• 71 results
N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By N64DD

Poll Is Nintendo back? (Poll) (106 votes)

Yes! Switch is what they needed, 3ds/2ds is still doing well! Welcome home Nintendo. 52%
No. Just a gimmick, hype will die down in a few months. Typical Nintendo 17%
We don't know yet, it's still riding on hype of a few ports. 25%
other, explain. 4%

I think Nintendo is back. It's pure fun where ever you go and brings people together. I've been out to eat with friends and strangers will jump in and play mario cart.

What say you SW?

• 
Super_MooRio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Super_MooRio
Member since 2011 • 546 Posts

They never went away, only fanboys hated the Wii U and Wii.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

It's a little early to say, but they are on the right track

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

Nintendo has always stay in the gaming industry for decades, they never left at all. It was the Wii U that gave them bad rep from the start is what's the problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@aigis said:

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Super_MooRio said:

I liked the Wii U, but it was a bit of a let down to be honest.

Super_MooRio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Super_MooRio

@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:

Are you fucking with me, it was in no way a let down. It was a progression of Nintendo's brilliant hardware making prowess.

Did you even utilize the functions... The media was biased against Wii U just like it is the Switch (giving false reports about units bending). At this point I just consider the news to be "fake news" as Trump would say.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Where'd they go?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:

I also like the Wii U but nothing to brag about it however.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 N64DD

@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:

Are you fucking with me, it was in no way a let down. It was a progression of Nintendo's brilliant hardware making prowess.

Did you even utilize the functions... The media was biased against Wii U just like it is the Switch (giving false reports about units bending). At this point I just consider the news to be "fake news" as Trump would say.

I have every nintendo console and handheld ever made. Multiples of some. Wii U was a bit of let down. The Wii U tablet sucked.

First party games were great though.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

Yes

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:

Another fanboy with a distorted reality. It was viewed poorly and sold poorly, only diehard Nintendo fans bought it.

Keep telling yourself lies, all become truths eventually.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

They never really went away, but they're on the upswing post-Wii U. It's the first time in a while that they have multiple consoles selling well, instead of just relying on the 3DS as they have for the past few years.

Super_MooRio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Super_MooRio

@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:

I have every nintendo console and handheld ever made. Multiples of some. Wii U was a bit of let down. The Wii U tablet sucked.

Don't **** with me. I said don't **** with me... Those words you just posted are blasphemous garbage of the highest degree. How could you not think enough to utilize the magnificent tablet screen/controller and all the phenomenal gameplay opportunities it provided. I guess you hate the Wii's motion controls too?

Give me a break, I really hope that you are just trolling me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69780 Posts

This time next year the back pedaling would be vicious.

Super_MooRio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Super_MooRio

@Random_Matt said:
@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:

Another fanboy with a distorted reality. It was viewed poorly and sold poorly, only diehard Nintendo fans bought it.

Keep telling yourself lies, all become truths eventually.

That is a lie, can you explain it being sold out? The only reason people did not buy it at first was that fake news was intent on spitting on Nintendo's product from the get go.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N64DD

@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:

Don't **** with me. I said don't **** with me... Those words you just posted are blasphemous garbage of the highest degree. How could you not think enough to utilize the magnificent tablet screen/controller and all the phenomenal gameplay opportunities it provided. I guess you hate the Wii's motion controls too?

*yawn* whose alt is this?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Your question is biased. It suggest they were ever gone. They dominated the handheld market every gen and had some of the best exclusives on consoles every gen. To suggest they were "away" is simply wrong

Super_MooRio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Super_MooRio

@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:

Whose alt are you? I can play your same game. I want answers now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69780 Posts

That's one dedicated fake boy.

Goomba92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Goomba92
Member since 2012 • 89 Posts

Back and ready to pwn. **** YEAH WOOOOOOOOO

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N64DD

@Pedro said:

That's one dedicated fake boy.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I didn't realize they went anywhere.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

The Switch is probably going to be a massive success in the long run. I'd say the general core audience of a Nintendo product like this is anywhere from 40 to 80 million units, probably closer to the latter in this case. 3DS/GBA levels of success basically.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44301 Posts

Too early to call yet. I say give it a year and see how things are then.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Seven weeks and Nintendo is being hoisted on your shoulders while being doused with champagne?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Sales? Maybe. Quality? No. Switch is still too early to tell, but the Wii and Wii U were the worst consoles of those gens.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@aigis said:

^ This could not have said it better myself. :P

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's still too early to say yet but I think they are on the right track. This holiday season will be crucial for them.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#30 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Hard to not have the only way to go being up after how hard the Wii U failed. Glad to see them back in the game. Been having tons of fun with the Switch so far.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Anyone who thinks the Switch is a gimmick is close-minded.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

They're quickly escaping the lowest low that was the WiiU, but we'll have a clearer picture this time next year. They've got the momentum, ball is in their court, but it is Nintendo lol.

Personally, BotW was the Nintendo coming back moment for me. After a gen of mostly super safe, low ambition games, I was starting to get worried about Nintendo becoming somewhat of an assembly line game company. Incredibly polished, yet by-the-numbers products. BotW said fvck all that, it had the same spark that comes with games like the SMG titles, or Metroid Prime. Something Nintendo seemed to be lacking for a while.

I'm hoping to see more of that, be it new IPs, or breathing life into existing IPs. Mario Odyssey needs to be SMG levels of fresh, creative, and just awesome all around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

In terms of fun, for me they never left. I loved the Wii U; it had some fantastic games, but I understand why it failed with the general public and I think Nintendo has corrected those mistakes with the Switch.

In terms of sales, I expect the Switch to continue selling very well. With the Wii U, nobody except hardcore Nintendo fans like me cared about it and because of Nintendo's terrible marketing, many people did not even know that it was a new console that was different the Wii. With the Switch, I'm observing a very different situation. I see people that haven't cared about Nintendo in a very long time, but now think that the Switch looks awesome. And when I play my Switch in a public place, I've been having people around me get curious about it. I imagine this is also happening with other Switch owners all over the world and that is the best kind of marketing that any company can ever hope to have. Switch owners will do free marketing for Nintendo and get more people interested in the Switch just by playing their Switch in public places and when someone sees you playing the Switch and gets curious about it, you can just easily hand them a joycon controller to try out Mario Kart right there on the spot and fall in love with it. This is a recipe for big success.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Yeah, kinda. Although I'm having an absolute blast on MK8, plus we all know how good BOTW. Lets hope they keep the momentum up!

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigsmack1984
Member since 2017 • 61 Posts

In a way first cartridge based ''home console by nintendo since 1996'' and first console in 20 years nintendos using a cartridge and using same developers who made mario 64 to make mario odyssey and making a true sucessor to the last non casual mario game ever made.

But they need to take online more serious it's been since 2001 and they still aint taking it serious since the gamecube days.

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bigsmack1984

Only way nintendo could truly make it back for me is to take 4 player splitscreen multiplayer serious and online play/service serious and have a more powerful console than everyone else like nintendo 64 days and cartridge based.

I expected a real n64 sucessor with true online service and a mario 64 successor after n64 kinda atleast they doing it with the new mario in a way but still lol.

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bigsmack1984

Were nintendo games ever truly ''cgi''' story based bullshit they're main focus has always been with gameplay and this fits into omg i got a ''cd rom'' lemme fill it with a bunch of fucking cgi bullshit videos telling a story i dont give a **** about.

real gamers want gameplay cinema=movie game=gameplay.

**** A STORY a movies a movie and a games a game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I think Nintendo fans are buying it right now. We know there are at least 13 million of them based on WiiU numbers. Next there are gamers that love games and hardware. They buy the new cool thing with the next great game (BOTW). Will it get the consumer though? If the consumer has a PS4 or X1 and we know Switch isnt getting RDR2, Madden, COD, Battlefront, and in the future it will miss other 3rd party big multiplats. I think Switch will outsell WiiU obviously, but I do not believe this is going to be a major player compared to PS4 in particular. People want more than Nintendo games in a console. The only 2 people I know with a Switch have both PS4 and X1 as well. That isnt the mainstream consumer. I dont think Nintendo ever left. I just think they will continue to do their thing and sometimes it will hit, others miss.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

To soon to tell. Nintendo's problem was never their ability to make great first party games. I expect that the Switches long term success will be determined by Nintendo's ability to get third party developers on board.

Breath of the Wild has given them a great start but unless they can convince third party developers to get on board, I expect that they are going to struggle.

Time will tell but at least they are off to a good start this time.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cainetao11

@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:
@n64dd said:
@Super_MooRio said:

Whose alt are you? I can play your same game. I want answers now.

LOL tip 'o the hat to you. That was funny

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cainetao11

@bigsmack1984 said:

Were nintendo games ever truly ''cgi''' story based bullshit they're main focus has always been with gameplay and this fits into omg i got a ''cd rom'' lemme fill it with a bunch of fucking cgi bullshit videos telling a story i dont give a **** about.

Thats self important bullshit. You're no more of a gamer than me or anyone else. Get off the pedestal. Story has been a part of games for long enough to get over the fact that its here to stay. People like it, it doesnt mean they are less than you. Grow up.

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bigsmack1984

@cainetao11 said:
@bigsmack1984 said:

Thats self important bullshit. You're no more of a gamer than me or anyone else. Get off the pedestal. Story has been a part of games for long enough to get over the fact that its here to stay. People like it, it doesnt mean they are less than you. Grow up.

I had atari2600,atari jaguar,jaguar cd,atari lynx,sega genesis,sega cd,sega game gear,sega 32x,sega saturn,dreamcast,nes,gameboy,snes,n64.gamecube,xbox,panasonic 3do,psx,ps2 before i was 19 years old in 2001 bro.

ill gladly admit i was a spoiled **** when it came to parents buying me consoles when i was young but thats how i look down on these kids they didnt grow up owning as much consoles and their opinion of the direction of the industry truly doesnt mean shit compared to me because they have less experience in the industry and seen the direction it took.

get some common sense bro.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

They will need to have a strong showing of games and third party support to keep the ball rolling but they are off to a truly great start.

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bigsmack1984

I know what gamers want compared to the ''casual'' who never had obsession with gaming put it that way.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cainetao11

@bigsmack1984 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@bigsmack1984 said:

I had atari2600,atari jaguar,jaguar cd,atari lynx,sega genesis,sega cd,sega game gear,sega 32x,sega saturn,dreamcast,nes,gameboy,snes,n64.gamecube,xbox,panasonic 3do before i was 19 years old in 2001 bro.

ill gladly admit i was a spoiled **** when it came to parents buying me consoles when i was young but thats how i look down on these kids they didnt grow up owning as much consoles and their opinion of the direction of the industry truly doesnt mean shit compared to me because they have less experience in the industry and seen the direction it took.

I'm 44 years old, started playing on a Pong console in the 1970s. I played Atari, Colecovision, intellivision, NES, Sega, PS, Xbox. Big fucking deal. It doesnt mean shit regarding what game developers want to make. That is what this industry is driven by. Devs desire to create and Money of course.

You, me or Jack fvckin Sparrow, it doesnt matter. A game is whatever a developer wants make. You dont like stories in games? Good for you. It doesnt make your opinion anything more than an opinion. Eat a turd, pal

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bigsmack1984

@cainetao11 said:
@bigsmack1984 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@bigsmack1984 said:

I had atari2600,atari jaguar,jaguar cd,atari lynx,sega genesis,sega cd,sega game gear,sega 32x,sega saturn,dreamcast,nes,gameboy,snes,n64.gamecube,xbox,panasonic 3do before i was 19 years old in 2001 bro.

I'm 44 years old, started playing on a Pong console in the 1970s. I played Atari, Colecovision, intellivision, NES, Sega, PS, Xbox. Big fucking deal. It doesnt mean shit regarding what game developers want to make. That is what this industry is driven by. Devs desire to create and Money of course.

You, me or Jack fvckin Sparrow, it doesnt matter. A game is whatever a developer wants make. You dont like stories in games? Good for you. It doesnt make your opinion anything more than an opinion. Eat a turd, pal

No true video game fan wants a fucking cinematic experience they want gameplay and i can tell u that.

Ok You like stories? dont play nintendo games because they never focused on them go watch a movie u geezer.

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bigsmack1984

@cainetao11 said:
@bigsmack1984 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@bigsmack1984 said:

Why u playing pong bro? it didnt have a story bro! smh you make gamers look bad.

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bigsmack1984

@cainetao11 said:
@bigsmack1984 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@bigsmack1984 said:

All trends die.....except ''gameplay experience'' when it comes to gaming, are you willing to admit video games have very shallow gimmicky gameplay and boring as **** these days nothing but a fucking gimmick/trend? Because of the casuals want easy to play which truly isnt a ''gameplay experience'' and ''cinematic experiences'' which also isnt a ''gameplay experience either'' stupid ass playstation generation casual gamer kids kinda ruined everything.