Is there a media bias against the Xbox one?

• 59 results
Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

It seems whenever MS announces something or releases a new game there's always an angry mob with pitchforks ready, MS has been great at improving the X1 after the initiative fuckup in 2013 so I don't quite understand the hatred towards MS. Can anyone explain?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

It seems whenever MS announces something or releases a new game there's always an angry mob with pitchforks ready, MS has been great at improving the X1 after the initiative fuckup in 2013 so I don't quite understand the hatred towards MS. Can anyone explain?

Loading Video...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

No. Relax.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Yes and also the moon landing was fake.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Those pitchfork salesmen are racking in money.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

Gamers haven't forgiven MS on the whole Xbox One reveal back in 2013, MS cannot get enough or actually secure Xbox One exclusive games cause PS4 as of now has way more exclusive games, Xbox One price was too damn high at launch then PS4 and force Kinect into everyone's throat from the start which nobody ask for. MS waited to damn long to lower the damn price of a weakest console. Too many Halos/Gears of War/Forza is cause everyone to be piss off at MS. And finally, MS is moving towards supporting windows 10 as they aren't even trying with there own console that is the Xbox One.

I'm sorry but MS isn't even trying this gen and last-gen, they had it all until, they throw it away over some stupid medias.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

@davillain- said:

Gamers haven't forgiven MS on the whole Xbox One reveal back in 2013, MS cannot get enough or actually secure Xbox One exclusive games cause PS4 as of now has way more exclusive games, Xbox One price was too damn high at launch then PS4 and force Kinect into everyone's throat from the start which nobody ask for. MS waited to damn long to lower the damn price of a weakest console. Too many Halos/Gears of War/Forza is cause everyone to be piss off at MS. And finally, MS is moving towards supporting windows 10 as they aren't even trying with there own console that is the Xbox One.

I'm sorry but MS isn't even trying this gen and last-gen, they had it all until, they throw it away over some stupid medias.

It is not like Sony is trying either. Their first party PS4 lineup is almost as bad as their PS1 lineup. They have relied heavily on third party support and having the more powerful hardware and better consumer sentiment. This generation has been a bust so far when it comes to first party games.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@davillain- said:

Did you bother to read? He said media bias, not gamer.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

They don't like consoles without exclusives.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ant_17

@Legend002 said:

Who? The media or MS? I can't tell anymore.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legend002

@Ant_17 said:
@Legend002 said:

Why would it be MS? They are the one that are giving exclusives away left and right,

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Nope. If the media likes a feature or software they'll say so, just as much as if they dont

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator

@BassMan said:
@davillain- said:

It is not like Sony is trying either. Their first party PS4 lineup is almost as bad as their PS1 lineup. They have relied heavily on third party support and having the more powerful hardware and better consumer sentiment. This generation has been a bust so far when it comes to first party games.

This gen is aging faster, way more so then it was for last-gen. Both Sony/MS underestimate there own consoles and it's showing why both wanted to upgrade there consoles.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ant_17

@Legend002 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@Legend002 said:

Why would it be MS? They are the one that are giving exclusives away left and right,

Oops, missread the "without", sorry.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Christ... just when you think this place can't get any worse along comes a Salt The Fries alt. We've just outed NyadDC's pathetic new alt now we have to put up with this clown. Mods, do your job.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

@blueinheaven: dude I've had this account since 2013 lol, and I'm a Sony fan

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50594 Posts

No

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@Legend002 said:

And you honestly don't thing that MS shouldn't be sharing there games to PC?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

Christ... just when you think this place can't get any worse along comes a Salt The Fries alt. We've just outed NyadDC's pathetic new alt now we have to put up with this clown. Mods, do your job.

What are you talking about? No one "outed" me...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Why should they give favorable coverage to a product the market is clearly hostile to? By the end of this year, if it doesn't start moving millions of consoles by some miracle, it will be tracking worse than the original XBox.

It's far riskier to tank your site or news organization trying to spit shine this turd than it is to let it ride.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

There is no media bias, only fanboys

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

It's not that they're biased it's that you're a fanboy.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Legend002

@davillain- said:
@Legend002 said:

And you honestly don't thing that MS shouldn't be sharing there games to PC?

Did I implied that?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shewgenja

Like I said at the very beginning of this generation, Microsoft could bend over backwards to re-wrap the Xbone and give it a shiny new box. They could bathe it in new marketing materials and give all the softball sales pitch interviews with senior leadership in the world.

It will not undo the fact that it is a weak console tethered at its very foundation to a bad design philosophy and they can't just wave a magic wand and make people forget how they tried to use the gaming press as it's personal bitch by making no mention of their original intent with the DRM at their own reveal event.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dynamitecop

@Shewgenja said:

Like I said at the very beginning of this generation, Microsoft could bend over to re-wrap the Xbone and give it a shiny new box. They could bathe it in new marketing materials and give all the softball sales pitch interviews with senior leadership in the world.

It will not undo the fact that it is a weak console tethered at its very foundation to a bad design philosophy and they can't just wave a magic wand and make people forget how they tried to use the gaming press as it's personal bitch by making no mention of their original intent with the DRM at their own reveal event.

I don't want to say it has a "media bias", but what I will say is the stigma from all of that is still intact and it's still directly affecting it in every capacity.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator

@Legend002: No sir, just wanted to see what you think it's the right thing to share there games or not.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Legend002

@davillain- said:

@Legend002: No sir, just wanted to see what you think it's the right thing to share there games or not.

For the sake of lems and the Xbox brand, no; they should not. Otherwise, sure.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blueinheaven

@dynamitecop said:
@blueinheaven said:

I did, and everyone else joined in when they realised who you were. You didn't announce it (you didn't have to it was so obvious) you were outed. MS-worshipping troll revealed on first sighting.

You'll have to try harder with your next one.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shewgenja

@dynamitecop said:
@Shewgenja said:

Like I said at the very beginning of this generation, Microsoft could bend over to re-wrap the Xbone and give it a shiny new box. They could bathe it in new marketing materials and give all the softball sales pitch interviews with senior leadership in the world.

I don't want to say it has a "media bias", but what I will say is the stigma from all of that is still intact and it's still directly affecting it in every capacity.

I will definitely say it has a media bias and I do not like the thing. Compare Halo 3s launch to Halo 5 and it becomes obvious.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator

@Legend002: Fair enough.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dynamitecop

@blueinheaven said:
@dynamitecop said:
@blueinheaven said:

I did, and everyone else joined in when they realised who you were. You didn't announce it (you didn't have to it was so obvious) you were outed. MS-worshipping troll revealed on first sighting.

Yeah, that's not correct at all, I was having a conversation with you and Legend I believe and posted my Steam account and PC specifications 'outing' myself, so you might want to work out your Alzheimer's.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dynamitecop

@Shewgenja said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Shewgenja said:

I will definitely say it has a media bias and I do not like the thing. Compare Halo 3s launch to Halo 5 and it becomes obvious.

Fair enough.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22783 Posts

Media... Hee hee, I see what you did there.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blueinheaven

@dynamitecop said:
@blueinheaven said:
@dynamitecop said:
@blueinheaven said:

Yeah, that's not correct at all, I was having a conversation with you and Legend I believe and posted my Steam account and PC specifications 'outing' myself, so you might want to work out your Alzheimer's.

The thread you were outed in had no mention of your imaginary Steam account or your PC which you never, EVER play games on it was a different subject and I pointed out who you were immediately, Lostrib (who gives not a flying f*** about your pretend PC gaming existence) spotted it immediately also.

Outed, weirdo.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#35 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Shewgenja said:

Not really, it just means there are more cows

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dynamitecop

@blueinheaven said:
@dynamitecop said:
@blueinheaven said:
@dynamitecop said:
@blueinheaven said:

The thread you were outed in had no mention of your imaginary Steam account or your PC which you never, EVER play games on it was a different subject and I pointed out who you were immediately, Lostrib (who gives not a flying f*** about your pretend PC gaming existence) spotted it immediately also.

Outed, weirdo.

You're smart.

@dynamitecop said:
@blueinheaven said:

Hilarious. You tear the PS4 apart the whole time while bigging up one of the worst consoles ever (Xbox One) even to the point you ask if anyone should play the truly shitty version of QB on Xbox One over playing a vastly superior version on a high end PC. You bleat on endlessly about how amazing the PC is but never ever talk about PC games (i.e. you don't play them) then when it comes to the crunch you choose a piece of junk console over your alleged expensive PC because at the end of the day you're an Xbox Fanboy and apologist first and foremost over all things not a gamer of any description.

Let's face it you're a complete tool.

I don't "tear the PS4 apart", I tear apart the unrealistic values, absurd hype and notoriety surrounding it, people drum that thing up to such unrealistic levels, they need to be grounded, it's as simple as that.

"Vastly superior version"

First and foremost I am a PC gamer through and through, it is the platform I have gamed on the longest and the one I will defend most staunchly. Here's the thing though, what do I need to defend the PC from? There's nothing even remotely close to an impending threat so I don't need to go buck wild defending it, consoles in general are junk in comparison. The only thing the PC needs defense from is shitty game output, poor development decisions such as what is going on with this game.

I can't make use of one of my $550 GPU's because of no exclusive fullscreen, I can't make use of the features of my $700 monitor because of no exclusive fullscreen, I won't have precision from my $70 mouse because vsync is forced due to no exclusive fullscreen... Am I painting you a clear enough picture here? $1,320 of my hardware has been gimped simply because of UWP implementation, so of course I'm pissed off...

You think that's not going to affect me playing and enjoying this game? Say I get 35 FPS average, the thought will be in my head the entire time that I could be getting 60+ with Crossfire but can't, not because of some hardware limitation, because of a limitation in the platform the game is on. Sure I may get a higher framerate and will be able to play at a higher resolution, but at what cost? Not to mention what is the point in having a high precision input device like a gaming mouse if it's completely contradicted by vsync?

That's the point you don't seem to understand in your complete arrogance and ignorance, what version of the game would I be more unhappy playing? The version I was expecting to play on console with an output I was expecting, that even though 'inferior' was expected since 2013, or a PC version that got announced a month ago that under-delivers on multiple fronts and makes me upset because of how many things I have to sacrifice? This isn't hard to understand, but you're such a damn baby brain you can't see the logic in this...

Oh yeah, look at me, I don't play any games on PC, I don't own a gaming PC... Get out of here you trollish pleb, you're the only one here I'd call into question...

CPU-Z

GPU-Z

Steam

Anything else rocket scientist or are we done here?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#37 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

There might be, but I'm cool with it. There has been absolutely nothing that makes me want to buy a One. PS4 isn't much better, but that at least has a touch more variety in exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Is there a media bias against the XB1 hmmmm, first you must ask yourself this, does a bear shit in the woods?

The review of Dirt rally is a just 1 example of Gamespot's bias. They praised the PS4 version up against the PC, with it being 1080p 60fps, but yet never even mentioning the game even existed on the XB1 or that it runs at 1080p 60fps.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

"Teh bias!!!11"

The new lem excuse for when Xbone gets mediocre games.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@quadknight said:

"Teh bias!!!11"

After 15 years of the Xbox brand having mediocre games you would think lems would finally realize M$ just sucks at making games.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@quadknight said:

"Teh bias!!!11"

The lems new battle cry. They hate us!

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I recall a thread not too different from this not long ago lmao

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I'll just say this if you don't own a gaming PC, the X1 is a better console than the PS4.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#44 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I remember when cows would cry about perceived media bias. No, your favorite inanimate object isn't being conspired against.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:
@quadknight said:

"Teh bias!!!11"

The lems new battle cry. They hate us!

Its easy to hurt what's in 1st place.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

Yes, they are biased.

Who could hate the Xboner when it got Rare Replay?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shewgenja

@aigis said:
@Shewgenja said:
@dynamitecop said:

Not really, it just means there are more cows

Honestly, I wonder if MS is spending as much on marketing the XBone as they did the 360. Last gen, you couldn't turn on TV for an hour or two without seeing a direct 360 commercial or a game with the 360 splash after it (multiplat or exclusive). We all know that the media chases advertising dollars. I just figured that MS is in hibernation mode. Their game release cycle, so far, has been utterly shit as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Speaking as somebody looking at a career in media, I always find it funny that anybody thinks we as a collective are together enough to conspire against anything, and that's actual media. Games "journalism" is even more uncoordinated.

Xdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xdrone
Member since 2003 • 100 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

Absolutely. The media has been one big group of Sony ballwashers ever since the PS4 was announced. Of course they can't give the Xbone One a fair break ...