Im tired of all this fiddle faddling about the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SageAnomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 SageAnomie
Member since 2003 • 436 Posts

HONESTLY....to all you that have 360's and constantly are downing the PS3 in any way possible, what is your problem.

It dont matter what games it does not have it has not been out for a year yet, and to all that really complain about the price, dont buy it then. Frankly it really is not any more expensive then the 360. At least my ps3 came with a blue-ray player and i dont have to add on a $200 attachment. Not to mention the HDMI the PS3 has, and the buit in wi-fi. Ohh wait. The wireless adapter for 360 is $100. Combined with how much the HD-DVD atatchment is $200. That kinda sounds a little more expensive the my ps3. But anyway the point is let us PS3 owners be. I just dont understand what all the complaining is about unless 360 owners are threatend by something........Are they????

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
You're in the wrong forum. This is System Wars.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
Its not our fault that u wasted 600$ for a console that doesnt have games, go cry somewhere else
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

Its not our fault that u wasted 600$ for a console that doesnt have games, go cry somewhere elseventure00
if he thinks h es wasted his money why would he be sticking up 4 ps3 and not selling it. Oh wait 10year old lemming logic.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
Microsoft gives you the choice, Sony dosent. I dont need a Blu-ray player to play good games.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Microsoft gives you the choice, Sony dosent. I dont need a Blu-ray player to play good games. lucas_kelly
Yes, Microsoft gives you the choice to pay ridiculous prices for HDDs, Memory cards (Oh sorry, Memory UNITS), Charge and Play peripherals, an add-on for the failing HD-DVD and paid online which is the equivalent of Xfire on PC.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Dude don't be so insecure, PS3 will be fine, if you look ahead PS3 will be great, until then you're going to have to stomach with all the negativity around here or not you could go somewhere else.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

Microsoft gives you the choice, Sony dosent. I dont need a Blu-ray player to play good games. lucas_kelly

Yes they give you choices, Silver or Gold Live. I like Sony's "forced" free online better.

SageAnomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SageAnomie
Free is always better. Guess i just dont like 360's cause I dont like western style games....Oh im sorry, I mean shooters.
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Oh youll be suprised just how good the games look when u have a 42 inch lcd that can display 1080p and an hdmi cord and a ps3. It cost me $2,700 for everything including motorstorm, resistance fall of man, genji, call of duty 3, and virtua fighter, and I must say, every launch game including the downloadable ones, look very impressive graphically, even ridge racer 7 blew my eyes off, lmao. I now understand why sony went with bluray for making there games and I think it is a smart move. Come see me if u want.

PSN Gamretag: Vivalatom

Xbox Live Gamertag: HEADCRUSHNTONGAN

Dashtal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dashtal
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts

Its not our fault that u wasted 600$ for a console that doesnt have games, go cry somewhere elseventure00

Your sig is awesome :lol: 

SageAnomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SageAnomie
It cost me only $350 for a Samsung 22' monitor with a res of (1920x1080) and a contrast racio of 3000:1. That with my HDMI to DVI Cord, and Im set. Oh and its HDCP compliant.
SilverGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SilverGamer99
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
Thats because Lems have gotten arrogant because of a 1 year headstart. They think MS is unstoppable, Let me ask you this Lems, how can MS be unstoppable when 360 is considered crap in Japan and Europe. Only NA cares about 360. I see PS3 eclipsing 360 by years end. 360 had no competition in Europe and Japan for over a year, yet 360 only manages to sell less than half a mill in japan and 3.5 mill in Europe with a cheaper price than North America's 360 price.  Deny all you want, you know i'm right. NA+Europe+Japan>NA alone.
SageAnomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SageAnomie
What I like about Sony is that....well they wont give up. Even though I am a Sega fanboy by heart. I just dont wana see MS win. I dont like shooting games for cryon out loud.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts

Thats because Lems have gotten arrogant because of a 1 year headstart. They think MS is unstoppable, Let me ask you this Lems, how can MS be unstoppable when 360 is considered crap in Japan and Europe. Only NA cares about 360. I see PS3 eclipsing 360 by years end. 360 had no competition in Europe and Japan for over a year, yet 360 only manages to sell less than half a mill in japan and 3.5 mill in Europe with a cheaper price than North America's 360 price. Deny all you want, you know i'm right. NA+Europe+Japan>NA alone. SilverGamer99

Because while you're too busy pouring over sales figures and charts for foreign countries, we're playing GAMES. And after all, isn't that what its all about? lol 

SilverGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilverGamer99
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

[QUOTE="SilverGamer99"]Thats because Lems have gotten arrogant because of a 1 year headstart. They think MS is unstoppable, Let me ask you this Lems, how can MS be unstoppable when 360 is considered crap in Japan and Europe. Only NA cares about 360. I see PS3 eclipsing 360 by years end. 360 had no competition in Europe and Japan for over a year, yet 360 only manages to sell less than half a mill in japan and 3.5 mill in Europe with a cheaper price than North America's 360 price. Deny all you want, you know i'm right. NA+Europe+Japan>NA alone. shsonline

Because while you're too busy pouring over sales figures and charts for foreign countries, we're playing GAMES. And after all, isn't that what its all about? lol 

LOL, another Lemming gloating over a year head start. I've got 10 games in my PS3 collection. I must be watching Blu-ray movies all day. :shock:

Idonomeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Idonomeus
Member since 2006 • 2273 Posts
From now on I'm only going to say positive things about the PS3 so I don't hurt cows feelings :lol: This is a games forum and we talk about the gaming industry. Right now Sony not doing so well and it's going to get talked about. No one is forcing you to read these forums.
SwedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SwedBear
Member since 2003 • 84 Posts

[QUOTE="lucas_kelly"]Microsoft gives you the choice, Sony dosent. I dont need a Blu-ray player to play good games. InfamousC

Yes they give you choices, Silver or Gold Live. I like Sony's "forced" free online better.

I rather pay for something that works well than get something free that doesn't work well. I got both the 360 and the PS3 and so far PSN is a joke compared to XBL. 50$ is a small price to pay for an excellent online service. Home is intriguing but since I haven't been into these "virtual worlds" thingy for several years I'm not sure it is something for me. What I want from PSN is simple:

* Unified friendslist over ALL games
* All games support voicechat
* The ability to see what my friends are playing and invite them to my game regardless whhat they are doing on their console (ok, except running Linux on it at the moment)
* A Playstation store that isn't running like molasses (the Euro-servers opened up yesterday and it still is slow when browsing around)

Quite simply - right now PSN is quite far behind XBL. I hope they get around to fixing these problems though since I just want a good online experience regardless which system I use.

As for the original posters which you quoted. The choice been talked about there has nothing to do with online. You cannot ignore the simple fact that MS does give the gamers the option to pay for the HD-movie support by buying the HD-DVD addon or to wait until a clear winner has been decided and then get either the add-on or a separate player. I got both the PS3 with the Blueray and the HD-DVD addon for the 360 and while I have movies for both (picked up a bunch when I was in New York a week ago) I wasn't exactly blown away by the selection for either format. IMHO DVD's still will reign for quite some time so I can understand people who are hesitant to pay extra for a HD-format before they really need it.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

You're in the wrong forum. This is System Wars.shsonline

Damn I was just gonna post that dude lol

I love it when people try to come off like their fanboyish home crowd are all innocent, all fanboys bash systems and games and gamers. That's why I'm a fanboy of nothing.

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
Hey, I love Fiddle Faddle! Tasty! If you don't like the PS3 being ripped on, don't visit System Wars. Not until some really good PS3 news is released, at least. Also, if PS3 fanboys can get away with pointing out that HDMI cables for PS3 are only $10 compared to the over-priced Sony branded cables, I feel obligated to point out you can use a non-Microsoft-branded wifi adapter for far cheaper than $100. And your "PS3 has wifi built in" statement is misleading... only the expensive $600 version has that.
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts

[QUOTE="shsonline"]You're in the wrong forum. This is System Wars.kcpp2b

Damn I was just gonna post that dude lol

I love it when people try to come off like their fanboyish home crowd are all innocent, all fanboys bash systems and games and gamers. That's why I'm a fanboy of nothing.

If you can't handle the System War's heat, then get out of the kitchen I always say!

And besides, we bash Sony for a reason, like Sony themselves didn't give us enough ammo to do so! And the fact that the PS3 is a flop right now doesn't help matters out either. That and loosing exclusive third-party titles left and right!

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

mmmmmmmm, it's been a while.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
the PS3 is an overhyped flop- you say Who cares about the games? but errr GAMES are the WHOLE point of gaming- sure u might not care much coz uve got a 'cheap' BluRay player- but real gamers do care. I mean if you've waited a year or more for a console just because of the BluRay player when u could have bought a perfectly good X360 with a bunch of good games & save money then that says enough. the Wi-Fi adapter is pointless on a home console- sure on the DS or PSP its fine- but for online gaming on a next-gen console Wi-Fi just isnt reliable enough unless ur close to your modem & in that case an ethernet cable is FAR superior.
mc2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mc2k4
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts

HONESTLY....to all you that have 360's and constantly are downing the PS3 in any way possible, what is your problem.

It dont matter what games it does not have it has not been out for a year yet, and to all that really complain about the price, dont buy it then. Frankly it really is not any more expensive then the 360. At least my ps3 came with a blue-ray player and i dont have to add on a $200 attachment. Not to mention the HDMI the PS3 has, and the buit in wi-fi. Ohh wait. The wireless adapter for 360 is $100. Combined with how much the HD-DVD atatchment is $200. That kinda sounds a little more expensive the my ps3. But anyway the point is let us PS3 owners be. I just dont understand what all the complaining is about unless 360 owners are threatend by something........Are they????

SageAnomie

Amen. 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="SageAnomie"]

mc2k4

Amen.

You just proved yourself to be a blind fanboy to say Amen to that crap. I mean this is system wars what should you expect? It's not System Debate or System Discussion lol it's wars! Crazy fanboys will support anything positive to their cause even if it is nuts 

SageAnomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SageAnomie
Wa Wa Wa its a thread. u dont like what he said, then leave.
04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts
i agree ps3 fanboys arent lik that were jus neutral lik the swizz (or at least we try to b)
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

LOL, another Lemming gloating over a year head start. I've got 10 games in my PS3 collection. I must be watching Blu-ray movies all day. :shock:

SilverGamer99

What 10 games do you have for your PS3??? 

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

SageAnomie
Meh to all HD Disc formats.
SageAnomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SageAnomie
yeah but eventually everything will turn into HD formats. I agree that DVD and such formats were just fine but, the world wants HD.lol
_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _vacant_
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts

SageAnomie

so you came in here to complain about people hurting you and your ps3s feelings, only to go on to insult the 360, and its fans?

no, youre not backwards    :roll: