Is 360 more Hardcore than PS3??

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

I know people are sick of the NPD numbers blah_blah already, But have you guys also looked at the software sales...

There is only2(other than MW2)ps3 games in the top 20 and its Assassins Creed2 at #8 and Uncharted2 at #20, these numbers are sure disapointments for Sony because it doesnt matter if your console is selling well but how much money your console makes for developers to continue to support it!!

I dont get it ps3 has grown in userbase yet they hardly sell any software, Whats the deal?

Seems like 360 is used as a hardcore gaming machine and ps3 as a blu-ray player....Anyone agree :question:

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

No.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

I agree with you.....I have PS3&360 and i use the 360 for games and the PS3 only for blu-ray player and some few good ps3 exclusive games.

The 360 is just a better overall product.........8)

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
yes, and in japan they use the 360 to fry some eggs with bacon....
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

If you think that only limiting your hardware to Call of Duty, Halo, and Madden is hardcore, then yeah I guess.

b1lal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 b1lal
Member since 2007 • 1122 Posts
they can be both hardcore just depends on the player.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Sales = sales =/= "hardcore". I don't get why people keep getting this notion.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kickinurass

If you think that only limiting your hardware to Call of Duty, Halo, and Madden is hardcore, then yeah I guess.

mD-

This may surprise you, but there are actually alot of other games on the 360 :o

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#9 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

People who have the software sales right in front of them and still deny that the PS3 is used mainly as a Blu-ray player are fanboys in complete denial.

scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 scarface_dm

mD-

The only one I like from those is Halo, and I basicly use my ps3 as a blu-ray player also which is Weird to say the least :?

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
The 360 is for games, the ps3 is for media
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50712 Posts

Hardcore is just a term people made up to make themselves feel special.

So neither...or both!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox

People who have the software sales right in front of them and still deny that the PS3 is used mainly as a Blu-ray player are fanboys in complete denial.

rp108
Someone is in denial, just not who you want to believe.
alskdjfhg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alskdjfhg1
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts

I know people are sick of the NPD numbers blah_blah already, But have you guys also looked at the software sales...

There is only2(other than MW2)ps3 games in the top 20 and its Assassins Creed2 at #8 and Uncharted2 at #20, these numbers are sure disapointments for Sony because it doesnt matter if your console is selling well but how much money your console makes for developers to continue to support it!!

I dont get it ps3 has grown in userbase yet they hardly sell any software, Whats the deal?

Seems like 360 is used as a hardcore gaming machine and ps3 as a blu-ray player....Anyone agree :question:

scarface_dm
That proves how hardcore ps3 owners are. They buy few games and excel at them instead of buying 50 and passing through on easy difficulty.
Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
Hardcore? How do you make that world not sound hotel-mexual. ( u know what i mean )
Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Flipyap28
Member since 2008 • 3865 Posts
[QUOTE="scarface_dm"]

alskdjfhg1
That proves how hardcore ps3 owners are. They buy few games and excel at them instead of buying 50 and passing through on easy difficulty.

Thats not an arugnment for games like uncharted being at #20, I dont see how sales of MW2 doing so well suggests we all go though it one easy and never play it again
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

The whole 360 has more games argument is really old. And it's pretty much not the case any more.

Going by Exclusives 360 has Gears, Halo, Fable, Left 4 Dead, and Forza etc. all amazing

PS3 has Killzone, Resistance, Little Big Planet, MAG, Uncharted, God of War, Demon's Souls etc. all amazing

I know I missed quite a few for both sides, but you really can't say "PS3 has no games" anymore. Both now have a great lineup of games, and for me I liked what I saw coming for the PS3, so that's why I bought it first.

And as far as more hardcore. Of course PS3 is, because it has the stronger hardware. Facts are Facts, doesn't mean it's the one you gotta get though.

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

If you think hardcore is a 13 year old yelling teh headshot ownage with whiny voice, then yes the 360 is hardcore.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
Sales = sales =/= "hardcore". I don't get why people keep getting this notion.PSdual_wielder
By his logic the Wii is the most hardcore system with the most hardcore games EVAR! :D
AdjacentLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AdjacentLives
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts

Console gamers aren't hardcore. In my eyes, hardcore players are the guys you see on Counter Strike Source who play almost as though they're hacking. Or WoW players who know every technical aspect to their character and raiding.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

scarface_dm

Where did you find the top 20 list? can u post the link

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
yes, and in japan they use the 360 to fry some eggs with bacon....Giancar
lol good one, they probably do it's like people think that US is the only place where people play videogames
scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scarface_dm

The whole 360 has more games argument is really old. And it's pretty much not the case any more.

Going by Exclusives 360 has Gears, Halo, Fable, Left 4 Dead, and Forza etc. all amazing

PS3 has Killzone, Resistance, Little Big Planet, MAG, Uncharted, God of War, Demon's Souls etc. all amazing

I know I missed quite a few for both sides, but you really can't say "PS3 has no games" anymore. Both now have a great lineup of games, and for me I liked what I saw coming for the PS3, so that's why I bought it first.

And as far as more hardcore. Of course PS3 is, because it has the stronger hardware. Facts are Facts, doesn't mean it's the one you gotta get though.

MrJack3690

When Did I say 360 is more hardcore because it has better games, you seem to misread my post :roll:

PS3 has had a ton of high quality games and yet ps3 owners refuse to buy them, there must be a reason to this....

In my Opinion Blu-Ray has hurt Sony because it looks like people soley bought the system for that instead of playing games

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

I guess you could say that, since the 360 versions usually sell ALOT more than their ps3 counter parts, which proves that people game more on the 360

scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scarface_dm

[QUOTE="Giancar"]yes, and in japan they use the 360 to fry some eggs with bacon....da_illest101
lol good one, they probably do it's like people think that US is the only place where people play videogames

I dont care about Japanese sales because Im not in Japan :|

and the only reason why 360 is selling so poor there is because they seem to be B.S.'d to western products which is B.S.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

That proves how hardcore XBOX360 owners are..............

BVCBCBV

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Flipyap28
[QUOTE="Giancar"]yes, and in japan they use the 360 to fry some eggs with bacon....da_illest101

Its like Japanese people are apprently superior to the rest of the world...
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

[QUOTE="MrJack3690"]

scarface_dm

When Did I say 360 is more hardcore because it has better games, you seem to misread my post :roll:

PS3 has had a ton of high quality games and yet ps3 owners refuse to buy them, there must be a reason to this....

In my Opinion Blu-Ray has hurt Sony because it looks like people soley bought the system for that instead of playing games

I'm not talkin about you haha, I just meant people in general need to stop saying that.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox

Panosola

Not the word I'd use for it.

RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

not really. and on another note i've been noticing a trend with all my friends that have 360's after they bought ps3's they stop playing 360 one of my friends 360 is so dusty its not white anymore its brown

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
[QUOTE="Flipyap28"][QUOTE="alskdjfhg1"][QUOTE="scarface_dm"]

Thats not an arugnment for games like uncharted being at #20, I dont see how sales of MW2 doing so well suggests we all go though it one easy and never play it again

I'LL say it again, MW2 is the Wii of fps's. I know of 2 house wifes that play it, and want even give a good try with Socom or KZ2 cause they can't get no kills lol. Literally Mw2 is just that, the Wii of fps's.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

MrJack3690

Man, its a fact 360 has about 300 more games than PS3. Also you said PS3 is more powerfull. Thats the opinion part ;)

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Giancar

[QUOTE="da_illest101"][QUOTE="Giancar"]yes, and in japan they use the 360 to fry some eggs with bacon....scarface_dm

I dont care about Japanese sales because Im not in Japan :|

and the only reason why 360 is selling so poor there is because they seem to be B.S.'d to western products which is B.S.

and I am not from NA, neither the internet...=/
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Giancar

BVCBCBV

Panosola

sometimes I really think you are a fakeboy

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I agree with you.....I have PS3&360 and i use the 360 for games and the PS3 only for blu-ray player and some few good ps3 exclusive games.

Panosola

Don't you ever get bored repeating the same thing over and over?

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kickinurass

Console gamers aren't hardcore. In my eyes, hardcore players are the guys you see on Counter Strike Source who play almost as though they're hacking. Or WoW players who know every technical aspect to their character and raiding.

AdjacentLives

Anyone can be hardcore. It's more of a way of describing a person than a game.

Check out competitive pokemon battling scene at sites such as Smogon. They've taken apart the game and extracted every useful bit of information - at the highest levels its more of a game of number crunching and spreadsheets than actual battling.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts
In terms of physical power, PS3 is more durable and heavier. So no. In terms of games, MGS4, Valkria Chronicles and Demon's Souls are some of the more hardcore games on consoles. On 360, Fable maybe...? Of course, what we have to define here is the meaning of hardcore.
Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Flipyap28
[QUOTE="Flipyap28"][QUOTE="alskdjfhg1"] That proves how hardcore ps3 owners are. They buy few games and excel at them instead of buying 50 and passing through on easy difficulty. GreyFoXX4

I'LL say it again, MW2 is the Wii of fps's. I know of 2 house wifes that play it, and want even give a good try with Socom or KZ2 cause they can't get no kills lol. Literally Mw2 is just that, the Wii of fps's.

Just because the game is accessible to Casual gamers, this does not mean it doesn't appeal to hardcore gamers. I would say it is pretty sad for "hardcore" gamers to avoid these.... and what about Assasin's Creed 2?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

And TC have yet to answer my questuion.. how did you know the top 20 list? post the link or i'll take it you just posted uncharted 2 was 20 on your own

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

Hardcore is just a term people made up to make themselves feel special.Chutebox

This right here...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Panosola"]

topgunmv

Don't you ever get bored repeating the same thing over and over?

he reminds me of Saolin....it's not him is it?
BlackTragedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BlackTragedy
Member since 2009 • 1830 Posts

wow thats a terrible argument.

2 words: Demons souls

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Man, its a fact 360 has about 300 more games than PS3. Also you said PS3 is more powerfull. Thats the opinion part ;)

PAL360

Based on Wikipedia (which could admittedly be wrong and does include unreleased games for both platforms... but if anyone has another more comprehensive source then am open to it) there are ~160 more games on the 360 than the PS3...

Which either means the standard for qualifying as a fact has apparently dropped considerably... of your statement is in fact not a fact....

scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 scarface_dm

And TC have yet to answer my questuion.. how did you know the top 20 list? post the link or i'll take it you just posted uncharted 2 was 20 on your own

finalstar2007

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6137

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

2 words: Demons souls

BlackTragedy

5 words: DoDonPachi Daioujou Black Label Extra

Anyways, in what I believe "hardcore" is I think they're about equal.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts
[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"][QUOTE="Flipyap28"] Thats not an arugnment for games like uncharted being at #20, I dont see how sales of MW2 doing so well suggests we all go though it one easy and never play it againFlipyap28

Just because the game is accessible to Casual gamers, this does not mean it doesn't appeal to hardcore gamers. I would say it is pretty sad for "hardcore" gamers to avoid these.... and what about Assasin's Creed 2?

It's sad cos its true. AC definitely goes down this road. Too easy, gets boring too quick and too many noobs on it.
scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 scarface_dm

heres another site that says Uncharted2 didnt even make the top 20 which is even more sad:?

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/12/11/news-uncharted-2-fails-to-make-npd-top-20.aspx