Is Crysis the greatest graphical benchmark? This game says no..[Pix!]

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

Technically, Crysis is second to none but Graphically? What you see on the screen despite how technical a game is undernearth..this game has got it beat in that area.

Photo-realism:[Check]

Some people seem to run to Crysis as their savior whenever graphics are mentioned, espcially cows, but especially hermits. I don't understand why cows aren't hyping this game more. It has the graphical prowess to install great confidence in them to the point where they can say 'Crysis is not as pretty'. I usally favor X360 but why deny facts? As a matter of fact, GT5 has to be the most realistic graphically. [No] I'm not joking with you, Gran Turismo has to be my favorite series of any series of games--Gran Turismo 3 is one of my favorite games of all time.

So my thread is not complete rant, I shall *WoW* you with non-naitive res. GT5 screens:

I mean sure, it has crap physics but it also has near perfect depictions of their real life scale models. If they do take in consideration the increased processing power of your beloved 'teh cell' then this game should play better than that awesome game that is Forza 2.

Since they where able to almost match their target render with KZ2, I'm going to go out on a not-so-narrow lemb here and say that this game will look ever better when finished and all the more better looking than Crysis.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Are those environments and models fully destructible? :P
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

I see a lot of jaggies and motion blur. No damage system of course the graphics are going to look great. If Forza 2 didn't have one I expect similar type graphics.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

IMO, it's a little more jagged than Crysis (omg teh jaggies!!!!11!), but the reason I think Crysis is considered such a great graphical benchmark is that unlike racers or games like Gears of War, it does not attempt to create minimalistic action in order to allow better visuals.

It looks great and it manages to have a large amount of action going on at the same time.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Is that gameplay or replay? Does it have massive explosions? Can I travel to everything shown? Yup, Crysis is still on top.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pro_wrestler

Are those environments and models fully destructible? :Pfoxhound_fox

Haha, could be..we don't know yet but do they have to be fully destructable to be photo realistic? No sir!

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
Erm... no one would use a driving game to benchmark... especially one that isn't coming on PC.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pro_wrestler

Is that gameplay or replay? Does it have massive explosions? Can I travel to everything shown? Yup, Crysis is still on top.Ibacai

I don't think that falls under photo-realism..but more of a technically feat.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Yeah, even discounting the nature of the smaller scale gameplay in comparison to Crysis, those images show far to much motion blur and slighty jagged up models for me to consider them superior to Crysis.
Avatar image for desktopdefender
desktopdefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 desktopdefender
Member since 2007 • 1415 Posts

Sombody post the real life vs crysis shots

then this thread is over

_S0LID_SNAKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _S0LID_SNAKE_
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
Hate to say it, but there's a lot of jags in those pics, and those textures are fugly.
4_Horsemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 4_Horsemen
Member since 2006 • 1401 Posts

Nice pics but until I see a video of these graphics. I remain skeptical. I don't think that Crysis graphics are all that btw. They look nice in sunny jungle areas but check out the ice stages. They don't look as good. Which leads me to believe that the Cry Engine is only good in certain scenarios. The UR3 looks great no matter what enviroment you see it depicted in. Can the same be said about the Cry Engine? We'll see...

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pro_wrestler

IMO, it's a little more jagged than Crysis (omg teh jaggies!!!!11!), but the reason I think Crysis is considered such a great graphical benchmark is that unlike racers or games like Gears of War, it does not attempt to create minimalistic action in order to allow better visuals.

It looks great and it manages to have a large amount of action going on at the same time.

Danm_999

Are you talking about Photo-realism or what features the game offers? Weather theres 10 car pile up or nice quiet driving sunday, its still realistic:P And those pics aren't native..Im not sure what res they original where captured.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Those pics look like they were poory downsized.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]Is that gameplay or replay? Does it have massive explosions? Can I travel to everything shown? Yup, Crysis is still on top.Pro_wrestler

I don't think that falls under photo-realism..but more of a technically feat.

The gameplay or replay question does, however you are correct that the other two questions do not.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pro_wrestler

Hate to say it, but there's a lot of jags in those pics, and those textures are fugly._S0LID_SNAKE_

"So my thread is not complete rant, I shall *WoW* you with non-naitive res. GT5 screens:"

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Pro_wrestler

Are you talking about Photo-realism or what features the game offers? Weather theres 10 car pile up or nice quiet driving sunday, its still realistic:P And those pics aren't native..Im not sure what res they original where captured.

Crysis is a graphical technical acheivement, this is not. I could make a game that takes place in a 2 foot by 2 foot room with nothing but photo realistic walls, but it's nothing compared to Crysis.

Devilwillcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Devilwillcry
Member since 2004 • 1976 Posts

Is that gameplay or replay? Does it have massive explosions? Can I travel to everything shown? Yup, Crysis is still on top.Ibacai

GT looks excellent for a racer but it is not on the same level as Crysis. I agree with you....and your sig is so hypnotizing.

_S0LID_SNAKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _S0LID_SNAKE_
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

[QUOTE="_S0LID_SNAKE_"]Hate to say it, but there's a lot of jags in those pics, and those textures are fugly.Pro_wrestler

"So my thread is not complete rant, I shall *WoW* you with non-naitive res. GT5 screens:"

Sorry :P
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pro_wrestler

Those pics look like they were poory downsized. Teufelhuhn

Yeah, they are the ones from here. If anyone can find the naitive ones that would be great:D

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Haha, could be..we don't know yet but do they have to be fully destructable to be photo realistic? No sir! Pro_wrestler

True, but Crysis's main claim to fame is not its graphics. It is it's massive, fully interactive and destructible environments that are the reason people are so hyped up about the game.
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Still doesn't look better than Crysis, plus more jaggies and blur.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pro_wrestler

then this thread is over

desktopdefender

I got some real life comparisons for you.

I mean sure its a replay:lol: but there are no added polys or specially effects other than specific camera movements. Kazunori Yamauchi said it himself.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pro_wrestler

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]Haha, could be..we don't know yet but do they have to be fully destructable to be photo realistic? No sir! foxhound_fox

True, but Crysis's main claim to fame is not its graphics. It is it's massive, fully interactive and destructible environments that are the reason people are so hyped up about the game.

:( I see you people won't let Crysis get dethrowned as the graphical king! We'll when Far Cry 2 comes out, Crysis will look like Far Cry Vengeance for the Wii. I will agree that Crysis is more of a spectacle with its massive scale!

Devilwillcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Devilwillcry
Member since 2004 • 1976 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]Haha, could be..we don't know yet but do they have to be fully destructable to be photo realistic? No sir! Pro_wrestler

:( I see you people won't let Crysis get dethrowned as the graphical king! We'll when Far Cry 2 comes out, Crysis will look like Far Cry Vengeance for the Wii. I will agree that Crysis is more of a spectacle with its massive scale!

Its ok you tried man..... you want a Sooda

/Family Guy quote

4_Horsemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 4_Horsemen
Member since 2006 • 1401 Posts

I'm raising the BS flag on these real life-video game comparisons of GT5. Where's the link for these *impressive* pics you are passing off as GT5 screens.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pro_wrestler
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]Haha, could be..we don't know yet but do they have to be fully destructable to be photo realistic? No sir! Devilwillcry

Its ok you tried man..... you want a Sooda

/Family Guy quote

Make sure its grape.

Are you trying to high-jack this thread? Well, high-jacking denied, GT5 is the only PS3 game Im anticipating and will be making the drop of $600 just for it. Now Im going to high-jack my own thread and say that Halo 3 has the best textures of any console game..notice I said console game and NOT CRYSIS...which is a PC game.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Why do people keep resizing then hosting pictures when they're available else where at a proper resolution?
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Are those environments and models fully destructible? :PPro_wrestler

Haha, could be..we don't know yet but do they have to be fully destructable to be photo realistic? No sir!

You could bloody mod those cars into Crysis, but they were not the enphasis , lots more time ouwld have been spent on those cars to get them to look like that, while the rest of it is slapped together.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
In my opinion Crysis just looks better.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Crysis looks better than just about everything, it's not only the look of the game but what's happening on a technical level which puts it in another league compared to the rest.

I don't agree with what you're saying, but at the same time I think GT is set to be the best looking racer so far this gen.

coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
No damage modeling in GT5 not to mention it looks like there are only going to be six cars racing atonce(that's what I counted in the trailer). Crysis has HUGE enviroments, huge draw distances, better particle effects, more advanced physics and AI. Not to mention I'd say GT5 barely beats out Crysis in realistic graphics, and I mean barely.Hmmm, I'd say I'm more impressed with Crysis in the graphics department all things considered.
Beowulf935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Beowulf935
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts

Also, none of these have blur unlike the GT5 replay pics.

/thread

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

we still don't know how the ezctual gameplay looks. that, and crysis has much more detailes surroundings and fully destructible....

why did you even try and why do you fall for sony's tricks?

Beowulf935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Beowulf935
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts

Nice pics but until I see a video of these graphics. I remain skeptical. I don't think that Crysis graphics are all that btw. They look nice in sunny jungle areas but check out the ice stages. They don't look as good. Which leads me to believe that the Cry Engine is only good in certain scenarios. The UR3 looks great no matter what enviroment you see it depicted in. Can the same be said about the Cry Engine? We'll see...

4_Horsemen

Still looks fantastic in the snow level.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

Ah ah ah!

No >_>

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

All it is, is cars driving on a track :lol:

Crysis has so much more going for it in the visual department.

Can console fanboys stop grasping for sticks, and trying to prove Crysis isnt the best looking game :roll:

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
Crysis > Anything else!
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
why dont people here get it into there heads that those are just re-play shots and are nopthing to shout about!!!?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Are those environments and models fully destructible? :Pfoxhound_fox

Doesn't matter.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts

Damn that looks f'n awesome!GT5 plus Burnout will satisfy my driving needs!

turaaggeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 turaaggeli
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts
PHAIL......
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

All it is, is cars driving on a track :lol:

Crysis has so much more going for it in the visual department.

Can console fanboys stop grasping for sticks, and trying to prove Crysis isnt the best looking game :roll:

skrat_01

i was about to say the same. When you consider how long to GT series has been going you would expect them to lead the way with car models and lighting. At least forza tried adding to racing genre instead of just pretty cars going round a track on rails. To vaguely relate back to the actual thread yes the F430 in GT looks alot more shiny than the hummer in Crysis, the difference is you can blow one of them to pieces.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

Wow this thread hit the uninformed fan in the first page. The GT 5 prologue screens have been resize. Thats why they look jaggy.

And some site will argue that GT 5 is the most realistic looking game out there for what it does.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

Wow this thread hit the uninformed fan in the first page. The GT 5 prologue screens have been resize. Thats why they look jaggy.

And some site will argue that GT 5 is the most realistic looking game out there for what it does.

Cedmln

the thing is 'what it does' started early last-gen; cars going round a track on rails with no damage.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Not saying this looks better, but Crysis can't stay the best forever.
naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 naughtydog360
Member since 2007 • 805 Posts

then this thread is over

desktopdefender

Sorry but I'm gonna have to own you

GT5

GT5 Developer said that if they needed to put Car damage they have to start from sketch ( something like that ), so he only added Bumper damage.

But the Cars looks Extremely realistic :)

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

marklarmer

the thing is 'what it does' started early last-gen; cars going round a track on rails with no damage.

Yes because you have and showed us all proof that GT 5 (The full game) won't have damage and all cars will drive on rails... Thank you for informing us...