Is there really any hype for Xbox Series X?

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

Not to sound like a hater but let's keep it real, Xbox One basically flopped...40M consoles compared to PS4's 110M and even the Nintendo Switch outsold it already despite coming out 3 years later. It has very few exclusive titles to speak of, at least ones that are acclaimed by critics/users. MS is yet again forced to rely on old IPs (i.e. Halo 6, Gears 5) instead of innovating, and their attempts to innovate are met with little interest and poor reception.

Then the Xbox Series X reveal and its "gameplay" demonstration hastened the end to whatever hype was left for it. Even if Halo Infinite looked polished and didn't need to be pushed back to next year, there are almost no other upcoming Xbox Series X games that people are looking forward to. Yes I know some of you will point out "Well I'm excited for this game" "I look forward to that game" I'm sure you do, but there are still very few games that have a ton of people hyped for, and not nearly as many as the dozens of PS5 titles that are already building immense hype.

I'm hardly a Playstation shill or fanboy; even compared to Nintendo, Xbox is falling behind in exclusive games and units. Even compared to its preceding Xbox 360, which I owned, Xbox One sold HALF as many units, most of which rode off the success of the 360. But since Xbox One was hardly a success, Xbox Series X has little inertia to carry it. So honestly, is there ANY real hype for the Xbox Series X? Will it sell half as many units as the Xbox One did, or about 20M in its lifespan? Seriously, you never really hear people talking about its games or release date or when they'll get to pre-order it. I've heard plenty of that for PS5 though.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

So you took my advice OP, do you see all the hype for it here, cows just can't stop talking about it, welcome to the herd LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

“I honestly think we’re in the best launch lineup position that we’ve ever been on Xbox." - Phil Spencer

“The last time we had Halo at the launch of a console was 2001. And we feel really good about Halo." - Phil Spencer

Phil and his legion of lems and xbots are super hyped such as Aaron Greenberg and major nelson.

I can't say the same for the normal gaming population though. I think 20 million sounds about right for x-series.

The best launch lineup ever on xbox!

we feel really good about halo!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Where is the PS5 price. Why they so scared.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

I think what remaining hype for non-lemmings that was left for the system(s) died with the Halo footage and all the bad news surrounding it.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Same could be said for Xbox. Why they so scared. >.>

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

Yes.

Xbox Series X has many RDNA 2 features not confirmed for PS5. Even RE8 devs say the PS5 is struggling to run at HALF the resolution of the Xbox Series X.

Once the consoles are released, once people see the performance advantages of the Xbox X, more and more people will gravitate towards it.

PS5 is not full RDNA 2. This will be very glaring in the coming years.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@Tigerman950:

Sales...Sony company executive simulator

HaH

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I feel like there was when they announced its 12tflops specs, good cpu and everyone was expecting a lot from a Halo reboot that Infinite was supposed to be. But now, now it feels like the hype is almost on the same level as the current XboneX. Nobody gives a shit. MS has derailed its hype train by 1- have nothing on launch 2- have a meme of a halo reveal which then got delayed. Self destruction was successful. Good luck selling your system, MS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@BlackShirt20 said:

Yes.

Xbox Series X has many RDNA 2 features not confirmed for PS5. Even RE8 devs say the PS5 is struggling to run at HALF the resolution of the Xbox Series X.

Once the consoles are released, once people see the performance advantages of the Xbox X, more and more people will gravitate towards it.

PS5 is not full RDNA 2. This will be very glaring in the coming years.

I thought that was a lie made up by a disgruntled resetera mod. Capcom came out and said they were having no issue with re8 on ps5 and then that user got permabanned from the site.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

I'm sure some people are hyped about getting a new Xbox and playing the new entries in Microsoft's IPs. So yeah, I guess. Less hype than the casual bro box (PlayStation) though, of course. Most people will choose that to play their FIFA and Call of Duty.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@BlackShirt20: be up to date man..

DonTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DonTheGamer
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

What really puts me off is that Halo Infinite got delayed. So I'm not sure if I'm getting Xbox Series X at launch ...

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Duplicate post, different forum heading?

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/xbox-association-1000003/is-there-really-any-hype-for-xbox-series-x-33503909/

I know cows are in panic mode over the lesser competing console - but this is ridiculous.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It's the first gen where there is nothing on either platform that really interests me but that may change if there's a couple of surprise launch games on either platform.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44063 Posts

SuperMighty XSX MonsterBox has the Bovine brigade running scared and shook to the core. lol

Good stuff. :P

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

There is no hype, only Craig memes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Xbox and PlayStation have soured me on next gen. Neither has the library to support a console launch. Which is crazy to say because launch lineups are usually lackluster. These two have lowered the bar all the way to the ground.

And now we can sift through all the hype and marketing and see the hardware for what it is. The upgrade over the Pro and X are good in some spots, but iffy in others. The CPU is an upgrade, but still a laptop CPU. The RAM capacity isn’t great and the real purpose of the ssd is to compensate for that. The GPUs, thanks to AMD, will be 2060 Super to 2070 Super levels of power instead of what was hyped. We aren’t getting native 4K/60 until the next, next gen 2027 console generation. And on the PC side, Nvidia will have like 7 cards better than that when the consoles launch. So here we are again. Promised all this crazy AMD Secret sauce and all we end up with is 5700 tech with raytracing cores slapped on.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@Miyomatic said:
@mesome713 said:

one can write off the cost. other cant.

second what am tired of is the so crazy ps5 hype. their claims of ssd blah will change on how we make games. not design or tech side. i never see this much blind stupidity. cell cpu was not even as bat sht crazy as now.

where talking on how stupid the general people are. is they think the solid state disk itself was created just for the ps5. the tech itself.... not the speed but the actual tech that is ssd. and they new thing called ray tracing..... to that over 25 years old. cant seem to figure out how where getting it with amd. seeing nvdia created ray tracing they say.... 3 years ago....

my last one is thinking game are native 4k. hell pc cant even render it in real time. video part.

dont get me started on poor hdr support atm ether.

its really funny how most have never look up the terms used for this products...

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@BlackShirt20: be up to date man..

nope he takes everything bad about the ps5 even when debunked and he still believes they are true.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Not much hype for either console, once you look past a couple of games on both there is nothing due at launch.

Will have to be an impulse buy to get an Xbox and I'm likely to get a PS5 to play some of the big releases on PS4 although I could get a PS4 Pro for that.

I think both are struggling to have a good launch experience.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Honestly? Not much from my side....still more hyped than over the ps5, but neither console has a headlining feature. Xbox had the hype of being the most powerful at a time when gamers lapped up things like "64 bit gaming" while PS2 didn't need hyping. 360 was hd gaming while PS3 hyped cell. X1 hyped kinect while PS4 had the cheaper slightly more powerful console.

PS4 pro and x1x hyped 4k.

What are we seeing from next gen? Ps5 is hyping the SSD, audio and controller...but Epic confirmed their tech demo would run equally as well if not better on xsx, audio has been proven to be superior on xsx and force feedback controllers have been around for decades.

Xsx is hyping power again, but the best we can hope for is 4k60fps which we've already seen on x1x.

I'll get an xsx because it offers me more at launch, BC and gamepass and a ps5 later down the road probably after the first price cut.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts
@firedrakes said:
@Miyomatic said:
@mesome713 said:

one can write off the cost. other cant.

second what am tired of is the so crazy ps5 hype. their claims of ssd blah will change on how we make games. not design or tech side. i never see this much blind stupidity. cell cpu was not even as bat sht crazy as now.

where talking on how stupid the general people are. is they think the solid state disk itself was created just for the ps5. the tech itself.... not the speed but the actual tech that is ssd. and they new thing called ray tracing..... to that over 25 years old. cant seem to figure out how where getting it with amd. seeing nvdia created ray tracing they say.... 3 years ago....

my last one is thinking game are native 4k. hell pc cant even render it in real time. video part.

dont get me started on poor hdr support atm ether.

its really funny how most have never look up the terms used for this products...

poor hdr now wow? all i see is tech blah blah and more tech blah blah.

you know why we are so hyped? because of the games. not the tech. yes no load times is great but the fact is we know what is coming. more great games and more great games.

do you know the reason ps4 sold 120 million? is it because of the poor hdr or as you call it poor raytracing or the weak cpu?

nope it's because of the games. games is always first.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Well it’s definitely the most talked about system around these parts. 😛

Anyway I’m really hyped for the Xbox Series X and that’s all that really matters to me.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think many in these forums don't realize that most of humanity thinks a bit differently.

Being part of different gaming communities, I can assure you that there is hype for both PS5 and XSeX. People that grew up on a specific platform often stick with that platform. Xbox as a brand is nearing 20 years old.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@ProtossRushX: The lies are real with Uncle Phil. He'll sell a dream to a homeless man and snatch that s*** away in a heartbeat. He's awful

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Moderators not locking or deleting a duplicate thread?

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@Sevenizz: Cows in panic mode? Are you alright?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I've gone back and forth but I'm unlikely to get an Xbox at launch now and will just put the money towards my new TV. Either way I will have an Xbox within the first year or two. I really hope they change their stance on games being on all consoles moving forward and it looks like they are already well on their way. I'll likely get a Series X when exclusives start dropping.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

What I do like is the seamless upgrade with the xbox platform everything carries over no problem.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I dunno. I'm getting one in all likelihood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@clone01 said:

why?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01

@ProtossRushX said:
@clone01 said:

why?

Because I enjoy gaming, and enjoy what it has to offer, bro. Don't worry, bro maybe your parents will buy you one someday, bro. Hey bro, what's your gamertag bro? we should play some COD sometime, bro, eh, bro?

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@sakaixx: PS5 doesn’t have VRS. Confirmed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

@sakaixx: PS5 doesn’t have VRS. Confirmed.

Confirmed by who?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I was until I watched their second event. I gave them a pass on the first show, but the fact they did the same thing after acknowledging the mistake was just bad. I didn't want to see a bunch of trailers for games 2-3 years away.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Lems care. No one else does

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I'm not hyped for either

Will end up getting both as usual

Just not Day 1 purchases, probably next year when both will have more games

Meanwhile will continue purchasing games for this gen

specially games for the Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@clone01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@clone01 said:

why?

Because I enjoy gaming, and enjoy what it has to offer, bro. Don't worry, bro maybe your parents will buy you one someday, bro. Hey bro, what's your gamertag bro? we should play some COD sometime, bro, eh, bro?

My xbox one is in my closet still its not hooked up. What games you getting for x-series Lem? Any microsoft games at launch coming out I should get?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clone01

@ProtossRushX said:
@clone01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@clone01 said:

why?

My xbox one is in my closet still its not hooked up. What games you getting for x-series Lem? Any microsoft games at launch coming out I should get?

Hey bro, what's your gamertag, bro? let's play some COD. I'm senor blanco.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@clone01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@clone01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@clone01 said:

why?

Hey bro, what's your gamertag, bro? let's play some COD. I'm senor blanco.

Dang you're an annoying poster.

What games are you excited for on the x-series x?

You never call out lems...ever

You always go after pc gamers and ps4 fans. Why not call out Phbz or I_P_Daily or Sevenizz or Kingtito, ducky, bluestarz some of these annoying lems? Why go after ps4 / pc guys like what is wrong with you? XB1 Sucks.

You haven't said a word about them cause you're a Lem too. Look in the mirror dude you are never neutral. If you want to be neutral start calling out the Lems too.

I'll be watching ya from here on out and will see which faction your calling out. Right here your calling out a sony PS5 fan with his xb1 in his closet.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01

@ProtossRushX said:

Dang you're an annoying poster.

What games are you excited for on the x-series x?

You never call out lems...ever

You always go after pc gamers and ps4 fans. Why not call out Phbz or I_P_Daily or Sevenizz or Kingtito, ducky, bluestarz some of these annoying lems? Why go after ps4 / pc guys like what is wrong with you? XB1 Sucks.

You haven't said a word about them cause you're a Lem too. Look in the mirror dude you are never neutral. If you want to be neutral start calling out the Lems too.

I'll be watching ya from here on out and will see which faction your calling out. Right here your calling out a sony PS5 fan with his xb1 in his closet.

Bro, I'm just asking for your gamertag so we can play some COD, Bro. I mean, your cool bro, telling people what they should and shouldn't like bro. It's also awesome how you create 5 or 6 shitty posts a day, bro.

Don't be mad, bro.