Is this the first gen Sony and Nintendo are doing equally well?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

In most gen cycles, there's usually just one company that is dominate and the rest fight for second. This gen seems different. The Switch and PS4 are neck and neck so far. Do you think this will continue to happen, SW? Or will Switch lose steam?

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

They are both doing well but the generations aren’t really aligned. Switch is just starting and PS4 has been going strong for a few years.

Both PS3 and Wii did well, too. Just one started stronger and the other finished stronger.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

They are both doing extremely well. It remains to be seen if Switch can keep the momentum going though as it’s still early days and Switch is benefiting from one of he strongest launches in the history of gaming. Switch needs more time on the market before we can say it’s doing as well as the PS4 but for now I’ll agree it’s doing very well.

Both of them doing phenomenally well is what makes the Xbone look pathetic in comparison.

Everyone is like “? Xflop Y U no sell?!”

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Far too early to compare the Switch's success to the PS4. I mean, if we take the entire generation into consideration, Sony is very much still dominating. It took Nintendo's second system in the same generation (if we are even in typical generations anymore) to find success. I won't deny that the Switch has been a huge hit so far, but making such a bold comparison within one year is a little much.

EDIT: Quad, you try too hard. Xbox wasn't in the OP; Just forcing your bullshit in every topic as per usual.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#5 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

But they aren't. PS4 destroyed WiiU which made Nintendo have to throw the whole GEN 8 out the door, and create something weird. In any case, the Switch will never match the ps4 in sales.

Also, the ps3 sold 80 million units. Wii 100 million. They were pretty close too.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By QuadKnight

@CRUSHER88: ? Don’t get mad at me Xbone is flopping. Get mad at your Uncle Phil. Why should we exclude Xbone from a topic discussing success of consoles this gen? Unless you’re admitting Xbox is no longer a player in the market.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

No, because they aren't in the same gen.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

We need more time to compare the success of the Switch to the runaway success of the PS4. I wouldn't say they're equally doing well. Rather, I would say they're each doing very well. (expectations/timing is different)

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CRUSHER88

@quadknight: The same old garbage from you again. As always, your posts are heavily directed at ripping apart the Xbox. I get it, you have spent so much time trolling Xbox that your brain doesn't know how to operate without throwing a line or two about it in every post.

Your nonsense about MS and Spencer is also misdirected, considering I own all three consoles and a low end PC (until I get a new one in a year+). I wouldn't even say I am mad at you, but disappointed. Its always a shame when someone with as many posts as yourself in such a short period of time contributes so little to the console discussions. I mean at this point, it would almost be safe to assume your a bot based on the similar posts you constantly make. Whatever though. I'm sure your just spamming the same shit in another topic as I post this.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QuadKnight

@CRUSHER88 said:

@quadknight: The same old garbage from you again. As always, your posts are heavily directed at ripping apart the Xbox. I get it, you have spent so much time trolling Xbox that your brain doesn't know how to operate without throwing a line or two about it in every post.

Your nonsense about MS and Spencer is also misdirected, considering I own all three consoles and a low end PC (until I get a new one in a year+). I wouldn't even say I am mad at you, but disappointed. Its always a shame when someone with as many posts as yourself in such a short period of time contributes so little to the console discussions. I mean at this point, it would almost be safe to assume your a bot based on the similar posts you constantly make. Whatever though. I'm sure your just spamming the same shit in another topic as I post this.

Cry harder, I'm not going to change my posting style so that I don't hurt your feelings. You want discussions? Go to General Gaming.

This place is called System wars for a reason. You can't take people bashing your favorite console? Leave.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@quadknight said:
@CRUSHER88 said:

Cry harder, I'm not going to change my posting style so that I don't hurt your feelings. You want discussions? Go to General Gaming.

This place is called System wars for a reason. You can't take people bashing your favorite console? Leave.

We know you are butthurt that Sony lost the power advantage and third party games are going to look best on Xbox One X until at least fall of 2020. Halo 6 on X1X is going to destroy all including Horzion Yawn too Much. So carry on Console peasants that are not playing on the Master X. ?

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CRUSHER88

@quadknight: Just because this section is called system wars, doesn't mean people don't want legitimate discussions. This isn't called "TROLLS 4 SALT DISCUSSION BOARD", although you wouldn't know based on the shit you post.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@CRUSHER88 said:

Far too early to compare the Switch's success to the PS4. I mean, if we take the entire generation into consideration, Sony is very much still dominating. It took Nintendo's second system in the same generation (if we are even in typical generations anymore) to find success. I won't deny that the Switch has been a huge hit so far, but making such a bold comparison within one year is a little much.

EDIT: Quad, you try too hard. Xbox wasn't in the OP; Just forcing your bullshit in every topic as per usual.

Lol, yep. Quack in a nutshell. He can't get Xbox off his brain.

Anyway, I think it's too early to tell if Switch will really challenge PS4 overall... but things are looking promising.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

The PS4 is doing better but the Switch ain't doing bad either. It's doing quite well.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Nintendo has always been bolstered by it's handhelds, so I don't think this is entirely without precedent. The fact they can segway that part of the business to the console market changes the game for them. It was an incredibly smart thing to do.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@Shewgenja: "Nintendo has always been bolstered by it's handhelds"

Is the Switch a handheld?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@Shewgenja: "Nintendo has always been bolstered by it's handhelds"

Is the Switch a handheld?

It's both a handheld and a console. This isn't hard.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By QuadKnight

@xhawk27 said:
@quadknight said:
@CRUSHER88 said:

We know you are butthurt that Sony lost the power advantage and third party games are going to look best on Xbox One X until at least fall of 2020. Halo 6 on X1X is going to destroy all including Horzion Yawn too Much. So carry on Console peasants that are not playing on the Master X. ?

? Xbone is basically headed for last place and you and the butthurt clowns in this thread are sad I’m bringing this issue.

All the Tflops and yet the XboneX is selling like shit and the best looking game out there is on the weaker PS4 Pro. No dude, you are butthurt and so are your lem bros. I love how you guys are hanging out to form a support group for the Flopbone in this thread. You clowns can’t censor me and I will continue to ridicule you and the FlopBone as long as I post in SW, and as long as the MS continues to screw up this gen.

? You can’t take the heat? GTFO of System Wars. I’m tired of you lem crybabies in this forum crying every time someone mentions the Xbone is doing badly.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@CRUSHER88 said:

The perfect description of this clown.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@quadknight said:
@xhawk27 said:
@quadknight said:
@CRUSHER88 said:

? Xbone is basically headed for last place and you and the butthurt clowns in this thread are sad I’m bringing this issue.

All the Tflops and yet the XboneX is selling like shit and the best looking game out there is on the weaker PS4 Pro. No dude, you are butthurt and so are your lem bros. I love how you guys are hanging out to form a support group for the Flopbone in this thread. You clowns can’t censor me and I will continue to ridicule you and the FlopBone as long as I post in SW, and as long as the MS continues to screw up this gen.

? You can’t take the heat? GTFO of System Wars. I’m tired of you lem crybabies in this forum crying every time someone mentions the Xbone is doing badly.

Sorry dude I couldn't understand what you are saying, now back to playing the great 4k games.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By QuadKnight

@xhawk27 said:
@quadknight said:
@xhawk27 said:
@quadknight said:

Sorry dude I couldn't understand what you are saying, now back to playing the great 4k games.

? Sure you are....

"? B...bu...bu...but muh highest quality 4K Texturez!!!1"

? Absolutely REKT.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

no, the PS4 is doing well the Wii U wasn't that much successful except for the respect they managed to garner by the end of its life-cycle regardless, the 3DS did a lot better but still pales in comparison to the success of the DS, the Switch is a 9th gen system and Sony hasn't released the PS5 yet; but, 7th gen both PS3 and PSP and Wii and DS managed to do quite well between the two, but Nintendo did better

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Isn't it kinda clear Nintendo isn't doing the "gen" thing anymore?

They released WiiU 1 year before Xbone and PS4, and Switch atleast 2 years before Xbox4 and PS5. Lord knows when their next platform will come out since Switch is a hybrid.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Nintendo is doing bad and Sony is doing amazing.

Sales will drop badly soon for the switch.