Is Xbox 720 selling out to casuals a good idea?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
I would be pissed if i were an xbox fan, and i just heard rumors that the next console will have even more kinect junk. Not to mention constant internet connection and force use of kinect. Is the kinect so popular and profitable that they had to make it the center of the 720? How do you feel about this?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Key word: rumour.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Welcome to the living room revolution.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

You really should stop taking rumors seriously, but hey you're a calf so anything bad said about the Xbox brand true or false means you will eat it up real good.

Now I should be concerned with Sony since they dropped core gamer in 2006 to go 100% movie to chase Hollywood's(lol) pot of gold.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46

You really should stop taking rumors seriously, but hey you're a calf so anything bad said about the Xbox brand true or false means you will eat it up real good.

Now I should be concerned with Sony since they dropped core gamer in 2006 to go 100% movie to chase Hollywood's(lol) pot of gold.

sonic1564
Lol.
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

clyde46

Lol.

2xLol.

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonic1564

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

clyde46

Lol.

Yep, PS3 really does have no games and PS4 will follow suit.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Those filthy casuals, ruining my hobby and lifetime. If only they could be on my level.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="sonic1564"]

sonic1564

Lol.

Yep, PS3 really does have no games and PS4 will follow suit.

Strange, I could of sworn the PS3 had better exclusives and the same multiplats.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts
I think cows are too worried about everyone else instead of buying and supporting the games they hype. There is no concrete evidence for either next gen console yet cows seem to hang on to these rumors. Its idiotic. Forcing kinect, always on internet, and banning used games would be market suicide. Neither company is that stupid. If anything TC, id be much worried about Sony's financing since consoles usually sell at a loss during the first 2-3yrs after launch. MS can support that, im not sure how Sony will, or at least without going casual like Ninty with the Wii.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sonic1564

Strange, I could of sworn the PS3 had better exclusives and the same multiplats. clyde46

-PS3 movies

-Video Games

Choose one

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

Strange, I could of sworn the PS3 had better exclusives and the same multiplats. sonic1564

-PS3 movies

-Video Games

Choose one

Poor little lemming, still clinging to the 2006 meme.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

sonic1564
You claim Sony is copying everything nintendo and microsoft does and then claim they are going 100% movie. Make up your mind.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Arguing about rumours
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DISSESHOWEDO

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

Strange, I could of sworn the PS3 had better exclusives and the same multiplats. sonic1564

-PS3 movies

-Video Games

Choose one

You should take the spartan helmet/visor off, from time to time, it's totaly killing your brain cells ! Have fun with kinectbox and the 3 exclusives which even a xbot like you will get tired off !

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sonic1564

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

NEWMAHAY

You claim Sony is copying everything nintendo and microsoft does and then claim they are going 100% movie. Make up your mind.

Their stupidity made them do both.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Releasing casual games =/= dropping the hardcore market. One of the best consoles ever (PS2) appealed to both casual and hardcore.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
As a "SonyNintendoFan" I'm a little confused by your concern for "Microsoft" gamers and their next system. To answer the question, I will not be making a launch purchase, either for the next Microsoft system or the next Sony one, and I currently do not own a WiiU. Just wait until release to make your choice, and quit worrying about rumors.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sonic1564

You should take the spartan helmet/visor off, from time to time, it's totaly killing your brain cells ! Have fun with kinectbox and the 3 exclusives which even a xbot like you will get tired off !

DISSESHOWEDO

At least I have games. All you got are interactive movies.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

sonic1564

All you have is Halo/Gears and Forza pal.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sonic1564

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

clyde46

Its sad that even you a hermit wouldn't count DD games. We also got Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, PGR, B&K: N&B, Akai Katana, a bunch of XBLA games, and more. All you have are interactive movies no one in the real world likes.

MSXBOX4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MSXBOX4EVER
Member since 2012 • 604 Posts

I would be pissed if i were an xbox fan, and i just heard rumors that the next console will have even more kinect junk. Not to mention constant internet connection and force use of kinect. Is the kinect so popular and profitable that they had to make it the center of the 720? How do you feel about this?SonyNintendoFan

bro. i don't know what to tell you. 

when i first saw kinect i thought it would be awesome. punching people in the face and shooting guns and stuff. would be awesome to fully smash up someone on kinect with blood and stuff if it actually worked!

plus the microphone is awesome. i even thought an rpg where the tone of your voice and/or body language plays a role would be pretty sweet. hell, even ps move is getting hardcore with that game mister shake xxxx was hyping (but i forgot the name of it). what does ms give gamers? you know gamers whom you can easily get demographic data on to work out the average age of gamers is in their 30s. sesame street kinect garbage. what a waste of potential for a potentially awesome peripheral. 

turns out kinect is weaker than the US economy. weaker than a thread by a psychology major. 

constant internet connection - i couldn't give a toss because i've had constant (sans outages, so constant like how my power supply is constant) internet since about 2004. 

if the xbox becomes the casual box then I can't be ms xbox forever any more. 

i want games that are awesome, not franchises. sure some franchises are awesome like gears, but the trend is just to free_milk the living fecal matter out of these systems. 

really i don't know anything concrete about next xbox or ps4. but what's really disappointing is how much ms are holding back, as though the 360 is still a spring chicken. Uh, newsflash MS - the 360 is a slouch now. 

here's a little somethin' 'bout a fanboy like me

never shouldda supported the 360

sony, would like to say

that I'm a crazy little fanboy from around the way

since I was a youth, I played pc

now I like to play on console's 'cause its easy

man the kinect is poo

todd2r where are you?

you don't like how I'm living well .... (you can fill in the normal song lyric here)

S-Jenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 S-Jenson
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

-PS3 movies

-Video Games

Choose one

Very few ps3 games are highly cinematic, uncharted, heavy rain and god of war come to mind mainly because of the superb animation and the way they blend gameplay, scripted events and cutscenes so well..
720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 720OwnsPS4
Member since 2013 • 132 Posts

720 is going to slaughter the competition. Nobody is going to buy a system for Killzone 4 and Move. People will buy a console for Kinect, Halo, and Destiny.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="sonic1564"]

sonic1564

Its sad that even you a hermit wouldn't count DD games. We also got Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, PGR, B&K: N&B, Akai Katana, a bunch of XBLA games, and more. All you have are interactive movies no one in the real world likes.

Just in cased you missed this, you failed to respond to me on the last two times I posted it.  And here is my GT. [url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Radar616]  [/url]
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sonic1564

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] All you have is Halo/Gears and Forza pal.clyde46

Just in cased you missed this, you failed to respond to me on the last two times I posted it.  And here is my GT.

Okay, your 360, so what?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
M$ could sell a yo-yo without a cord and lems would buy it and pay for online.
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DISSESHOWEDO

720 is going to slaughter the competition. Nobody is going to buy a system for Killzone 4 and Move. People will buy a console for Kinect, Halo, and Destiny.

720OwnsPS4

And here comes the village idiot. :D

MSXBOX4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MSXBOX4EVER
Member since 2012 • 604 Posts

M$ could sell a yo-yo without a cord and lems would buy it and pay for online.kuraimen

sweet where can i buy this yoyo?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]M$ could sell a yo-yo without a cord and lems would buy it and pay for online.MSXBOX4EVER

sweet where can i buy this yoyo?

Send me $500 and $60 each month from now on until you get your yo-yo
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts
[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

clyde46

Yep. The best exclusive shooter, best exclusive racer, and possibly the best new exclusive of this generation. Poor Lems. Must suck getting quality over quantity.
j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
who cares, as long as m$ makes money,
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 timbers_WSU
M$ could sell a yo-yo without a cord and lems would buy it and pay for online.kuraimen
And there are folks like you who can't pay for a system period but enjoy the Libraries "Idiots welcomed" policy.
PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 PS3FanMan4Life
Member since 2012 • 131 Posts
[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"]I would be pissed if i were an xbox fan, and i just heard rumors that the next console will have even more kinect junk. Not to mention constant internet connection and force use of kinect. Is the kinect so popular and profitable that they had to make it the center of the 720? How do you feel about this?

It's great if you are a Sony supporter. Let them have the casuals. Sony will gladly take the 100 million+ moderate-hardcore gamers of the world. We stand united with Sony to restore this great company. We can do it we just have to believe.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#35 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

What's point of agruing about rumors. I don't believe anything until it comes from Sony and MS's mouth twoards the public.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"]I would be pissed if i were an xbox fan, and i just heard rumors that the next console will have even more kinect junk. Not to mention constant internet connection and force use of kinect. Is the kinect so popular and profitable that they had to make it the center of the 720? How do you feel about this?PS3FanMan4Life
It's great if you are a Sony supporter. Let them have the casuals. Sony will gladly take the 100 million+ moderate-hardcore gamers of the world. We stand united with Sony to restore this great company. We can do it we just have to believe.

how do i sign up for this great reform?

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"][QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"]I would be pissed if i were an xbox fan, and i just heard rumors that the next console will have even more kinect junk. Not to mention constant internet connection and force use of kinect. Is the kinect so popular and profitable that they had to make it the center of the 720? How do you feel about this?

You realize you are saying this over a piece of plastic and screws right? Some ignorant people in here. Good God. Go outside man.
720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 720OwnsPS4

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"][QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"]I would be pissed if i were an xbox fan, and i just heard rumors that the next console will have even more kinect junk. Not to mention constant internet connection and force use of kinect. Is the kinect so popular and profitable that they had to make it the center of the 720? How do you feel about this?timbers_WSU

You realize you are saying this over a piece of plastic and screws right? Some ignorant people in here. Good God. Go outside man.

Ha! He must be a basement dweller weaboo virgin with no friends.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

possibly the best new exclusive of this generation. .timbers_WSU

Nope Uncharted won that...

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Key word: rumour.

lundy86_4

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"] It's great if you are a Sony supporter. Let them have the casuals. Sony will gladly take the 100 million+ moderate-hardcore gamers of the world. We stand united with Sony to restore this great company. We can do it we just have to believe.720OwnsPS4

Does Xbox Live aceept food stamps? How else do the quasi-homeless 360 gamers afford their subscripitions?

720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 720OwnsPS4

[QUOTE="720OwnsPS4"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] You realize you are saying this over a piece of plastic and screws right? Some ignorant people in here. Good God. Go outside man.StrongBlackVine

Does Xbox Live aceept food stamps? How else do the quasi-homeless 360 gamers afford their subscripitions?

Most Xbox Live users are rich people who enjoy the finer things in life.

PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PS3FanMan4Life

[QUOTE="720OwnsPS4"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] You realize you are saying this over a piece of plastic and screws right? Some ignorant people in here. Good God. Go outside man.StrongBlackVine

Lol I know really! We Sony supporters get PSN for FREE. That's right Xbox fanboys, FREE. I heard PS4 may also introduce a new concept of paying you to play. That's right, they may sponsor hosts, pros, advertisers, and other skilled people to get on PSN. What a great company Sony has been and continues to be.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
who cares, as long as m$ makes money, j_assassin
thats the problem.Only thing MS care about is money.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

i rather have casuals playing video games and not ''gamers'' like SDF(sony defense force ) butthurt basement dwellers that created a group to defend sony and ps3,that's more sad than being a casual gamer :cool:

PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PS3FanMan4Life
[QUOTE="j_assassin"]who cares, as long as m$ makes money, killzowned24

Yeah, forget M$. They just want profits. Sony wants to give back to the players/community. They even took a major hit on the PS3 so we could all enjoy the best gaming console in the world which featured the Cell processor, blu-ray, built-in wifi, and a controller with built-in rechargeable battery. Xbox offered NONE of that.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="j_assassin"]who cares, as long as m$ makes money, PS3FanMan4Life

Yeah, forget M$. They just want profits. Sony wants to give back to the players/community. They even took a major hit on the PS3 so we could all enjoy the best gaming console in the world which featured the Cell processor, blu-ray, built-in wifi, and a controller with built-in rechargeable battery. Xbox offered NONE of that.

Oh, MS will thank them. They will thank their loyal fans with an always "Kinect"ed XBox that gathers all kinds of marketing data on them so that data can be sold to advertisers despite the charge-to-play online.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

gawd y'all... gawd. i would be pissed if i was an xbox fan.

didja hear that all it will play is farmville and the new kinect halo babies game which is all about the adventures of masterchief when he was 3 years old?

didja hear about it?  gawd.

pacther released a report about it.

also some guy on the internet that has 2 dev  kits  said it was underpowered and then totally started kissing all the other guys around him and then it gave him an insatiable desire to play angry birds.

i'd be pissed y'all.

gawd.

OldSnake-PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 OldSnake-PS3
Member since 2013 • 159 Posts

for micro$oft casual money is just as good as core gamers money 

PS4 FTW

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="j_assassin"]who cares, as long as m$ makes money, killzowned24

this kind of angry statements make me chuckle every time. :lol: