TP was a direct port with no graphical upgrades at all. This is directly from the developers.

In other words, no, it did not have the same standards as GC from day one, and had that argument held any water whatsoever, then TP on GC would have scored the same as it did on Wii, which it didn't.

Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
Different standards. 360 and PS3 are all about top-of-the-line graphics while Nintendo has stated time and time again they're more about gameplay.
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
what's with the nonsense posts today?Always-Honest
I don't know but they are quite funny. :lol:
RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Musa_007"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

princeofshapeir

1) The Wii has games that outclass every game released on a console last generation in graphics.

2) God of War for the PSP can be compared to some Wii games, that is true. However, this is not because of the Wii's hardware, but because of lazy developers who do not take their time in producing a good-looking game. I can compare God of War for the PSP to Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire for the PS3 without a hitch.

3) I'm not a fanboy. I'm just telling you the truth here that standards aren't lowered for any of the consoles including the Wii.

1) LMAO :lol: Show me a game that looks as good as Riddick or Ninja Gaiden Black :|

2) Im sorry, but have you even played gundam? Graphics cannot be compared to God Of war. I got the game for crying out load. Here is what it looks like:

Regardless of it. I dont care Wii cant even compete with Tekken 5 graphics. With devs that are completely familiar with Xbox and PS2 hardware, it should be fairly easy to push Wii graphics.

3) I beg to differ.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 princeofshapeir

The_Dan_K

Oh, so you compare SMG, Wii's best looking title, to crappy ports on the PS3/360, their worst. Seems fair. But how do those Wii ports look?

How can you be sitting here arguing about how the Wii should be held in equal regard on graphical ability when compared to the PS3/360 when your opinion stems from comparing Wii's best to the other's worst?

Funny stuff.

Well, apparently, it is fair to compare a Wii game that utilizes te console's full capabilities to some shovelware port on the 360. Weren't people before comparing God of War on the PSP to the Wii's absolute worst?

I think it is totally fair to compare Galaxy to some lazy port on the PS3/360. If they're on a console that promises the utmost best-looking games, why isn't it unfair?

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="Musa_007"]

Musa_007

Cool. I envy you. So why are you bashing the Wii? What are you getting from it? You have an awesome game machine. Use it.

Musa_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Musa_007
[QUOTE="Musa_007"]

kejigoto

*sigh* now where did i say that games are not fun if they are not in HD and have blurry textures?:roll:

Maybe you didnt notice but this thread is basically saying that it's unfair comparing wii games with 360 and ps3 in a way as to say that the wii has this many AAA's and the 360 has this many.Purely in terms of system wars it just isnt logical to compare like that.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

Musa_007
Then why are so many developers happy with the Ps3 and 360 saying the systems give them what they need to expand their ideas?
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 princeofshapeir

1) LMAO :lol: Show me a game that looks as good as Riddick or Ninja Gaiden Black :|

2) Im sorry, but have you even played gundam? Graphics cannot be compared to God Of war. I got the game for crying out load. Here is what it looks like:

Regardless of it. I dont care Wii cant even compete with Tekken 5 graphics. With devs that are completely familiar with Xbox and PS2 hardware, it should be fairly easy to push Wii graphics.

3) I beg to differ.

RazMaTaz-1

1) Has Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, and RE4: Wii Edition been hiding from you all this time, or are you jujst totally ignoring them?

2) It's bad enough that you bought Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire, but play the game in motion and it looks and feels like a last-last gen game. That still screenshot can't make up for the horrendous mess of technical gameplay goof ups that are abundant in-game.

3) Hide from the truth, then.

Musa_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Musa_007
[QUOTE="Musa_007"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="Musa_007"]

Hexagon_777

Cool. I envy you. So why are you bashing the Wii? What are you getting from it? You have an awesome game machine. Use it.

Because the 360 and ps3 deserve to not be given same criteria for good games as the wii.Same goes for the PC actually.Look at UT3,that game didnt even get technical graphics medal on the PC cuz crysis has raised the bar and reviewers will deal harshly to those games whos devs didnt devote so much resources to technology thus resulting in less AAA and AA games than what they could be.
Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts

The_Dan_K

GameInformer said they were surprised on how good the game looked on a HDTV. Look it up yourself on their website. I hate what direction Nintendo decided to take the Wii on, but I can't deny that the Wii has good 1st party games.
kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

:lol: What? SMG has "a good story?" :lol: By the way, play CoD 4, Ratchet, Halo 3, Sins of a Solar Empire, Mass Effect. They all have great gameplay. i don't know what you are on, but Wii offers a DIFFERENT gameplay, not necessary the better one.

dkhw

With your apparent inability to truly read what was posted I guess I'll explain what I meant, since it way over your head. First of all I never said Super Mario Galaxy had a good story, I said it had great gameplay and that's the reason it won Game of the Year 2007 and not something that appeared on the Xbox 360 or the PS3. Also I never said not everything on the 360 or PS3 have terrible gameplay, but I've seen plenty of games come out that everyone was looking forward to (Army of Two anyone?) then it falls flat on its face because developers are more worried about the visual aspect of the game and not other areas. The point to my post was it takes more than just amazing graphics to make a truly great game, and that's more than apparent with the Wii, developers are focusing in on other core aspects of the game and not just what can look the best.

Its not the system that offers a better gameplay experience, but its more on the developers to offer that level of better gameplay experience. Not every game on the PS3 or 360 are better than the Wii and not every game on the Wii will be better than every game on the PS3 and 360. Also if Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, and ect. had truly great gameplay, then this "terrible looking subpar" Wii game wouldn't have the Game of the Year title now would it?

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Dan_K

Fireball2500

GameInformer said they were surprised on how good the game looked on a HDTV. Look it up yourself on their website.

First of all, just the fact that they were "surprised" says it all. It means that normally Wii games look like dung. Also, that says nothing about those graphics compared to those natively rendered in HD on the 360/PS3.

Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fireball2500
[QUOTE="dkhw"]

kejigoto

With your apparent inability to truly read what was posted I guess I'll explain what I meant, since it way over your head. First of all I never said Super Mario Galaxy had a good story, I said it had great gameplay and that's the reason it won Game of the Year 2007 and not something that appeared on the Xbox 360 or the PS3. Also I never said not everything on the 360 or PS3 have terrible gameplay, but I've seen plenty of games come out that everyone was looking forward to (Army of Two anyone?) then it falls flat on its face because developers are more worried about the visual aspect of the game and not other areas. The point to my post was it takes more than just amazing graphics to make a truly great game, and that's more than apparent with the Wii, developers are focusing in on other core aspects of the game and not just what can look the best.

Its not the system that offers a better gameplay experience, but its more on the developers to offer that level of better gameplay experience. Not every game on the PS3 or 360 are better than the Wii and not every game on the Wii will be better than every game on the PS3 and 360. Also if Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, and ect. had truly great gameplay, then this "terrible looking subpar" Wii game wouldn't have the Game of the Year title now would it?

Sounds like that, if you can accept a almost-nonexistant story, you'll love COD2 for the 360. Good graphics with gameplay to boot.
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9571 Posts
Seriously, if people want to live in the past and play games with bad graphics, don't upgrade from last gen... Just like cars and everything else, visual appeal goes up each generation... ZOMG but the car doesn't drive as good, they rushed it for the graphics :roll:D3monchicken
Uh.. Bad analogy. Skylines have been sexy ever since 1993, and they still are kicka**.
Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fireball2500
[QUOTE="Fireball2500"][QUOTE="The_Dan_K"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

The_Dan_K

GameInformer said they were surprised on how good the game looked on a HDTV. Look it up yourself on their website.

First of all, just the fact that they were "surprised" says it all. It means that normally Wii games look like dung. Also, that says nothing about those graphics compared to those natively rendered in HD on the 360/PS3.

http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200712/R07.1106.1825.05910.htm There's the review right there. Look at the graphics section.