Is there any chance you would switch companys next gen at this point?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TreeMoBMoney
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

What im trying to say is, a long time X-box owner myself last gen, i loved all the games on it, but...

when this gen rolled around, the ps3 was just a sad little puppy in a box with a sign that says "free" outside of it, i took one look at that puppy and i was in love, i picked him up started to pet and cuddle him and he licked my face, it was love, oh yes, it was love.

On the car ride home he stared out the window wagging his tiny tail and panting with sheer delight, excited for this new bright, beautiful world he was about to experience. When i arrived home, my kids swarmed me, delighted by the delicious prize i held in my arms, i set him down and the puppy seemed scared at first, but eventually would grow to love the children in more ways than one.

When my wife took a look she shot me the look from the 7th circle of hell, but thats ok i thought, she'll get it later in the form of the back of my hand.

I smiled to myself, what a glorious day.

As the puppy grew up he became more and more reliable, and took a liking to the kids, but me and the puppy were best friends, i would spend hours with him and taught him to even do a few tricks like how to sit, stay, bite my wifes "friends" while i was at work, and do a barrel roll.

Hes a full grown dog now, and the best dog ive ever had, hes the thing that makes me happiest in this life.

Thanks ps3, i look forward to a lengthy relationship just you and my empty scarred soul.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts
I went from the PS2 being my main system to the 360. Though I did have an Xbox, I barely played it, and is the same situation now with the PS3.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
theres no need to switch since id want all of them
rhaigun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 rhaigun
Member since 2005 • 3019 Posts
I switched this gen. I had a 360 to start with. I was about as much of a lemming as you could get. After three RRODs though, it was everything I could do not not to smash my replacement. However, when I got my fourth 360 I took it to Gamestop and traded it towars a PS3. Now, a year later I have since upgraded to a PS3 Slim and couldn't be happier.
RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
If Nintendo delivers next gen then I'll consider making the switch from Sony but, if not, I'm Sony exclusive :)
TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TreeMoBMoney
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]I went from the PS2 being my main system to the 360. Though I did have an Xbox, I barely played it, and is the same situation now with the PS3.

I think im just a sucker for the underdog.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

Yes, there is always a chance that the company makes a big mistake.

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

I went from Gamecube/PS2 to Wii/PS3, having previously owned a SNES and then a PS1. I've owned many iterations of the Gameboy as well as the DS and the PSP

signs point to no, but considering i almost bought a 360 instead of a ps3, there's always a chance

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#9 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

In terms of consoles, i would probably stick with xbox, since my PS3 gets little play, except for demon's souls and a few killzone 2 matches.

But PC will always be my primary platform.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

im being honest i had an Xbox and a PS2 last gen loved my Xbox to bits and what made me decide on a PS3 was the online being free, and i remembered how quickly MS dropped support and games dried up.

It actaully annoyed me to no end there was still new games coming out for PS2, but MS couldnt throw a few games to the Xbox whatever happened to MS's great support to systems and OS's? i mean Win98 was supported for a very long time why could they have not helped the original Xbox owners.To ne honest that made me really jump ship to being a PS3 only owner as still even though the 360 is extremely successful i dunno why i could just see MS doing it again.

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
I always buy all the consoles. Though i do have favourites, i want from PS2 being my favourite last gen to 360 being my favourite this gen. Who knows next gen.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Go where the games are.

I'm not some blind loyalist.

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RedruM_I

im being honest i had an Xbox and a PS2 last gen loved my Xbox to bits and what made me decide on a PS3 was the online being free, and i remembered how quickly MS dropped support and games dried up.

It actaully annoyed me to no end there was still new games coming out for PS2, but MS couldnt throw a few games to the Xbox whatever happened to MS's great support to systems and OS's? i mean Win98 was supported for a very long time why could they have not helped the original Xbox owners.To ne honest that made me really jump ship to being a PS3 only owner as still even though the 360 is extremely successful i dunno why i could just see MS doing it again.

razgriz_101
MS quickly drops support from their products if they are not succesful enough. With Windows ME was like that, expect them dropping Vista support soon too.
TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TreeMoBMoney

Go where the games are.

treedoor
lol wut? Neither am i. Just because i buy an ipod, and will never buy a zune because i like ipods better, doesnt mean im a blind loyalist. Plus i dont have the money to support a 2 console habit, so i picked the one i thought was best.
TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TreeMoBMoney

Go where the games are.

treedoor
lol wut? Neither am i. Just because i buy an ipod, and will never buy a zune because i like ipods better, doesnt mean im a blind loyalist. Plus i dont have the money to support a 2 console habit, so i picked the one i thought was best.
playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

razgriz_101

+1

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Been With Sony Since PS1,I Don't Think I'll Switch...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Well see the point is to play games, not have some allegiance to a game company. Go where the games are, you will find yourself much happier.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

I don't know. PS2 was my little baby. So many great games. I was dead set on getting a PS3 until the price was revealed and so many former playstation titles went multiplat. Right now I have a 360 and I will be getting a PS3 one day.

TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TreeMoBMoney

Yes, there is always a chance that the company makes a big mistake.

Burning-Sludge
Mistakes? Mistakes were not made this gen, i can only go up from here.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Dunno. All the last generations I only bought Nintendo consoles and yes, this gen I bought first a Wii but it got boring and now I own a ps3. Doubt I will change those 2.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Well see the point is to play games, not have some allegiance to a game company. Go where the games are, you will find yourself much happier.

Wasdie

This^

PS2 was awesome. When PS3 launched I decided not to pay $650.00 to play Resistance and then wait like 2 years for it to start doing well. I'll stick to Wii60 thank you.

Next gen I'll just have to wait and see.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Had all last gen, but Gamecube for most of it, got a Wii and 360 at the moment, will considering getting two consoles next gen if one stands out like the Wii does this gen.
TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TreeMoBMoney

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

bobcheeseball

This^

PS2 was awesome. When PS3 launched I decided not to pay $650.00 to play Resistance and then wait like 2 years for it to start doing well. I'll stick to Wii60 thank you.

Maybe that, but, most of the people on this board, dont have that mentality. Not everyone has the money to "go where the games are"
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]I went from the PS2 being my main system to the 360. Though I did have an Xbox, I barely played it, and is the same situation now with the PS3. TreeMoBMoney

So you pick inferior things because they're doing badly?

What? How is that good?

That means you also backed the Ford Pinto, AMC Pacer, New Coke......

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

TreeMoBMoney

This^

Maybe that, but, most of the people on this board, dont have that mentality. Not everyone has the money to "go where the games are"

Well all people on here can afford a console and usually there is a console that has the advantage in quantity of games or is tied with another. Dishing out $300 for the 360 Elite/PS3 Slim isnt so bad.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
well i've been a loyal fan and owner of the PS1, PS2 and PS3 ( bought all 3 systems day one, might i add) , so no i will not switch sides when the next gen comes around.. im not a trader
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jaysonguy

Not everyone has the money to "go where the games are"TreeMoBMoney

Then they need to rethink their hobby

If someone is unable to experience your hobby with flexibility then maybe it's time to choose a new hobby

Gaming costs money to be pumped into it regularly

TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TreeMoBMoney

[QUOTE="TreeMoBMoney"][QUOTE="Blixxed"]I went from the PS2 being my main system to the 360. Though I did have an Xbox, I barely played it, and is the same situation now with the PS3. Jaysonguy

What? How is that good?

is the ps3 that inferior in the first place? Missed the point.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

ill never change because i always will stick to nintendo and after i have their console i get the other companies' console.

TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TreeMoBMoney

[QUOTE="TreeMoBMoney"]Not everyone has the money to "go where the games are"Jaysonguy

If someone is unable to experience your hobby with flexibility then maybe it's time to choose a new hobby

You're very aggressive arent you? The term hobby should be used lightly, because if you like to build model helicopters doesnt mean you should rethink your hobby because you dont build model cars. Gaming is an expensive hobby for the middle class.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="TreeMoBMoney"] I think im just a sucker for the underdog.TreeMoBMoney

What? How is that good?

As a single console? Yes

I mean it's a great third console that serves as a movie player that can play some games but that's about it.

The idea that someone how you like the underdog is nice but Sony is the underdog that did everything to itself this gen. It's the underdog that has made every single mistake in the book.

That doesn't sound endearing to me

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="TreeMoBMoney"]Not everyone has the money to "go where the games are"TreeMoBMoney

You're very aggressive arent you? The term hobby should be used lightly, because if you like to build model helicopters doesnt mean you should rethink your hobby because you dont build model cars. Gaming is an expensive hobby for the middle class.

No, it's not like that

If your hobby is building model helicopters and your situation in life only allows you ONE model helicopter then making model helicopters isn't for you.

A person needs to understand their means and then find a hobby that fits within those means

TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TreeMoBMoney

[QUOTE="TreeMoBMoney"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

What? How is that good?

Jaysonguy

As a single console? Yes

I mean it's a great third console that serves as a movie player that can play some games but that's about it.

The idea that someone how you like the underdog is nice but Sony is the underdog that did everything to itself this gen. It's the underdog that has made every single mistake in the book.

Its endearing the millions of "suckers" who bought into the movie playin box that plays some games and the developers who developed some of the most fabulous games this gen for the movie playin game box. Do you hear yourself? ps3 is a more than worthy opponent for the console wars. just my opinion of coarse :)
RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RedruM_I

Jaysonguy

No, it's not like that

If your hobby is building model helicopters and your situation in life only allows you ONE model helicopter then making model helicopters isn't for you.

A person needs to understand their means and then find a hobby that fits within those means

Ok, I recently used this pic in another thread, but there has been a while since I've seen a post so deserving of it so here it goes again.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I've had a playstation as my main console since PS1. So I'll probably stick with the PS4.

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kidcool189

Jaysonguy

No, it's not like that

being able to only have one console sure as hell provides a lot more content within a hobby than one model helicopter...
Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

Last gen I gust got married, and finished college so I got all 3, THis Gen I have a kid so I could not get all 3.

IN additon I do not see a huge jump in Game mechanics. All the games i have played play like Xbox games with better graphics, and more people on at one time. PS3 looked good but it did not have enough games. MGS4 is a great game but I was not going to spend $400.00 on a few games.

SO I really never had any loyality to any 1 company. This gen PS3 looks like its going to shape up to be the better console. If they announced that PS4 will not ship out untill 2015 then I would pick one up next year when I see how their Motion control turnes out, and how VR-3D controller, and 3D TV turnes out.

Next gen I will see after a year if it is worth it to wait or get a console. I have enough games from last gen to keep me busy for years. I do not have the time available like I use to. I now have about 10- 20 hours a week to play games.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="TreeMoBMoney"]Not everyone has the money to "go where the games are"TreeMoBMoney

I don't understand the model whatever analogy. He's saying if you don't have the money, maybe you should rethink your hobby (which is a dumb to say). Then you respond with " if you like to build model helicopters doesnt mean you should rethink your hobby because you dont build model cars." ... completely irrelevant and it has nothing to do with anything. Sometimes complex thoughts are confusing, try sticking to simplerones.

TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TreeMoBMoney

Jaysonguy

No, it's not like that

people dont need to do anything. What if someone is just likes gaming a lot...but cant afford to fund another console?
Deiuos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Deiuos
Member since 2005 • 1402 Posts

I would if Microsoft lost Halo, and stopped having (IMO) the better games.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

What? How is that good?

Jaysonguy

As a single console? Yes

Its a better main console than the other two for me. I've had all three and they weren't good enough to keep around IMO

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="TreeMoBMoney"] You're very aggressive arent you? The term hobby should be used lightly, because if you like to build model helicopters doesnt mean you should rethink your hobby because you dont build model cars. Gaming is an expensive hobby for the middle class. kidcool189

No, it's not like that

being able to only have one console sure as hell provides a lot more content within a hobby than one model helicopter...

That's exactly right

In that case someone is going to look at content more then ever compared to the company behind it

If someone is only getting one console (or handheld) then they don't care about the name, they care about it's ability to play games and have games on a regular basis for it

TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TreeMoBMoney

WINDWAKER1

I don't understand the model whatever analogy. He's saying if you don't have the money, maybe you should rethink your hobby (which is a dumb to say). Then you respond with " if you like to build model helicopters doesnt mean you should rethink your hobby because you dont build model cars." ... completely irrelevant and it has nothing to do with anything. Sometimes complex thoughts are confusing, try sticking to simplerones.

Its a metaphor, whats not there to get? It made sense in my head :( I could get into it, but i would sound crazy.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="TreeMoBMoney"] You're very aggressive arent you? The term hobby should be used lightly, because if you like to build model helicopters doesnt mean you should rethink your hobby because you dont build model cars. Gaming is an expensive hobby for the middle class. TreeMoBMoney

No, it's not like that

people dont need to do anything. What if someone is just likes gaming a lot...but cant afford to fund another console?

Then they're not looking at the name of the console at all, all they care about is how often they get content with whatever platform they choose

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kidcool189

[QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No, it's not like that

Jaysonguy

That's exactly right

In that case someone is going to look at content more then ever compared to the company behind it

If someone is only getting one console (or handheld) then they don't care about the name, they care about it's ability to play games and have games on a regular basis for it

and that means you're not allowed to consider gaming to be your hobby?
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
I was a Gamecube guy last gen and this gen I switched to the Xbox 360 because the Wii is horrible (imo) and the xbox 360 is better all round! So probably i will stick to MS next gen
TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TreeMoBMoney

[QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No, it's not like that

Jaysonguy

That's exactly right

A companys history might have something to do with it also? I most certainly would care if it were my hobby :)
TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TreeMoBMoney
I was a Gamecube guy last gen and this gen I switched to the Xbox 360 because the Wii is horrible (imo) and the xbox 360 is better all round! So probably i will stick to MS next gen93soccer
You prove my point exactly, if a company is good to you, what reason do you have not to stay with them? Right on.