I'm thinking of buying a PS3 with my own money

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I'm getting a summer job this summer (obvi) cause without a job I can't graduate. Earning minumum wage and getting my 30 hours of work I'll make an easy 300 dollars. In a summer I can make near a 1000 dollars and of course with birthday money I can easily afford a PS3

I'm just wondering if it's necessary

I am just buying a PS2 with all the ****cs I missed out on, luckily not MGS but cla ssics like shadow of the collosus and Ico

I really wanna play MGS4 and am tired of waiting for the 360 port, damn you Kojima!

Games like Valkriya Chronicles, God of War 3, and Final Fantasy XIII Versus also look great

Do you think it's worthwhile for me to make this investment? Do your work system wars

I own a gaming rig and a 360 by the way as well as a Wii.
Avatar image for Dragonfly_Jones
Dragonfly_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dragonfly_Jones
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
Yes. You will need a back-up when your 360 craps out.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol .
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toriko42
I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol . CleanPlayer
Yeah that's what I figured, I only want 3 games, Resistence 2, Killzone 2, and others don't interest me much at all R2 is beaten by Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2 is destroyed by Halo 3....
W1ckedGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 W1ckedGo0se
Member since 2008 • 1246 Posts
Well... Its all about games... If you like the Games on the PS3 and can afford 400 (its not much IMO) then Go for it... I would look through the PS3 Section of this site instead of Making this topic on System Wars... Its not going to do any good for you or anyone that posts here...
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
get it, more consoles = more fun
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#7 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
Sure go ahead. You won't regret it :)
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol . CleanPlayer
Do you play games?? PS3 has had a lot of good games this year so there is really no reason to "hardly play my PS3." It's had more exclusives and in general they've been higher rated than what's available on X360. And 2009 looks better for PS3 as well.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Toriko42
Well... Its all about games... If you like the Games on the PS3 and can afford 400 (its not much IMO) then Go for it... I would look through the PS3 Section of this site instead of Making this topic on System Wars... Its not going to do any good for you or anyone that posts here...W1ckedGo0se
My hope was for a price drop by next summer, 300? 350? Throw me a bone here Sony! I want the blu ray as well
Avatar image for WatchmenWatchUs
WatchmenWatchUs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WatchmenWatchUs
Member since 2008 • 445 Posts
I thought you were a major 360 fan? If you own a Wii, PC, and 360 you might as well get a PS3 when you're able to. Its nice to have all the consoles. I just need to get my Wii fixed. Go for it
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol . Toriko42
Yeah that's what I figured, I only want 3 games, Resistence 2, Killzone 2, and others don't interest me much at all R2 is beaten by Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2 is destroyed by Halo 3....

Then why did you make this thread?
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CleanPlayer
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol . Toriko42

I feel ya man. I bought mine for Final Fantasy 13 and Sony screwed me over with that.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

If you have all of the other systems and pay for xbox live every year and don't have a lot of money , then don't bother. Just learn how to ignore the good looking ps3 games , I am sure some people in here can teach you how they do it.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CleanPlayer
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol . EmperorSupreme
Do you play games?? PS3 has had a lot of good games this year so there is really no reason to "hardly play my PS3." It's had more exclusives and in general they've been higher rated than what's available on X360. And 2009 looks better for PS3 as well.

All the good games they have, I can get on the 360. Their exclusives right now are not what I bought the PS3 for, besides Resistance 2.
W1ckedGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 W1ckedGo0se
Member since 2008 • 1246 Posts
[QUOTE="W1ckedGo0se"]Well... Its all about games... If you like the Games on the PS3 and can afford 400 (its not much IMO) then Go for it... I would look through the PS3 Section of this site instead of Making this topic on System Wars... Its not going to do any good for you or anyone that posts here...Toriko42
My hope was for a price drop by next summer, 300? 350? Throw me a bone here Sony! I want the blu ray as well

You should have picked it up fathers day weekend... They had a special where if you buy a PS3 at wallmart they gave you a $100 Gift Card... So I got my PS3 for $299
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol . lantus

Cause those are two games in a huge lineup of games...
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts

PS3 is a very virsital system and I love the fact that most of my....Ahem, "Videos" are on my PS3 but the games that intrest me are on the 360 (and most of the time there better). Gaming/Online PS3360.

also, if you want a PS3 for Killzone 2 I'd wait til the game comes out and read some reviews. I fill Killzone 2 might be get some mixed reviews.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Toriko42
[QUOTE="WatchmenWatchUs"]I thought you were a major 360 fan? If you own a Wii, PC, and 360 you might as well get a PS3 when you're able to. Its nice to have all the consoles. I just need to get my Wii fixed. Go for it

I can come off that way but I really am not, I consider myself a manticore.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shattered007
[QUOTE="Shattered007"]

PS3 is a very virsital system and I love the fact that most of my....Ahem, "Videos" are on my PS3 but the games that intrest me are on the 360 (and most of the time there better). Gaming/Online PS3360.

also, if you want a PS3 for Killzone 2 I'd wait til the game comes out and read some reviews. I fill Killzone 2 might be get some mixed reviews.

Man, I'm tired of editing my post when they come out wrong :| forget it...
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lantus
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] Yeah that's what I figured, I only want 3 games, Resistence 2, Killzone 2, and others don't interest me much at all R2 is beaten by Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2 is destroyed by Halo 3....Toriko42

You just said, " I only want 3 games." Which is it?
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
Well since you are working, Get a 60 or the 80 GB (the one with 4 usbs on) Ps3, they have backwards compatablity
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="lantus"] Then why did you make this thread?lantus

True but MGS4, God of War 3, and FFXIII versus are big reasons no? And also there are so many other games I'm slightly interested in like Valkyria Chronicles, and Killzone 2 maybe Of course I'm waiting till the summer to see what gets announced.
Kratos-Sackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kratos-Sackboy
Member since 2008 • 472 Posts

Well since you are working, Get a 60 or the 80 GB (the one with 4 usbs on) Ps3, they have backwards compatablityJIT93

^ This. Op, I thought you were a 360 fanboy?

Avatar image for danthegardner99
danthegardner99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danthegardner99
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol . CleanPlayer

I feel ya man. I bought mine for Final Fantasy 13 and Sony screwed me over with that.

Sucks 4 u

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I hardly play my PS3, I wouldn't recommend one unless they come out banging with what made the PS2 so dominant. which is unlikely. It's your money, at least your not spending it on drugs lol . CleanPlayer

All the good games they have, I can get on the 360. Their exclusives right now are not what I bought the PS3 for, besides Resistance 2.

Sounds like you are missing out. Just off the top of my head these are some of the games for 2008 on PS3 that aren't on X360. Racing: GranTurismo Prologue, Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Wipeout HD Sports: MLB08 The Show & Hot Shots Golf Horror: Siren RPG: Valkyria Chronicles & Disagea Platformer: Little Big Planet Niche: Singstar, Buzz Quiz Shooters: MGS4, SOCOM & Resistance 2 The fact is Sony has a lot more inhouse development than MS and 2009 looks to be the same with PS3 having more exclusives again.
Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

Well for starters, I'd go with this:

MGS4 PS3 bundle

They just got restocked I think last week and they're also available at Amazon. It might be a $100 more from what you're going to work on but it's a pretty good deal. If not then you can go for this one:

GunMetal Grey PS3 MGS4 bundle

It doesn't have bc compatibility though...

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shattered007
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] Cause those are two games in a huge lineup of games...Toriko42

True but MGS4, God of War 3, and FFXIII versus are big reasons no? And also there are so many other games I'm slightly interested in like Valkyria Chronicles, and Killzone 2 maybe Of course I'm waiting till the summer to see what gets announced.

Something tells me that FF13v Wont be/stay exclusive. Square Enixe has gone on record and said they're not in exclsive game maker.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Toriko42

They just got restocked I think last week and they're also available at Amazon. It might be a $100 more from what you're going to work on but it's a pretty good deal. If not then you can go for this one:

Bazooka_4ME
BC is gonna be big for me since I'm getting a PS2 soon
Kratos-Sackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kratos-Sackboy
Member since 2008 • 472 Posts

MGS4 PS3 bundle

GunMetal Grey PS3 MGS4 bundle

Bazooka_4ME

I have the MGS4 bundle! Totally worth it Op.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lantus
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] Cause those are two games in a huge lineup of games...Toriko42

That's fine, but I'll tell you this, you're going to be disappointed unless you give it an equal share of the love. Like the guy early on in the thread, he doesn't play his PS3 because he gets everything on 360; you've got to pick and choose what game, for which console.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lantus
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="lantus"] You just said, " I only want 3 games." Which is it?Shattered007

Something tells me that FF13v Wont be/stay exclusive. Square Enixe has gone on record and said they're not in exclsive game maker.

They didn't say they wouldn't make exclusive games, they just said they aren't going to be supporting one console like they did with the PS1 and PS2 where 95% of their games were released on those consoles.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Toriko42
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="lantus"] You just said, " I only want 3 games." Which is it?

That's fine, but I'll tell you this, you're going to be disappointed unless you give it an equal share of the love. Like the guy early on in the thread, he doesn't play his PS3 because he gets everything on 360; you've got to pick and choose what game, for which console.

Well if I got one I'd get FFXIII and Tekken 6 on PS3 anyways because the D-pad
Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]

?????.... If BC is gonna be big for you then you wouldn't need a PS2; instead just get the 80g MGS4 bundle that has BC.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shattered007
[QUOTE="Shattered007"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] True but MGS4, God of War 3, and FFXIII versus are big reasons no? And also there are so many other games I'm slightly interested in like Valkyria Chronicles, and Killzone 2 maybe Of course I'm waiting till the summer to see what gets announced.lantus

They didn't say they wouldn't make exclusive games, they just said they aren't going to be supporting one console like they did with the PS1 and PS2 where 95% of their games were released on those consoles.

Yeah, that :)
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lantus
Well if I got one I'd get FFXIII and Tekken 6 on PS3 anyways because the D-pad Toriko42
More so than that, I'm talking like splitting your purchases in half between 360 and PS3. And in your case, between the PC as well.
Avatar image for ExplosiveChorro
ExplosiveChorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ExplosiveChorro
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]

Bazooka_4ME

?????.... If BC is gonna be big for you then you wouldn't need a PS2; instead just get the 80g MGS4 bundle that has BC.

yeah really...
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CleanPlayer
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"] Do you play games?? PS3 has had a lot of good games this year so there is really no reason to "hardly play my PS3." It's had more exclusives and in general they've been higher rated than what's available on X360. And 2009 looks better for PS3 as well.

Sounds like you are missing out. Just off the top of my head these are some of the games for 2008 on PS3 that aren't on X360. Racing: GranTurismo Prologue, Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Wipeout HD Sports: MLB08 The Show & Hot Shots Golf Horror: Siren RPG: Valkyria Chronicles & Disagea Platformer: Little Big Planet Niche: Singstar, Buzz Quiz Shooters: MGS4, SOCOM & Resistance 2 The fact is Sony has a lot more inhouse development than MS and 2009 looks to be the same with PS3 having more exclusives again.

The only game I would recommend personally is MGS4. The others don't interest me, it's fine you enjoy it. A lot of people seem to do.
swapnil926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 swapnil926
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts
there will probably be a price drop by then do you'll be paying more like $300.
Night-Wolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Night-Wolf93
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts
im buying my ps3 on feburary right before killzone2 comes out.. but as right now im happy with my xbox360..=)
Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts
get it, more consoles = more funGiancar
Exactly. more systems=more fun and the PS3 is gonna be awesome next year. i hope the PS3 get exclusive DLC for RE5
R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
I just bought the MGS4 special edition 40 gig for the sole purpose of playing MGS4, and it's totally worth getting a PS3 if you're going to play more than 3 games and if you get one with backward compatability I say go for it
MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
"with my own money"? so you've never bought a console with your own money?
Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

"with my own money"? so you've never bought a console with your own money?MightyMuna

Yep the man's spoiled.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#44 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I bought the PS3 with my own money, and I don't regret it.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Toriko42
"with my own money"? so you've never bought a console with your own money?MightyMuna
Yeah, I've gotten most of my consoles as birthday presents or as gifts since it's about all people know to buy me I got a 360 for my 16th birthday, a gamecube for my 9th birthday I think, a N64 for my 6th birthday and a SNES and NES existed before.
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

I bought my Ps3 with my own money at 14 last year and haven't regretted it for a moment. Go for it. All Ps3 1st party exclusive are actually exclusive...*looks at Gears and Halo*.

AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
Get the PS3 and call it a day. Oh yeah: - MGS4 is not coming to 360 - If you get a 360, then buy a second as backup because it WILL crap out on you
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Why not? PS360=best combo.
PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

I'm getting a summer job this summer (obvi) cause without a job I can't graduate. Earning minumum wage and getting my 30 hours of work I'll make an easy 300 dollars. In a summer I can make near a 1000 dollars and of course with birthday money I can easily afford a PS3

I'm just wondering if it's necessary

I am just buying a PS2 with all the ****cs I missed out on, luckily not MGS but cla ssics like shadow of the collosus and Ico

I really wanna play MGS4 and am tired of waiting for the 360 port, damn you Kojima!

Games like Valkriya Chronicles, God of War 3, and Final Fantasy XIII Versus also look great

Do you think it's worthwhile for me to make this investment? Do your work system wars

I own a gaming rig and a 360 by the way as well as a Wii. Toriko42

Who ever said MGS4 was coming to the 360, i've never heard that, i heard it's a Sony exclusive this gen, and if you want to play the system that will have more exclusives, not to mention superior specs, then by all means get a PS3, i have the 160Gig model myself. Don't listen to anyone in here who says there's nothing to play on it because all the multiplats make the 360 and PS3 library nearly identical, and not only does Sony have more exclusives, they have better ones...MGS4, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, GT-5, Ratchet & Clank Future, MLB The Show 08, Resistance 1 & 2, White Knight Chronicles, Killzone 2, God of War 3, Infamous and many more to come. So work that job and get that PS3, and i promise you'll never feel the urge to play any other console.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
It's well worth it my friend.