Is the Nintendo Switch hype train dead for now?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

They don't have much coming out from what ive seen. Like They've got Megaman Zero which is like the only good thing they have coming out soon and thats not much.

I'm not an animal crossing fan I hate brain age! So wheres the third party stuff and good nintendo stuff at?

All there good games came out already. Breath of wild 2 is just more of the same, they shoulda done something different imo. I'm just not hyped right now for the switch. 3rd party is gone Nintendo stuff is looking dry.

Folks if im wrong list some games ffs. I don't see them coming. This is sad I was really hyped for this system I still have a lot of games to pickup that already came out but NEW stuff is just not there anymore.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Can think of a few games coming out later in the year and some ports that will be fun to play on the go. Animal Crossing is the only game I’m looking forward to early in the year, which I’m fine with. Still have a few games I need to buy.

Nintendo usually blows their load in the second half of the year.

Switch has been my favorite system to play over PC & PS4. If you need tons of new games to play all the time then I suggest owning more than one system. Good luck with the backlog.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

From you're very own sig: Switch is the best by far not even ps4 or pc can compete with it, so many games just oceans of games - 99% Switch Gamer

So let me get this straight, a 99% Switch gamer is complaining about this? A true Switch owner should know better now. Did I get this right?

Also, Animal Crossing: New Horizon is the most anticipated Switch game which by the way is getting hype. And I'm super hype for that game. You aren't a true Switch fan if you are dissing Animal Crossing like that.

When it comes to Nintendo consoles/handheld, there's always going to be a slowdown but that's to be expected from an Nintendo console. Granted, you have lots of other gaming system to play, never ever relied on Nintendo to keep you satisfied until that exclusive game is release.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Where my Metroid Prime Trilogy Remake at?

Can't wait to play those games with modern controls.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#5 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Flip flopped again I see. You back to being a cow, a hermit, or a lemming?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I love it and it's what I play on most of the time, so not for me personally.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@svaubel: Total Hermit with some cow for ff7r ill still play my switch but now im not hyping it anymore unless they get some new games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

@svaubel: Total Hermit with some cow for ff7r ill still play my switch but now im not hyping it anymore unless they get some new games.

Yeah, you flip-flop alright. Keep this shit up and we won't take you seriously if ever lol.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Well so much for

"so many games just oceans of games"

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

...aaaaand he's flopping back onto the hype train for something else.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

It's hilarious, because nobody takes you seriously, TC. Straight up, you flip-flop on a daily basis.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Lol Go home tc, you’re drunk. Lol

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

They don't have much coming out from what ive seen. Like They've got Megaman Zero which is like the only good thing they have coming out soon and thats not much.

I'm not an animal crossing fan I hate brain age! So wheres the third party stuff and good nintendo stuff at?

All there good games came out already. Breath of wild 2 is just more of the same, they shoulda done something different imo. I'm just not hyped right now for the switch. 3rd party is gone Nintendo stuff is looking dry.

Folks if im wrong list some games ffs. I don't see them coming. This is sad I was really hyped for this system I still have a lot of games to pickup that already came out but NEW stuff is just not there anymore.

Weren't you just saying like a couple weeks ago how the Switch is the only console living up to expectations and surpassing them and was the only console that is doing anything noteworthy?

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Protoss Nintendo hate threads incoming...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@WitIsWisdom: I think this it's his 4th switch (not the system) this gen, iirc

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44171 Posts

No. Just because you may not be interested in some of the games coming out for it such as Animal Crossing and Breath of the Wild 2 in no way means that others aren’t. Those are both huge games for Nintendo and the Switch with many people eager to play them. There’s also Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, and Doom Eternal just to name a few. There’s plenty coming out on the Switch and it’s doing just fine.

AJuiceMatts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 AJuiceMatts
Member since 2019 • 88 Posts

let's see....

Animal crossing, Bayo 3, No more Heroes 3, Pokemon DLC, Persona 5S, Xenoblade remake....all that is coming 2020 and we haven't even had the first Direct this year. Lol

PLENTY is coming, give it a bit son. It's January.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#18 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

That's a mixed metaphor. A train can't die.

You should have said "run out of steam".

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Switch momentum is definitely not dead.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Being interested in Animal Crossing aside, I'm not hyped. They can hype me up again by showing me some Metroid Prime 4 stuff probably. What would really hype me up though would be some news about their beloved IPs, like Pikmin, Paper Mario or F-Zero. But hoping for a Switch entry in any of those franchises feels futile, sadly.

Just for fun, here's a list I made of amazing games of the GameCube's first three years. Compare it to my list of amazing games of the Switch's first three years, and you'll notice the Switch selection is fucking horrible in comparison. Nintendo needs to use their goddamn IPs.

GC (2001-2004)
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Smash Bros Melee
Zelda: Wind Waker
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Viewtiful Joe
SSX 3
Eternal Darkness
TimeSplitters 2
F-Zero GX
Soul Calibur 2
Starfox Adventures
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Tales of Symphonia

Switch (2017-2020)
Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Smash Bros. Ultimate
Mario Maker 2
Luigi's Mansion 3
Splatoon 2
Astral Chain?

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

@Litchie: little games like Pokemon Sword and Shield should probably be on that list.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I'm still hopefull of a metroid prime collection. Animal crossing will sell relatively well as it's been a while since a proper version. There has to be more announced at a direct at some point this year. The switch pro rumours have failed to go away.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Litchie  Online

@sonny2dap said:

@Litchie: little games like Pokemon Sword and Shield should probably be on that list.

Meh.

1. S&S seems like one of the worst Pokémon games.
2. That addition would still make my Switch list look like shit compared to GameCube's.
3. GameCube had beloved Pokémon games that I didn't list.

GameCube library was orgasm, and the console sold like shit. Switch library is lamesauce compared and console sells like hotcakes. Litchie is sad.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts

Doesn't look like it'll be slowing down anytime soon. Just because there's nothing "big" coming for the immediate future, doesn't mean that Switch can't prosper on what it already has.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Litchie: um, that's a random list. Why not add Mario Kart, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Civilization 6, the Black Isle RPG collection, Dragon Quest XIS, Divinity Original Sin 2, the Bayonetta series, Mario + Rabbids, Rayman, Fire Emblem, Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Doom, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Crash Team Racing, etc - nevermind great indies like Ori and Cuphead and Into the Breach and West of Loathing and Superhot, and Undertale,... etc

The Switch has a f*cking awesome library and it looks to me like you kind of just... listed a few big games you know about?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Litchie  Online

@xantufrog said:

@Litchie: um, that's a random list. Why not add Mario Kart, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Civilization 6, the Black Isle RPG collection, Dragon Quest XIS, Divinity Original Sin 2, the Bayonetta series, Mario + Rabbids, Rayman, Fire Emblem, Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Doom, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Crash Team Racing, etc - nevermind great indies like Ori and Cuphead and Into the Breach and West of Loathing and Superhot, and Undertale,... etc

The Switch has a f*cking awesome library and it looks to me like you kind of just... listed a few big games you know about?

Mario Kart and Bayo are ports. I tried to list no ports.

Valkyria Chronicles 4? Good call. Haven't played it though, so can't list it.

Dragon Ball FighterZ? Another good call. It's definitely no Soul Calibur 2 or Smash Melee though.

Mario+Rabbids? Didn't find it good enough to list. Just like ARMS, or Link's Awakening.

Civilization 6, Divinity, Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat, DOOM, Dragon Quest Builders 2.. Yeah, those are great if you're content with playing the worst versions available. They do not belong in my Switch list. Just like how I wouldn't put a good game with a bad GC version on the GC list.

Black Isle collection? Yeah, super old PC games better on PC is not making the list.

Dragon Quest XI S? Pretty meh game. Xenoblade 2? Looks like it sucks. And GC has the superior Skies of Arcadia, or Tales of Symphonia if you want JRPGs.

Crash Team Racing? I don't know how it is on the Switch, but worse than all other versions is my guess.

I obviously ignored indie games. Yes, there's lots of great indie games on the Switch. I left them out, since those games are available on all platforms known to mankind, and I was focusing on AAA. It would be weird if they weren't on Switch as opposed to great that they are. And again, more than often the Switch version of these is the worst version available.

I'm not calling the Switch library crap. I'm calling it crap compared to GameCube's, AAA wise.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Why do we get these kinds of threads right after the holidays? Nintendo just finished having a solid holiday lineup, and here we are in January asking if the Switch is losing steam.

Nintendo has not even delivered their first official Direct of the year yet, and by then we should have a clear image of what kind of lineup 2020 will bring.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@jaydan: Trolling