In Europe everyone wants a Wii over a PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FlashMan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FlashMan2006
Member since 2006 • 2923 Posts

Amazing isnt it? Even in the UK, Wiis are still hard to find and PS3s are still on shelves according to recent reports. In Spain and Denmark, its the same situation. The PS3 flopped in Europe. With that price who in their right mind will buy one? I'm not talking about the hardcore who will give their kidneys for one, I'm talking about everyday people who play maybe only once on the weekends.

UK Hardcore Gamer:

...so I bought my PS3 for 260 pounds in Tokyo 3 months ago. I paid 179 pounds for my Wii, its 120 in Japan ,the 360 is 280 pounds in the UK and around 220 in the US, so thats about a 60 pound difference both times, ok I can live with that, but a 165 pound difference, do Sony think Europeans are stupid?

Theres the problem. Sony thinks Europeans are stupid. Oh Sony, how thee have fallen

http://www.playfuls.com/news_06713_Europeans_Reject_the_PS3_Due_to_High_Price.html
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
Not amazing at all. It's easy to see why Europeans want the Wii over the PS3. They are smart.
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts
very true! I don't know anyone who has a ps3 yet, I only know one hardcore sony fanboy and he won't even get one because of the price!!
DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts
If we all look back 1-2 years ago, nobody predicted this type of reaction from gamers worldwide...Sony failed...BIG TIME.
ardylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ardylicious
Member since 2004 • 1107 Posts

The british get ripped off left right and centre. The Wii is a step back in technology and the PC is a quantum leap in technology.

But £500 for a console?? Err i don't think so. The Wii effect will not last forever as i have known a few who finally cancelled their orders realising that its not the leap they expected. Appeals more to the none gamer and the kids..

The ps3 is a name, we have already seen the 360 beat it in graphics , framerates and exclusives. The ps3 is rideing on japanese RPG's. More men who look very effeminate. Even the bearded ones....lol 

alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

Amazing isnt it? Even in the UK, Wiis are still hard to find and PS3s are still on shelves according to recent reports. In Spain and Denmark, its the same situation. The PS3 flopped in Europe. With that price who in their right mind will buy one? I'm not talking about the hardcore who will give their kidneys for one, I'm talking about everyday people who play maybe only once on the weekends.

UK Hardcore Gamer:

...so I bought my PS3 for 260 pounds in Tokyo 3 months ago. I paid 179 pounds for my Wii, its 120 in Japan ,the 360 is 280 pounds in the UK and around 220 in the US, so thats about a 60 pound difference both times, ok I can live with that, but a 165 pound difference, do Sony think Europeans are stupid?

Theres the problem. Sony thinks Europeans are stupid. Oh Sony, how thee have fallen

http://www.playfuls.com/news_06713_Europeans_Reject_the_PS3_Due_to_High_Price.htmlFlashMan2006

i know u wont beieve me but 4 of my freinds in my year have a ps3 and 2 have awii

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

The british get ripped off left right and centre. The Wii is a step back in technology and the PC is a quantum leap in technology.

But £500 for a console?? Err i don't think so. The Wii effect will not last forever as i have known a few who finally cancelled their orders realising that its not the leap they expected. Appeals more to the none gamer and the kids..

The ps3 is a name, we have already seen the 360 beat it in graphics , framerates and exclusives. The ps3 is rideing on japanese RPG's. More men who look very effeminate. Even the bearded ones....lol

ardylicious

Seems the Wii effect has not died yet... everone keeps saying it wont last forever... which is a given... but it's lasted much longer then anyone thought it would... and who knows when it will end.  

Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
[QUOTE="FlashMan2006"]

UK Hardcore Gamer:

http://www.playfuls.com/news_06713_Europeans_Reject_the_PS3_Due_to_High_Price.htmlalex1889

i know u wont beieve me but 4 of my freinds in my year have a ps3 and 2 have awii

You're on system wars. Its imposibble to have 6 friends O_o
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="ardylicious"]

GundamGuy0

Seems the Wii effect has not died yet... everone keeps saying it wont last forever... which is a given... but it's lasted much longer then anyone thought it would... and who knows when it will end.  

It won't end, just like the DS hasn't ended
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#10 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Everyone? Well, I didn't. The PS3 is far superior to the Wii.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Everyone? Well, I didn't. The PS3 is far superior to the Wii.SolidSnake35

It won't matter if the 3rd partys reduce there support for it... the Wii is gaining 3rd party support and the PS3 is losing it...  

fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts
I dont know anyone with a wii a few of my mates think it looks fun but they are all interested in the 360 and ps3.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
I dont know anyone with a wii a few of my mates think it looks fun but they are all interested in the 360 and ps3.fordies
People say that about the DS occaisionally, but its still the biggest selling HH
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="ardylicious"]

AvinashTyagi

It won't end, just like the DS hasn't ended

That's assuming Nintendo can keep up with releases after the first year. TBH I am amazed at the reaction the PS3 has received, I'd have thought Sony's brand strong enough that even at that price and no launch games that there would be sell outs, but that's not been the case at all, the PSP was a simple case of putting it down to Sony being the newbie, but that isn't the real problem at all, Sony have become very out of touch with the consumer. It doesn't matter which way you spin it, THIS is a bad launch, period.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
bu UK is teh success!1!1!
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

It's a good thing I have all three systems then.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#17 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Everyone? Well, I didn't. The PS3 is far superior to the Wii.GundamGuy0

It won't matter if the 3rd partys reduce there support for it... the Wii is gaining 3rd party support and the PS3 is losing it...  

I'd still rather have less games and a PS3, than a lot of games for the Wii. The games for the Wii just don't appeal to me at all.
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts
So every single person in Europe wants a Wii....................LOL
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Everyone? Well, I didn't. The PS3 is far superior to the Wii.GundamGuy0

They're not losing any. Only thing happening is sharing with the XBOX 360.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14823 Posts
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Everyone? Well, I didn't. The PS3 is far superior to the Wii.redneckdouglas

They're not losing any. Only thing happening is sharing with the XBOX 360.

while the wii shares with the ps2, so its all good