IS THIS THE BEST SHOOTER of ALL TIME!!!!!!?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rican_Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rican_Havok
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts

Is Unreal Tournament the best shooter? I think so.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
my favorite would be operation Flashpoint....but I recognize that the game had many flaws when it was released so I would say either the Half Life games...or Dues Ex.
smallcaplegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 smallcaplegend
Member since 2006 • 3083 Posts
time-splitters 3 it was multiplayer madness
Rudi-Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rudi-Johnson
Member since 2007 • 1320 Posts

Shortly after me somebody will say Halo....

And i will cry...because apparently they havnt played many FPS games....

My favorite FPS game is probabbly Far Cry PC...which is completely diff from the Console versions.....

My favorite game ever though which involves shooting is Socom

GarchomPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GarchomPro
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Counter Strike 1.6
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts

Halo 3 is the true best... duh:P

Avatar image for ULTIMATEZWARRIO
ULTIMATEZWARRIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Member since 2004 • 6026 Posts
i will go with the unreal games but maybe even halo
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

time-splitters 4 it was multiplayer madnesssmallcaplegend

TIIIIIIME TO SPLIT!!!!

No really TS was really fun but not the best. IMO the best is between HL2 and UT2004. ANd I still can't understand the Halo hype even if I played the 2 games

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
I say Half Life is the best shooter.
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
between halo 1 and contra.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
time-splitters 4 it was multiplayer madnesssmallcaplegend
There have only been 3 :( TimeSplitters TimeSplitters 2 TimeSplitters Future Perfect. 4 is in very early development, no publisher. But I agree anyway.
luckystar23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 luckystar23
Member since 2006 • 780 Posts
I've enjoyed halo 2 the most. But i respect rez as most original
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Unreal pwns..
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
Halo 3 and Half-Life 2 (inlcluding Counter-Strike) are the best, Im split between the two.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

My favorite FPS game is probabbly Far Cry PC...which is completely diff from the Console versions.....

Rudi-Johnson

this is so funny due to the fact that far cry is horrible and halo is amazing.

Eurobacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eurobacca
Member since 2007 • 619 Posts

I liked the Quake Series, and Duke Nukem 3D. Now it's Halo 3 and Rainbow Six.

I never was big on UT or CS

BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
False, Halo CE
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="Rudi-Johnson"]

lespaul1919

this is so funny due to the fact that far cry is horrible and halo is amazing.

I would actually agree that Halo > Far Cry. Boy do I hate the trigents.
Concede2me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Concede2me
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts

This threadcould certainly wait a week so we could at least get a chance to play halo 3.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
i think its impossible to tell just like its impossible to tell what is exactly the best game of all time there is no such thing there are just really good games UT3,halo3both really good games and i find it hard to compare the two but hey to ach his own
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
It was for me back in the day. Now? Not so much.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#23 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
UT
Gex-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gex-
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts

Absolutely. UT is the best.

jctheprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jctheprince
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Halo 3
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kevy619

It's a toss-up between GoldenEye and Unreal Tournament.Slashkice

??? How does GoldenEye get considered to be great? It was just the first console shooter that didnt suck. Halo was the first console shooter that was AAA even by pc standards.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Rudi-Johnson

i hate when people say this because the average person who says halo is the best has played all the so called top shooters including cod, BF, UT and more so why does liking halo mean its teh only game you have played dosent it come down to opinion.

The thing is i think people cant handle that even with all those other games out there people perfer to play halo

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

Halo triligy...

Ive played all Unreal T's and they are fun at first but get repetitive and boring a few months later for me

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Best or my favorite? The best is probably PD64, for it's time.
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
LOL@People saying Halo.
effekt125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 effekt125
Member since 2004 • 107 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]It's a toss-up between GoldenEye and Unreal Tournament.kevy619

??? How does GoldenEye get considered to be great? It was just the first console shooter that didnt suck. Halo was the first console shooter that was AAA even by pc standards.

halo is garbage by pc standards, dont bother bringing it up

goldeneye was better than halo, halo is popular because its designed for people who suck,EVERYONE can get good at halo in a matter of minutes, it then becomes enjoyable.. any other company could do this same thing, the difference is, right now those company fps's are actually good

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kevy619
[QUOTE="kevy619"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]It's a toss-up between GoldenEye and Unreal Tournament.effekt125

halo is garbage by pc standards, dont bother bringing it up

goldeneye was better than halo, halo is popular because its designed for people who suck,EVERYONE can get good at halo in a matter of minutes, it then becomes enjoyable.. any other company could do this same thing, the difference is, right now those company fps's are actually good

LOL, ya that is why people like Halo. Halo is not garbage by pc standards, GoldenEye certainly is. People still play Halo for the pc, do you think anybody would have even bothered with GoldenEye on pc? Think a little bit.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kevy619
[QUOTE="kevy619"]

Slashkice

It outscored every Halo game, is a classic, and pretty much revolutionized FPS' on consoles.

It was garbage compared to the pc games of the time. Halo also outscored GoldenEye on average 97-96, check out metacritic.com.

elite_ferns1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 elite_ferns1
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
halo 3 dethroned half life 2 as my favourite shooter of all time
effekt125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 effekt125

yes, people play halo on -xbox- because its extremely easy to play, thus everyoen can enjoy it.. what didnt u understand? its an overall mediocre game compared to any pc fps

goldeneye outscored halo3 and halo1.. the halo2 rating was biased (its not actually better than halo3, the rating was soo not deserving, going off of ign numbers)

i dont remember anyone trying to compare a n64 game to a pc game, also.. goldeneye was never released on the pc, it was only on the n64.. why would it be on the pc?

Rare's 3D first-person shooter take on the lucrative James Bond 007 franchise could be described as a game that was truly worth the wait. The often- delayed title was once shrugged off as vaporware, but when it finally arrived in 1997 it delivered console gamers something that only PC owners had enjoyed previously: a remarkably fun, innovative, intuitively controlled shooter complete with pretty graphics and an outstanding multiplayer mode to boot. The title went from sleeper hit to one of Nintendo 64's biggest success stories in no time, and continued to sell throughout the console's entire lifespan. Even today, it remains a benchmark for console first-person shooters and serves as an inspiration for developers.

in 1998, cs/half life.. and unreal tournament were around, both of those are still to this day, better fps than halo.,.for its time, goldeneye had AMAZING graphics for a console, it WAS a revolutionary console shooter, halo isnt revoloutionary.. again NO ONE COMPARES PC SHOOTERS TO N64.. unlike halo, goldeneye wasnt overrated so omeone had problems embracing it, it was a fun multiplayer game.. halo on the other hand, gets more credit than its worth, thus resulting in MASSIVE amounts of haters displeased with the spotlight an AVERAGE fps receives... again, people dont compare n64 games to pc games lol.. in that same respect, anyone who has even played their share of fps (on all platforms, pc included) would know better than to even compare halo to pc shooters, i mean seriously

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kevy619
[QUOTE="kevy619"]

It was garbage compared to the pc games of the time. Halo also outscored GoldenEye on average 97-96, check out metacritic.com.

Slashkice

Hi, we're on GS, not Metacritic. To say GoldenEye was trash against the PC games of it's time while saying Halo is the BEST SHOOTER EVAR is just sad. It's a classic game; end of.

Why is that sad? Did you have fun playing GoldenEye with all of the obvious patterned spawn spots? How about the clinky controls of one single joystick? Plus i did say Halo 3 did i not? Have you played Halo 3? Did Halo 3 just not score 9.5 on a scale that only increments by .5 now?

effekt125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 effekt125
someone saying "halo" typically refers to the whole trilogy.. halo3 isnt the best shooter ever, i dont need to play it to know(the gameplay is essentially the same thing as halo2, they said it themselves), and neither is halo2, or 1 for that matter.. get over urself
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kevy619

someone saying "halo" typically refers to the whole trilogy.. halo3 isnt the best shooter ever, i dont need to play it to know(the gameplay is essentially the same thing as halo2, they said it themselves), and neither is halo2, or 1 for that matter.. get over urselfeffekt125

You just self-owned yourself there. Go away.

Let me summarize the Halo series.

Halo - incredible game all around, shows age now but still very playable and fun

Halo 2- dissapointing single player, but very fun multiplayer with nice online aspect

Halo 3- Awesome campaign with 4 player co-op, best multiplayer in series by far, arguably best music in a video-game ever, interesting gameplay modes such as forge, its basically the perfect halo game.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kevy619
[QUOTE="kevy619"]

Why is that sad? Did you have fun playing GoldenEye with all of the obvious patterned spawn spots? How about the clinky controls of one single joystick? Plus i did say Halo 3 did i not? Have you played Halo 3? Did Halo 3 just not score 9.5 on a scale that only increments by .5 now?

Slashkice

Because you seem to hold Halo 3 on some golden pedestal, untouchable by any other game. And yes, I did have fun playing GoldenEye, thanks for asking. The controls were fine; I didn't notice them, as it should have been. No, I haven't played Halo 3. It hasn't been released yet, nor is it a great enough of a game to warrant buying a 360 solely to play it. Yes, Halo 3 did score a 9.5. How much higher do you think it would have scored on the old scale?

I dont, I said Half-Life 2 was just as good imo. But again, you dont really know how good halo 3 is, you havent played it.

effekt125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 effekt125

[QUOTE="effekt125"]someone saying "halo" typically refers to the whole trilogy.. halo3 isnt the best shooter ever, i dont need to play it to know(the gameplay is essentially the same thing as halo2, they said it themselves), and neither is halo2, or 1 for that matter.. get over urselfkevy619

Halo - incredible game all around, shows age now but still very playable and fun

Halo 2- dissapointing single player, but very fun multiplayer with nice online aspect

Halo 3- Awesome campaign with 4 player co-op, best multiplayer in series by far, arguably best music in a video-game ever, interesting gameplay modes such as forge, its basically the perfect halo game.

oh please tell me how i just self-owned myself plz? because i find this funny, u are completely blinded

apparently me saying halo wasnt the best game ever was self-owning myself? or was it when i said that halo3 has essentially the same gameplay as halo2(which is 100% true, they kept with the same formular, apparently u dont klnow much because even ive heard them say that themself, but ooh halo has new physics, and weapons, it doesnt matter, its essentially the same gameplay.. like i said, adding a few new weapons/vehicles doesnt make a game go from 'average' to 'best in the world')

u mad?

Nitro720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 Nitro720
Member since 2006 • 662 Posts

Is Unreal Tournament the best shooter? I think so.

Rican_Havok

Best MP shooter.

army-of_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 army-of_one
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts

The 3 best MULTIPLAYER shooters IMO are:

1)Operation Flashpoint

2) CS:source

3)Halo 2

Number 2 is going to be replaced by Halo 3 on Tuesday

ziggy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ziggy87
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
i like gears and shadowrun
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kevy619
[QUOTE="kevy619"]

[QUOTE="effekt125"]someone saying "halo" typically refers to the whole trilogy.. halo3 isnt the best shooter ever, i dont need to play it to know(the gameplay is essentially the same thing as halo2, they said it themselves), and neither is halo2, or 1 for that matter.. get over urselfeffekt125

oh please tell me how i just self-owned myself plz? because i find this funny, u are completely blinded

apparently me saying halo wasnt the best game ever was self-owning myself? or was it when i said that halo3 has essentially the same gameplay as halo2(which is 100% true, they kept with the same formular, apparently u dont klnow much because even ive heard them say that themself, but ooh halo has new physics, and weapons, it doesnt matter, its essentially the same gameplay.. like i said, adding a few new weapons/vehicles doesnt make a game go from 'average' to 'best in the world')

are u mad?

why, because you havent played it. Jeff just got done giving Halo 2 on pc an average score, so obviously he likes Halo 3 better than Halo 2.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kevy619

1)Operation Flashpoint

3)Halo 2

army-of_one

Finally someone who actually has a half decent list, lol.

effekt125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 effekt125

u dont get it, u dont need to play it to understand that they are retaining the same gameplay(u could ask someone thats played in the beta, the gameplay isnt that much different from halo2, aside from new weapons etc)..................................................

also, i didnt even know halo2 came out for the pc, halo2 was just reviewed because no one on the pc cares for it LOL, its not hyped up on the pc because on the pc its just another game, its nothing special

pc fps have WAYYY more players than halo, they just arent hyped up with marketing like halo is, so u would never know

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

1)Operation Flashpoint

3)Halo 2

army-of_one

somebody else who loves operation flashpoint :)