Is MS and fanboys getting arrogant?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

http://www.gametab.com/news/1112161/

Updated: Monday, 19 November 2007 Bach: 'PlayStation Network Not a Service' Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division,has belittled Sony's PlayStation Network, insisting that Microsoft's online gaming service Xbox Live has no rivals.

Bach told the LA Times that the platform holder was years ahead of its rivals when it came to online gaming and media services.

"It's fair to say that Xbox Live is clearly head and shoulders above anything anyone else has tried to do," he said.

"We don't have competition. Sony has done some things online, but nothing that can be called a service. We have a big advantage and we're going to keep pressing that advantage."

Xbox Live, which recently celebrated its fifth birthday, has eight million subscribors. It has managed to broaden iits appeal beyond the traditional male game playing audience by targeting casual gamers and delivering other forms of media content.

"Demographically, when we started, you would say that it was a place for serious gamers. That has changed a lot in the last five years," Bach continued. "It's now become a great place for casual gamers. When one of your leading games is Uno, you realize you've reached a new type of customer.

"Secondly, it's expanded from being a gaming service to an entertainment service with a social network. We have now expanded into the world of movies and TV shows. It's become a much broader place for people to experience entertainment.

"We have a broad long-term vision for connected entertainment across all platforms. That includes music, video, television and gaming. You're going to see pieces of that roll out over time. We're not ready to talk about the specifics."

In comparison, Sony's relatively young, free of-charge PlayStation Network service has 3 million subscribors, a number it hopes to boost dramatically when it launches online social networking space Home next year.

Comments

HA! Home? If Sony thinks people are going to buy a PS3 for Home they are complete retards. Home is going to be a mess. Who wants to log into a program and spend $1 to buy a virtual couch or $.50 on virtual lamp for a fake apartment? Not me...

Posted by Gott, on 11/19/2007 at 04:57

Thats very true PSN is not even a serivce yet. It's just a online store web page.Until sony gets HOME up and running theres is no true PSN.

Posted by Voz, on 11/19/2007 at 04:51

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
It's not arrogance if you can back it up.
GXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GXR
Member since 2003 • 1476 Posts

MS is not there quite yet..

If they win this gen, they might.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts

It's not arrogance if you can back it up.DaysAirlines

/thread

now sony is arrogant

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
lol M$ is gonna be the biggiest flop this gen if sony whoops them in sales.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

It's not arrogance if you can back it up.DaysAirlines

I think somebody needs a dictionary.

However, I will agree with what you are essentially saying. MS always has and always will be the most arrogant company on earth. Then again, when you have as much money as they do, you can afford to be arrogant.

However,I would also say that lemmings have always been arrogant as well. The have been predicting the death of Sony and MS taking over gaming since MS first hinted they MAY get into the console business. They argued MS's success when the console was losing billions and barely beating off a console that almost killed Nintendo. So lemmings have always been arrogant.

im_different

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 im_different
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
on the official playstation forums little big planet forum is called the "awesome cool" forum. ever go to the playstation blog?
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamenux

Funny how in the comments, a lemming thinks HOME is actually the PSN.... when it is not. HOME is just going to be part of the service that makes up the PSN.

8mil in 5 yrs

3mil in 1 yr.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

lol Ken Kutaragi....nuff said

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

lol M$ is gonna be the biggiest flop this gen if sony whoops them in sales.ff7isnumbaone

Technically, I am a big PS brand supporter...and I will disagree with you. The 360 is going to make MS money and has a solid library of games, a loyal fanbase and a positive reputation. Even IF the 360 ends up in last place this gen, by increasing their market share, turning a profit, and getting developers support...it is going to be seen as a success. It's all good news.

IN that instance, even being in last place is meaningless if you increase sales, profits and reputation from last gen.

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
lol M$ is gonna be the biggiest flop this gen if sony whoops them in sales.ff7isnumbaone
nope, Nintendo will be the biggest flop ever if anyone whops them in sales.
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamenux

I doubt MS is going away. Their have too much money to burn. THe entire lost from the xbox and the 360 in the first 2 yrs was writen off. All those billions was paid off by the parent company. The gaming division is like M$-side betch. Every once in awhile, she will ask for money and MS gladly writes them off.

nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts

I agree that if you can back it up you can be arrogant, however, i really don't think MS has the right to be yet. I mean, for all their successes, they've only ever had 2 profitable quaters so far in 7 years, they are still charging too much for a lot of things that should be free, and their hardware sales are about to be battered by a console that came out a year later and uses hardware that about matches the first xbox in terms of power.

They've had a good run so far with the 360, but they haven't sold 120 million consoles worldwide like sony had when they were "arrogant". They've barely sold a tenth of that.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
Sony = arrogancy tbh.