Is the 360 on it's way out ??

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

I just sold my 360 as I see no major must haves comming and all 3rd paty games will be comming to the ps3. Really I just didnt see the point in paying for live when psn is free ??

Also I still have my pc and ps3 for gaming so the 360 was just taking up space. Did I jump the gun??

Even the hardcore gamers on my buddy list are jumping on the ps3 band wagon (on live). Sure the ps3 could use another update to psn to make voice chat (no biggie) and cross game invites (I loved that) standard but beyond that it's fine. I really don't see how the 360 can compete at virtually the same price with alot less features.

I really enjoyed the 360 but ms seemed to fall asleep and sold off all the devs, the hd-dvd is dead and most of the games I like are on pc (or will be). I might get a wii if the price drops and more games come out. My 360 reminds me of my dreamcast great games but just fell off slowly. Guess I will miss the guys on live but that is about it, ms had it made but seems nintendo and sony will be the winners this gen imo.

Can the 360 come back or will ms just pack it in ??

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
MS is just going to quit. I mean, why would they continue? Its utterly hopeless for them, since no one owns a 360 and they haven't sold any in a long time.
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
MS is just going to quit. I mean, why would they continue? Its utterly hopeless for them, since no one owns a 360 and they haven't sold any in a long time.SpruceCaboose
I know, WHERE ARE THE GAMES MICROSOFT!???! get a clue! There is no way their ever going to survive. I'd give them another 17 years before their out of the race entirely.
UnrealSin_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UnrealSin_X
Member since 2008 • 925 Posts
MS is just going to quit. I mean, why would they continue? Its utterly hopeless for them, since no one owns a 360 and they haven't sold any in a long time.SpruceCaboose

Sarcasm?
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts

I just sold my 360 as I see no major must haves comming and all 3rd paty games will be comming to the ps3. Really I just didnt see the point in paying for live when psn is free ??

Also I still have my pc and ps3 for gaming so the 360 was just taking up space. Did I jump the gun??

Even the hardcore gamers on my buddy list are jumping on the ps3 band wagon (on live). Sure the ps3 could use another update to psn to make voice chat (no biggie) and cross game invites (I loved that) standard but beyond that it's fine. I really don't see how the 360 can compete at virtually the same price with alot less features.

I really enjoyed the 360 but ms seemed to fall asleep and sold off all the devs, the hd-dvd is dead and most of the games I like are on pc (or will be). I might get a wii if the price drops and more games come out. My 360 reminds me of my dreamcast great games but just fell off slowly. Guess I will miss the guys on live but that is about it, ms had it made but seems nintendo and sony will be the winners this gen imo.

ChiChiMonKilla

Yea smart move, Gears 2 is on its way and you say there is no major must haves. I dont think there is a more major game than gears2. I smell fake boy.

BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Yea...out of the stores and into homes!
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts
Lol, at all these treads lately. Sony gets one AAAAE and all of a sudden Ms is dead. The ps3 is the greatest console on the market, LMAO.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]MS is just going to quit. I mean, why would they continue? Its utterly hopeless for them, since no one owns a 360 and they haven't sold any in a long time.UnrealSin_X

Sarcasm?

No...

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Lol, at all these treads lately. Sony gets one AAAAE and all of a sudden Ms is dead. The ps3 is the greatest console on the market, LMAO.lolkie_81

Incredible isn't it, how one game suddenly makes a crap console, full of flaws amazing. A ton of grreat games and it's nothing but ZOMG RROD ZOMG ZOMG, funny old internets.

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiChiMonKilla
[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

lolkie_81

Yea smart move, Gears 2 is on its way and you say there is no major must haves. I dont think there is a more major game than gears2. I smell fake boy.

I am sure gears 2 will be a multiplat (pc/ps3) as for no game being more major than gears that is subjective at best.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

okay smartpants name ps3 game you want?

also Gears of war 2 will not be on ps3

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

I am sure gears 2 will be a multiplat (pc/ps3) as for no game being more major than gears that is subjective at best.ChiChiMonKilla

Yup, Thanks for the announcement that its going to be multiplat. Did you also hear, MGS4 is going to be on PC/XB360 too.

kev1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kev1000
Member since 2008 • 2477 Posts

Sorry,but gears of war 2 is made by microsoft.That mean it a xbox 360 exclusive unless microsoft become sega and create game for all the competitor.

The 360 is not going to die sonn but in few years at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
[QUOTE="lolkie_81"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

ChiChiMonKilla

I am sure gears 2 will be a multiplat (pc/ps3) as for no game being more major than gears that is subjective at best.

It will take Gears of War 2 364 days after its original release to arrive on PC, and it won't come to PS3.

On top of that, there are some worthy titles coming out for the 360, and you could've at least waited until AFTER E3. But you made your choice. I just hope you thought things through before you did it.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

Isn't this the same thread you made last month?

And nothing has changed from that....

except you decided to sell your 360.

Yippee....thanks for the personal update. Saves me from visiting your blog :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

Sorry,but gears of war 2 is made by microsoft.That mean it a xbox 360 exclusive unless microsoft become sega and create game for all the competitor.

The 360 is not going to die sonn but in few years at least.

kev1000

Gears of War is made by Epic Games; not Microsoft. Epic Games also made Unreal Tournament 3 for the PC and PS3. Soon to be on 360, too.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
No.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Its on its way out. I was talking to some meth fiends the other day and they dropped some real deal business knowledge on me. When your console's sales are increasing, that actually means that you're doing worse. Big business would like you to believe that theres a linear relationship, but its not. They also told me that because of this, the 3 pound gameboy was about to make a major comeback.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
No major's? By that logic Wii is already out.
AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts

okay smartpants name ps3 game you want?

also Gears of war 2 will not be on ps3

kyacat
But he said he has a gaming PC, and Gears 2 will definitely be on PC.
mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mastarifla
Member since 2005 • 2448 Posts
I am sure gears 2 will be a multiplat (pc/ps3) as for no game being more major than gears that is subjective at best.ChiChiMonKilla
Kinda like everyone and their grandmaw waited for Gears 1 on PC and it was completely better with a bigger fanbase and more actvive members... oh wait, that never happened and AFAIK if you want to play online with it your still going to have to pay for a Live account, unless yous till have your old one 1+ years from now
bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bungie93
Member since 2008 • 2445 Posts

ChiChiMonKilla

Sony is in last place, and its only outselling the Xbox 360 by about 10k a week for the entire world. It will take over 11.5 years to catch up to the 360 at the current rate.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

The thing with the 360 is that 360 gamers don't care if 360 is suffering in Europe and decaying in Japan because to them if 360 wins American sales then the 360 is the overal winner whereas the PS3 & Wii gamers aknowledge the importantance of being successful in all 3 major territories, in that respect I have to say that 360 has a lot of catching up to do. Sure the year head start helped but thats all it did, helped. PS3 is closing the gap and can potentially overtake the 360 by next year and the Wii, well the Wii is set to be the next PS2.

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts

everyone is just saying gears 2 and we all know that will hit the pc. but really is that it.

as for the topic. the 360 isn't dying but it isn't going up ether. just like at sales from last year there almost the same. yes it may sell a few more this year but not enough to take notice. as for the ps3. it sales doubled from last year. the same should happen to the 360 but it hasn't.

mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mastarifla
Member since 2005 • 2448 Posts

The thing with the 360 is that 360 gamers don't care if 360 is suffering in Europe and decaying in Japan because to them if 360 wins American sales then the 360 is the overal winner whereas the PS3 & Wii gamers aknowledge the importantance of being successful in all 3 major territories, in that respect I have to say that 360 has a lot of catching up to do. Sure the year head start helped but thats all it did, helped. PS3 is closing the gap and can potentially overtake the 360 by next year and the Wii, well the Wii is set to be the next PS2.

Swift_Boss_A
10k more a month worldwide is hardly closing the gap... check the poster above yours 11.5 years to catch up to the 360 is quite a long time if they keep going at that rate.
Phenom316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Phenom316
Member since 2008 • 1650 Posts

It depends on ur taste

For consoles i prefer the X360 but if all my friends wer gaming on PS3 i prob would jump ships too

X360 has my kind of games, If u like PS3 thats ur opinion, not the worlds lol

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

[QUOTE="UnrealSin_X"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]MS is just going to quit. I mean, why would they continue? Its utterly hopeless for them, since no one owns a 360 and they haven't sold any in a long time.SpruceCaboose

Sarcasm?

No...

Double sarcasm?

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

bungie93

Sony is in last place, and its only outselling the Xbox 360 by about 10k a week for the entire world. It will take over 11.5 years to catch up to the 360 at the current rate.

i would like to see your link. because the ps3 is outselling the 360 in its biggest and really its only region. last year the 360 sales were 2-1 against the ps3 in the us and the ps3 still sold more ww.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="UnrealSin_X"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]MS is just going to quit. I mean, why would they continue? Its utterly hopeless for them, since no one owns a 360 and they haven't sold any in a long time.TheDarkDisciple

Sarcasm?

No...

Double sarcasm?

Yes.

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

It depends on ur taste

For consoles i prefer the X360 but if all my friends wer gaming on PS3 i prob would jump ships too

X360 has my kind of games, If u like PS3 thats ur opinion, not the worlds lol

Phenom316

I agree with this except for the "jump ships" part. I would never switch over to a sony platform.

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

bungie93

Not even the ps3 will last that long. And if Sony does manage to make it that far with the ps3, then they are going to have a lot to worry about with MS's next-gen console.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]MS is just going to quit. I mean, why would they continue? Its utterly hopeless for them, since no one owns a 360 and they haven't sold any in a long time.jack_russel
I know, WHERE ARE THE GAMES MICROSOFT!???! get a clue! There is no way their ever going to survive. I'd give them another 17 years before their out of the race entirely.

17 years is nearly 4 more generations...
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChiChiMonKilla

Gears2 will be on pc I would put money on that as for the ps3 it's now a viable platform so why would epic ignore another couple million users ??

Besides the lead the 360 had is down to less than 8 million that could be gone by xmas. Face it the wii is the only mAJOR comp for the ps3. Wii = casual sales, ps3 = hardcore sales, 360 = decreasing market share !!

Really why did ms sell off it's devs ??

Could it be the 360 is no longer a viable platform and the losses have forced ms to rethink it's console strategy ??

Ms still has not made any money on xbox 1 (8 billion loss) and the 360 (5 billion) plus sony closing the gap, could be time to upgrade to the xbox 720 or just exit altogether ??

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

im sure alot of haters would love to hear the news of microsoft dropping out of the console race.shame that will never happen.

sony have also lost billions on the ps3 btw...and microsoft is making a profit with the 360.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Yes, in 2 or 3 years the Xbox 360 is out and in comes the WiiBox.

8)

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
we know you're a fakeboy, you're not fooling anyone. there are still great games like gears 2 coming.
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
[QUOTE="jack_russel"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]MS is just going to quit. I mean, why would they continue? Its utterly hopeless for them, since no one owns a 360 and they haven't sold any in a long time.DivergeUnify

17 years is nearly 4 more generations...

it was sarcasm.
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChiChiMonKilla

im sure alot of haters would love to hear the news of microsoft dropping out of the console race.shame that will never happen.

sony have also lost billions on the ps3 btw...and microsoft is making a profit with the 360.

lawlessx

How is the 360 making a profit just on the rrod problem ms has lost almost 6 billion already and the does not take away the cost of launching the console ??

I really doubt ms has made over 6 billion in sales on the 360. Hell ms still has not made enough to pay for the original xbox 8 billion in red ink. So ms dropping out is not unrealistic. The xbox brad has to make a profit to remain viable.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts
it sure is prob in a couple of years. but then again that when the new xbox will be out or at least announced
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

ChiChiMonKilla

How is the 360 making a profit just on the rrod problem ms has lost almost 6 billion already and the does not take away the cost of launching the console ??

I really doubt ms has made over 6 billion in sales on the 360. Hell ms still has not made enough to pay for the original xbox 8 billion in red ink. So ms dropping out is not unrealistic. The xbox brad has to make a profit to remain viable.

if microsoft cared that much about making a huge profit in this industry..they would've stopped trying at the first xbox.

face it..microsoft arent going anywhere

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Sony_has_lost_over_3_billion_on_the_PS3?t=16444887

how long do you think it will take sony to recover from this?

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
The most highly antcipated title (by far) of the remainder of the year is on Xbox 360....are you serious?
TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
Cool!!!!
ThugKing6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ThugKing6669
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts
To everyone claiming Gears 2 will come out on PC, I wouldn't be too sure of that, I read an article on kotaku about a week or two ago that MS was considering not putting 360 exclusives on PC. So it may or may not come out, it's not guaranteed.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yeah 360 is doing bad
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
the 360 doing good
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Yep, 2008 is the final year for the 360, rest in peace.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lawlessx

Yep, 2008 is the final year for the 360, rest in peace.

ReverseCycology

why must the good die young!:cry:

i wonder when microsoft will finally show Cry On..better be this month. getting sick of waiting

Narciel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Narciel
Member since 2005 • 73 Posts
AAAAEs don't mean squat. Dreamcast and n64 both had them and they lost their console races pretty miserably.
ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts

YES, the 360 IS on its way out. Its the oldest system still on the market, its relaibilty issues have cost MS millions and lost them lots of fans. Probably a pretty hard pill for the lemurs to swallow, but MS should pack it in and save themselves any future embarassment/failure.

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChiChiMonKilla

Every time I look up I see rrod cost ms money (almost 6 billion just on this alone) I don't see how ms can turn a profit on the 360 at this point. THen you have ms selling devs and the ps3 closing in for the kill with roumors of another price cut for the ps3 also. Ms has like a 8 million unit lead on the ps3 and the wii long gone