in game xmb 4 ps3 is weeks away. xbox lost its edge. ps3 win

This topic is locked from further discussion.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 virtuas
Member since 2007 • 1312 Posts

now that the xmb for the ps3 is weeks away, ps3 and xbox will pretty much be the same except that the ps3 will be free. Some would think its a little late nontheless its coming. The debate at who has better online service will finally be over with because we all know ps3 will be better because its free. with gas price going up, we could sure use that 54 buck for gas.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
How does XMB make the two the same? Have you ever actually used xbox live? :|
theflash118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 theflash118
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts
It ain't in your PS3 yet so keep waiting
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

Come back and say that when Sony gives everyone who owns a PS3 a Microphone/Headset.

Until then it sucks.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
In-game XMB is a good improvement, but its nowhere near enough to get PSN in the same ranks as XBL:lol: Try harder.
Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts
Ah right I see your logic here. As soon as MS/Sony get motion sensing technology in their systems its over for the Wii! Oh wait....:roll:

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 virtuas

Come back and say that when Sony gives everyone who owns a PS3 a Microphone/Headset.

Until then it sucks.

Relys

is this the best you can do now. mic and headset isnt everything, especially when u several mickey mouse voices while your playing

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
come back when 2.4 is confirmed all its list of enhancements is confirmed, when more then 1% of psn users have a mic, and when 2.4 actually works right.
highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 highlander0659
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts

How does XMB make the two the same? Have you ever actually used xbox live? :|Ninja-Hippo

I have both a PS3 and 360 and basically that's the main difference. Among other things, things that have been reported to be in this update. So the 360 will be behind. It's like flushing money down the toilet paying for XBox live. I'm not going to renew my Live subscription after this.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
dude this flame bait was not needed
Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

come back when 2.4 is confirmed all its list of enhancements is confirmed, when more then 1% of psn users have a mic, and when 2.4 actually works right.WilliamRLBaker

Considering 400k bought Warhawk with the headset, and therefore at least have that bluetooth headset, it's more than 1%. And alot of people have headsets, after playing a while in Call of Duty 4 quite a few people have headsets. Less than XBL, but people still have it.

highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 highlander0659

Until then it sucks.

Relys

Why don't you tell Microsoft to allow third party microphones/headsets? I use my verizion Jabra and it works just fine on the PS3. You can't do that with the 360 or use other HDDs for that matter.

Until the 360 deals with that it sucks... WORSE.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
come back when 2.4 is confirmed all its list of enhancements is confirmed, when more then 1% of psn users have a mic, and when 2.4 actually works right.WilliamRLBaker
1 percent of ps3 owners have a mic hahaha:lol: u funny
virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 virtuas

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]How does XMB make the two the same? Have you ever actually used xbox live? :|highlander0659

I have both a PS3 and 360 and basically that's the main difference. Among other things, things that have been reported to be in this update. So the 360 will be behind. It's like flushing money down the toilet paying for XBox live. I'm not going to renew my Live subscription after this.

well one guy here said it wont be better because we lack headset, we here is an idea, we can always use the 54 bucks that we save for a headset. headset inst everything unless ur that annoying person that likes to say racist things online

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]How does XMB make the two the same? Have you ever actually used xbox live? :|highlander0659

:lol: just more bandwidth for us users, I have my xbox live paid up till 2009 and will pay for another 4-5 years once that runs up cause xbox live is superior to psn in every way, I've not got on psn since resistance and warhawk even then only for a short time each day.

you've yet to see if the list is confirmed or not and your sure talking alot of smack.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
[QUOTE="Relys"]

Until then it sucks.

virtuas

is this the best you can do now. mic and headset isnt everything, especially when u several mickey mouse voices while your playing

If that is the best you can do then that is a piss poor excuse as well. Standard headsets >>>>>>>> no standard headset.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

How is a Mic contribute to better online experience? Voice is just an add-on, just like the many things the 360 has. I agree, after XMB the 360 doesn't have a chance for the better online.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't say that right

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]come back when 2.4 is confirmed all its list of enhancements is confirmed, when more then 1% of psn users have a mic, and when 2.4 actually works right.stereointegrity
1 percent of ps3 owners have a mic hahaha:lol: u funny

the entire time I played warhawk I met 2 people with a mic...so yeah...

P.S: comeback when psn has more 12 million users like xbox live.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sirk1264

How so everything that is coming in the update is already integrated in Xbox Live. everything that PSN has is already in live. When 2.4 update comes, everything that psn will have will still be in Live. PSN is still playing catch up. While it is improving, its still not better than LIVE.

theflash118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 theflash118
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts

How is a Mic contribute to better online experience? Voice is just an add-on, just like the many things the 360 has. I agree, after XMB the 360 doesn't have a chance for better online experience.JIT93

Voice chat doesn't help online coop games?

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazzaB

How is a Mic contribute to better online experience? Voice is just an add-on, just like the many things the 360 has. I agree, after XMB the 360 doesn't have a chance for better online experience.JIT93

So add-ons doesnt contribute to making a better online experience, yet the PS3 getting in-game XMB does? Contradiction FTW:| In-game XMB is not needed to play online, its just another "add on" as you said.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WilliamRLBaker
LoL the cow dmg control is strong in this thread.

but but but but the mic means nothing who wants a mic? i dont wanna be able to talk to my team mates, and meet friends, I talk enough in the day when i go online i just wanna bungle around and make no complex strategies with team mates, I dont wanna be able to tell the flag carrier im behind him with a vehicle to take him to the capture point.

Mic is just a addon.

(addon odd its standard on xbox live and 360)
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sirk1264

How is a Mic contribute to better online experience? Voice is just an add-on, just like the many things the 360 has. I agree, after XMB the 360 doesn't have a chance for the better online.

JIT93

Headsets add more strategy to a game. See PS only users are not used to headsets. Xbox owners have had headsets for a while since the original Xbox. Communicating with your team say in Halo 3 can sometimes lead you to victory over the other team because you are using strategy with your teammates over Xbox Live. Its sad that games like UT3 don't have headset capability. Very few users use them in RFOM and that game has no strategy at all.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GazzaB

but but but but the mic means nothing who wants a mic? i dont wanna be able to talk to my team mates, and meet friends, I talk enough in the day when i go online i just wanna bungle around and make no complex strategies with team mates, I dont wanna be able to tell the flag carrier im behind him with a vehicle to take him to the capture point.

Mic is just a addon.

(addon odd its standard on xbox live and 360)WilliamRLBaker

And you can bet your left foot, the day Sony announce headsets bundled with PS3, cows will rejoice, and another 100 threads will pop up saying how this now makes PSN better than XBL. Pretty pathetic.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sirk1264

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]LoL the cow dmg control is strong in this thread.

Mic is just a addon.

(addon odd its standard on xbox live and 360)GazzaB

And you can bet your left foot, the day Sony announce headsets bundled with PS3, cows will rejoice, and another 100 threads will pop up saying how this now makes PSN better than XBL. Pretty pathetic.

That is pretty pathetic but what can you expect. They have been playing catchup since the generation started :P

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 virtuas
[QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="Relys"]

Until then it sucks.

sirk1264

how about you paying 54bucks makes xbox inferior now. mic is an option we choose to hav. 54 dollars is mandatory to play online

If that is the best you can do then that is a piss poor excuse as well. Standard headsets >>>>>>>> no standard headset.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JIT93
[QUOTE="JIT93"]

sirk1264

Headsets add more strategy to a game. See PS only users are not used to headsets. Xbox owners have had headsets for a while since the original Xbox. Communicating with your team say in Halo 3 can sometimes lead you to victory over the other team because you are using strategy with your teammates over Xbox Live. Its sad that games like UT3 don't have headset capability. Very few users use them in RFOM and that game has no strategy at all.

But ever since I got games with mic compatible, they don't really use the mics for strategy, they either talk about their life or troll to other players. This is from PSN though, so idk about XBL

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

Until then it sucks.

Relys
you can always use your ps2 headsets for your ps3. Problem solved
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sirk1264
[QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="JIT93"]

JIT93

But ever since I got games with mic compatible, they don't really use the mics for strategy, they either talk about their life or troll to other players. This is from PSN though, so idk about XBL

I know what you mean though cause i've heard that over and over again. Its the reason why i don't use a headset when playing on PSN. No one uses it for the reason that its supposed to be used. Instead they are just saying F you or stfu or something like that.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 virtuas

Mic is just a addon.

(addon odd its standard on xbox live and 360)WilliamRLBaker

now that ps3 is going to have xmb, ppl are just nit picking now. why dont you just admit that ps3 will surpass xbox in online exp. i wish you luck paying for 54 bucks while i use my 54 bucks to purchase MGS4

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JIT93
[QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="JIT93"]

sirk1264

I know what you mean though cause i've heard that over and over again. Its the reason why i don't use a headset when playing on PSN. No one uses it for the reason that its supposed to be used. Instead they are just saying F you or stfu or something like that.

Does XBL have that too?

highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 highlander0659
[QUOTE="highlander0659"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]How does XMB make the two the same? Have you ever actually used xbox live? :|WilliamRLBaker

:lol: just more bandwidth for us users, I have my xbox live paid up till 2009 and will pay for another 4-5 years once that runs up cause xbox live is superior to psn in every way, I've not got on psn since resistance and warhawk even then only for a short time each day.

you've yet to see if the list is confirmed or not and your sure talking alot of smack.

You can have more bandwidth while I'm enjoying a superior experience for free. We all know that PSNs updates which are more frequent than Xbox live. With this next one PSN will match Live in terms of functionality. However, since PSN updates more frequently it'll improve far faster than Live resulting in theinevitability of PSN(a free service) will be exponentially superior to Live(a paid service). At which point I'll laugh at you forcontinuingto ignorantly flush your money down the toilet.

I've yet to see a list of what makes Live superior in the first place. You talk a lot of smack for someone who can't elaborate on what exactly he's talking about.Personally, I perfer PSN to Live right now. And with constant update PSN's superiority will become fact.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 virtuas

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]LoL the cow dmg control is strong in this thread.

Mic is just a addon.

(addon odd its standard on xbox live and 360)GazzaB

just xmb alone will make ps3 the king of online gaming (pc not included).

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GazzaB
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="highlander0659"]

You can have more bandwidth while I'm enjoying a superior experience for free. We all know that PSNs updates which are more frequent than Xbox live. With this next one PSN will match Live in terms of functionality. However, since PSN updates more frequently it'll improve far faster than Live resulting in theinevitability of PSN(a free service) will be exponentially superior to Live(a paid service). At which point I'll laugh at you forcontinuingto ignorantly flush your money down the toilet.

I've yet to see a list of what makes Live superior in the first place. You talk a lot of smack for someone who can't elaborate on what exactly he's talking about.Personally, I perfer PSN to Live right now. And with constant update PSN's superiority will become fact.

Youre living in a dream world, and hey, you just may see a thread sometime listing every single thing that XBL does better than PSN.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sirk1264
[QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="Relys"]

Until then it sucks.

virtuas

how about you paying 54bucks makes xbox inferior now. mic is an option we choose to hav. 54 dollars is mandatory to play online

Wow you had to hide your statement from me. 54 dollars. Hmm i must be getting a deal then cause i only pay 50. Plus if you can't afford 50 dollars a year then there is something seriously wrong. The service is still better cause everything is integrated over the internet. you can chat with people even when your 360 is turned off on Xbox.com. Your gamertag is integrated with Xbox.com. Yea mic is an option. But why pay from 50 dollars to 80 dollars for a bluetooth 2.0 headset when you have one that simply comes with your console. By the way it has to be a bluetooth 2.0 headset. My first jabra was not a bluetooth 2.0 headset so it wouldn't work. I had to buy another one just to use it on psn.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sirk1264

Just curious whats your 360 gamertag?

kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts

Until then it sucks.

Relys

Not all 360s come with a headset

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 virtuas

when when HOME comes out, xbox will be doing the CATCH-UP. uh oh. i guess you going to have to wait for the next xbox for a HOME version of MS. wait what am i saying, the next xbox should be here anything time soon because xbox brand only last for 4 to 5 years.

since LIVE is only text bas, imagine the next LIVE, it will be exactly like HOME but twice as much. 100 dollars here we come

highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 highlander0659
[QUOTE="highlander0659"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]How does XMB make the two the same? Have you ever actually used xbox live? :|sirk1264

How so everything that is coming in the update is already integrated in Xbox Live. everything that PSN has is already in live. When 2.4 update comes, everything that psn will have will still be in Live. PSN is still playing catch up. While it is improving, its still not better than LIVE.

With PSN updating vastly faster than Live, PSN will be exponentially superior in no time. It all starts with this update that will even up the two services. Also, a free service on par with a paid one is already a large slap in the face to the drones who pay. When PSN surpasses Live, paying 50 dollars will feel like Microsoft is urinating on all of it's Live subscribers. Lemmings are basically comparable to R.Kellyvictims at that point.

highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 highlander0659
[QUOTE="highlander0659"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="highlander0659"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]How does XMB make the two the same? Have you ever actually used xbox live? :|sirk1264

Just curious whats your 360 gamertag?

Highlander0689

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sirk1264
[QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="JIT93"]

JIT93

Does XBL have that too?

You are going to have that on any online service. Some people are just A-HOLES but i've encountered alot more people that you are able to talk to online than morons.

highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 highlander0659
[QUOTE="highlander0659"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="highlander0659"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]How does XMB make the two the same? Have you ever actually used xbox live? :|GazzaB

Youre living in a dream world, and hey, you just may see a thread sometime listing every single thing that XBL does better than PSN.

"When one lives in a world devoid of fact and logic it can be described as a dream world...."

You're going to have to tell me what that's like sometime.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 virtuas

ps3 free Multiple account name > xbox headset

i cant believe you guys have to pay for extra account name

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 virtuas
[QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="Relys"]

Until then it sucks.

sirk1264

i bought my bluetooth for 19 bucks. even the 5 dollar bluetooth i bought during xmas worked on my ps3.

Wow you had to hide your statement from me. 54 dollars. Hmm i must be getting a deal then cause i only pay 50. Plus if you can't afford 50 dollars a year then there is something seriously wrong. The service is still better cause everything is integrated over the internet. you can chat with people even when your 360 is turned off on Xbox.com. Your gamertag is integrated with Xbox.com. Yea mic is an option. But why pay from 50 dollars to 80 dollars for a bluetooth 2.0 headset when you have one that simply comes with your console. By the way it has to be a bluetooth 2.0 headset. My first jabra was not a bluetooth 2.0 headset so it wouldn't work. I had to buy another one just to use it on psn.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GazzaB

ps3 free Multiple account name > xbox headset

i cant believe you guys have to pay for extra account name

virtuas

You can make as many XBL accounts as you want, and for free too:) Come back when you've actually used the service.

highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 highlander0659
[QUOTE="highlander0659"][QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="highlander0659"]

With PSN updating vastly faster than Live, PSN will be exponentially superior in no time. It all starts with this update that will even up the two services. Also, a free service on par with a paid one is already a large slap in the face to the drones who pay. When PSN surpasses Live, paying 50 dollars will feel like Microsoft is urinating on all of it's Live subscribers. Lemmings are basically comparable to R.Kellyvictims at that point.

So your saying that XBL won't update either then? Seriously so far all that sony has been doing is playing catchup. That is why there are so many updates. Sony's OS was buggy and lacked alot of features. For someone that says they have a 360 you sure sound like a cow cause all i really heard is MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've done nothing but bash the 360 in this thread.

Is your reading comprehension that of a fifth grader's? I clearly said, "With PSN updating vastly faster than Live...." Meaning that PSN updates more frequently than Live, obviously. Xbox Live updates seasonally while PSN updates monthly or even more frequently than that in some cases. You can do math right? At the rate that PSN updates it will be Live who's trying to catch up. With this upcoming update PSN will match or surpass Live(being free and all). Also, I've never experienced a bug with the PS3's OS which isn't part of PSN anyway... Since I have a 360 you can't really call me a cow. Just like since you have a PS3 I'm not quick to give you legal advice for Microsoft's blatant urination all over you... On second thought I can do that since you have put 50 or more dollars into Gold. However, I just can't just to accusing you of being a Lemming.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

JIT93
Yeah, communication is so overrated.