Is this the golden hour for a Steam Machine revival?

• 101 results
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44450 Posts

@last_lap: I am using my brain. I wasn’t “echoing” what anyone else thought. Valve had their own internal expectations for what they wanted out of the Steam Deck so only they would know if it has been a success or a failure. Not sure how this is some kind of hot take or anything. Never made any claim if it was a success or failure myself.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22871 Posts

@last_lap said:

@Archangel3371: I see you like to agree with pedro a lot, which makes you just as bad as him. Valve hasn't posted official number and has only celebrated a million units sold, but and yet Steam has 132 million active users, maybe use your brain instead of echoing pedro's.

@Pedro:See you proved me right, and I knew you wouldn't engage with the OP who says it's very popular without any proof but want to comment on my posts, you're a clown, and we're done here.

Your anger and assumptions spoil otherwise good conversation. You're operating on such little factual information and yet making declarations born of false conviction. You should try engaging in the topic about steam machines and leave all the jaded feelings you have conjured up in your head aside. It clouds your ability to discuss without sounding like your emotions have been heavily impacted.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6596 Posts

@Pedro said:
@last_lap said:

@Archangel3371: I see you like to agree with pedro a lot, which makes you just as bad as him. Valve hasn't posted official number and has only celebrated a million units sold, but and yet Steam has 132 million active users, maybe use your brain instead of echoing pedro's.

@Pedro:See you proved me right, and I knew you wouldn't engage with the OP who says it's very popular without any proof but want to comment on my posts, you're a clown, and we're done here.

Why would I be engaging the OP when you are the one that falsely stated that the Steam Deck was an epic failure without evidence? You made the foolish claim and you are resorting whataboutism to deflect.🤷🏽‍♂️ The irony in you calling others clown is 😂.

When I came back there was a few people I didn't want to converse too much with, you are on that list because I know the type of person you are, and I'm done talking to you. this will be more response to any and all posts you either quote or reply to me from now on

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TheEroica  Moderator

@last_lap said:
@Pedro said:
@last_lap said:

Why would I be engaging the OP when you are the one that falsely stated that the Steam Deck was an epic failure without evidence? You made the foolish claim and you are resorting whataboutism to deflect.🤷🏽‍♂️ The irony in you calling others clown is 😂.

When I came back there was a few people I didn't want to converse too much with, you are on that list because I know the type of person you are, and I'm done talking to you. this will be more response to any and all posts you either quote or reply to me from now on

Lol... Oh no.... What will Pedro do!? 🤷

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1279 Posts

someone asks for proof and he leaves. Lmao

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371 said:

@last_lap: I am using my brain. I wasn’t “echoing” what anyone else thought. Valve had their own internal expectations for what they wanted out of the Steam Deck so only they would know if it has been a success or a failure. Not sure how this is some kind of hot take or anything. Never made any claim if it was a success or failure myself.

Pedro says it was based off emotion and you responded with my bad thus echoing his opinion. My posts were not made off of emotion, it was based on Valve celebrating a million sales and then nothing other than PR speak from Valve saying they sold Multiple millions, so they celebrate a million and nothing since other than sold "multiple millions" If any other console or handheld announced that people would be calling it a failure, but somehow Valve is different and we can only judge them on their expectations lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Last_Lap
@TheEroica said:

Your anger and assumptions spoil otherwise good conversation. You're operating on such little factual information and yet making declarations born of false conviction. You should try engaging in the topic about steam machines and leave all the jaded feelings you have conjured up in your head aside. It clouds your ability to discuss without sounding like your emotions have been heavily impacted.

My assumptions? you declared the Steam Deck to be very popular, what is that based off of? oh emotions and nothing else because you yourself have provided NO factual information.

A couple of people at Valve (not Gaben) have claimed it has sold multiple millions but didn't provide any proof so in the end its just PR speak.

The fact Valve hasn't released numbers is pretty telling in itself. That and there are 132 million active Steam users, so 2yrs in one would expect their PR to say tens of millions, but nope.

So, in the end a Steam console would be a failure even if it was made to with future proofing in mind like making everything interchangeable the problem would be that all future graphics cards etc would need to be the same size to fit into this console.

I wouldn't say no console gamer would by it, but very little would, and I can see very little PC users buying it either.

And yet you dismiss all my posts because you are basing them off of me being emotional, which is untrue. But if you believe so then that's on you because I feel my posts have been reasonable and I have provided links to the information I could find which is more than what you have done with your claim that the Deck is VERY popular.

So, in the end you can dismiss my posts based off of your assumptions that i'm posting emotionally, but that to me just says that you can't debunk what I have said.

I've said all I wanted to say, and I will read your response (if you respond) but in the end i'm happy to agree to disagree on this one and move on.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Last_Lap

@TheEroica: Maybe Pedro can call you out for your claim that the Steam Deck is VERY popular, and ask you for proof as you still haven't provided any other than your emotional response that it is 🤷‍♂️

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Archangel3371

@last_lap: Yeah because he is right, opinions like that shouldn’t be based on emotions. So yes I do agree with that. Just because I agree with that doesn’t mean I am “echoing” that. That’s just a weak counter argument to something just because it’s different then your’s.

You can assume all you want based on what information Valve decides to share about the sales of the Steam Deck but until they come out and specifically state whether they consider it a success or failure that’s all it is, an assumption. The fact that companies have expectations on what they would consider a product of theirs to be consider a success or failure for them isn’t even a debatable fact.

To be fair much of your assumption on the Steam Deck does come of as being based on emotion. The way you talk about Valve and PC gamers in general paints it that way.

Once again I don’t deem it a success or failure because I don’t know what metrics Valve have for being one or the other. They are continuing to support it though it would seem so I guess they are still invested in the platform.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371: And that is based off of your opinion, which is an emotion is it not? so by that it must mean everybody is posting by emotion.

I tried looking on the net for official numbers and Valve hasn't provided any, companies don't hide numbers when they exceed expectations, they do when they don't though, which is speculation, but speculation based off of history.

As for my opinion of PC/hermits, well I have taken shots all Cows, Lems and Sheep, so I guess I hate everybody based on your perception.

I just call it the way I see it no matter what company it is.

And by saying i'm posting by emotions alone then yes you are echoing pedro.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Archangel3371

@last_lap: No. Saying that a company sets expectations for success or failure isn’t something that is based on emotion. How is it? Neither is agreeing that making a claim as such is either.

Just because they don’t divulge specific numbers mean that it is a failure. Again that’s just an assumption for anyone outside of Valve to make. That is not a fact. Now you’re moving to “exceed expectations”. For something to be considered a success does not mean that it has to exceed expectations.

This isn’t about my perception on whether or not you “hate” anyone, it’s simply about the context of this thread and how you presented your opinion on the Steam Deck being a failure.

You can call it how you see it all you like but once again that does not make it a fact at all.

I never said that you where posting on emotions alone. Once again I simply agreed that opinions like these shouldn’t be based on emotion unless you want to state that you’re just assuming and not trying to pass it off as some fact that others don’t see.

Once again let me clarify that no one can claim that the Steam Deck is a success or failure because that is set by Valve’s expectations. You seemed to have taken my simply factual statement as an attack on you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70207 Posts

@last_lap said:

You foolishly attempted and failed to pass your opinion as a fact. When your foolish opinion was challenged you threw a tantrum. 🤷🏽‍♂️

@TheEroica said:

I don't know how I will be able to go on.😂

@Archangel3371 said:

@last_lap: No. Saying that a company sets expectations for success or failure isn’t something that is based on emotion. How is it? Neither is agreeing that making a claim as such is either.

Just because they don’t divulge specific numbers mean that it is a failure. Again that’s just an assumption for anyone outside of Valve to make. That is not a fact. Now you’re moving to “exceed expectations”. For something to be considered a success does not mean that it has to exceed expectations.

This isn’t about my perception on whether or not you “hate” anyone, it’s simply about the context of this thread and how you presented your opinion on the Steam Deck being a failure.

You can call it how you see it all you like but once again that does not make it a fact at all.

I never said that you where posting on emotions alone. Once again I simply agreed that opinions like these shouldn’t be based on emotion unless you want to state that you’re just assuming and not trying to pass it off as some fact that others don’t see.

Once again let me clarify that no one can claim that the Steam Deck is a success or failure because that is set by Valve’s expectations. You seemed to have taken my simply factual statement as an attack on you.

He throws a hissy fit anytime he is challenged on his nonsense and documented illogical hate towards PC gaming. You would swear PC gaming committed genocide.😂 Since his return he been extra sensitive. Soon he will announce his departure in his final tantrum.🥴

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Can’t really say that I disagree with you there.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371: You're just talking in circles now. i'm over this, i've said my piece (on multiple occasions) and you can believe what you want to believe.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Archangel3371

@last_lap: Not talking in circles, just reiterating the factual statement that I initially made.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

Careful, agreeing with me causes problems.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Life is full of risks. 😅

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2149 Posts

Might be a viable option with Zen5 APUs in a miniPC sized box. Adding dGPUs in the mix is not really a good idea and would inflate prices to insanity as most manufacturers would just try to fleece the noobs who don't know anything about PC hardware.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Last_Lap

@Pedro said:
@last_lap said:

You foolishly attempted and failed to pass your opinion as a fact. When your foolish opinion was challenged you threw a tantrum. 🤷🏽‍♂️

@TheEroica said:

I don't know how I will be able to go on.😂

@Archangel3371 said:

He throws a hissy fit anytime he is challenged on his nonsense and documented illogical hate towards PC gaming. You would swear PC gaming committed genocide.😂 Since his return he been extra sensitive. Soon he will announce his departure in his final tantrum.🥴

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34731 Posts

I didn't know the subject was so emotional.

@Pedro said:

He throws a hissy fit anytime he is challenged on his nonsense and documented illogical hate towards PC gaming.

While supporting the biggest PC company in the world.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 686 Posts

For the first time since the PS2 days I am considering not buying a PS when the next generation comes out.

The Steam Deck or their competitors are giving me what I want - a machine where I can play games without the hassle of worrying about the right processor, GPU etc and for a reasonable price. Not everybody wants to build a PC

For PS6 I would be expecting a price around £750 so I will be interested to see where they are in 2026 with the handheld market.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Pedro

@Litchie: The irony.😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TheEroica  Moderator

@jcafcwbb said:

For the first time since the PS2 days I am considering not buying a PS when the next generation comes out.

The Steam Deck or their competitors are giving me what I want - a machine where I can play games without the hassle of worrying about the right processor, GPU etc and for a reasonable price. Not everybody wants to build a PC

For PS6 I would be expecting a price around £750 so I will be interested to see where they are in 2026 with the handheld market.

I made that very decision this Gen... I didn't see a new console generation of value heading our way, so I went with steam deck because it exposes me to more games than the consoles can and fits better with my on the go lifestyle... (I'm in Florida on the beach right now, for example, and have been playing yakuza zero.... Let's see someone's ps5 do that on a plane...

There's a lot of accute emotions in this thread because steam deck is helping forge a refined way to game on the go and it hurts people's feelings tremendously. I say, get yourself a deck! You likely won't look back.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Careful, agreeing with me causes problems.😂

Only to the heretics who deny lord Gabens creations that have come to save our species with their unyielding popularity..... 🙏 Thank God.... Er, I mean Gaben for blessing us.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro

@TheEroica: Why are you stoking the flames?😂

You live in Florida?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@Pedro said:

@TheEroica: Why are you stoking the flames?😂

You live in Florida?

Nah... I'm a new Englander. I brought my wife down here for mothers day to watch Brandi Carlile on the beach. Big win for her..... And me! Lol

Stoking?! Lol no no... I want to he sure I'm playing to the fictional narrative Going on inside some people's heads... I call it serving the community..... 😜

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pedro

@TheEroica: The you shouldn't be wasting your time on here.😎

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TheEroica  Moderator

@Pedro: ha! Too true.... Lazy morning though. Wifey wanted to sleep in. I went out and ran 5 miles, came back showered up and enjoying 2nd cup of coffee while she reads.... Perfect time to tend to the garden. Lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Pedro

@TheEroica: Props for keeping active.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58459 Posts

Honestly I don't think it really fits Valve's MO to do the Steam Machine again. They're a progressive company that tend to take on new projects that actually contribute to making gaming better as a whole, or at the very least contribute new ideas to gaming and make you think "Well, at least they tried something new and it worked, even if it didn't sell or take off".

Not saying this to hype Valve or anything, they just seem like the kind of company that a.) wouldn't/shouldn't revisit old ideas, and b.) wouldn't try anything that doesn't serve the "greater good" of gaming.

I imagine Valve also asks themselves a lot of questions:

• Why make a Steam Machine when there is the Deck?
  • Why make Steam Machine when you can get the same thing building it yourself?
  • Why make Steam Machine when you can go down to Costco and get a decent prebuilt for $900 (or an online retailer)?
  • Why make a Steam Machine with a custom OS that hamstrings your customer by being limited relative to other desktops?
  • Why make a Steam Machine to compete with consoles when regular PC's already do every thing and more a console can do? I can play my PC in my living room on the couch with a controller now, and I can play it at my desk with a HOTAS setup and VR headset. I can play with friends on PS and Xbox and PC.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TheEroica  Moderator

@Pedro said:

@TheEroica: Props for keeping active.

Have to.... 45 years old.... Kids are almost in college. Emerging from parenting young kids to reclaiming your time gradually as they grow up... You have a good 18 years to think about what comes next... For me it's been mountaineering, doing triathlon training and getting fit again. I swim on a competitive swim team, run, bike, strength train... And I've got two wonderful kids who are way smarter/capable than me. Life is good.

Actually, releasing gaming as a priority has aided my reclamation. I still LOVE gaming, but it's my servant now instead of master.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:

Again, you spray words against the wall like poo and hope some of them stick. Your assumptions are wild... And off the mark, but you do you. I have digital libraries on every platform and have been entrenched with each over the years. The thread is asking whether it's a good time for steam machines to make a reappearance...

You're popping off about Gabe not spending the r and d money on a pile of nerds because he has them indoctrinated or something, but then we are living in a world where he has already spent the r and d money on said consoles, and a new handheld that is very popular.

So again, following you is confusing because it's a ton of rage and very little actual substance.

I have asked you multiple times to prove your claim that the Deck is very popular, why are you stalling on that proof?

It's funny how people in here ask me to provide proof of my claim and yet everyone is giving you a free pass on your claim hmmm.

So, are you gonna provide proof to your claim or just have a circle jerk with your best bud?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Pedro

Doesn't provide proof to his claim but demanding it from others.😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TheEroica  Moderator

@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:

Again, you spray words against the wall like poo and hope some of them stick. Your assumptions are wild... And off the mark, but you do you. I have digital libraries on every platform and have been entrenched with each over the years. The thread is asking whether it's a good time for steam machines to make a reappearance...

You're popping off about Gabe not spending the r and d money on a pile of nerds because he has them indoctrinated or something, but then we are living in a world where he has already spent the r and d money on said consoles, and a new handheld that is very popular.

So again, following you is confusing because it's a ton of rage and very little actual substance.

I have asked you multiple times to prove your claim that the Deck is very popular, why are you stalling on that proof?

It's funny how people in here ask me to provide proof of my claim and yet everyone is giving you a free pass on your claim hmmm.

So, are you gonna provide proof to your claim or just have a circle jerk with your best bud?

As if anyone owes your baseless accusations and ridiculous approach in this thread an ounce of validation. Lol... 😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:

As if anyone owes your baseless accusations and ridiculous approach in this thread an ounce of validation. Lol... 😂

It's not an accusation as you actually said it and I put it in bold and underlined it, it's there for everyone to see.

I don't want an ounce of validation from anyone on here, but you should validate your baseless claim that its very popular.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

The Aussie is in shambles😆

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro

@last_lap said:

It's not an accusation as you actually said it and I put it in bold and underlined it, it's there for everyone to see.

I don't want an ounce of validation from anyone on here, but you should validate your baseless claim that its very popular.

Just like you should validate "As for the Steam Deck being very popular, c'mon man you're not telling the truth, it's a failure of epic proportions."🤭

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@Pedro said:
@last_lap said:

Just like you should validate "As for the Steam Deck being very popular, c'mon man you're not telling the truth, it's a failure of epic proportions."🤭

Is this where I insert, "he got rekt!!". @SolidGame_basic asking for a friend.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Archangel3371

@TheEroica: Oh snap! 😅

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:

Head back to your first post in this thread....your entire first paragraph is a baseless accusation... It's also low brow scrub talk trying to project how I or anyone else feels about pc or how people enjoy consuming games. Right off the bat you exposed yourself as someone popping off from behind a computer screen and not really engaged with who you were speaking with or attempting to answer the question posed.

You think anything you wrote after that deserves validation from a community member when you barge in spewing nonsensical accusations? I checked out on you pretty much at that post in terms of taking you serious... It's possible you're jaded by the industry defining popularity of the steam deck, but that shipped has sailed at this point.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Last_Lap

@TheEroica: Still waiting for your proof that it's very popular.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Last_Lap

@TheEroica: My first post is accurate. He has suckered the PC community to his store front and all your games are tied to that store, you can't trade, lend to friends etc.

You cheer for Steam Deck and I did say he will not waste billions in R&D on a console when you make him a ton of money with him barely lifting a finger. So I did address the question asked in the OP 🤷‍♂️

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TheEroica  Moderator

@last_lap said:

Take the L... It's your only path out. There's no shame in it. Well... Maybe a little.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Pedro

@last_lap said:

Still waiting for your proof.🙃

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Last_Lap

@TheEroica: Still won't address your own post with proof and you're asking me to take the L 🤦‍♂️

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheEroica  Moderator

@last_lap said:

@TheEroica: Still won't address your own post with proof and you're asking me to take the L 🤦‍♂️

I'm trying to encourage you to stop the embarrassing yourself but the clue isn't landing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Pedro

@last_lap said:

We are waiting for the proof behind your silly claim.🤭

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Last_Lap

@TheEroica: It's ok to say that when you claimed it was popular you did so with emotion and that you can't prove it is. No one will look down on you, well not too much.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Pedro

@last_lap said:

@TheEroica: It's ok to say that when you claimed it was popular you did so with emotion and that you can't prove it is. No one will look down on you, well not too much.

Remember when you claimed the Stramdeck was an epic failure? You did so with emotions and that you can't prove it is. No one will look down on you, well not too much.😂

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#100 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34731 Posts