Into the Breach gets free update, GS updates score to 10/10!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45113 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/into-the-breach-advanced-edition-review-a-mechanized-masterpiece/1900-6416865/

Story: https://kotaku.com/into-the-breach-advanced-edition-best-squads-switch-pc-1849328891

Into the Breach received a kaiju-sized free update last week, formally called Into the Breach: Advanced Edition. It essentially added an entire game on top of the existing base game, which was already one of the best tactical RPGs ever. In other words: RIP my social life.

Developed by the makers of FTL: Faster Than Light, Into the Breach is basically Pacific Rim: The Game. Giant insects threaten the planet. To fight them, you control a trio of mechs, each of whom have unique abilities, directing them in turn-based combat around a gridded battlefield. There are roguelike systems, too: At the end of each run, win or lose, you can start a new one with one of your three mech pilots, who would’ve leveled up and earned randomized stat-boosting passive abilities along the way..

Wow.. I've had this game on my Switch forever.. may be time to finally playing it lol. Thoughts, SW? Have you played Into the Breach? Gonna give it a whirl with this update?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Can't wait for the re-review of Halo: Infinite when co-op and forge are fully implemented, 15/10 on lock baby!! ;o

Yeah right, won't be holding my breath for GS to do that for an Xbox game. :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic

@SecretPolice said:

Can't wait for the re-review of Halo: Infinite when co-op and forge are fully implemented, 15/10 on lock baby!! ;o

Yea, you should give up on Halo. While you're at it, take down the 10 ft Master Chief statue in your living room.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Into The Breach is a very good game. The intro is probably one of the coolest in a while. FTL is probably one of my favorite games too. People NEED to play these games

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic

@goldenelementxl said:

Into The Breach is a very good game. The intro is probably one of the coolest in a while. FTL is probably one of my favorite games too. People NEED to play these games

You should start a social media campaign to get people to play it.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11291 Posts

Daily reminder that 10 on Switch is a 7 on proper systems.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Some one is butthurt a 1 Tflop machine has much better games than a 9 tflop machine lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SecretPolice
@SolidGame_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:

Yea, you should give up on Halo. While you're at it, take down the 10 ft Master Chief statue in your living room.

:P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Lol.

The rationalization why Switch (and in this case, also PC) libraries decimate the PoS5 library never get old.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mozelleple112

@x_hedon: There isn't a single game on Switch remotely close to the quality of The Last of Us 2, Elden Ring, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War or Metal Gear Solid 5. The flops don't matter.

It's literally in last place.

Edit: Ahead of xbox of course, but yeah.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mozelleple112

@Maroxad:

Total game libraries PC > PS5 >>> Xbox > Switch

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KvallyX

@Mozelleple112 said:

@x_hedon: There isn't a single game on Switch remotely close to the quality of The Last of Us 2, Elden Ring, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War or Metal Gear Solid 5. The flops don't matter.

It's literally in last place.

Edit: Ahead of xbox of course, but yeah.

Switch is miles ahead of the PS5. Absolutely demolishing it in sales, games and critic scores. RIP PS5.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

Still need to play this game, got it for free on the Epic game store.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KvallyX
@Maroxad said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Lol.

The rationalization why Switch libraries decimate the PoS5 library never get old.

This is true. AND sales. Switch is just TROUNCING the PS5 in every aspect outside of flops 😂

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mozelleple112

@x_hedon: Funny. If you combine the Switch and Xbox into one machine and library, you'd get a machine that can compete with the PS5. Upsetting isn't it?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KvallyX

@Mozelleple112 said:

@x_hedon: Funny. If you combine the Switch and Xbox into one machine and library, you'd get a machine that can compete with the PS5. Upsetting isn't it?

So you are upset that Switch is just TROUNCING the PS5 in every aspect outside of flops. Let's stay on topic here.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58968 Posts

A digit higher than 9.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

But, it got 10 on PC.😐

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maroxad
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Maroxad:

Total game libraries PC > PS5 >>> Xbox > Switch

Objectively speaking when it comes to libraries.

PC >>>>> Switch >>> PoS5 > Xbox

This masterclass game of a roguelite just helped further cement that, and that is not all. The Switch got another high scoring exclusive just today!

It also helps the Switch that the system isn't made completely redundant by PC.

I would still say the Xbox is a better console though than the PoS5, because at least the Series X has what is by far the best deal in gaming.

PoS5 is simply put irredeemably bad at this point, it has nothing going for it. Aside from looking pretty at a landfill.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@Maroxad said:

Objectively speaking

That is not objective.😂

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maroxad
@Pedro said:
@Maroxad said:

Objectively speaking

That is not objective.😂

I am basing this on high scoring games on Metacritic. I could use OpenCritic as well, but the results would most likely be more or less the same. Either way, I am being as objective as I can when you deal with what ultimately will be a subjective thing.

The Switch Library of games that could be considered worthwhile is considerably larger than the PoS5 and Xbox, on a per year basis. But is still dwarfed by the PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pedro

@Maroxad said:

I am basing this on high scoring games on Metacritic.

The Switch Library is considerably larger than the PoS5 and Xbox, on a per year basis. But is still dwarfed by the PC.

Metacritic is made up of subjective reviews. You are using subjective content to make an objective claim? 🤔

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Maroxad
@Pedro said:
@Maroxad said:

I am basing this on high scoring games on Metacritic.

The Switch Library is considerably larger than the PoS5 and Xbox, on a per year basis. But is still dwarfed by the PC.

Metacritic is made up of subjective reviews. You are using subjective content to make an objective claim? 🤔

It is an objective fact that the Switch gets more high scoring games than both of its competing consoles get on a year per year basis. Which in turn is also dwarfed by what the PC gets.

The metric has its flaws, but it is empirically demonstrable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@Maroxad said:

It is an objective fact that the Switch gets more high scoring games than both of its competing consoles get on a year per year basis. Which in turn is also dwarfed by what the PC gets.

Based on subjective evaluation. Making your claim that it is objective fact misleading at best or just plain false.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Maroxad
@Pedro said:
@Maroxad said:

Based on subjective evaluation. Making your claim that it is objective fact misleading at best or just plain false.

It is the best metric we currently have available, as it is one of the least prone to statistical bias (but not open enough to be susceptible to review bombing).

This is getting a bit off topic. But the fact remains, that the switch library on a year by year basis gets more high well recieved games than its competitors. And the person I was talking to was talking about libraries.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Maroxad

This dev is really talented, 2 excellent games in a row. FTL, and Into The Breach are some of the best games of the genre. Making good use of its roguelite format.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

Lol 3 years too late. Been playing this since 2018 on PC. Can't believe it took you this long to play this.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@pclover1980 said:

Lol 3 years too late. Been playing this since 2018 on PC. Can't believe it took you this long to play this.

Did you even read the article? There's an update to the game... that just came out now.. in 2022.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KvallyX

@Maroxad said:
@Pedro said:
@Maroxad said:

It is the best metric we currently have available, as it is one of the least prone to statistical bias (but not open enough to be susceptible to review bombing).

This is getting a bit off topic. But the fact remains, that the switch library on a year by year basis gets more high well recieved games than its competitors. And the person I was talking to was talking about libraries.

No, the best metric is each individual opinion.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Yeah, that's why I'm telling you you're 3 years too late. Game was always good, and the update just made the game more awesome.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maroxad

@x_hedon said:

That is definately the best metric for the individual. Overall, and when debating however, I prefer something a bit more aggregate.

The best thing one can do for reviews is find a likeminded reviewer or individual and go by their recommendation.

For this game, it is probably the essential Roguelite. It makes by far the best use of the genre's strengths, while avoiding weaknesses that have been plaguing it.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KvallyX

@Maroxad said:
@x_hedon said:

For this game, it is probably the essential Roguelite. It makes by far the best use of the genre's strengths, while avoiding weaknesses that have been plaguing it.

That is true.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@Maroxad said:

You can try to dance around the fact that you are using a known subjective measurement to falsely make an objective claim. It doesn't matter if it is the best metric or not, the metric you are using is subjective. This makes any usage of said metric subjective by default.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I have this game, it's a good game ... a great one actually, but i don't know why this update would turn it into a 10 ... i mean it added new units and challenges, would that mean that the original review took out points for not having enough units ? It feels like an Editor in Chief was being salty that his favorite game, didn't got a 10 in the first place.

I don't know, i find this extremely biased, under that premise, why Hollow Knight didn't received an updated score with all the free DLCs that it got, that added new Bosses and challenges?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44175 Posts

Interesting. May have look into this game a bit myself if I can find the time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

I own Into the Breach on GoG for a very long time, but never got around to playing it. It came out several years ago but I had no idea it got an update.

@SecretPolice said:

I don't see why not? When a missing feature doesn't make it on time, they normally get a re-review.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice

@davillain said:

I own Into the Breach on GoG for a very long time, but never got around to playing it. It came out several years ago but I had no idea it got an update.

@SecretPolice said:

I don't see why not? When a missing feature doesn't make it on time, they normally get a re-review.

Okay but it better get it's much deserved, first evah, GS score of 15/10? lol :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Why pay to play it on Switch it was designed for smartphones and tablets and is free on those if people have an active Netflix account.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Maroxad

@Pedro said:
@Maroxad said:

You can try to dance around the fact that you are using a known subjective measurement to falsely make an objective claim. It doesn't matter if it is the best metric or not, the metric you are using is subjective. This makes any usage of said metric subjective by default.

Dancing or just trying to avoid derailing the thread on an epistemological debate? Which is irrelevent to not only to the topic but SW in general.

But the fact that the switch has more high scoring games and get more high scoring games per year, is an objective fact.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@Maroxad said:

Dancing or just trying to avoid derailing the thread on an epistemological debate? Which is irrelevent to not only to the topic but SW in general.

But the fact that the switch has more high scoring games and get more high scoring games per year, is an objective fact.

Avoid derailing the thread? You already have and continue to. I am just pointing out your claim of objective fact is false.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Maroxad

@Pedro The objective fact I stated can be independently verified. Have a good day.

@lamprey263 said:

Why pay to play it on Switch it was designed for smartphones and tablets and is free on those if people have an active Netflix account.

It plays even better on PC. The phone versions are very recent. But the game is a blast no matter where you play it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@Maroxad: Still not an objective fact no matter how many times you repeat it.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#43 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@Maroxad: I love how people here support their arguments like a 13 yo writing their first ever essay. "The fact is an objective fact". Rofl.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Maroxad
@Pedro said:

Let us just agree that my original wording was terrible

It is not an objective fact that the switch library is better than the PS5 or series x library (as this does fall under subjective opinions). HOWEVER it is an objective fact that the Switch Library has more high scoring games on a year by year basis.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro
@Maroxad said:
@Pedro said:

Let us just agree that my original wording was terrible

It is not an objective fact that the switch library is better than the PS5 or series x library (as this does fall under subjective opinions). HOWEVER it is an objective fact that the Switch Library has more high scoring games on a year by year basis.

That would be absolutely correct.👍🏽

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic

@davillain said:

@SecretPolice said:

I think it’s time you play it! You love older games anyway.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

The score is well-deserved. The update basically doubles the number of playable teams in the game, and adds a heap of interesting new enemies, scenarios and mechanics.

The game was already a masterpiece, and this update makes it even better.

Also, LOL at people who think the PS5's barren library somehow competes with the Switch!

(Then again, I may regret typing this when The Last Of Us: Remastered: Remastered comes out later this year)

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

That free game that I got on Epic got a free update that scored a 10? Yay PC! 👍