Is Holiday 2010 in the bag for Microsoft?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
(Poll)
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

No.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

You may want to give some reasoning why :P

The 360 S will no doubt be a hot product for the holidays, as well as Kinect. Dunno much about their releases software-wise, so I can't comment on that.

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

You may want to give some reasoning why :P

The 360 S will no doubt be a hot product for the holidays, as well as Kinect. Dunno much about their releases software-wise, so I can't comment on that.

You named most of it. And Dead rising 2 and other non-exclusives plus kinect software will sell.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

In terms of hardware sales... probably. Games? I lol'd.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

You named most of it. And Dead rising 2 and other non-exclusives plus kinect software will sell.Tony-Baxter

Well, I meant in your OP , in case people don't read past it.

Kinect and S will no doubt drive some nice sales.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

For what? What do they have out and coming out for the holiday?

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Conscrumptured
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts
I have four friends (well, two friends and two co-workers) who are ridiculous 360 fanboys and none of them have any interest in the Kinect, which brings me to this question: other than family-oriented sales, is it really going to sell that high? Also... as you put it, Dead Rising being a non-exclusive, and other "non-exclusives" selling, that means it's in the bag for Microsoft? You do realize that non-exclusives also sell on the PS3, right?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Far from it

ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts
You do realize that non-exclusives also sell on the PS3, right?Conscrumptured
Yes, but usually the sales split is 70% 360 and 30% PS3. Most of the multiplats I bought for the PS3 are dead as far as online community so I had to repurchase them on the 360 just so that I could play. I am done with multiplat games on the PS3 just like most other people are.
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Depends on your country. In America, yes. Everywhere else, questionable.

Then again, anything can happen and the Wii could have a holiday resurgence.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Game-wise, of course not. In sales, it's GT5 versus Kinect and since a slim redesign and a 4GB model couldn't give it the top spot last quarter, I don't see it taking this one either.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

well walmart had a big shipment of kinects and kinect bundles to be put on sale for the day after black friday and i went up walmart this morning and every single thing was gone. si would say they will very well. and will prolly be the number 1 selling system this holiday.

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Conscrumptured
[QUOTE="Conscrumptured"] You do realize that non-exclusives also sell on the PS3, right?ImprovedMind
Yes, but usually the sales split is 70% 360 and 30% PS3. Most of the multiplats I bought for the PS3 are dead as far as online community so I had to repurchase them on the 360 just so that I could play. I am done with multiplat games on the PS3 just like most other people are.

Most of the multiplatforms like what, exactly? The Battlefield games still have plenty of servers available for play, as well as the Call of Duty and Bioshock and Grand Theft Auto and Brotherhood games. Any game I've played on the PS3 so far still have plenty of sessions to play online, so I'm happy. :)
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
[QUOTE="Conscrumptured"] You do realize that non-exclusives also sell on the PS3, right?ImprovedMind

yeah i i am in the same boat. just bought ps3 version of black ops its so hard to play with friends on it because all of the crashes and lost conection crap. i am now begging someone to trade me black ops for 360 for my ps3 copy. i might even take a copy of halo reach for it
ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts
[QUOTE="ImprovedMind"][QUOTE="Conscrumptured"] You do realize that non-exclusives also sell on the PS3, right?Conscrumptured

Most of the multiplatforms like what, exactly? The Battlefield games still have plenty of servers available for play, as well as the Call of Duty and Bioshock and Grand Theft Auto and Brotherhood games. Any game I've played on the PS3 so far still have plenty of sessions to play online, so I'm happy. :)

Battlefield 1943 is completely dead on the PS3. I often get put into matches were I am the only person in the server. However, on the 360 I can get into a full match at anytime of the day including 3:30am last night. I don't think you have tried Bioshock 2 multiplayer lately as it is a ghost town on the PS3. Event he exclusives can't keep a user base. I tried to play some KZ2 the other day and there were maybe 10 servers with a decent number of people. Unreal Tournament 3 is completely dead on the PS3, but there are still signs of life on the 360. I can't find a match in TF2 on the Orange Box for PS3 yet the 360 still has a decent community. Should I go on?
Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Conscrumptured
Battlefield 1943 is completely dead on the PS3. I often get put into matches were I am the only person in the server. However, on the 360 I can get into a full match at anytime of the day including 3:30am last night. I don't think you have tried Bioshock 2 multiplayer lately as it is a ghost town on the PS3. Event he exclusives can't keep a user base. I tried to play some KZ2 the other day and there were maybe 10 servers with a decent number of people. Unreal Tournament 3 is completely dead on the PS3, but there are still signs of life on the 360. I can't find a match in TF2 on the Orange Box for PS3 yet the 360 still has a decent community. Should I go on?ImprovedMind
It must be you, then, because I often play 1943, and in fact I just played last night. My brother plays Bioshock 2 quite often, but hasn't in the last three or four days, so I suppose that problem you described could have occurred in that time... but I doubt it. And as for Killzone 2, I've never played it, but I'm sure it's just you again. If I did so, and got online, I wager I'd have no problems at all. Sorry, chief.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
No lol.
bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
People that don't think MS has the holidays in the bag will be in for a shock when the numbers roll out. And than the damage control about kinects marketing budget will arise again
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

People that don't think MS has the holidays in the bag will be in for a shock when the numbers roll out. And than the damage control about kinects marketing budget will arise againbigboss5ak

It will be close, I don't think they have anything in the bag to be quite honest.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
People that don't think MS has the holidays in the bag will be in for a shock when the numbers roll out. And than the damage control about kinects marketing budget will arise againbigboss5ak
You said the same thing to me about the Slim redesign. lol
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AbleFa3
Member since 2010 • 901 Posts

Game-wise, of course not. In sales, it's GT5 versus Kinect and since a slim redesign and a 4GB model couldn't give it the top spot last quarter, I don't see it taking this one either.FIipMode

It is not like Halo Reach and Fable 3 do not exist, these could sell 10 millionand 5 million and will sure sell huge this holiday

Kinect is sold out everywhere too, i have never seen such demand for any product before

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]Game-wise, of course not. In sales, it's GT5 versus Kinect and since a slim redesign and a 4GB model couldn't give it the top spot last quarter, I don't see it taking this one either.AbleFa3

It is not like Halo Reach and Fable 3 do not exist, these could sell 10 millionand 5 million and will sure sell huge this holiday

Kinect is sold out everywhere too, i have never seen such demand for any product before

I guess you missed the Wii craze a couple of years ago.

And I do see Kinect on the shelves in my location so judging based on your local stores is flawed.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]Game-wise, of course not. In sales, it's GT5 versus Kinect and since a slim redesign and a 4GB model couldn't give it the top spot last quarter, I don't see it taking this one either.AbleFa3

Fable is a 7.5 flop I cant see it selling much more. Reach should though. However PC should take the games crown with the wow expansion.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ActicEdge

Halo Reach won't sell 10 million by the end of the year naw and Fable 3 reaching 5 mil prob won't happen either. Kinect definitely has popularity but as of now its success hasn't been unheard of. I've seen thinks launch much better before. Holidays will be tight, no one is going to curb stomp the competition.

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ktseymour
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

You guys are preaching to the choir with these type of polls. There Is a huge segmant of people that buy games and systems and have no clue what Gamespot Is, or any other of the gaming sites.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]Game-wise, of course not. In sales, it's GT5 versus Kinect and since a slim redesign and a 4GB model couldn't give it the top spot last quarter, I don't see it taking this one either.tenaka2

Fable is a 7.5 flop I cant see it selling much more. Reach should though. However PC should take the games crown with the wow expansion.

Fable 3 is my best game this generation and of all time too, i really have zero interest in Gamespot reviews, my best games are the worst scoring on Gamspot (Mass Effect 1, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Alan Wake, Fable 2-3, Fallout Vegas etc)

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

I hope the people rolling out the random anecdotes realize that it has no weight whatsoever.

I mean, for the 15 min I've been playing the GT5 demo at Wal Mart, I saw people walking out with a couple of Wiis, a few PS3s, even quite a few PSPs (serious), but not a single 360/Kinect/DS. 360 and DS = dead!? :roll:

I can safely say that GT5 vs Kinect is definitely not a fair battle, even with the five hundred and ninety nine mil marketing. (ok bad pun) :P

Once the BF numbers roll in people will be all out NPD=/= world, and the corporate reports will be where it's at.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tenaka2
[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Fable 3 is my best game this generation and of all time too, i really have zero interest in Gamespot reviews, my best games are the worst scoring on Gamspot (Mass Effect 1, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Alan Wake, Fable 2-3, Fallout Vegas etc)

Your kinda on the wrong site if you have no interest in Gamespot reviews, considering they are the only scores that count on this forum. Mass effect is AAA here, Fallout Vegas is 8.5, which is fair considering that the game wasn't released in a very clean state. Fable review seemed fair as the game was buggy and shallow.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

[QUOTE="Conscrumptured"][QUOTE="ImprovedMind"] Yes, but usually the sales split is 70% 360 and 30% PS3. Most of the multiplats I bought for the PS3 are dead as far as online community so I had to repurchase them on the 360 just so that I could play. I am done with multiplat games on the PS3 just like most other people are.ImprovedMind

Battlefield 1943 is completely dead on the PS3. I often get put into matches were I am the only person in the server. However, on the 360 I can get into a full match at anytime of the day including 3:30am last night. I don't think you have tried Bioshock 2 multiplayer lately as it is a ghost town on the PS3. Event he exclusives can't keep a user base. I tried to play some KZ2 the other day and there were maybe 10 servers with a decent number of people. Unreal Tournament 3 is completely dead on the PS3, but there are still signs of life on the 360. I can't find a match in TF2 on the Orange Box for PS3 yet the 360 still has a decent community. Should I go on?

why is that? alot ofPS3 games seem to lose people inthe online mp way before the 360 versions

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

tenaka2

Your kinda on the wrong site if you have no interest in Gamespot reviews, considering they are the only scores that count on this forum. Mass effect is AAA here, Fallout Vegas is 8.5, which is fair considering that the game wasn't released in a very clean state. Fable review seemed fair as the game was buggy and shallow.

Fallout Vegas is 7.5/10

And Mass Effect 8.5/10

Also Lost Odyssey is the best JRPG this generation and got 7.5/10 here

As i said, i dont read or care for Gamespot reviews, especially when it comes to RPGs, they have the exact opposite preferences from the ones i have

BTW, it is rather unbelievable, but all xbox 360 and Kinect hardware, all bundles, standalone 360 and Kinect are sold out in US Amazon right now, all of it, 6 different SKUs all sold out !!!!

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
For hardware sales in the US...Yes
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tenaka2
[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Fallout Vegas is 7.5/10

And Mass Effect 8.5/10

As i said, i dont read or care for Gamespot reviews, especially when it comes to RPGs, they have the exact opposite preferences from the ones i have

BTW, it is rather unbelievable, but all xbox 360 and Kinect hardware, all bundles, standalone 360 and Kinect are sold out in US Amazon right now, all of it, 6 different SKUs all sold out !!!!

Vegas is 8.5 and Mass Effect is 9. Where are you getting your figures? The link you yourself provided for Amazon show loads of 360s for sale, please check again, you are mistaken.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Gran Turismo says hi

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Fallout Vegas is 7.5/10

And Mass Effect 8.5/10

tenaka2

Vegas is 8.5 and Mass Effect is 9. Where are you getting your figures? The link you yourself provided for Amazon show loads of 360s for sale, please check again, you are mistaken.

Amazon US has exactly zero xbox 360 in stock, i checked it again, it does not say "is stock", i can post a picture if you like for you, i suppose something may be wrong with your browser

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect/review.html

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/falloutnewvegas/review.html

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/lostodyssey/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

There, 8.5 and 7.5 for some of the best RPGs this generation, well i will never look at another Gamespot review ever again, since when i see a badly reviewed game here, has a chance to be one of my best games of all time

They also gave 8.5 to FF13, which is the worst game i have played in my life

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/finalfantasy13/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B1

If Fable 3 is a 7.5, for me FF13 is a -250/10

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"][QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Fallout Vegas is 7.5/10

And Mass Effect 8.5/10

AbleFa3

Amazon US has exactly zero xbox 360 in stock, i checked it again, it does not say "is stock", i can post a picture if you like for you, i suppose something may be wrong with your browser

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/lostodyssey/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

There, 8.5 and 7.5 for some of the best RPGs this generation, well i will never look at another Gamespot review ever again, since when i see a badly reviewed game here, has a chance to be one of my best games of all time

The Amazon link you provided shows 30 in stock. Mass Effect scored 9 and Vegas scored 8.5, you should look at the PC reviews don't judge games based on inferior ports.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"] Vegas is 8.5 and Mass Effect is 9. Where are you getting your figures? The link you yourself provided for Amazon show loads of 360s for sale, please check again, you are mistaken.tenaka2

The Amazon link you provided shows 30 in stock. Mass Effect scored 9 and Vegas scored 8.5, you should look at the PC reviews don't judge games based on inferior ports.

I judge by the games i played, and they were were not 8.5 or 7.5. more like 9.5 for both, same for Lost Odyssey and Fable 3 too

As i said, i dont read Gamespot reviews and dont care for their scores or what they think, after all it is just an opinion in the millions

And all 360 versions are out of stock in Amazon US, that is not debatable really TBH, it is just a fact

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-Console/dp/B003O6JKLC/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291059227&sr=1-1

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tenaka2

AbleFa3

Fable 3 is a 7.5 with the following comments:

Shallow, tedious combat

Lack of interesting moral choices until the end

No emotional connection to any characters

Lots of small technical problems.

Final Fantasy scored 8.5, clearly a better game and is also scored higher in the critic section. It would seem that only fanbois would claim that Fable 3 is better in any way.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

tenaka2

Shallow, tedious combat

Final Fantasy scored 8.5, clearly a better game and is also scored higher in the critic section. It would seem that only fanbois would claim that Fable 3 is better in any way.

Opinions are fine

Mine is that Fable 3 is my best game of all time, above Zelda OOT

And FF13 is the single worst game i have ever played, if you can call that thing a game at all

So, what makes Gamespot's opinion better than mine exactly ?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tenaka2
[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

And all 360 versions are out of stock in Amazon US, that is not debatable really TBH, it is just a fact

But the Amazon website show loads for sale, can you provide a link?
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

AbleFa3

Shallow, tedious combat

Opinions are fine

And FF13 is the single worst game i have ever played, if you can call that thing a game at all

Kevin V and the whole gamespot reviewing crew have proven to be much more credible in there time at gamespot than you have. That's why.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

tenaka2

But the Amazon website show loads for sale, can you provide a link?

Of course, here

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-Console/dp/B003O6JKLC/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291059227&sr=1-1

Do you see the "ins stock" there ? I dont, for sure

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tenaka2
[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Gamespot has credibility.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"] Fable 3 is a 7.5 with the following comments:

Shallow, tedious combat

ActicEdge

Opinions are fine

Kevin V and the whole gamespot reviewing crew have proven to be much more credible in there time at gamespot than you have. That's why.

Sorry, but

Mass Effect 1 8.5

Alan Wake 8.5

Fallout Vegas 7.5

Fable 2 8.5

Fable 3 7.5 (a 10x better and longer game than Fable 2 BTW, far better looking, far better playing, more challeging, far more secrets, better realised story etc)

Lost Odyssey 7.5

Blue Dragon 6.5

So, how have they "proven" anything ? All they have proven is that they dont play or likeRPGs and adventures, like at all

In fact, Gamespot right now is among my worst sites for reviews, coming in direct contrast to every single of my best games this generation, which of course means icant trust them in the slightest, it is now worst than EDGE for me

I want reviews that score games, not polish levels and reward the most shallow, boring, repeatitive, shortm small, linear games

And MGS4 is a 10/10, really ? I mean it is subHD, why the amazing Gamespot did not cut points, like they did with Alan Wake ?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tenaka2
[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Of course, here

I would hope not to see 'Ins stock' as 'ins' is not a word. However I do see 26 new and 5 used. The other bundles have far more in stock.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Of course, here

tenaka2

I would hope not to see 'Ins stock' as 'ins' is not a word. However I do see 26 new and 5 used. The other bundles have far more in stock.

I see what you mean

This is not Amazon stock, this is just people selling their 360

So, again, Amazon US is out of stock of 360 completly

Also online stores dont have 10-20 items in stock, they have hundreds or thousands

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tenaka2
[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Sorry, but

Mass Effect 1 8.5

Fallout Vegas 7.5

In fact, Gamespot right now is among my worst sites for reviews, coming in direct contrast to every single of my best games this generation, which of course means icant trust them in the lsightest, it is now worst than EDGE for me

Vegas got 8.5 on PC, thats a good score for an RPG and Mass Effect got AAA, how can you say they don't linke RPGs?
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Opinions are fine

AbleFa3

Sorry, but

Mass Effect 1 8.5

Alan Wake 8.5

Fallout Vegas 7.5

Fable 2 8.5

Fable 3 7.5 (a 10x better and longer game than Fable 2 BTW, far better looking, far better playing, more challeging, far more secrets, better realised story etc)

Lost Odyssey 7.5

Blue Dragon 6.5

So, how have they "proven" anything ? All they have proven is that they dont play or likeRPGs and adventures, like at all

In fact, Gamespot right now is among my worst sites for reviews, coming in direct contrast to every single of my best games this generation, which of course means icant trust them in the lsightest, it is now worst than EDGE for me

Those scores don't prove that. For one video games are reviewed as more than just being excellent in their genre, they are reviewed as being complete games. Also to say they don't like games they gave a 7.-8.5 is ridicuolous. They certainly do, Kevin V has named lots of 7 to 8 range games he thinks are great and should be experienced if one can.

Also, disagreeing with a sites reviews isn't the same as that site being bad. That's not how it work, I don't always agree with gamespot but they write good reviews, engage the forums and justify their opinions which is all you can ask from for a good review. You not trusting them bcause they contrast your opinion isn't a reflection of them being poor, its just different opinions. They however haven't done anything to seriously damage their credibility, you have in the short time you've been here.

Also, I like linear games so long as the context is well implemented. Being linear isn't inherently bad. MGS4 getting a 10 isn't something I can argue, I don;t like MGS, never going to be the type of person who would review it with justice though being sub HD really isn't much of a big deal.