Is Switch the coolest console since Dreamcast?

• 62 results
tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts

It's a gaming tablet with ways to connect controllers. Don't see what's so great about it at all, although, it will probably sell as much as the Dreamcast, so there's that.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#52 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9732 Posts

No, the Dreamcast is cooler for its time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#53 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Just two days ago when I was playing Zelda during a flight I felt like the Switch is really too cool.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

Switch feels like something really special. I love being able to take it with me to the kitchen when I need to cook, or to the toilet when I need to answer a call of nature or to bed when I want to sneak in a quick session of Zelda before bed. I also love taking the joycon out and putting them back in. It's a fun thing to interact with. Switch is not just a box that blends in with your entertainment centre to an extent where you kind of forget it's there. It has character.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

so it'll flop like the dreamcast?

Makoto_Niijima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Makoto_Niijima
Member since 2017 • 56 Posts

switch is interesting and i like mine. it feels like nintendo finally made a good system and i want to see it do well now

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

Dreamcast - it never gets old laughing at that piece of junk console.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#58 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9732 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

so it'll flop like the dreamcast?

The DC flopped because Sega got too low on money. If they didn't get too low on money it probably would've did better. It is a great system with great games.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Nope

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#61 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@n64dd said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@n64dd said:
@jg4xchamp said:

If you take poor care of your shit sure, you're still getting a lesser version the game in comparison to the state it will be on other machines. Otherwise there is also the digital version on PC, which is gonna be cheaper and more flexible by virtue of being on the PC.

Digital sucks.

But paying more money for the exact same game that everyone will get for less, is awesome. Gotcha.

What if steam closes shop? Then you're left with what?

What if you want to sell it when you're done with it?

You're getting ripped off.

1. Steam has already announced if they go bankrupt, the games will be available at all times and unlocked.

2. You and I both know that only collector's edition will hold up in value over time. PC games have it worse, because some are outright useless if the CD-key can only be activated 5 times. Oh and the problem with physical copies, data corrupts over time, and if you don't have a duplicate, you're screwed.

3. 90 percent off on games or spend 140 plus on a collector's edition hoping you can sell it off...

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@hiphops_savior said:
@n64dd said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@n64dd said:
@jg4xchamp said:

If you take poor care of your shit sure, you're still getting a lesser version the game in comparison to the state it will be on other machines. Otherwise there is also the digital version on PC, which is gonna be cheaper and more flexible by virtue of being on the PC.

Digital sucks.

But paying more money for the exact same game that everyone will get for less, is awesome. Gotcha.

What if steam closes shop? Then you're left with what?

What if you want to sell it when you're done with it?

You're getting ripped off.

1. Steam has already announced if they go bankrupt, the games will be available at all times and unlocked.

2. You and I both know that only collector's edition will hold up in value over time. PC games have it worse, because some are outright useless if the CD-key can only be activated 5 times. Oh and the problem with physical copies, data corrupts over time, and if you don't have a duplicate, you're screwed.

3. 90 percent off on games or spend 140 plus on a collector's edition hoping you can sell it off...

A lot of normal edition of games are worth decent money. Look at the gamecube library. You have 0 idea of which you speak of.

JayMikells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JayMikells
Member since 2016 • 79 Posts

32 whole GB's of storage in a 2017 "next gen" console is just the coolest! Nintendo are just so far ahead of the game, it's scary..

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@jaymikells: Lol

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Wish it wasn't so cheaply made, like how sloppy it sits in the dock, the plastic screen and the controllers are kinda janky Imo. I'd been happier if both analogue sticks were at the top like on the Wii U pad.

As a portable unit, I think it's great overall, I wouldn't use it as a console replacement by any means but as an additional unit....well we need some ports, like GC, Wii and Wii U ports. I'd love to see a Mario maker on it too. But hard to say if that'll ever happen anytime soon, I'm sure they'll offer a few ports in virtual console but Nintendo is really good at missing out on opportunities and giving people what they really want.