Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine is now available on GoG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

https://www.gog.com/game/indiana_jones_and_the_infernal_machine

The year is 1947. The Nazis have been crushed, the Cold War has begun and Soviet agents are sniffing around the ruins of the fabled Tower of Babel. What are they up to? The CIA recruits renowned archeologist and adventurer, Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, to find out. Grab your whip and fedora and join Indy in an epic globe-spanning race in search of the mysterious "Infernal Machine."

• Experience an action-adventure epic starring Indiana Jones.
  • Whip, leap, run, swim and crawl your way through amazing 3D environments.
  • Puzzle your way through 17 chapters of a gripping, action-packed story.
  • Explore dozens of exotic locales, from the mysterious ruins of Babylon to the labyrinths of the Nubian kings.
  • Choose all the weapons you'll ever want, including post-WWII-era assault rifles, Red-Army machine guns, bazookas, satchel charges and, of course, Indy's trusty whip and pistol.
  • Outwit enemies including Communist goons, strange monsters, robot guardians and more.

If you like old Tomb Raider style gameplay with Indiana Jones play this awesome game.(Used to play the disc 1 a lot since the second disc that I had back in the day was broken :) )

Edit: Heres a gameplay video I found on the internet for the second level of the game.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

So... the original Uncharted?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

why don't you post a clip of gameplay since you're suggesting the title, that's usually how it goes or does the actual game play like complete dog sh!t?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
@MonsieurX said:

So... the original Uncharted?

Either it's this or that Emperor's Tomb game.(Which had a great hand 2 hand combat)

@tgob89 said:

why don't you post a clip of gameplay since you're suggesting the title, that's usually how it goes or does the actual game play like complete dog sh!t?

added the gameplay video. Thought saying Old Tomb Raider style is enough.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Thanks but no thanks. I like the Indiana Jones movies but I could never get into the games, (but the Lego version was fun however) and I started with original Tomb Raider as my personal Indiana Jones in the video games realm anyways.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Aside from shitty combat, it's a pretty great game,. with some well thought level design and puzzles.

Pretty much the definition of forgotten gem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@uninspiredcup: I think the main problem was the release date. It released the time when the popularity of TR games were dying.It also didn't have a PS1 version(Which had main audience of this genre)

Another problem was this that They finished the Nintendo 64 version too late.(But imo it's quite a great achievement that Factor 5 managed to fit the game into a 64 MB catridge. Core design claimed that it was impossible to see Tomb Raider on Nintendo 64 but Factor 5 proved them wrong)

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I was gonna say I thought this has been on GOG for quite some time, but that's Emperor's Tomb.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

I remember this being a pretty underwhelming game at the time. It was widely regarded as a Tomb Raider rip-off with an Indiana Jones character model which the developers lamely justified by saying, "Indiana Jones was the original Tomb Raider. We're just steeling it back!" Not that Tomb Raider was a particularly good game in the first place.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
@dzimm said:

I remember this being a pretty underwhelming game at the time. It was widely regarded as a Tomb Raider rip-off with an Indiana Jones character model which the developers lamely justified by saying, "Indiana Jones was the original Tomb Raider. We're just steeling it back!" Not that Tomb Raider was a particularly good game in the first place.

The Indian Jones games pre-date Tomb Raider as well. The elements in this game, while influenced by Tomb Raider, are completely in line with the previous adventure games focus on puzzle solving. It's a natural evolution.

Loading Video...

The level design themselves are generally constructed better than later Tomb Raider titles.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup
@dorog1995 said:

@uninspiredcup: I think the main problem was the release date. It released the time when the popularity of TR games were dying.It also didn't have a PS1 version(Which had main audience of this genre)

Another problem was this that They finished the Nintendo 64 version too late.(But imo it's quite a great achievement that Factor 5 managed to fit the game into a 64 MB catridge. Core design claimed that it was impossible to see Tomb Raider on Nintendo 64 but Factor 5 proved them wrong)

Yep. The N64 version has a slight graphics update (while downgrading textures) and adds a lock-on feature from Ocarina Of The Time. The game look better at lower res as it softens the image, these games weren't designed for HD and generally look worse with it's sharp right angles imo.

I've been playing abit over the weakend, on level 5 or 18 levels, and yea, they are pretty huge and intricate, without being overwhelming. Proper hand-crafted stuff that doesn't treat the player like a dumb dumb. Overall, a solid game that's aged great, more so than something like No One Lives Forever, which I also played recently, and was just plain bad.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Looks better than the new Tomb Raider.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

Damn I remember playing that back in the day but I was shit at it.

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

I was gonna say I thought this has been on GOG for quite some time, but that's Emperor's Tomb.

How is Emperor's Tomb on GoG? I've been wanting to play it for a while but wasn't sure if it ran on Windows 10 ok.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 uninspiredcup
@moistcarrot said:

How's the emporor

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

How is Emperor's Tomb on GoG? I've been wanting to play it for a while but wasn't sure if it ran on Windows 10 ok.

Wasn't even aware this existed until it popped up on GOG.

Works fine on windows 10, both games had some work getting the control pad to work, but nothing too taxing.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Moistcarrot

@uninspiredcup said:
@moistcarrot said:

How's the emporor

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Works fine on windows 10, both games had some work getting the control pad to work, but nothing too taxing.

What did you use to get the controller working? Can you just plug it in and map the controls in the game menu?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup
@moistcarrot said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@moistcarrot said:

How's the emporor

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

What did you use to get the controller working? Can you just plug it in and map the controls in the game menu?

Infernal Machine has several auto-mappings including Xbox360. No mapping required here, pad some cheapo third party.

Can't remember ET, tbh.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Moistcarrot

@uninspiredcup said:
@moistcarrot said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@moistcarrot said:

How's the emporor

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Infernal Machine has several auto-mappings including Xbox360. No mapping required here, pad some cheapo third party.

Can't remember ET, tbh.

Ah ok

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uninspiredcup

Fun fact - Infernal Machines story was originally going to involve aliens but George Lucas wouldn't let them as he wanted to use that plot-line on a potential future project.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@davillain- said:

Thanks but no thanks. I like the Indiana Jones movies but I could never get into the games, (but the Lego version was fun however) and I started with original Tomb Raider as my personal Indiana Jones in the video games realm anyways.

If you care about great stories in video games, recommend you to check this game out since it's story is better than tomb raider games.

@uninspiredcup said:

Fun fact - Infernal Machines story was originally going to involve aliens but George Lucas wouldn't let them as he wanted to use that plot-line on a potential future project.

yeah. And funny some stuff in the forth movie are inspired from this game.(Like one booby trap from that secret level return to Peru)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup

Personally, wouldn't say it's as good as Tomb Raider 2. I've noticed some glaring flaws replaying, particularly Palawan Lagoon where the game breaks it's own logic.

e.g. the boat causes you to die multiple times trying to pick up a key by drowning with no escape, only to learn the hammer that doesn't work on the other padlock, suddenly works on the underwater one.

And then when you open the underwater Tomb door, you are suppose to randomly guess to use the hammer to take the properer so you can wedge open the door, when you already have a machete.

And prior to that you come across cob-webs, when you have a lighter, that was used to burn things before, that suddenly, doesn't.

You can only use the propeller to open the door once, then without explanation it disappears from your inventory and you have to push buttons, making you waste more air time under water.

Donno if this was a B-team who designed this particular level, but it's not up to scratch with the prior (excellent) ones. Definitely didn't enjoy this one, swimming sections in general are ass.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@dorog1995 said:
@davillain- said:

If you care about great stories in video games, recommend you to check this game out since it's story is better than tomb raider games.

I guess it couldn't hurt to try it out for only $6 bucks after all. If the game turns out to be fun, I'll let you know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@uninspiredcup said:

Personally, wouldn't say it's as good as Tomb Raider 2. I've noticed some glaring flaws replaying, particularly Palawan Lagoon where the game breaks it's own logic.

e.g. the boat causes you to die multiple times trying to pick up a key by drowning with no escape, only to learn the hammer that doesn't work on the other padlock, suddenly works on the underwater one.

And then when you open the underwater Tomb door, you are suppose to randomly guess to use the hammer to take the properer so you can wedge open the door, when you already have a machete.

And prior to that you come across cob-webs, when you have a lighter, that was used to burn things before, that suddenly, doesn't.

You can only use the propeller to open the door once, then without explanation it disappears from your inventory and you have to push buttons, making you waste more air time under water.

Donno if this was a B-team who designed this particular level, but it's not up to scratch with the prior (excellent) ones. Definitely didn't enjoy this one, swimming sections in general are ass.

Well imo try to enjoy it, In that level when I was a kid I stuck because I didn't see that machete.(Took me a while to find it and prior to that I find that airplane that I couldn't take out it's wedge)

For underwater section I just used 9-10 of my Heath items for that.(Since I didn't knew about that other hatch)

Imo don't mind it that much play the game and enjoy it.(You will get to far worse levels in the last section of the game I personally didn't like the last 2 levels)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uninspiredcup
@dorog1995 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Well imo try to enjoy it, In that level when I was a kid I stuck because I didn't see that machete.(Took me a while to find it and prior to that I find that airplane that I couldn't take out it's wedge)

For underwater section I just used 9-10 of my Heath items for that.(Since I didn't knew about that other hatch)

Imo don't mind it that much play the game and enjoy it.(You will get to far worse levels in the last section of the game I personally didn't like the last 2 levels)

They are? Guess you got further as a kid. :)

I couldn't get past the first ice-monster boss because I was too dumb to figure out you had to do more than shoot it haha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@uninspiredcup: Well I also got a lot of hints from my cousin Since I was too young to found out everything myself I originally didn't knew that holding shift will make indy run, you can push/pull objects and I also feared to play the second level since it had human enemies.(Took me few years before I found the guts to play it.and my cousin also passed level 2 and 3 for me but I didn't get pass more than that for some years.)

I feared to play the forth level since I also feared from ice monsters.(Spiders were also pretty creepy)

After years when I finally played levels 2 & 3 And beating the forth level for the first time(Which was quite an achievement since it had a hard puzzle) I also got stuck in that part too since I also thought that I should shoot 200 bullets to kill that.

I finished this game last year when I finally managed to get an unbroken second disc.(Since I couldn't play it pass the level 7)

Really too much good memory I have with this game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 uninspiredcup

@dorog1995: There's something to be said about using your own wits. Nowadays the vast majority of games are so streamlined, so accommodating that you don't really get any highs or lows.