IGN's Lair review (4.9) - edited with link.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#451 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

[QUOTE="stefanlek"]wel see what gamespot give itDarthmatt
They'l probably give it a 9.0 just to confuse the hell out of everyone. :P

lool :lol:

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#452 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
lolz, true dat!
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts

Seriously, people should quit getting worked out. Yes the game has turned out to be a train wreck and will not at least to the critics and hardcore be a saviour for the doomed PS3 but you have to realise that its still a pretty much Win-Win situation for Sony.

For starters, games sell, no matter what the reviews say, and in this increasing casual gaming market, its even more likely. As a result, casuals will see big giant dragons and epic battles with a beautiful coat of paint and eat this game up. Dare i say it, but this is the best looking game out right now

Secondly, all the reviews so far have criticised one MAIN thing. Yes we all know what it is controls and lock on system. Now imagine they worked, all of sudden, taking on these LOTR esque battles and feeling like its one from the films is a reality. Yes the horrible targetting means you cant shoot youre way through and yes the poor controls mean you cant exactly make up for the former, but with a 2 month or even 3 month delay, this couldve EASILY been a AAA title.

Why? Well nobody has commented on the battles themselves, and the diversity of them as well as their scope. Either way, this is a good kick up the backside for Factor 5 and Sony, next time, they will be back with a vengeance.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Seriously, people should quit getting worked out. Yes the game has turned out to be a train wreck and will not at least to the critics and hardcore be a saviour for the doomed PS3 but you have to realise that its still a pretty much Win-Win situation for Sony.

For starters, games sell, no matter what the reviews say, and in this increasing casual gaming market, its even more likely. As a result, casuals will see big giant dragons and epic battles with a beautiful coat of paint and eat this game up. Dare i say it, but this is the best looking game out right now

Secondly, all the reviews so far have criticised one MAIN thing. Yes we all know what it is controls and lock on system. Now imagine they worked, all of sudden, taking on these LOTR esque battles and feeling like its one from the films is a reality. Yes the horrible targetting means you cant shoot youre way through and yes the poor controls mean you cant exactly make up for the former, but with a 2 month or even 3 month delay, this couldve EASILY been a AAA title.

Why? Well nobody has commented on the battles themselves, and the diversity of them as well as their scope. Either way, this is a good kick up the backside for Factor 5 and Sony, next time, they will be back with a vengeance.

WuTangG

this game won't sell. word of this games floppage will spread like wildfire in a central-california summer.

I hereby prophesy this game will not reach 100,000 copies.

HPPL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 HPPL3
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

Damn that review was just haaaaarrrrrrssssssh.

Factor 5 made a mistake supporting hardware and not a software company. :lol: They got owned

The_Tay-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#456 The_Tay-Man
Member since 2006 • 265 Posts

WuTangG

Yes but there is a big difference between *could have been* a good game and *is* a good game.
Soz but Your "win win situation" got pwned
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
[QUOTE="jd7-03"]

Time to say it again!!!! The flop trained has rolled back in town PS3 fanboys! It was here last year for RFOM, then back in the spring with Motorstorm, andback in August for Heavenly Sword. You may have also seen it a few days ago when itcame backfor Warhawk. Looks like were be seeing the flop train again very soon! Toooooot toooooot floppppa floppppa floppppaa floppppa floppppa floppppa toooooot toooooot!!!!!

ANOTHER ONES BITES THE DUST!!!

Big_player

to be fair warhawk didnt technically flop because it was hyped AA

warhawk did better than i thought it would tbh.

but lol at lair XD

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 WuTangG
[QUOTE="WuTangG"]

The_Tay-Man

Yes but there is a big difference between *could have been* a good game and *is* a good game.
Soz but Your "win win situation" got pwned

It WILL sell - Motorflop is selling despite being a pile of mediocre crap, its a casuals heaven and so it beats Forza 2

It shows the power of the PS3

Sony wins = (

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#459 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts
Factor 5 should had stayed with Nintendo. It was foolish for them to jump head first into the PS3 knowing there is is a no diving zone.
soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts
I know game devs lurk on msg boards and such, but are they not allowed to post/talk to specific members regarding thier game or something?
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
i still feel sorry for developers that work so hard only to have the work smashed up in moments by reviews :P
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#462 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
i still feel sorry for developers that work so hard only to have the work smashed up in moments by reviews :Ptoxicmog
But maybe they were trying to push the game too far, and the end result is muddled.
Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#463 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
I'm thinking rogue squadron 4 on wii. hopefully they'll have a little better luck with a series they've had success with before.
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

That has got to be the worst review I've read in a long time.

The only reason he seems to give are, something is lame, or the suck, or something like that.

If the controls suck so bad, then give some examples of things that you wanted to do but couldn't. Say something more than, they suck.

Did someone hack their site and post a fake review or something?

How that got past any kind of quality control is beyond me.

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 WuTangG

The only reason he seems to give are, something is lame, or the suck, or something like that.

If the controls suck so bad, then give some examples of things that you wanted to do but couldn't. Say something more than, they suck.

Gaara79

No he went well in depth to as how they suck:|

Please take fanboy goggles off and read the review...

Konxumer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 Konxumer
Member since 2005 • 711 Posts
The review could use an editorial pass, however the score still stands. Wow this is one game that fell off the truck huh? Devs will have to start thinking twice before pushing forced motion controls onto buyers.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
ouch... what was the official hype for it here? AA or AAA?
Clock_Ticking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 Clock_Ticking
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts

ouch... what was the official hype for it here? AA or AAA?lawlessx

teh AAA, teh cell, teh gears killa, teh 100000 enemies on screen...so i've heard

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]ouch... what was the official hype for it here? AA or AAA?Clock_Ticking

teh AAA, teh cell, teh gears killa, teh 100000 enemies on screen...so i've heard

ah...its all coming back to me now :lol:

Clock_Ticking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 Clock_Ticking
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
[QUOTE="Clock_Ticking"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]ouch... what was the official hype for it here? AA or AAA?lawlessx

ah...its all coming back to me now :lol:

and cows r trying to pretend this game was never hyped...

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
4.9? That's really low and IGN is known to be easy on the games. Oh boy, now I can't wait for GS's review for Lair and it doesn't like it's going to pull a PDZ.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
wow the cow's "big 07 games" are running out and all seem to be flopping big time. no wonder they call bioshock overated since they have nothing to compete.
jwmakoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 jwmakoto
Member since 2004 • 787 Posts
Meh.... I just played the bridge level the reviewer was having problems with and beat it first try. I didn't have troubles locking onto anything at all.... maybe he didn't do the training/practice levels? 
It's not a perfect game, but imo 4.9 is really selling it short. More like 7.5-8/10 from what I've played.
Galaxybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#474 Galaxybear
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts
You know Clock_Ticking, are you aware that you have posted the same thing a dozen times, at this point I think the only person talking about enemies on screen and Cell in Lair is you. I think its sad your so bitter over something so trivial... And the Gs review was pretty half-***ed
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#475 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
As I said in another thread, Lair is the biggest flop in SW and I was right. Booyah :P
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts

I'm going to say ouch for cows

Avatar image for ToiletOnHisHead
ToiletOnHisHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 ToiletOnHisHead
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts

This game proves one thing.

Gameplay>>>>> Graphics

Factor 5 should learn a thing or two from Nintendo.

Astral_Vapor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 Astral_Vapor
Member since 2007 • 276 Posts
damn my momma cant make pancakes flop as bad as this game
Koba123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#479 Koba123
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts

LOL, i have a bet in Systemwars bets that says that ill use the i got owned signature, when lair scores 9.0 or more on gamespot......i think i win......

Another topic, who here enojeyd the game Total Overdose? It was totally pointless, repeative, no storyline, and mediocre graphics, but i played trough it twice just for the plain pointless fun reviews were pretty bad for this game.....so ill give lair a try, see if it can pull of a TO

Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts
[QUOTE="Gaara79"]

WuTangG

No he went well in depth to as how they suck:|

Please take fanboy goggles off and read the review...

Oops my bad. I only read the last page and thought that was the whole review.

The link goes straight to the last page so i thought that was the whole thing.

I'm not a fanboy of any system. I just have a very low respect for IGN. So lowI actually thought that last page was supposed to be a whole review.

Self owned:oops: